Old Motel

Manhasset Fall Series

Expo asked me why I didn't bring Edith with me, I explained my car wasn't able to hold her and all of her 7 multiple personalities.

Saw a few good people from MBYC at the shindig though. They really are some of the nicer, more hospitable people out there and I really hope the regatta is a huge success next year.

What s interesting is that YRALIS gave the seasonal trophy for day races in that rating band to Smokin' J. However I would have thought with the string of bullets that Hustler put together she would have had enough to win it. So did Manhasset toss the protest BUT the YRA scorer not award it to Esposito in favor of Sinatra?

Only racing Hustler did for season was Manhasset-that's not enough racing to qualify for anything in a seasonal perspective

He nose thet. :)

Undoubtedly--at some level, I just don't think he cares all that much anymore. He's won too much ...boxes of trophies out in the garage with the Christmas ornaments. We were all proud and shit cause we won the Windigo for the 5th time. The Hustler syndicate has won the Sappho 16 times going back to Aurelia. That's a record, like Pete Rose's hit total, that will never be broken.....

But Pete rose has an asterisk next to his records now.....

...and is forever a member of the Hall of Shame when what he wants desperately is a trip to Cooperstown.

Does the guy on the right look like he is wearing rouge.

Could be an Irish bar tan. I get it all the time.

Choo Choo, he makes the trains run. Mark of a good engineer.

What an excellent term. Keeping that!

First time you ever heard of a "bar tan"... Amateurs!! LOL

Apparently these YRA guys are known to hang out in oak paneled rooms sniffing brandy

bourbon and rum actually

I thouht our scoche houndes?

That's what happens when you are a party girl turned old washed-up scrubber Edith.

Expo asked me why I didn't bring Edith with me, I explained my car wasn't able to hold her and all of her 7 multiple personalities.

Saw a few good people from MBYC at the shindig though. They really are some of the nicer, more hospitable people out there and I really hope the regatta is a huge success next year.

Apparently these YRA guys are known to hang out in oak paneled rooms sniffing brandy

The practice of using multiple accounts and/or logins to manufacture the appearance of Internet Fame. The term recently jumped into meme lexicon because of a series of posts by a younger gamer named "plops" that was so transparently bad at cheerleading himself with his own forum logins, that he was laughed off the forums by most of its readers.

Douchebag 1: Hey, I'm douchebag 1! I'm famous for (fill in pointless internet thing nobody cares about).

Douchebag 1's anonymous login: Yeah he is famous for that! He's da greatess evar!!!

Everyone: Man, stop the plopping samefag.

meet the Ploppers

that ^

and its sock puppets. nice try, terrible execution.

That's what happens when you are a party girl turned old washed-up scrubber Edith.

Plopping

The practice of using multiple accounts and/or logins to manufacture the appearance of Internet Fame. The term recently jumped into meme lexicon because of a series of posts by a younger gamer named "plops" that was so transparently bad at cheerleading himself with his own forum logins, that he was laughed off the forums by most of its readers.

Douchebag 1: Hey, I'm douchebag 1! I'm famous for (fill in pointless internet thing nobody cares about).

Douchebag 1's anonymous login: Yeah he is famous for that! He's da greatess evar!!!

Everyone: Man, stop the plopping samefag.

meet the Ploppers

Clearly you're new here. But the suggestion that No. 6 and Left Hook are the same person did totally make me laugh.

Anybodey macke New Yeares ressilutions fre criew waites?

Yes, I resolve to only take pictures of skinny people...so no selfies of course.

Clearly you haven't seen Espo's cement shoes have you? They're very real - I've been threatened with them once or twice so that I'll provide more righting moment on the rail :ph34r:

Clearly you haven't seen Espo's cement shoes have you? They're very real - I've been threatened with them once or twice so that I'll provide more righting moment on the rail :ph34r:

FYI - thoise our juste props fre scarring assholles. Notte siurre wheare thr misudderstanding occurrede.

Every pair is custom. Nothing to see. Unless you find the feet they were moulded to.

here we go again!

note that Hustler has been moved up to div 1 because div 2 is too easy.

I kid you not, check it out on yachtscoring

Division: IRC IRC
1. USA 39516 Avalanche Craig Albrecht Port Washington Yacht Club Sea Cliff, NY, USA Farr 395 39.5
2. USA 267 Nordlys Bob Schwartz Manhasset Bay Yacht Club/NYYC Port Washington, NY, USA J 109 35
Division: One Design J 105
1. USA 83415 Bangarang Kirk Stirland Norwalk YC Rowayton, CT, USA J 105 34.5
2. USA 170 Conundrum Jeremy Henderson / Harald Edegran Larchmont Yacht Club Larchmont, NY, USA J 105 34.5
3. USA 418 Echo Greth Lester American Yacht Club Rye, NY, USA J 105 34.5
4. USA 50 Eclipse Damian Emery MSSA Shoreham, NY, USA J 105 34.5
5. USA 334 loulou Paul Beaudin Harlem Yacht Club New York, NY, USA J 105 34.5
6. USA 167 Peregrina Josh Burack New Rochelle, NY, USA J/105 34.5
7. 389 Privateer Rob Crafa SUNY Maritime College Bronx, New York, USA J/105 35
8. USA 323 Stratos Marcus Wunderlich Jersey City, NJ, USA J 105 34.5
Division: PHRF PHRF - Spinnaker
1. USA 26 Andiamo Paul Strauch Manhasset Bay YC Douglaston, NY, USA J 111 36 36.0
2. 51169 Crazy Horse Rob Crafa SUNY Maritime College Bronx, New York, USA Frers 45 45
3. USA 283 Hustler John / Tony Esposito CIYC/YRALIS Mohegan Lake, NY, USA J 29 MHOB 29
4. USA 46850 Leverage Arthur H. Buhr III Port Washington YC/STC Port Washington, NY, USA Schock 40 40 9.0
5. 73042 Loki3 Richard Correll M.C.Y.C. Huntington, New York, USA S2 9.1 29"10'
6. USA 32006 Six Brothers Chris Kramer NYYC/AYC Rye, NY, USA C-32 32 57.0
7. 88 USA 142 Steamboat Midn. John Kirk USMMA Kings Point, NY, USA Melges 32 OD 32 24.0
8. USA 407 Sundari Barry Gold American Yacht Club Larchmont, NY, USA Farr 400 38.7' -15.0
9. USA 162 Zetiana Midn. Connor Sexton USMMA Kings Point, NY, USA Melges 32 OD 32
PHRF - Spinnaker
1. USA 69 Breakaway Richie Palmer NYAC YC Pelham, NY, USA Beneteau First 36.7 36
2. USA 24 Deviation Iris Vogel Huguenot Yacht Club New Rochelle, NY, USA J 88 29 87.0
3. USA 52173 Finale Thomas O'Connell Riverside YC Riverside, CT, USA Beneteau First 36.7 36 87.0
4. USA 197 Morning Glory Carl Olsson Larchmont YC; STC New Rochelle, NY, USA J 109 35
5. USA 83214 Project Mayhem Doug & Amy Stryker Raritan YC Cranford, NJ, USA Santana 30/30 RC 29'11 126.0
6. USA 41810 Sabotage Midn. Mike Marese USMMA Kings Point, NY, USA Soverel 33 33 87.0
7. USA 291 Smokin' J Tom & Julie Sinatra Raritan Yacht Club Millstone Twp, NJ, USA J 29 MHOB 29 114.0
8. USA 32086 Speed D8 Chuck McCarthy Port Washington YC Manhasset , NY, USA Evelyn 32-2 32
9. USA 33560 Sting Kenneth Luczynski King's Point, NY, USA Soverel 33 33
10. USA 14 Thin Man Todd Aven City Island YC / Storm Trysail Club Brooklyn, NY, USA J 92 30 114.0
11. USA 381 Upsetter Jason Viseltear Huguenot Yacht Club New York, NY, USA J 80 26.3
PHRF - Non-Spinnaker
1. USA 40866 Black Mallard Tracy McRoberts Seawanhaka Corinthian Glen Cove, NY, USA Cardinal 47 46.5 99.0
2. 43520 Chieftain Robert Chuda City Island YC Shokan, NY, USA Frers 45 W 45 69.0
3. USA 47 FINN Brian Finnerty Oyster Bay Locust Valley, NY, USA Bristol 41.1 41 135.0
4. USA 41134 Minx Robert Taylor New York Athletic Club YC Pelham Manor, New York, USA J/34 34
5. USA 21122 The Real Macaw Sid Kiwitt none Stroudsburg, PA, USA Pari 34 34.5'

here we go again!

note that Hustler has been moved up to div 1 because div 2 is too easy.

I kid you not, check it out on yachtscoring

Division: IRC IRC
1. USA 39516 Avalanche Craig Albrecht Port Washington Yacht Club Sea Cliff, NY, USA Farr 395 39.5
2. USA 267 Nordlys Bob Schwartz Manhasset Bay Yacht Club/NYYC Port Washington, NY, USA J 109 35
Division: One Design J 105
1. USA 83415 Bangarang Kirk Stirland Norwalk YC Rowayton, CT, USA J 105 34.5
2. USA 170 Conundrum Jeremy Henderson / Harald Edegran Larchmont Yacht Club Larchmont, NY, USA J 105 34.5
3. USA 418 Echo Greth Lester American Yacht Club Rye, NY, USA J 105 34.5
4. USA 50 Eclipse Damian Emery MSSA Shoreham, NY, USA J 105 34.5
5. USA 334 loulou Paul Beaudin Harlem Yacht Club New York, NY, USA J 105 34.5
6. USA 167 Peregrina Josh Burack New Rochelle, NY, USA J/105 34.5
7. 389 Privateer Rob Crafa SUNY Maritime College Bronx, New York, USA J/105 35
8. USA 323 Stratos Marcus Wunderlich Jersey City, NJ, USA J 105 34.5
Division: PHRF PHRF - Spinnaker
1. USA 26 Andiamo Paul Strauch Manhasset Bay YC Douglaston, NY, USA J 111 36 36.0
2. 51169 Crazy Horse Rob Crafa SUNY Maritime College Bronx, New York, USA Frers 45 45
3. USA 283 Hustler John / Tony Esposito CIYC/YRALIS Mohegan Lake, NY, USA J 29 MHOB 29
4. USA 46850 Leverage Arthur H. Buhr III Port Washington YC/STC Port Washington, NY, USA Schock 40 40 9.0
5. 73042 Loki3 Richard Correll M.C.Y.C. Huntington, New York, USA S2 9.1 29"10'
6. USA 32006 Six Brothers Chris Kramer NYYC/AYC Rye, NY, USA C-32 32 57.0
7. 88 USA 142 Steamboat Midn. John Kirk USMMA Kings Point, NY, USA Melges 32 OD 32 24.0
8. USA 407 Sundari Barry Gold American Yacht Club Larchmont, NY, USA Farr 400 38.7' -15.0
9. USA 162 Zetiana Midn. Connor Sexton USMMA Kings Point, NY, USA Melges 32 OD 32
PHRF - Spinnaker
1. USA 69 Breakaway Richie Palmer NYAC YC Pelham, NY, USA Beneteau First 36.7 36
2. USA 24 Deviation Iris Vogel Huguenot Yacht Club New Rochelle, NY, USA J 88 29 87.0
3. USA 52173 Finale Thomas O'Connell Riverside YC Riverside, CT, USA Beneteau First 36.7 36 87.0
4. USA 197 Morning Glory Carl Olsson Larchmont YC; STC New Rochelle, NY, USA J 109 35
5. USA 83214 Project Mayhem Doug & Amy Stryker Raritan YC Cranford, NJ, USA Santana 30/30 RC 29'11 126.0
6. USA 41810 Sabotage Midn. Mike Marese USMMA Kings Point, NY, USA Soverel 33 33 87.0
7. USA 291 Smokin' J Tom & Julie Sinatra Raritan Yacht Club Millstone Twp, NJ, USA J 29 MHOB 29 114.0
8. USA 32086 Speed D8 Chuck McCarthy Port Washington YC Manhasset , NY, USA Evelyn 32-2 32
9. USA 33560 Sting Kenneth Luczynski King's Point, NY, USA Soverel 33 33
10. USA 14 Thin Man Todd Aven City Island YC / Storm Trysail Club Brooklyn, NY, USA J 92 30 114.0
11. USA 381 Upsetter Jason Viseltear Huguenot Yacht Club New York, NY, USA J 80 26.3
PHRF - Non-Spinnaker
1. USA 40866 Black Mallard Tracy McRoberts Seawanhaka Corinthian Glen Cove, NY, USA Cardinal 47 46.5 99.0
2. 43520 Chieftain Robert Chuda City Island YC Shokan, NY, USA Frers 45 W 45 69.0
3. USA 47 FINN Brian Finnerty Oyster Bay Locust Valley, NY, USA Bristol 41.1 41 135.0
4. USA 41134 Minx Robert Taylor New York Athletic Club YC Pelham Manor, New York, USA J/34 34
5. USA 21122 The Real Macaw Sid Kiwitt none Stroudsburg, PA, USA Pari 34 34.5'

Maybe there will be a pussy in that Div that will cry we are sailing over weight.

And willbe sailing at 114 :lol::lol:

Windy this weekend is the forecast.

The Fat Boys will rule at 114 :lol::lol::P

Let the good times roll ;)

haha they got you back in Div 2, but the splits don't make make sense should be 3 divisions

div 1

-15-57 9 boats

div 2

63-87 6 boats

div 3

93-126 7 boats

Windy this weekend is the forecast.

The Fat Boys will rule at 114 :lol::lol::P

Let the good times roll ;)

Fuck yeah. Hustler is sailing with 8 at weight.

haha they got you back in Div 2, but the splits don't make make sense should be 3 divisions

div 1

-15-57 9 boats

div 2

63-87 6 boats

div 3

93-126 7 boats

There's a guy you could probably talk to about this.

Step on the scale and video it just before you leave the mooring. This will shut up the haters

Doesn't matter, haters always gonna hate.

div 1

-15-57 9 boats

div 2

63-87 6 boats

div 3

93-126 7 boats

what this I hear you are not sailing?

no weight limits

Who is Smokin J going to protest and cry too?????

I hope he's coming with 9 or 10 crew if he wants to compete

What are the drink specials in the protest hearing room this year?

Might be worth getting protested for 2/1 dark and stormies

div 1

-15-57 9 boats

div 2

63-87 6 boats

div 3

93-126 7 boats

That's crazy talk, this time I'm even going to bring a jacket.

div 1

-15-57 9 boats

div 2

63-87 6 boats

div 3

93-126 7 boats

That's crazy talk, this time I'm even going to bring a jacket.

good I was bringing an extra one for you just in case

div 1

-15-57 9 boats

div 2

63-87 6 boats

div 3

93-126 7 boats

Guy? Oh yeah, a boy named Sue.

dang the splits are so close to perfect nice job, but I dont think a evelyn 32 with its tiny rig should be racing ben 36.7s and j109s

thats just silly.

dang the splits are so close to perfect nice job, but I dont think a evelyn 32 with its tiny rig should be racing ben 36.7s and j109s

thats just silly.

It's tough but if the boat is going at 100% you can beat them with a 32.

thats just silly.

Bitch'in already! Just load the boat up with crew and hold her flat and fast. Weight limits are gone. I am sure the extra reinforcement will make it SAFE! You shouldn't break anything with the extra structure.

thats just silly.

Bitch'in already! Just load the boat up with crew and hold her flat and fast. Weight limits are gone. I am sure the extra reinforcement will make it SAFE! You shouldn't break anything with the extra structure.

nice post count

thats just silly.

you do realize which 36.7 you're talkin bout....

yeah good point, but cmon its like they are separating Espo and the Evelyn because they don't want any more problems.

thats just silly.

yes. I would happily sail my old 32 in that class.

I like the no weight limit rule. But what's up with waiting until a day and a half before the regatta to announce and post the no weight limit addendum to the NOR? If the reason was to encourage participation, I don't think announcing this now is going to convince many more boats to race and for some, might be a negative, as if they knew about this months or even weeks ago, they could have worked on loading the boat up with crew and not run around now trying to find more bodies. It's not like this is a new issue for this regatta or region.

thats just silly.

good thing he has your sails!

I like the no weight limit rule. But what's up with waiting until a day and a half before the regatta to announce and post the no weight limit addendum to the NOR? If the reason was to encourage participation, I don't think announcing this now is going to convince many more boats to race and for some, might be a negative, as if they knew about this months or even weeks ago, they could have worked on loading the boat up with crew and not run around now trying to find more bodies. It's not like this is a new issue for this regatta or region.

good question ask the guy that comes with a side of dressing, he might be able to shed some light on that decision.

thats just silly.

good thing he has your sails!

The 32 you're talking about down there has some VERY old sails of mine, they will not be competitive in a more difficult class (like this one) with old sails....

Honestly though the right answer for the Evelyn 32 with the current class splits is to have an IB boat with standard E.

There's a very good chance this puts it as the scratch boat in the class below vs the little boat one class up.

thats just silly.

Especially that cheater E32

Agreed, I recieved an email from the commodore on Oct 3 that this was going to happen and the amendment would be up by Oct 4.

That's better than not declaring weight limits in the NOR and adding an addendum including them ONE week before the regatta!

Good to see MBFS dump the weight limits, as many other successful regattas are doing. Hope many more follow suit.

Yes, they are revising ratings for boats that had adjustments on their cert for crew weights. Sue did so to a few yesterday.

Interesting. Is that at the election of the boat owner or MBYC? What if a boat wants to comply/sail with their weight credit?

I emailed the committee and explained that we were sailing with - 3 spm per our cert for sailing overweight at BIRW this year and asked them to revise our rating to add 3 spm as a result of no weight limits for the regatta. Sue did so and replied yesterday that there were a few other folks with the same issue that she revised. Unfortunately, it's a moot point, since the boat is not going to be able to make it up this year as we pulled the plug a few weeks ago then last minute tried to go but couldn't get crew.

Anyone know how YRALIS feels about this?! :o

Who gives a fuck what they feel, they are all has beens. None of the retards behind the weight limits 17 years ago race or own boats. Breardsley, Gold, ect. and they sucked when they raced.

Who gives a fuck what they feel, they are all has beens. None of the retards behind the weight limits 17 years ago race or own boats. Breardsley, Gold, ect. and they sucked when they raced.

But Espo how do you FEEL about this?

But Espo how do you FEEL about this?

I think you know

Not like you to hold back johnnie. You're getting soft in your old age.

I don't think YRALIS cares or if they do it is because they don't have to set/change policy on the issue.

I emailed the committee and explained that we were sailing with - 3 spm per our cert for sailing overweight at BIRW this year and asked them to revise our rating to add 3 spm as a result of no weight limits for the regatta. Sue did so and replied yesterday that there were a few other folks with the same issue that she revised. Unfortunately, it's a moot point, since the boat is not going to be able to make it up this year as we pulled the plug a few weeks ago then last minute tried to go but couldn't get crew.

Interesting. I wonder what would happen if someone insisted they would be sailing at the lower weight on their cert and asked that that rating be used.

Sue is good people. She tries her damnedest.

I wonder what would happen if you actually showed up to sail in the event you shoot you're mouth off about.

still ducking me Jeffy?

everyone knows your scared.

I figured rather then dancing around we should just get right to the root of your problems.

typical pussy reply Jeffy blame "My problems" when all i want is for you to back up what you spew at me.

you said you will kick my ass

why don't you do what you say?

it's easy to hide behind a computer isn't it?

What I said was that you were a pussy for threatening the blonde chick (remember that is what started your little hissy fit) and deserve getting your ass kicked for that.

BTW, espo says hi, he called a short while ago.

don't make me pull the posts you are full of shit i never made a threat she is a friend of mine

give it up you are timed out you and you don't belong here go away for the sake

of the rest of the members you truly are an idiot and have no clue whatsoever.

spare me the typical Jeffy response and just shut up already.

Funny petey, if you weren't running your mouth at the girl, why did you have to apologize to her? Big men like to pick on chicks, don't they dickhead?

Between that and rippin' folks off, you really are a piece of work.

Funny petey, if you weren't running your mouth at the girl, why did you have to apologize to her? Big men like to pick on chicks, don't they dickhead?

same old same old Jeffy no substance you have nothing and you are nothing. Good bye you aren't with the time or energy anymore.

same old same old Jeffy no substance you have nothing and you are nothing. Good bye you aren't with the time or energy anymore.

Petey, cane you an the Jeffe juste stoppe toniite? Plesae?

Sue is good people. She tries her damnedest.

Truwere wordes weare nevere typede!!! She thickes Ime jerke, butte I licke herre. :)

Really? I would have thought she thinks your cute.............

Yeah, she is good people.