• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wick

Il Mostro on the Welland

Today at 3:30. Upbound in lock 1 at St. Catherines. Locking through with a small Pearson or Grampian, and a BIG cruiser. See they ditched the outboard from the Erie Canal, got the rig back up, so must have the keel all bolted back on. If I had been an hour or 2 earlier I might have seen them approaching on Lake O. down below Port Weller. Don't know if they sailed or motored over.

post-41483-061908600 1339112625_thumb.jpg

You are right on the spelling. Anything else?

Like I said, Lock 1, at the end of Eastchester in St. CathArines

Front page of SA says "as she transited the Welland Canal on her way into Lake Ontario to ready for the Chicago-Mackinac race." I have live in Toronto and sailed Lake Ontario for over 45 years and I do not believe the start of this great race is on Lake Ontario. From the posts above it appears that she is transiting the Welland Canal FROM Lake Ontario to Lake Erie and up to Lake Huron and then down Lake Michigan to Chigago. Just wanted to clear this up.

BTW...What's she rate? Logical question as she is racing other boats on handicap?

Your correct on your geography. We are dealing with some Americans that haven't seen the Great Lakes kinda of like some of our western politicians that haven't figured which way the Niagara river flows. For un initiated they are headed up bound in the canal FROM Lake Ontario TO Lake Erie then UP the Detroit River Across Lake St Clair then UP the St Clair River then UP Lake Huron ACROSS the Straits of Mackinaw then DOWN Lake Michigan, that being said no wonder SAILORS HIT PARKED ISLANDS IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR WATERWAYS.

Front page of SA says "as she transited the Welland Canal on her way into Lake Ontario to ready for the Chicago-Mackinac race." I have live in Toronto and sailed Lake Ontario for over 45 years and I do not believe the start of this great race is on Lake Ontario. From the posts above it appears that she is transiting the Welland Canal FROM Lake Ontario to Lake Erie and up to Lake Huron and then down Lake Michigan to Chigago. Just wanted to clear this up.

BTW...What's she rate? Logical question as she is racing other boats on handicap?

She rated 573.4 under ORR6 when they did NPT-BDA in '10. The rest of the ratings are on the scratch sheet. No IRC rating hat I could find.

She rated 573.4 under ORR6 when they did NPT-BDA in '10. The rest of the ratings are on the scratch sheet. No IRC rating hat I could find.

As of 6/11/11 she rated 1.652 under IRC.

Linky: http://yachtscoring.com/event_scratch_sheet.cfm?eID=463

Wrong Puma VOR boat: That was Mar Mostro.

Wrong Puma VOR boat: That was Mar Mostro.

Whoops you're right. They all blur together.

She was supposed to race the Bayview Mac as well, before racing Chi Mac, but it says she has withdrawn before the race start. huh.gif