• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChiGuy

Sailing chick of the year?

from another thread...could be a runner up?

Runner-up my ass .... You have a hands down winner here!

So why does the front page ask it is hot or creepy?

Sheesh! Grow the fuck up.

It's a picture of a beautiful, athletic woman.

I dig it - sexiest she has ever looked. Scot is less enamored. I have never seen abs like that in decades of being a gym rat.

I dig it - sexiest she has ever looked. Scot is less enamored. I have never seen abs like that in decades of being a gym rat.

Even if her body is not to his taste, he's always been supportive of women in the sport. I'm bummed that he billed it the way he did. Anna pushed the envelope and anticipated criticism, but frankly this is the last place I thought I'd see anything hinting at negativity about a strong naked woman on a boat. However, I'm not a fan of that particular shot as much as the other two of her.

Overall, I am personally really stoked by the shots and her decision to do it. Go Anna!

Smokin' hot. I can't remember which Commandment deals with coveting another's wife but once again I find myself an unrepentant sinner.

Can't wait to see her rock it in the Olympics. Go Anna!

Even if her body is not to his taste, he's always been supportive of women in the sport. I'm bummed that he billed it the way he did. Anna pushed the envelope and anticipated criticism, but frankly this is the last place I thought I'd see anything hinting at negativity about a strong naked woman on a boat. However, I'm not a fan of that particular shot as much as the other two of her.

Overall, I am personally really stoked by the shots and her decision to do it. Go Anna!

Could not agree more. She puts her self out there to promote the sport and gets "Hot or Creepy?" on the SA front page? Normally I love the controversial shit on here, but this is definitely one of those rare times that I was a bit bummed by what I saw...

Smokin' hot. I can't remember which Commandment deals with coveting another's wife but once again I find myself an unrepentant sinner.

+1

+1

+2

Go Anna - nothing creepy about it. Great photo and great marketing

Could not agree more. She puts her self out there to promote the sport and gets "Hot or Creepy?" on the SA front page? Normally I love the controversial shit on here, but this is definitely one of those rare times that I was a bit bummed by what I saw...

Yeah, not your finest moment, SA. That's an awesome photo, a big plus for our sport (IMO) and she deserves props for having the chutzpah to do it. (Never mind her accomplishments in the sport of sailing.)

Jim

Yeah, not your finest moment, SA. That's an awesome photo, a big plus for our sport (IMO) and she deserves props for having the chutzpah to do it. (Never mind her accomplishments in the sport of sailing.)

Jim

..yeh 'creepy' is a comment saved for those who find the need to sexualize such an image <_<

Not creepy, not sexy, but definitely awesome. I found myself staring.

I have to believe I too have a cut body like that somewhere under my fat rolls.

Not creepy, not sexy, but definitely awesome. I found myself staring.

I have to believe I too have a cut body like that somewhere under my fat rolls.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ..........soooo true! :lol:

..I hope you folks have also looked at the full 'article'...

.....that underwater shot of the surfer is totally awesome!!! :)

http://espn.go.com/espn/photos/gallery/_/id/8136693/image/5/maya-gabeira-2012-body-issue-bodies-want-espn-magazine

How much do you think she gets paid by Sports Illustrated? It IS about the money.

My guess is $zero, since SI had nothing to do with this rolleyes.gif

Not sure about ESPN. The article says that it was Dana Paxton's idea to nominate Anna for the issue, and Anna agreed after consideration and consultation with her family. Not sure if that means she gets paid or if it's a part of the Olympic brou ha ha. Either way, good on her for taking out any question about the athleticism of the sport at the highest levels (and it does make me wonder if she's a contender for Oracle racing after the Olympics).

I am personally really stoked by the shots and her decision to do it. Go Anna!

+1 Go Ana!

:)

She Does that?!

Me thinks Scott has a very different view of sailors and sailing than myself.

Apparently Scott's ideal sailing image:

post-24046-002210100 1342036303_thumb.jpg

1341936971[/url]' post='3781102']

The original Olympics had all athletes in the buff.

But they sure in the hell didn't look like this!

Great photo shoot.. Glad sailing is making a name for itself. best of luck to you in your ventures...go for gold!

I have never seen abs like that in decades of being a gym rat.

is it safe to assume that those decades were several decades ago?

If they only had a masters olympics>>>>

whatever regatta that was, it was clearly not competitive. it looks windy, and boats are heeled over, yet no one is hiking hard! what a bunch of old pussies!

I have never seen abs like that in decades of being a gym rat.

is it safe to assume that those decades were several decades ago?

Ha!

If they only had a masters olympics>>>>

whatever regatta that was, it was clearly not competitive. it looks windy, and boats are heeled over, yet no one is hiking hard! what a bunch of old pussies!

No not competitive at all...just the masters division at the worlds at the end of the second weather leg...and yes I was winning at that point and on over the next reach run reach two of them ( Bethwaite and Coutts) manged to pass me because I cannot go downhill for shit...

But..the boats you see except for Schlacter on 007 in 5th are way back in the fleet. The other three leaders are all in a row on the starboard layline out of the shot.

Isn't that photographic technology that lets you see though a person's clothing a hoot??

You a gym Rat?