• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gouvernail

Unacceptable Damned and Banned Boat Names

242 posts in this topic

Not a song reference... the old SanJuan 26 was "Inevitable" , our Pearson Flyer is "Inexorable" (we start last in the Saturday beercan pursuit races). My son decided his Force 5 we are resurrecting is "

" I love that kid. My daughter's Harpoon 4.6.... $200 dollar, damn near dumpster find, was named by PO as "Ocean Waif".... I do think of a
every time I look at it.... its the irony.... such a well behaved and fun li'l boat....and looks like an old roadhouse whore.... Daughter want's it renamed... something dramatic...

Those negative, verb-based, adjectives or whatever they are: insatiable, indomitable, inevitable, irrepressible, have gotten way out of hand. Inconceivable is good and to it I'd add: indigestible, irreparable, and intestinal.

indefatigable

At least it's not Indefatigable-J

post-33230-035184900 1343671952_thumb.jpg

Indubitably!

Immaterial and irrelevant!

:rolleyes:

Regardlesse

probly here somewhere already - - - ?

whale oil beef hooked

- - - - - and the farr ones

farr kin etc etc

will

won't

king beauty

king magic

cant

first

last

whatever

probly here somewhere already - - - ?

whale oil beef hooked

- - - - - and the farr ones

farr kin etc etc

will

won't

king beauty

king magic

cant

first

last

whatever

i had a farr design a few years ago that was slightly smaller than i would have liked it to be. nearly called it 'not farr enough' :D ...but the boat already had the best name so stayed with that.

cheers,

A certain sail maker in Melbourne raced a Farr 5000 on the Kinnears trailerable yacht circuit a long time ago.

A very small boat, the apt name was 'Farr Call'

Daughter wanted Psycho Kriller, I wanted Moon Noodles, neither one passed wife review.

There was an Esse 850 around here named Psycho Tiller

Depending on your musical taste and whether or not you are a Marshall Crenshaw fan:

081912_h33_sml.jpg

Even without the musical reference, I think the names works. (Think PHRF ratings etc.)

If you don't like the name, you can always rename her after you buy the boat. SA AD

Moiste naimes mentioneded suck maile appedange, Ii realley wante somboby to wowe me! Common biiches!! :)

OK Snaggy, try "Hottentot Apron" for a reaction at your local club.

I won't be using it - you can have it.

No need to thank me ... ;)

Thats the schnitzel! :lol:

At Airlie beach race week was a 27 footer called "ya mum". Each morning we waited as the skipper called RC with "we have 5 on "ya mum" and calls through the race of "we are climbing on top of ya mum," etc. I thought it was amusing, but then I should get out more!

Was 199661 the last Laser ever to be built whose number will appear the same while turtled??

1, 8, 11, 69. 88, 101, 111,181, 609, 619, 689, 808, 818, 888, 906, 916, 986, 1001, 1111, 1691, 1881, 1961, 6009, 6119, 6699, 6889, 6969, 8008, 8118, 8698, 8968, 9006, 9116, 9696, 9886, 9966, 10001, 10101, 10801, 11011, 11111, 11811, 16091, 16191,16891, 18081, 18181, 18881, 19061, 19161,19861, 60009, 60109, 60809, 61019, 61119, 61819, 66099, 66199, 66899, 68089, 68189, 68889, 69069, 69169,69869, 90006, 90106, 90806, 91016,91116, 91816, 96096, 96196, 96896, 98086, 98186, 98886, 99066, 99166, 99866, 100001, 101101, 106901, 108801, 109601,

110011, 111111, 116911, 118811, 119611, 160091, 161191, 166991, 168891, 169691, 180081, 181181, 186981, 188881, 189681, 190061, 191161, 196961, 198861, 199661, ,

There will be a gap until you get to the patterns that start with a 6. 600009, 666999, etc. Another gap until the patterns starting with 9. 900006, 999666, etc

Bob Smahe's cruising boat on Lake St. Clair, "Ralph the Boat" and his dinghy, "Chunks."

This shit has to stop.

A month ago I found the tune

Stand by me

[media]

[/media]

running through my head bedcause of a damn fool who put that in plastic lettering on te side of his toy.

Then we had the hand painted

Afternoon Delight

[media]

[/media]

Now we have a flaking fading vedrsion of Hurry Sundown.

[media]

[/media]

This shit simply has to stop!!!

I hate, absolutely detest, boat names consisting of puns. I don't really mind names that are from classic songs though. And a few of my friends have boats named after Grateful Dead songs -- as far as I can tell, there is about a 100% chance of the owner being a great guy if his boat's named after a Dead tune! I'm not a particularly big fan of the GD. It's just one of those correlations I have noticed.

Anyone who's boat is name Knot Again, or For Sail (or Fore Sail), Scratching Bottom, Wind Dancer, etc. etc. ... it's practically guaranteed that the owner will annoy the piss out me (unless, I suppose, that was simply the name when they bought it).

A cute boat name is a little bit like having a Lynrd Skynrd quote in your HS yearbook. It seemed like a good idea at the time but years later, odds are it's become positively cringe-worthy.

We race against a boat up in this area called "

", which always bring son a chorus or two of this ditty...

just for Guv, saw this the other day on an opti.... in case you forgot the lyrics

Love Is Like Oxygen

Love is Like Oxygen:

You get too much, you get too high,

Not enough and you're gonna die.

Love gets you high.

Love is Like Oxygen: (Love is Like Oxygen)

You get too much, you get too high, (Love is like oxygen; Too high)

Not enough and you're gonna die. (Love is like oxygen; Gonna die)

Love gets you high.

There was a ship named Armed Sea Lion, vessel traffic was heard warning of 'Armed Sea Lion, inbound 18 knots'. We were hoping Herschel wasn't back from California and pissed.

I thought " One Time At Band Camp" was maybe in poor taste. But you are supposed to blow into flutes so you probably wouldn't need to get that far.

Just "Band Camp", kind of like that one.

Free Bowl of Soup <grin>

Selfishly fond of that one :) ...and not from a song. Ironically one of the owner's previous boats was renamed "Tremendous Slouch".

a Cat 38 named Macavity altho Pywacket would have been good too

From Messing About in Sailboats

Really Stupid Boat Names

A few weeks ago, I asked for submissions for the Stupidest Boat Names and I was not disappointed. These are beauties. Thank You! This would not of course had been possible without the support of the awesome Scuttlebutt.

I have tried to categorize them and they have been unscientifically grouped in a totally subjective way that made sense to me after a few beers. I haven't figured my 3 favorites yet but when I do the submitters get CDs of the Top 10 Sailing Songs.

The original list, culled from several web sites, is in the extended posts. If you have any other names to suggest, I will happily add them. Here they are:

Appalling Puns

"Hot Ruddered Bum"

"Si yes da"

"L.L. Boat"

"Sail Bad The Sinner"

"Bow Down"

"Sexual Heeling"

"Ahoy Vey"

"Yacht Sea"

"Makin' Luff"

Financial

"A Crewed Interest"

"Myovadraft"

"The Loan Ranger"

"Colin's Tuition"

Medical

"Biopsea"

"Irritable Bow"

"Bow Movement"

"Sir Osis of the River"

"Vitamin Sea"

"Autopsea"

Sophomoric

"Breakin wind"

"Blow Me"

"Poopy Express"

"Master Baiter"

"My Assiss Dragon"

"Wet Dream"

"Norwegian Woody"

Questionable on a Sailboat

Seen on a Catamaran, "Double Penetration"

"Spank Me" (Raceboat. Imagine the T-Shirts)

"Cunning Stunts"

"Rumple IVskin"

Aquamorons

"Blue Vein Throbber"

"Four Play"

"Sea Clit"

"Seaduced Too"

"Hoosier Daddy"

"Dixie Normous" (they wish)

"Lucky Sperm "

"Show Me The Money"

"Floating Seamen"

"Nauti Lust"

"La-Sea"

Clever

"Maid of Plywood"

"DILLIGAFF" which stands for Do I look like I give a flying f....

"If it doesn't come when you call it, why name it" (An Olympic Trial Finn)

"Weazel" with a tender called "One Eye"

"Change Order" and the dinghy named: "original contract"

"WOFTAM" waste of f'n time and money!

"Miss America" (Nothing as embarrassing as calling into the race committee to get a slip and saying, Race Committee, this is Miss America" or having to wear the shirts!)

"Time and Money"

"Head First"

"Sea Cup" (Skippered by a woman)

"Runs With Scissors"

"Support the Right to Arm Bears "

Relationships

"Don't tell the wife" How about that on a Mayday? Mayday, Mayday, Don't tell the wife!

"Alternative Girlfriend"

"Mom's Mink"

"FUJIMO" - (F___ You Jane, I'm Moving Out ...

"She Got the House"

"Pissed N Broke"

Obscure

"Dances with Sheep" (Kiwi Boat)

"The World's Largest Prairie Dog"

"Shoot Low They're Riding Chickens"

I am not making this up

There was a yacht at the Arun Yacht Club called "Passing Wind." About 10 miles to the west is the Looe Passage, around SDelsey Bill, West Sussex. A crew member was hit by the boom,and the owner called out the coastguard. "What is your name and position?" "We are Passing Wind, in the Looe"

Top 10 Stupid Boat Names

A while ago, I came across the Top 10 Boat Names according to Boat US. Many of them are plain stupid, not least the #1 boat name, Aquaholic. Pu-lease!

In doing a bit of digging around, I found some other dumb names for a boat. Panbo had some great ones like the one pictured here. Imagine calling Mayday on your VHF in this boat.

Bernie Ebbers, the jailed former CEO of Worldcom's yacht was called Aquasition. He deserved time for that alone.

I thought it might be a good wide to come up with the top 10 Stupidest Boat names.

Here are some other beauties I found pecking around:

- a Little Nauti

- Adoryble (On a Cape Dory Typhoon)

- All Gulls and No Buoys

- All my Ex's (on a stinkpot so had it coming)

- Bad Atti-toad

- Bada-bing-bada boom (another aquamoron)

- Banker's Hours

- Bay Bay

- Baysic Necessity

- Beaverlicious (hmm! interesting)

- Beer Bait n 'Ammo

- Bezerker (a little scary as it was on a Hallberg Rassy)

- Better Knot

- Between the Sheets

- Big E Nuf (amazingly this was a sailboat. Probably motored a lot)

- Bikini Bottom

- Bimini Cricket

- Bite Me (on a fishing boat)

- Knotty Boys (at least it wasn't knotty buoys)

- Messing About (what an excellent name for a boat)

- Gravyboat

- Bottoms Up

- Boat-acious

- Buoys in the Hood

- Learning Curve (written upside down on a sailboat)

- Sea-duction

- Sea ya

- Loon-a-sea

- Cur-n-Sea

- SeaRenity

- Tip Sea

- Seanile

- X2Sea

- LegaSea

- Itza -Du-Zea (Oyvay)

- Tax Seavation

- Slipless in Seattle (now that's clever)

- Feelin Nauti (I bet you are)

- Nauti Girl

- Nauti & Nice

- Reel Nauti

- Nauti Nurses (I think most of the Eastern Fleet would show up if they ran into trouble)

- Nauti Intentions (OK now I am going to throw up)

FUMIJO

Ok, who ever came up with "Shoot Low They're Riding Chickens" deserves a reward, that is pretty damn funny and original, at least to my knowledge.

How about "Class Struggle" pretty terrible boat name.

DILLIGAF is pretty common radio slang in the military, not original, good name along the lines of "Box of Grid Squares" , "Chem-Light Battery", "Soup Sandwich", "Victor 1 Romeo 91 November Papa Uniform 55 Yankee" ect.

A First-38 (I will leave her current name unspoken) I was sailing on was almost named MILF - the owner and his son thought it would be funny for the hot mom to call for check-in to the race or asking for a slip in the marina. SHE didn't quite find the humor in it. But she WAS a MILF!

"Myassis Dragon" was the name of a student's X-Boat when I was coaching! I LOVED that name! ..he was always towards the back of the fleet which made it that much funnier!

anything against 'Whiskey Tango Foxtrot'?

Pathetic! An attempt at an inside joke that is retarded and not inside at all.

anything against 'Whiskey Tango Foxtrot'?

Pathetic! An attempt at an inside joke that is retarded and not inside at all.

Is foxtrott yankee the obviouse to?

:)

If you've got some lame song stuck in your input buffer, maybe this will push it out:

[media]

[\media]

Maybe not.

as extra room in the fromt of the owner's pants is directly proportional to the size of the boat I was thinkin' about using this song for the name of my new toy>>>

circraftbeingused2.jpg

[media]

[/media]

This shit has to stop.

A month ago I found the tune

Stand by me

[media]

[/media]

running through my head bedcause of a damn fool who put that in plastic lettering on te side of his toy.

Then we had the hand painted

Afternoon Delight

[media]

[/media]

Now we have a flaking fading vedrsion of Hurry Sundown.

[media]

[/media]

This shit simply has to stop!!!

I hate, absolutely detest, boat names consisting of puns. I don't really mind names that are from classic songs though. And a few of my friends have boats named after Grateful Dead songs -- as far as I can tell, there is about a 100% chance of the owner being a great guy if his boat's named after a Dead tune! I'm not a particularly big fan of the GD. It's just one of those correlations I have noticed.

Try Ripple and Dark star for GD songs, Oh - it's been done:

http://www.vanisle36...ndex.php?p=4_48

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/review/2002/darkstar.htm

http://gb.zinio.com/sitemap/Sports-magazines/SAIL/May-11/cat1960028/is-416166605/pg-54

A long time ago the Hooper brothers were refused registration for their new FireBall; they wanted to call it "Seducer", but the powers that be decided that was far too racy. Ended up calling it "Sir Juicer"...muuuuch better!

Then there was the Farr 37 jointly owned by a visually impaired [blind] sailor and a psychiatrist. Naturally it was called "Out Of Sight Out of Mind".

Finally the Aus Laser Class had to clamp down on excessively long names when some genius called one " A Pizza Without Cheese Is Like A Woman Without Knees". Buggered if I know how they got that on the transom. tongue.gif

OK I am new here and was searcing for references to blind or visually impaired sailing when I found this thread. We are practicing for the Blind Sailing Worlds which will be on J-24's. We have a boat on loan to our team that we use to practice and race in local regattas and we named it "Blind Ambition".

There was a famous Stephen Jones half tonner in Holland back in the eighties called HelluvaBlowjob. The Royal Yachtclub in Muiden did'nt like it and I believe they were banned from sailing unless they civilized the name.

when we first got the m24, we wanted to name it Donkey Punch...it was fine until one of the fleet member's wives got curious as to what it meant...she wiki'ed it and got this animated GIF of the term for what a Donkey Punch really was.

AnimatedDonkeyPunch.gif

Of coarse I tried to deny the whole definition by sating the only thing I knew that was called Donkey Punch was a British movie with hot chicks on a yacht...

Can not tell you how many "Conversations" I had to have with countless wives and members about how inappropriate the name was...we settled on something more tame...but the boat still has Donkey in the name, and new decal for the stern is on it's way..."Got Punch?"

when we first got the m24, we wanted to name it Donkey Punch...it was fine until one of the fleet member's wives got curious as to what it meant...she wiki'ed it and got this animated GIF of the term for what a Donkey Punch really was.

AnimatedDonkeyPunch.gif

Of coarse I tried to deny the whole definition by sating the only thing I knew that was called Donkey Punch was a British movie with hot chicks on a yacht...

Can not tell you how many "Conversations" I had to have with countless wives and members about how inappropriate the name was...we settled on something more tame...but the boat still has Donkey in the name, and new decal for the stern is on it's way..."Got Punch?"

Coconutz. anyone that uses this in any way shape or form diserves a boot in the nutz.......

I went to see a boat that was up for sale once... I did not know the name until I got to the boat...

The name on the transom (in smallish letters) was "penus" I do not know what that meant, but it certainly spoke about the owner...

I passed on that basis...

A guy with a Santana 20 at the local club named his boat Cocaine and Hookers. When his mother in law asked him what he spent all his money on he always answered with that. He put the name on both sides in letters so enormous they stretched the full length of the boat. Several club members weren't amused, so he had to take them off.

Club Privé (tenue correcte exigée)