• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CharlieCobra

Heavy cruiser comes into the shop...

8 posts in this topic

Alex, this one is for you... A Fisher 46, one of twelve made for work in the North Sea and a boat that typifies the term Old Shoe, came into our shop for much work. This thing teers horribly when docking and takes about 200' of radius to turn, IF you can get her to turn at all.

Here's a profile shot:

F-46profile.jpg

The shot of her stern shows just how much she needs to go on a slimfast diet:

F-46stern.jpg

My Daughter's first thought was of the "Titanic" when she saw this prow:

F-46bow.jpg

This damage is from grounding on rocks for over four hours. More than thirty layers of glass eaten through and still she floated.

F-46keeldamage.jpg

That gash is more than four inches deeps. This old girl weighs in at 62,000 Lbs. and needs a bow thruster desperately. We have a ton of work to do on her....

My father wanted a 37 back in the day as he was getting older and his Hinckley Pilot was feeling frisky and he wanted something more solid. Of course the Pilot only had about 15 layers of glass and could only lay on rocks for about two hours without leaking.

I kept telling him it would just be a power boat and he finally started thinking about a Nordic Tug but died before making a switch.

"That gash is more than four inches deeps. This old girl weighs in at 62,000 Lbs. and needs a bow thruster desperately. We have a ton of work to do on her...."

LOL. that should be on your company t-shirt

Fisher, popular in UK/Northern Europe. Not cheap, often found in a green/brown or beige/brown color scheme and tended to have brown sails. Popular with old couples with dogs. Fugly, the boat and usually the dog.

Generally motoring or motor sailing unless reaching is a decent breeze.

Never worked it out myself, but we'll all be old one day.

I had one in the slip next to me for a summer. If you think of them more as a small ship they are quite nice! It's nice to see you with a new project Charlie. I'm sure it'll come out nice.

"That gash is more than four inches deeps. This old girl weighs in at 62,000 Lbs. and needs a bow thruster desperately. We have a ton of work to do on her...."

LOL. that should be on your company t-shirt

+1. Pure gold....

That thing is bizarre. Would be interesting to see sail blink.gif If thats what it does

anything can 'sail' downwind :P

call me a loser, but I've always thought the Fishers were handsome boats.