Old Motel

Manhasset Fall Series

7 hours ago, EastCoastHustle said:

looking light tomorrow.

Oh well

15 minutes ago, Kevlar Edge said:

looking like "hell in a hand basket"

You beat me to it, ESE at 2

The distance race looks to be a good time.

I am glad I am looking at Hustler sitting in my driveway as I type this:D

Very well laid out race course. The line could have been better but applause to the RC for setting a reasonable course and for a fantastic party. 

• Like 1

Who''s going?  More boats needed.  This has always been a great regatta...where is everyone?

19 minutes ago, footlong said:

Who''s going?  More boats needed.  This has always been a great regatta...where is everyone?

it's embarrassing kinda.  I'm registered.  only 17 boats total....40th anniversary (and from what I hear the LAST one)

and I don;t see ONE boat from MBYC registered...........

We're going but no registered yet (beyond my control).

J44s?  Not competing with Sea Cliff this year.

109's  They could have had their NAs at Manahsset.

2 hours ago, dacapo said:

it's embarrassing kinda.  I'm registered.  only 17 boats total....40th anniversary (and from what I hear the LAST one)

and I don;t see ONE boat from MBYC registered...........

It's over!!

Sell that POS and buy some bikes

1 hour ago, footlong said:

We're going but no registered yet (beyond my control).

J44s?  Not competing with Sea Cliff this year.

109's  They could have had their NAs at Manahsset.

What boat?

3 hours ago, footlong said:

Although the last day distance race is a fun way to end the season, it's stupid.

They need to make it a 1 weekend event and call it a day!

Making people put crews together for 1 day the second weekend is a PIA if your crew is not local

It has always been a great event and my favorite LIS event.

Race Mgt is second to none 

3 minutes ago, jesposito said:

It's over!!

Notte verrey helpfulle Expo, coude you try smilleng when you poeste?  Juste saying.                                   :)

1 hour ago, jesposito said:

It's over!!

well, i am selling that POS nice boat and getting a POS nicer boat...won;t have any cash for a bike for a few years now....

1 hour ago, Barnacle Balls said:

there's only 3 boats fer racing....

andiamo  and/or jazz

jcurve

nordlys

no one else races.

and to think I thought Knickerbocker was the social  ............

I’m trying to get few more 105’s to enter.   

Offere up expo as onboarde gesste fiorre races, manney wille signe up.                                         :)

Tough year for it. J/88 NAs and J109 Fall Series sapping boats away. Are the J44s still doing an event in Glen Cove?

I honestly believe MBYC does a good job with this event. Nothing was more fun than bombing over to MBYC in a certain Mako 23 for bratwurst and sauerkraut in the basement of MBYC or having yahoos from Jersey talk trash during awards in the ballroom but even that was 4-5 years ago.

Props to Thin Man, Nordlys and Eagle for carrying the flame. The lifeblood of this regatta used to be the 72+ Rating PHRF boats that have all but vanished. Those owner operator programs have been devastated by the assault on work-life balance in the post 2009 world. Sad.

1 hour ago, jackolantern said:

Are the J44s still doing an event in Glen Cove?

No

There are a lot of boat owners who read and post here, whether they speak up much or not. Those of you who do, honestly, what's the reason you're not going? Espo, why not drop the boat in for this one? 

The only team I can speak for is saying "it's a really long fall season, hard to get crew, and Bermuda prep is coming up quick right now" 

One tangential thing I'd point out is the traveling teams, the After Midnights, Decisions, Spookies, Pterodactyls who used to come down for this, all want to keep the boat on a dock in a logistically easy place to have crew hotels, sail trailers, etc. Basically Stamford. That's a ~2 hour motor at the start and end of the day. Not that this is MBYCs fault but City Island used to be the place that the Maxis and whatnot would congregate before this event and that has all devolved.

I bet there would be critical mass if someone developed a Western Sound fall series and partnered up with hinckley stamford or Yacht Haven for dock space then ran it off of mid sound buoy in October. 

3 hours ago, jackolantern said:

...Those owner operator programs have been devastated by the assault on work-life balance in the post 2009 world. Sad.

Puts it quite nice for sailing in general for the majority of us for the last decade...

2 hours ago, jackolantern said:

I bet there would be critical mass if someone developed a Western Sound fall series and partnered up with hinckley stamford or Yacht Haven for dock space then ran it off of mid sound buoy in October. 

please fleshe thisse oute with detailles wespey, thack ou.y

Snags, the hypothesis was that the center of gravity of racing has shifted East. Greenwich harbor gets 3x as many boats on any night as CBCA and recently Can One.

For fun I’m going to stop by the various marinas in stamford tomorrow and do a quick headcount of open slips. I’ll inquire about the volume of transient moorings after Stamford during the 109 event this weekend. 

Further critical thought says Hinckley probably doesn’t want transient boats as they’re decommissioning, hauling, and blocking. 

4 hours ago, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

Maybe a regatta party with fish tacos? 

Gross.

Colony hot oil pizza, sausage mandatory, stingers optional. Served with a cold half-full brewery lager  

I've had Frank Pepe's finest and New Haven pizza can get in line behind our hot oil and personal pie sizes. 

Colony hot oil pizza, sausage mandatory, stingers optional. Served with a cold half-full brewery lager  

Haventte tride it, soundes goode, I do licke theire Fairfield locatione.                 :)

I've had Frank Pepe's finest and New Haven pizza can get in line behind our hot oil and personal pie sizes. 

Merle may tacke thisse asa challange.                              :)

22 minutes ago, hermetic said:

it used to be one of the best.  but so did sorc and big boat

mr T would agree, stick a fork in it

Only 1 boat from the home club. If they don't even support it.....how much sense does it make?  

1 hour ago, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

Only 1 boat from the home club. If they don't even support it.....how much sense does it make?  

they never did, mbyc was a small boat one design club

mr T set up the regatta as prelude and testing ground for ior boats before they were sent to sorc

18 hours ago, jackolantern said:

There are a lot of boat owners who read and post here, whether they speak up much or not. Those of you who do, honestly, what's the reason you're not going? Espo, why not drop the boat in for this one? 

The only team I can speak for is saying "it's a really long fall season, hard to get crew, and Bermuda prep is coming up quick right now" 

One tangential thing I'd point out is the traveling teams, the After Midnights, Decisions, Spookies, Pterodactyls who used to come down for this, all want to keep the boat on a dock in a logistically easy place to have crew hotels, sail trailers, etc. Basically Stamford. That's a ~2 hour motor at the start and end of the day. Not that this is MBYCs fault but City Island used to be the place that the Maxis and whatnot would congregate before this event and that has all devolved.

Bermuda prep? 

4 minutes ago, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

Bermuda prep? 

He wase on a rolle.......                                        :)

1 minute ago, jackolantern said:

You know, making a list and checking it twice. 

crew invite list?  better check it 3 times :)

20 hours ago, jackolantern said:

If you come sail, I will consider it 

9 minutes ago, jesposito said:

If you come sail, I will consider it 

A boodassiouse, and moeste execellent offere!              :)

5 hours ago, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

Entries up to 9!

Teame Wespoy?                                      :)

Stamford event was awesome. Great hospitality and race management from SYC. Good breeze. 7 good races over 2 days. Chowder last night and taco bar today. Hopefully it grows for 2020.

4 hours ago, jackolantern said:

Stamford event was awesome. Great hospitality and race management from SYC. Good breeze. 7 good races over 2 days. Chowder last night and taco bar today. Hopefully it grows for 2020.

Any puking? 

9 minutes ago, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:
4 hours ago, jackolantern said:

Any puking? 

Troubelleng........... 

It looks like Eagle picked up right where they left off on Wed nights.;)

Was looking at the results, it looks like MBYC made a mistake in scoring, they have a J88 winning

They must have by mistake scored 1 of the J88's that were doing the 15 BOAT J88 North Americans right in the same vicinity of LIS

Congrats to all who sailed and to Paul, Nordly's and E.Z. Breeze was ok for the most part and it was a nice way to end the season. Manhasset RC did a great job, and the food was better than average. Beer was cold and not flat. I like the regatta and hope it continues.

15 minutes ago, jackolantern said:

Give Paul credit for choosing to support his home club’s event. 

while prepping the boat for Bermuda also!

36 minutes ago, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

while prepping the boat for Bermuda also!

jacko had a pretty good rant going there until Bermuda Prep, Colony Pizza >/= New Haven Apizza and MBYC Fall Series >/= J88 NACs arguments...

Give Paul credit for choosing to support his home club’s event. 

STOP!!

14 J88s sailing OD vs 8 boats sailing a wide spread phrf event = HACK

1 hour ago, Tack nazi said:

Congrats to all who sailed and to Paul, Nordly's and E.Z. Breeze was ok for the most part and it was a nice way to end the season. Manhasset RC did a great job, and the food was better than average. Beer was cold and not flat. I like the regatta and hope it continues.

It is a great event, was my favorite regatta of the year, the RC is 2nd to none and the club hospitality is great as well as the food and drink.

Unfortunately everyone seems to be burned out at this point of the season and not sure why OTHER clubs choose to hold OD events during the same weekend.

Total BS on YRALIS letting that happen  

22 minutes ago, jesposito said:

It is a great event, was my favorite regatta of the year, the RC is 2nd to none and the club hospitality is great as well as the food and drink.

Unfortunately everyone seems to be burned out at this point of the season and not sure why OTHER clubs choose to hold OD events during the same weekend.

Wow...I agree

1 minute ago, footlong said:

Wow...I agree

What's going on with The Bobble?

19 minutes ago, footlong said:
43 minutes ago, jesposito said:

Wow...I agree

We no who to blame, gette Cindey and Barney on the phone stat!                                           :)

That might just work!  If they had anything to do with it. 

Did you try asking  the local J88 Fleet Captain?  (Or are you scared?) Would have been nice if they  held it at MBYC.  I think they had  room for a separate circle.  Or the J44 class couple years ago. 

5 hours ago, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

That might just work!  If they had anything to do with it. 

So, if it notte C & B, who ist it? Howe does oune preventte the YRA Squashe?