• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Perry

Congrats MY-TAI on Juan de Fuca win

27 posts in this topic

Thanks Bob

We had a great race on My Tai. She held up well in the rough stuff and we had max speed of 20.5 in some epic surfs.

Daryl the owner was real happy to be first boat back in all fleets even in front of dragonfly!

We'll post some video soon

Daryl and YJ and the rest of the crew - well done.

Congrats!

(I crew in the SNSYC races, usually just see your stern ;)).

Daryl:

You have no idea how proud you make me feel.

Bob, it is my pleasure and honour to sail on the Flying Tiger. The boat is one of the best designed all around race boats and has no weaknesses. Wether we are in light air or heavy weather we are always very competetive. This years Swiftsure was one of the toughest I have been in with very confused seas and winds gusting over 30 Knts. The boat and crew performed beyond expectation. Upwind we can compete with the J 109 and the C&C 115 and when we turn for home, there are very few boats that will keep up with the Tiger going downwind in heavy air.

Congratulations to you Bob for designing one of the best sport boats around.

Daryl Homan

s/v MY-TAI

Gee willikers Daryl, you almost made me cry.

I always thought the boat was good. Wish it had twin rudders though.

I am very glad you have found out how to make the boat go fast in such a wide variety of conditions.

Now can I interest you in a custom 60'er? I could do a Volvo boat. And my name is easy to spell.

Red Stripe had a fun BI Race which we didn't win, BUT check this out...

Red Stripe with upper hand on Rambler

Did you guys get on the wrong side of a big shift?

The boat went fast every time there was wind, but every detail of every forecast we bought or read online was dead wrong. Despite that I don't think we were disadvantaged by any shifts. At the end of the day, we had to sit through one too many sunset-sunrise deadzone transitions. We went backwards 4 times, anchored once. It was a tough slog.

We're still waiting for a repeat of the 2009 race that was downhill both ways...

Impressed, particularly going to weather in the heavy stuff. What was the sail config/options and # of crew?

Impressed, particularly going to weather in the heavy stuff. What was the sail config/options and # of crew?

We had one reef in the main and our number one jib. We didn't see over 20 knts. going out and we had nine crew on board. Coming back we had our A2 kite and a full main. We dropped our kite about 4 miles from race rocks and reached for the finish line with our number one jib and a reefed main. It was blowing 26 - 33 knts at that time.

We had one reef in the main and our number one jib. We didn't see over 20 knts. going out and we had nine crew on board. Coming back we had our A2 kite and a full main. We dropped our kite about 4 miles from race rocks and reached for the finish line with our number one jib and a reefed main. It was blowing 26 - 33 knts at that time.

Great video and nice race.

My Tai coming back to Victoria in Swiftsure 2012

Congrats!

(I crew in the SNSYC races, usually just see your stern ;)).

You are my idol Sir. :) Congratulations

Well, I had my first ride on a FT10 this week on a beer can race.

I think I liked it. Beating a same rating J120 was fun.

Not sure how this makes me feel.

Looking for a support group.

They say the first step towards solving your problem is admitting you have a problem.

" Hello my name is Moondance and I have a Tiger problem....."

All together now..... "Hello Moondance.."

Don't worry - it's nothing that a HELOC and a trailer hitch can't solve in a weekend...

Don't worry - it's nothing that a HELOC and a trailer hitch can't solve in a weekend...

To really get the feel of it we need to get the full crew on board and match race with TigerinCT. Maybe as part of the Park City Regatta?

To really get the feel of it we need to get the full crew on board and match race with TigerinCT. Maybe as part of the Park City Regatta?

... and we need to improve on the second spin set. :)

Ive had a a craving for Chinese food since as well.

Maybe I should offer the ED $25,000

he'd prob take it at this point...good sets always help B)

They still dont have some of the features I am accustomed to on a racing yacht.

Humidor

Wine locker

reading lamps and fans in each luxuriously cushioned bunk

flat screen tv

oven (suitbaly sized for an 18 pound turkey

etc