• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pube

Need help with 200kg keel bulb design/build Sydney, Australia

Im trying to find someone in Sydney that has experience designing/building keel bulbs for sportsboats. My old Elliott 5.9 is in need of a new keel and bulb and im looking for some sportsboat inspriation. The biggest proplem im having is finding someone interested in taking on the job that has done it before and can advise me on attachment and placement of the bulb as I have nothing to compare it to except a few pictures I have found on the internet.

The original design had around 200kg in an 'L' shaped weight that was far from being a torpedo style bulb. Im looking at around the 175-200kg weight but need advise on this also. Does anyone know someone who can help?

Dixon boats at Taren Point to design, then Bruce Gault to build it

they work together & have done the custom work all before

I have been speaking to Ian Dixon and was at his workshop today. He can help me with the centreboard but not so much with the bulb.

Wouldn't it be smart to talk to guys who own boats recently built, or the guys that are doing well.

I am sure the guys GS mentioned could it but you don't see the guys at the front of the sportsboat fleet using the stuff they design. It is going to cost you the same to build a bad design as it will a good design. I would bet there are a few bulb molds already lying around that would suit your needs, probably with one of the Qld boats

blokes world has a spare fin and bulb may addapt to your boat ,yould need to talk to 89er

Not sure where you got that info from as i dont have a spare fin or bulb but i do have 2 spare wings :ph34r:

Give Brett van munster a call pube.

It is currently under my house next to the concrete mould it was used to make. I haven't taken ownership, just used it foe a while.