• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peccadillo

Australian Three Peaks Race 2012

I'll second that Corley, and the new website is also excellant. After watching Peccadillo's video I must say the Atlantic Cats for'd cockpit is somewhere I would prefer not to be in Bass Straight! Be nice in French Polynesia though. Cheers to all my Victorian mates and see you all? at Airlie Race Week, should be a ripper.

I agree the forward half of most multis is an unpleasant place to be in any sort of rough weather. I have often wondered the logic of the forward cockpit, especially on a cruising boat.

Report and video on Aussie multihull Peccadillo in this year's Australian Three Peaks Race here: http://mycv-news.blogspot.com.au/

Peccadillo is a Chris White 46 Mk2 with a modified, more powerful rig. Still a cruising boat though ....

Great effort boys just to finish in that! Great video, when is leg 2 coming?

Aiming to do one leg per week or so. Dave just needs to find the time to edit the video!

Forward cockpit is wetter in those conditions obviously than most cats with aft cockpits (we were doing 24 knots in the video!), but is still better than most (all?) monos doing anywhere near that speed. And it is such a good place to sail from when racing - you are really aware of what's going on with the sea, the wind, the sails. These conditions represent prob less than 1% of our sailing - happy with the compromise.

Hey Peccadillo, bring that forward cockpit to sunny sailing in flat water! at Airlie Beach, & watch the 2 ORMA 60 Tri's battle it out. Team Vodaphone has confirmed they are coming & Team Australia has also!! A warm welcome is quaranteed. It should be the Multihull event of the year, More Mexicans up here than in Melbourne allready! It would be nice to see some of the Pittwater fleet head North as well. Be there, or be square. Tassy also Terry? Cheers all.

I like it that one of your runners was named Chris White, I had a chuckle when I saw that. Was that part of the deal, did he have to change his name? biggrin.gif You must be very happy with the boat, they always have been a favourite of mine.

I like it that one of your runners was named Chris White, I had a chuckle when I saw that. Was that part of the deal, did he have to change his name? biggrin.gif You must be very happy with the boat, they always have been a favourite of mine.

Hoping to get all crew and runners to be called Chris White by next year. Then this ageing skipper won't have trouble remembering all those names .... :P

Love the boat and still tinkering with her. About to remove the mini keels and put deeper rudders on her, and change the inner forestay to be removable dynex and connecting higher up the mast.

Thanks Peccadillo, very interesting footage, looking forward to leg 3 and seeing you in the whitsundays ASAP. Mini keels and daggers? that will lose some drag! Cheers.

Man, that sure is a cool boat, very rugged and fast. Looks like you have done a great job setting it up for hard ocean work. That race looks pretty gnarly from where I'm sitting, here in sunny socal.

Nice Cat, I always liked the C.White lines, the forward cockpit to get you out in the action, and the pilot house for protection, a great combination in a go anywhere multihull design.

Shes a beauty mate.

Finally got the whole 3'rd episode OK. Very informative. You had them cold but discression is the better part of valour. Next year fingers crossed will be better. The For'd cockpit works much better reaching. Would be great up here. Hope to see you one of these days in the sunny whitsundays. Thanks for the posts.

Will be a coupla years before I get Peccadillo up to Queensland - family commitments here - but certainly looking forward to it. Hope they let multis in the S2H before then coz would love to do that too ....