Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pogen

SF NOOD 2012 -- PHRF/4KSBs welcome

I don't think I will be going for various reasons, but I was interested to receive this in my mail this morning. Signups to date are a bit skimpy. I'm trying to remember if S/A hates NOOD? I've never done one, but the party sounds pretty good. Maybe I can get a crew spot!

YRA E-Bulletin, August 30, 2012

2012 NOOD Regattas coming up Soon!

September 22-23, 2012

I know many of you have gotten a bit tired of the NOOD regatta for various reasons. What hasn't been really communicated this year is all of the changes to make the NOODS what you want it to be.

First of all there will be PHRF divisions! This is a big departure for the NOODS, but with so many Handicap boats on the bay we figured why not?

New venues (the circle and Knox)

New race management. RegattaPRO is over-seeing the event and has brought in top race officers to manage each venue. Additionally, trained support boat operators

have been brought in

to ensure courses get set up quickly and accurately.

Not only will RegattaPRO be over-seeing all venues, but so will Peter "Luigi" Reggio, who has been the PRO for the past several America's Cups.

Better parties on the huge Corinthian YC deck. Great BBQ and you can party outside without freezing!

Both One-Design and PHRF divisions are welcome.

Even though this didn't get on the calendar early enough to be on some fleet's "official" calendar, its still the best way to end the summer season.

Don't worry if your fleet doesn't get enough entries for OD status (but they should) because if they don't you can either race PHRF or not race and get your entry back.

We want this to be a fun event and we want to work with you.

For more information and to sign up go to: http://www.sailingwo...s/san-francisco

Looking forward to seeing you there!

got the same...funny though as we weren't invited. not going to trash anyone/anything here (could say plenty, but not my style) but seems like too little too late and grasping at straws

The original NOR lists just about every 1D in creation. Maybe they thought your class would find them w/o any outreach on their part?

The original NOR lists just about every 1D in creation. Maybe they thought your class would find them w/o any outreach on their part?

that's exactly why i found last night's email so amusing