• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mike98gp

san francisco bay anarchy

a proper general thread for the area seems appropriate...

i think theres a catamaran regatta next week and melges na's, what other events are coming up?

Bunch of S/Aers will be up at the City Front next Thursday to watch Americas Cup Babies, er, I mean ACWS, then to Balboa Cafe at 1900. I guess unsupervised drinking between the conclusion of racing and 1900??

Bunch of S/Aers will be up at the City Front next Thursday to watch Americas Cup Babies, er, I mean ACWS, then to Balboa Cafe at 1900. I guess unsupervised drinking between the conclusion of racing and 1900??

Well hopefully there will be critical mass of SA'ers to keep the marina poser crowd at bay at Balboa...

Where's the SA crowd spectating from?

Gad. Can't you at least walk a little further to the Mauna Loa?

Well hopefully there will be critical mass of SA'ers to keep the marina poser crowd at bay at Balboa...

Where's the SA crowd spectating from?

Anarchy Beach

Gad. Can't you at least walk a little further to the Mauna Loa?

Not my call. Looks a bit precious and expensive (much like SF itself), I guess I will see when I get there. Are the drinks good? I'd go to Smuggler's but it is too far to walk.

Besides, isn't there already a SF Bay Area Anarchy Site? P_____ D___? Same players, and just as much a chance of getting flicked! :lol:

1345247091[/url]' post='3830019']

To answer NorCal's OP question...there's also Summer Keel happening this weekend out of SFYC

Yes there is........looking forward to it! It been a while since we had 7 120's on the line.

1345340118[/url]' post='3830958']

http://www.regattane...ewsroom+results

Saturday results. Quite a few DNFs on race 3. 'twas windy out there and not just for the ac45s huh?

Conditions were a bit "sporty" today for all 3 races.......we ended the day tied for 2nd and 1 point out of 1st so tomorrow will be fun!

http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/5669#_newsroom+results

Saturday results. Quite a few DNFs on race 3. 'twas windy out there and not just for the ac45s huh?

Wow, quite a few names there I don't usually associate with DNF/DNC, across many fleets. Must have turned the knob to "boisterous."

wow, cant believe how light the turnout is for m24 na's at a world class venue. 21 boats? :wacko:

1 USA-077 BONES Robert Harf yes entry ok

2 usa-248 nothing ventured duane yoslov no entry ok

3 USA-445 Sweet As Bro! Edward Massey yes entry ok

4 USA-449 Relentless David Joyner yes entry ok

5 USA-49 Melges 49 Shawn Bennett yes entry ok

6 USA-52 Scotch Bonnet Tony Beale no entry ok

7 CAN-539 Nauti Girl Tim Stamper yes entry ok

8 USA-540 Wilco Doug Wilhelm no entry ok

9 IRL-607 Embarr Nathan Wilmot no entry ok

10 USA-623 Pickled Beets John Rahn yes entry ok

11 USA -631 Rosebud scott holmgren yes entry ok

12 USA-657 Personal Puff Dan Hauserman yes entry ok

13 AUS-717 Bandit Warwick Rooklyn no entry ok

14 USA-747 Monsoon Bruce Ayres no entry ok

15 USA-749 FULL THROTTLE BRIAN PORTER no entry ok

16 USA-795 Rock N' Roll Argyle Campbell no entry ok

17 USA-811 WTF Alan Field no entry ok

18 SUI-825 Blu Moon Flavio Favini no entry ok

19 GBR-830 Black Seal Derek Ratteray no entry ok

20 USA-835 Mikey Ian Sloan no entry ok

21 USA-855 Viva Donald Jesberg yes entry ok

There's also SSS race to HMB this weekend. BBS practice next weekend for a lot of us, and BBS the following weekend. Couple weekends after that, da NOOD.

There's also SSS race to HMB this weekend. BBS practice next weekend for a lot of us, and BBS the following weekend. Couple weekends after that, da NOOD.

We will be doing our BBS practice this weekend as the bow guy ( that being me) wants to do a small hop down the coast to drink PBR's at Brady's Yacht Club next Friday night! It's kind of strange that the NOOD regatta is after BBS this year and I will be skipping it with the new boats comming year I think I'll take a short break.

Lasers and Finns in NOODS.. .(National Offshore One Design)...nothing against them but Offshore?...then add PHRF and IRC ..One Design??

The NOODs have always been in the bay, haven't they, and are not offshore at all. Maybe a bit pricy for two days racing , compared to various midwinters as well?

The other NOOD thread.

What's the scoop on Temerity? She back yet?

You and your crew still talking? B)

Splashed yesterday and got the mast back in. Cleaning up this weekend, but I have other commits so no sailing till the weekend after that. Hopefully no more four-figure invoices for a few months at least! I drove the crew down to school last week, so we seem to still be able to spend many hours together cooped up in a small vehicle.

com'n to Frisco for a nice weekend of sailing and chinese food

Splashed yesterday and got the mast back in. Cleaning up this weekend, but I have other commits so no sailing till the weekend after that. Hopefully no more four-figure invoices for a few months at least! I drove the crew down to school last week, so we seem to still be able to spend many hours together cooped up in a small vehicle.

Will you be doing the Vallejo 1-2?

wow, cant believe how light the turnout is for m24 na's at a world class venue. 21 boats? :wacko:

1 USA-077 BONES Robert Harf yes entry ok

2 usa-248 nothing ventured duane yoslov no entry ok

3 USA-445 Sweet As Bro! Edward Massey yes entry ok

4 USA-449 Relentless David Joyner yes entry ok

5 USA-49 Melges 49 Shawn Bennett yes entry ok

6 USA-52 Scotch Bonnet Tony Beale no entry ok

7 CAN-539 Nauti Girl Tim Stamper yes entry ok

8 USA-540 Wilco Doug Wilhelm no entry ok

9 IRL-607 Embarr Nathan Wilmot no entry ok

10 USA-623 Pickled Beets John Rahn yes entry ok

11 USA -631 Rosebud scott holmgren yes entry ok

12 USA-657 Personal Puff Dan Hauserman yes entry ok

13 AUS-717 Bandit Warwick Rooklyn no entry ok

14 USA-747 Monsoon Bruce Ayres no entry ok

15 USA-749 FULL THROTTLE BRIAN PORTER no entry ok

16 USA-795 Rock N' Roll Argyle Campbell no entry ok

17 USA-811 WTF Alan Field no entry ok

18 SUI-825 Blu Moon Flavio Favini no entry ok

19 GBR-830 Black Seal Derek Ratteray no entry ok

20 USA-835 Mikey Ian Sloan no entry ok

21 USA-855 Viva Donald Jesberg yes entry ok

Get the roster from say 2003 and compare the names to the viper fleet I bet you see lots of familiar names. LOL

The NOODs have always been in the bay, haven't they, and are not offshore at all. Maybe a bit pricy for two days racing , compared to various midwinters as well?

The other NOOD thread.

Surprised they are trying the SF NOOD thing again. No really - why?

Any evening race next week between wednesday and Friday? Will be in San Francisco for a week from next Tuesday :-)

Any evening race next week between wednesday and Friday? Will be in San Francisco for a week from next Tuesday :-)

none that im aware of, but id check latitude 38 to confirm that. problem is that we're running outta daylight after work :(

Who all spectated the ACWS aboard a boat? do tell. how were the sight lines, where did you watch from, etc?

We dropped the hook just west of Anita on Saturday and had a fine view of the starts and weather mark. Live race call on VHF 20 (International, not the US frequency) was pretty good.

Who all spectated the ACWS aboard a boat? do tell. how were the sight lines, where did you watch from, etc?

We dropped the hook just west of Anita on Saturday and had a fine view of the starts and weather mark. Live race call on VHF 20 (International, not the US frequency) was pretty good.

nice, i may try something similar for round 2

Lookirng forward to that. Might be a lighter venue this year being so late. 20 boats signed up so far.

anybody got a link to the results of the 505 NA's?

You can also find them here: http://www.regattane...ewsroom results

Maybe it's just my iPad but only the top half of the fleet appears in that link.

Thanks again for a great week. San Francisco Yacht Club ROCKS!

i can see the full results.

the results are on a funky screen with a scroll box within a scroll box...

so what the story with Witchy sitting on her side in the RYC parking lot (saw the pic on PD)?

Bolt pulled out and boat fell to ground. Had a quick look at the outside when we were finished packing boat back onto trailer and into storage yesterday... keel broken, rudder broken, interestingly enough, the marks on the hull where it toppled when it fell are very minor scratches given the impact. I'm not a surveyor, have no clue the inside looks like, so have no idea what sort of $$$ it is to sort out something like this. Luckily no one was hurt and they got the boat back on the trailer in one (relative) piece.

so what the story with Witchy sitting on her side in the RYC parking lot (saw the pic on PD)?

Bolt pulled out and boat fell to ground. Had a quick look at the outside when we were finished packing boat back onto trailer and into storage yesterday... keel broken, rudder broken, interestingly enough, the marks on the hull where it toppled when it fell are very minor scratches given the impact. I'm not a surveyor, have no clue the inside looks like, so have no idea what sort of $$$ it is to sort out something like this. Luckily no one was hurt and they got the boat back on the trailer in one (relative) piece.

wow, very lucky nobody got hurt. thank god for marine insurance!

should be good sailing this weekend... Roll Call?

Making a last minute run to get the '27 in the water for the berkeley midwinters.

No more Farr 40 sailing 'till January

I'm racing in FL this weekend. I need a rain break.

Nice! what regatta? Rain looks like its gone bye-bye from the bay area for awhile...

should be good sailing this weekend... Roll Call?

Making a last minute run to get the '27 in the water for the berkeley midwinters.

No more Farr 40 sailing 'till January

Cool! What boat? I'll be on the bus. Hopefully the wheels stay on...

I'm doing the Wirth Monroe : FLL - Palm Beach today and Etchells over the weekend. Glad the rain is gone there, but it's darned nice to be here for a little bit. 10-15, 75-80F, not too humid, clear skies. But I already miss the hills of SF. :-)

Excellent conditions yesterday for 1 looooong bouy race, a rare consistent moderate breeze on sf bay... Champagne sailing in December!

We match raced Motorcycle Irene for miles after dusting the rest of the e27 fleet off the line-- what was the theory as to why so many of you started at the boat?

We simply failed to understand where the first mark was. We rather anticipate a beat, not a reach as the first leg and figured that being at the boat end with a clear lane and good speed would be prefered to being at the down wind end in more adverse tide. Shame on us for not understand that leg 1 was a reach, we might have been able to give you a better race.

Bump.

3 weeks and no posts? I remember when I first joined S/A, there must have been 4X the chatter on SF events that there is today. What happened, did everyone quit or get flicked? You can't blame Puddle Derp, or any other forum, it is as quiet as a a tomb over there.

Anyway, less than 3 weeks to go till the Three Bridge. I'm in, again with my kid as crew. Last year we actually finished and even beat a few people! The tides this year do not look too horrific until later in the afternoon, so it might be a pretty nice day.

As usual, the race deck is looking for help. I and some family members worked race deck for the first time last fall for a few races, it was both fun and educational, seeing things from the other side of the flags. There's contact info on the SSS website.

Some talk about the 3BF on the other site...

A for the record I'm not "Pimping" just sharing information with other SF Bay Area sailors!!!

Some talk about the 3BF on the other site...

A for the record I'm not "Pimping" just sharing information with other SF Bay Area sailors!!!

18 days. Now the question has become single or double handed.

Some people including me think that it is more prudent to go DH for 3BF so you have an extra pair of hands to fend off in the logjams...

Dorade if I can steal it. otherwise a black anchor with a 237 PHRF rating loaded with expresso, kegged boilermakers and warm paninis. Open for barter or trade at certain high congestion areas.

Dorade if I can steal it. otherwise a black anchor with a 237 PHRF rating loaded with expresso, kegged boilermakers and warm paninis. Open for barter or trade at certain high congestion areas.

We actually talked about sailing Dorade in the 3BF, but it's not gonna happen. She is a challenge to maneuver in light tight quarters and there are a few of those situations when people are starting in both directions. But gosh I'd love it if it weren't for all those other boats. I'm instead going on a 25' something. Very different ride with a fun skipper. I'm looking forward to it and we will sail as strategically fast as we can, but am not expecting the same result as what I had on the Punk Dolphin last year (she's' not racing this year).

Where's the Moore clan going to go?

....what's the better viewpoints for catching AC boats practicing......early to mid february????

The bar at the Frantic. Try the French Onion soup.

Perhaps further south. Artemis has been sailing in the South Bay (south of the Bay Bridge), the Youth AC sailors will be out, and - I hope - the new ORTUSA boat could be in the water.

....what's the better viewpoints for catching AC boats practicing......early to mid february????

The bar at the Frantic. Try the French Onion soup.

You're kidding right? Their French Onion is a fraud... no gruyere!

And as a bonus, it looks like the rain and otherwise crappy weather that was forecast earlier in the week has cleared. Wind looks to be 10 - 15, if you can believe that.