• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

supine

Rob Mundle in May Seahorse

Buy an ad Bob!

Seriously, as an Australian ex-pat I look forward to getting a bit of antipodean news every month in Seahorse but more often then not that lazy fuck Mundle just rewrites another Oatley press release talking up Hamilton Island Race Week and how nice the island resort is and what an architectural gem is the new yacht club and how about a round of golf too!

FFS. Give the guernsey to Blue or someone serious about covering some news from down under.

Syderney's Stripey

He's not in Sydney any more toto.

Rob bumbles now is on the gold coast.

Using his passion fingers to run the southport yacht club.

The one thing he does do on the coast is make the saying true.

The Gold Coast, a very sunny place with a lot of shady people.

Pulpit

My bad, it's the June issue, not the May one.

But I went back through some old copies I had lying around. Last year Mumbles wrote 7 columns and in 2 he talked up HIRW, 1 he went on about the Oatleys and another 1 was dedicated to a HIRW report.

Blue Robinson has been writing the column more recently (Dec '11 -> May '12) but the first time Mumbles gets another a go he's back writing about HIRW.

Seeing as the only other sailing that rates a mention is the Sydney Hobart (of course with a good dose of Oatley cheerleading) perhaps I'm wrong.

Perhaps HIRW is the most important regatta in Australia. :ph34r:

My bad, it's the June issue, not the May one.

But I went back through some old copies I had lying around. Last year Mumbles wrote 7 columns and in 2 he talked up HIRW, 1 he went on about the Oatleys and another 1 was dedicated to a HIRW report.

Blue Robinson has been writing the column more recently (Dec '11 -> May '12) but the first time Mumbles gets another a go he's back writing about HIRW.

Seeing as the only other sailing that rates a mention is the Sydney Hobart (of course with a good dose of Oatley cheerleading) perhaps I'm wrong.

Perhaps HIRW is the most important regatta in Australia. :ph34r:

Of course you are right Marty. Without Bob Oatley, Rob Mumbles and HIRW, there is no other sailing in Australia!

Take this crap to another sailing website - maybe the Kiwi site, or perhaps start one of your own. If you don't know how to do that, ask the Kiwis.

Of course you are right Marty. Without Bob Oatley, Rob Mumbles and HIRW, there is no other sailing in Australia!

Now you're just trying to scare me into not coming back. :ph34r::lol:

........... more often then not that lazy fuck Mundle just rewrites another Oatley press release talking up Hamilton Island Race Week and how nice the island resort is and what an architectural gem is the new yacht club and how about a round of golf too! ............

My recollection, fuzzy I admit - is that Mumbles was part of the "boys club" that funded and promoted the construction of Hamilton Island Harbour with Keith Williams in the late 70's

........... more often then not that lazy fuck Mundle just rewrites another Oatley press release talking up Hamilton Island Race Week and how nice the island resort is and what an architectural gem is the new yacht club and how about a round of golf too! ............

My recollection, fuzzy I admit - is that Mumbles was part of the "boys club" that funded and promoted the construction of Hamilton Island Harbour with Keith Williams in the late 70's

NO!

NO!

ok - thanks

No that was someone else.

But don't you worry about that..........

420_bjelke-petersen-420x0.jpg