• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecosse4me

Drum nearly ready

14 posts in this topic

Drum is starting to look good again. Shame I have not get any photos of her after she was ripped off the beach. Forward Stbd top sides and aft quarter were badly messed up.

post-732-079879100 1343077107_thumb.jpg

post-732-016203700 1343077111_thumb.jpg

post-732-031335900 1343077114_thumb.jpg

post-732-088980200 1343077116_thumb.jpg

anyone have a link to that thread when she was on the beach?

I am so happy, she looks great w luv to see her in real life, great job biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

was away sailing with some mates at the weekend and the subject of drum and her various escapades came up.

One was that she hit a submarine whilst sailing up in scotland, which was a new one on me.

There was an anarchist on here who recounted that tale and was onboard. Pwop I believe?

There was an anarchist on here who recounted that tale and was onboard. Pwop I believe?

your right! a quick search on here produced this from P Wop

There was indeed. Ask The Fish about that one.

The midnight offender was a British diesel-electric boat, HMS Otus, at periscope/snorkel depth just off the Mull of Kintyre, but he wasn't looking out of the window.

I still have a chunk of anechoic tile sitting on my desk, and the custom-made commemorative rugby shirt.

We wuz lucky boyz. Gavin McKinnon heard faint noises of a diesel engine, and went up the foredeck to the headstay to look behind the genoa to see if he could spot a presumed fishing boat. Only to see masts (periscope & snorkel) churning towards us with a frothing bow wave, all lit up in the glow of our bow nav lights. He came cantering back the foredeck screaming to The Fish "Up,up, up...."

Hit on the port bow about 1/2 way back, slid along the gunnels ripping out stanchions etc., then fetched up with a mighty bang on the capshrouds before slithering into the night.

If Fish hadn't put the helm down at once, we'd have hit head-on, and well.... no keel, instant Drum-roll, no distress call, cold Scottish water, and no Fish, no yours truly and no 20 other guys.

The RN coughed up though - admitted 100% liability. I insisted to the Admiral who came aboard afterwards in Crinan that it's all about keeping a proper lookout. So that's your answer

Drum is starting to look good again. Shame I have not get any photos of her after she was ripped off the beach. Forward Stbd top sides and aft quarter were badly messed up.

Hi ecosse, thanks for the heads-up on this nice event. Do you know if she has hit the water yet?

Jeez, that boat seems to have more lives than a cat!!!!!