• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doublewide

Seawind 1160 (For Sale)

13 posts in this topic

After 4 years of lliving aboard and cruising about the Gulf Coast and the Bahamas we must pass this boat on to the next person wanting to Live their dream.

Race winner Georgetown "Round the Island Race 2011"

2nd place Georgetown Exuma to Long Island Race 2010

See www.doublewidecat.com

check with Finish Line Stuart FL

post-37429-064148500 1342337552_thumb.jpg

Funny idea of fast.We use them as turning marks round here.

Funny idea of fast.We use them as turning marks round here.

now's a time i wish anarchy had a like button

Yeah, I saw the word 'fast' in the same sentence as sea wind and was very confused....

He did say "fast cruising cat"

But there is no doubt "fast" gets misued in a lot of boat descriptions.

What does it rate?

He did say "fast cruising cat"

But there is no doubt "fast" gets misued in a lot of boat descriptions.

What does it rate?

On OMR 628

F 27 817

F9 908

Thats about 20 min per hundred slower than an F27.

I think in SFL phrf it rates a 116, while an F27 formula will rate 48.

Joe

Wow, tough crowd here. I was in Stuart a couple of weekends ago and looked at a Seawind 1000xl docked next to this Seawind 1160. The same broker is selling both of them. I wanted to compare a C31CC to the 1000xl. What the broker said was the Seawind was ~2/3-3/4 wind speed boat while the C31 was more like a 100%+ wind speed boat.

I have to say the 1000xl looked to be a very comfortable boat for cruising in the Bahamas, not to mention being a very cost effective choice. I still want to check out a PDQ and Gemini but my understanding is the Seawind is faster than both of them.

Wow, tough crowd here. I was in Stuart a couple of weekends ago and looked at a Seawind 1000xl docked next to this Seawind 1160. The same broker is selling both of them. I wanted to compare a C31CC to the 1000xl. What the broker said was the Seawind was ~2/3-3/4 wind speed boat while the C31 was more like a 100%+ wind speed boat.

I have to say the 1000xl looked to be a very comfortable boat for cruising in the Bahamas, not to mention being a very cost effective choice. I still want to check out a PDQ and Gemini but my understanding is the Seawind is faster than both of them.

Yep they are pretty brutal. But you have to understand where they are coming from, most of these guys are performance oriented to the exclusion of everything else, eg some (one?) of the commentators sail on Cynaphobe which looks like this:

Beaut boat, but you probably aint gunna cruise the Bahamas on it.

there is no comparison between those 3 boats .... Seawind is the clear winner.... I wouldnt even bother lookin at the oter ones ...

thor

there is no comparison between those 3 boats .... Seawind is the clear winner.... I wouldnt even bother lookin at the oter ones ...

thor

There is certainly no comparison between the prices of the three boats. The Gemini also has an advantage in terms of getting into places not deep enough for the other two.

For a lot of folks the real question is not which boat is the best, almost every one would take a Gunboat (insert your favorite here if it is not a Gunboat) if price was not an issue. Instead it is more of a question of would I rather have a Seawind sitting at the dock that I sail on weekends or a Gemini I can cruise on or a PDQ I can spend the winter cruising in the Bahamas on.