• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

damp_freddie

18- 22 ft which sleeps her crew ?

18- 22 ft which sleeps her crew ?

Micro 18 latest ?

those 20 foot thingies from the USA ?

or an SB3 sorry ...renamed....Castro Pensioners railed bath tub - with a boom tent ?

Oh, it must plane. Maybe not upwind, but capable of 16 knts or more without cavitation.

Rocket 22 there are only a hand full of them - the second closest would be the Ultimate 20 - both boats would be described as like sleeping in the back of your SUV. The U20 the fastest I ever saw was 16 about the time we were hit by a reported 40mph gust by a larger boat with poper instrument gear right behind us. The norm was 12-14 knots and 15's in the really windy stuff - up wind the U20 pending how hard your pinching will run between about 5.2 and 6 knots all depending on how hard your on the breeze.

The only 18footers you'll find that will hit 14-16+ knots are cats and skiffs not sure if sleeping on them would be your idea of ideal.

Talk to Jim Antrim. He's working on exactly what you are asking for. Wel, maybe not the planing thing, don't know about that bit.

-jim lee

Hmm, is j70 going to be crawl in and skrep?

Guessing the j/70 and the Melges 24 are not all that different regarding internal accomidations. I did a SSS event many years ago in SF Bay on the U20. Overnight Vallejo single handed there double handed back. My raft mate at the club was a M24. I was comfy in my U20 v berth on a nice thick air mat reading a book with the whole interior lit up by a battery powered shop light when he crossed my boat headed to his bunk. He did a 180 stood there looking at me then said "Fuck I'm so doing this wrong! - mumbled something about his 3ft long bunk laying ontop of sails Sucking the big one and he left" HA HA Pretty sure he did not sleep that night. I sure did!

if you're moderately motivated you can shag onboard a U-20. You could even have a small orgy. I reckon a Melges24 would be more challenging even though it's a bigger boat. J-70 looks more along the lines of a M24 than an Ultimate. In just about any case a tent and air mattress would be far superior.

"if you're moderately motivated you can shag onboard a U-20. You could even have a small orgy"

Hmm - there seems to be a new wrinkle in the sportsboat debate

right under your nose 200 built

i suspect you will want something bigger though

AUS & NZ have heaps of types with accom. room

'Elliott 7' being the pick in this size range (not the new match racer E7) , also Spider 22, Castle 650

the NA U20 & Rocket for sure

wtf do you mention boats with no cabin in you OP ? ? therefore i suspect this question is a folly w.o.t.

bottom.jpg

Rocket is palatial compared to a J/70. J/70 would be like crawling into a car trunk. Not gonna happen except for some cat or small kid gets trapped in there.

Gotta admit I haven't actually tried sleeping in mine (Rocket). No cushions right now, but the area up there is like a 30'er v berth. Cockpit is flat and huge too.

Put a queen size in the V and a queen in the cokpit and cruise 2 couples ;) Nevermind the loo and cooking and electricity and such.

Rocket is palatial compared to a J/70. J/70 would be like crawling into a car trunk. Not gonna happen except for some cat or small kid gets trapped in there.

Gotta admit I haven't actually tried sleeping in mine (Rocket). No cushions right now, but the area up there is like a 30'er v berth. Cockpit is flat and huge too.

Put a queen size in the V and a queen in the cokpit and cruise 2 couples ;) Nevermind the loo and cooking and electricity and such.

Hey Barnone, I see your back. Please check your e-mail.

right under your nose 200 built

i suspect you will want something bigger though

AUS & NZ have heaps of types with accom. room

'Elliott 7' being the pick in this size range (not the new match racer E7) , also Spider 22, Castle 650

the NA U20 & Rocket for sure

wtf do you mention boats with no cabin in you OP ? ? therefore i suspect this question is a folly w.o.t.

bottom.jpg

Love the month's Ask Dr. Crash in SW. A SS 18 is featured "prominently" there. LOL.