• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASappenfield

Flying Tiger North American Championship NOR is out

Is anyone gonna sign up for this one? Looks like just two FT 10's have signed up so far (we know that there will be more local 10's for sure) more entries will bring more people. What's up with the mixed phrf sportboat fleet?

Why is everyone waiting until the last minute to sign up? Seems like it would have been on the calendar all year since it's an N/A championships. I'm also wondering what's up with the sportboat fleet.

Saw one out of town boat Ruckus motoring in on Sat as we were waiting around for the CRA race to start. Only a few more days to go. Looking forward to some good racing at CYC.

Forgot to mention that Da-Woody has been retained by the Class to provide photo-coverage in ways only the greatest OTW lens jockey can provide.......so let look tidy now crews!

Forgot to mention that Da-Woody has been retained by the Class to provide photo-coverage in ways only the greatest OTW lens jockey can provide.......so let look tidy now crews!

Does this mean everyone is going to have to add a topless Cougar to their crew?

Does this mean everyone is going to have to add a topless Cougar to their crew?

YES !!!

Sail Boat Skipper Yacht Club 1 2 3 Total Pos 9 Justice John Harrop SDYC 1 1 4 6

USA 49 Ruckus Eric Schlageter Anacapa Yacht Club 3 3 2 8

USA 33 Mile High Klub Phillip Infelise Alamitos Bay Yacht Club 5 2 3 10

72 NastyR Robert Wilson CorYC 7 6 1 14T

54 Niuhi Paul and Julie McPherson SDYC 4 5 5 14T

11 anarchy scot tempesta sdyc 2 7 6 15

8 ABACUS Timothy Chin SGYC 6 4 7 17

62 Jelani Clive Daem SGYC 8 8 8 24

19 occams razor neil senturia sdyc 9 9 9 27

Weather forcast for today is up on the FT Facebook page. Check it out here:

https://www.facebook...lyingtigerboats

first days results.

Looking out towards the bay right now.... 7 knots... if that.

Som Great racing

wind barley held out to complete a 3rd race that was delayed then cut to 1 lap

PIX to Follow :)

Looking out towards the bay right now.... 7 knots... if that.

Som Great racing

wind barley held out to complete a 3rd race that was delayed then cut to 1 lap

PIX to Follow :)

hurry up. Its late out here

Very close racing on Day2 with the first 2 boats (Ruckus from Channel Is & Justice from SDYC) tied at 15 pts each. Top 5 pts are all within reach. Gonna be a crazy exciting final day. Hope we can get 3 races....

RC has been great with the race course management, very fair courses.

Sail Boat Skipper Yacht Club 1 2 3 4 5 6 Total Pos

9 Justice John Harrop SDYC 1 1 4 1 2 6 15T

USA 49 Ruckus Eric Schlageter Anacapa Yacht Club 3 3 2 5 1 1 15T

USA 33 Mile High Klub Phillip Infelise Alamitos Bay Yacht Club 5 2 3 3 5 5 23

11 anarchy scot tempesta sdyc 2 7 6 4 3 2 24

8 ABACUS Timothy Chin SGYC 6 4 7 2 4 4 27

72 NastyR Robert Wilson CorYC 7 6 1 8 8 3 33

54 Niuhi Paul and Julie McPherson SDYC 4 5 5 6 7 9 36

19 occams razor neil senturia sdyc 10/DNC 10/DNC 10/DNC 7 6 7 50T

62 Jelani Clive Daem SGYC 8 8 8 9 9 8 50T

Is there a throw away?

Can't tell ya that But The FAT LADY sang a Song

Results:

1st Place

12FTNatSAT464.JPG

2nd Place

12FTNatSAT474.JPG

3rd place

12FTNatSAT467.JPG

What a GREAT Weekend of Racing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a throw away?

Can't tell ya that But The FAT LADY sang a Song

Results:

1st Place

12FTNatSAT464.JPG

2nd Place

12FTNatSAT474.JPG

3rd place

12FTNatSAT467.JPG

What a GREAT Weekend of Racing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the pic's Woody. Any more coming?

Exciting finish to the championships and it really came down to the very last race to decide the podium.

Thanks to all the skippers and the crew for participating -- this was not the event to miss. 3 days of almost perfect Tiger conditions 8-12 kts flat water with only one race being dodgy (light and puffy). The quality of racing was as high as I have seen for our class. The champion boat really deserved it, well sailed guys!

Big thanks to the CYC folks for hosting. Looking forward to the next big one (did I hear someone say ISAF?)

Ton of Photos and Video up-loading at the moment

Bob when I watch these guys dicing it up in so many different conditions I often think of Who made such a Great Racer Happen

The FT-10m was the offspring of the CessPool ThinkTank that is the SailingAnarchy Forums Conceived in threads that can still be read

Like the MAD Man who Created Frankenstein YOU were able to ferret out the bad ideas and pull together what was most desirable for Performance & Cost

When I see FT-10s battle each other I am amazed at how well they can be sailed and the rewards of sailing it correctly (The Boat Waaay Out Front)

BUT What I Love the Most is watching one of your children Walking some boat costing 3-5X more in mixed events = N2E etc.

Well I got to get back to work so you can see the PIX

Oh Wait ...................................................................... I think I might have something to take some of the pain out of the wait

Looking

Looking

Looking

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ready

10WSA0138.JPG

BRB

So who wants to host next years FT 10 North Americas? Despite what the front page might say, I dont see this being the last one...

Congratuations John and crew on Justice! A hard-fought and well-deserved victory. Also congratulations to everyone who sailed...it sounds like everyone had a good time, and that's what it's about. Wish I could have joined you guys.

A special thanks to Tim (Clewless) who spent countless hours organizing this event and getting it off the ground with great participation.

There is no better boat for SoCal...Tigers rule!

Thanks Woody. All credit should go to Bill S. who had the balls to think up the program and get it started. He took a lot of hits on SA but while he prides himself on being gruff he is a great guy and a very fair guy. I have always enjoyed spending time with him. You have been a good cheer leader for the class and I appreciate that.