• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

graham_mb

Great Lakes FT10s?

9 posts in this topic

I'm looking at getting a 30-35 footer for Lake Michigan. Love the concept of the Tiger-- fast, simple, no BS. Are there many Tigers on the lakes? Do they ever get together for one-design?

I'm looking at getting a 30-35 footer for Lake Michigan. Love the concept of the Tiger-- fast, simple, no BS. Are there many Tigers on the lakes? Do they ever get together for one-design?

You just had six of them get together for the Verve in August. Three from Lake Mich, two from Lake Erie. There is one from Lake Ontario,

You just had six of them get together for the Verve in August. Three from Lake Mich, two from Lake Erie. There is one from Lake Ontario,

two (three?) years ago they had three on the line for beer can racing out of Cobourg I am pretty sure.

The guys from Louisville travel well too. They have been to Chicago a couple of times and the whole gang (mostly) has participated in the Winter Series in Florida a few times. Get one and get in on the fun!!

The boat can stand up to some pretty ruff abuse and weather. As with all things it takes time and practise to get good. There are already 3 boats in Chicago and 2 on Lake Erie. Would love to see another tiger on any of the great lakes.

Larry

USA 789

Chicago/Lake Michigan

Sail No - Yacht Name

00080 - 007

00034 - Koko Loco

00006 - Solitary

To the OP - Moonlight, I understand you found your boat in Atlanta. Congratulations and welcome to the Great Lakes FT10 Fleet. We've raced against that hull with Doug & crew and they were very tough to beat down in Pensacola. I may try to bum a ride when I visit family in the TC area over the summer. Happy Holidays - see you on the water!