Old Motel

Manhasset Fall Series

This was posted in Greek Scuttlebutt:

One of the greatest upsets in yachting history is about to take place this breezy weekend as

the heavy air experts on the customized J120 Avra take a commanding lead into the final weekend series

over a boat called 'Spookie' which as the most expensive boat in the fleet, is at risk of being compared to

the N.Y. Yankees come Monday morning.

This was posted in Greek Scuttlebutt:

One of the greatest upsets in yachting history is about to take place this breezy weekend as

the heavy air experts on the customized J120 Avra take a commanding lead into the final weekend series

over a boat called 'Spookie' which as the most expensive boat in the fleet, is at risk of being compared to

the N.Y. Yankees come Monday morning.

:lol:

Great job by MBYC! Great racing, great party! Food was much improved, the soup was too salty though.

How about some decent size legs tomorrow. I have raced more sub 1 mile legs so far in than series than the total of my 20+ years of sail boat racing.

Oh by the way Sailman " the soup is too salty" thats why you don't complain about the food untill you are through eating it. The kitchen staff sometimes react in an inappropriate way. Just my humble opinion.

Soup today was good, but last week's was killer. Thank you MBYC for the extra grub!

Looks like Eagle's got it locked up

Eagle won the tie breaker in PHRF 2

The Blind Squrriel found the Acorn in the 1st race today in PHRF2

I would like to thank Uno Mas for making the trip from MA and finally giving us some competition.

Nice going!

I would like to thank Uno Mas for making the trip from MA and finally giving us some competition.

Nice going!

Nice work by the Uno Mas crew, maybe next time they'll strap on a set of balls and race us even.

Thanks to MBYC & Race Committee for a great series!

The mushroom cloud over WLIS was our second race

+1 for Uno Mas- nice going

Nice going!

John,is Uno Mas Hull #1 converted to a masthead rig and restored a bit and then sold by a Doyle rep in the Cleveland area? It had a outboard on it when I sailed on it but he had a inboard included with the sales price.

Thank you MBYC for your hospitality- it's second to none in our corner of the Western Long Island Sound. Thanks to Sue Miller and her RC for their great work in running four days of races in all sorts of conditions. And thanks to all the boats that came out to participate. Hopefully next year some more boats will show up and the competition will be even stronger.

Thank you MBYC for your hospitality- it's second to none in our corner of the Western Long Island Sound. Thanks to Sue Miller and her RC for their great work in running four days of races in all sorts of conditions. And thanks to all the boats that came out to participate. Hopefully next year some more boats will show up and the competition will be even stronger.

+1 :)

Nice going!

Nice work by the Uno Mas crew, maybe next time they'll strap on a set of balls and race us even.

Remember, they were better competition than anyone else out there except for Dreads, but we still didn't have to sail the last race if we didn't want too. So Uno Mas has a ways to go!

Hey House Salad -- Great photos, thanks for taking them, good shots.

Most Welcome. So everyone is aware, the shutterfly site uploaded all of my shots at low res, i dunno why. I will reload eventually - like when the bosses say I can. If you have specific requests, PM me and I will get them to you. I'm working on the second weekend shots which I think are much better (better breeze and better lighting), so stay tuned. Thanks for coming to play with us.

Nice going!

Great racing against you guys. Already looking forward to Block Island next year.

Nice going!

STFU. Lose some weight!

Nice going!

John,is Uno Mas Hull #1 converted to a masthead rig and restored a bit and then sold by a Doyle rep in the Cleveland area? It had a outboard on it when I sailed on it but he had a inboard included with the sales price.

Yes it is that boat. The engine offered in sale price was never in the boat. He offered that as an option in case potential buyer wanted an inboard.

After racing the past two weekends I now know why espo hates 105's. 6 minutes isn't enough of a head start for those clowns. Watching them the first week set kites at the weather mark and not make the offset was amusing. Sad part is the tacks they did with the spinnaker up to get around the offset was better than some of the gybes I saw.

After racing the past two weekends I now know why espo hates 105's. 6 minutes isn't enough of a head start for those clowns. Watching them the first week set kites at the weather mark and not make the offset was amusing. Sad part is the tacks they did with the spinnaker up to get around the offset was better than some of the gybes I saw.

+1

They are PATHETIC. Thanks for taking notice, nobody else does. I think they have become use to some of the worse sailors around.

It was nice to finally have someone to sail against. Thanks for coming down.

But Sailman is correct, strap a set on and race us level.

The last race was fun, but sucked losing it on corrected time to the same boat.

But not as bad as losing the first race on Sun on corrected time to a pathetically sailed J92 taking all kinds of pussy cruising credits that should owe me time.

I guess when you sail as bad as they do, the PHRF comm protects there rating, kind of like golf.

+1

They are PATHETIC. Thanks for taking notice, nobody else does. I think they have become use to some of the worse sailors around.

It was nice to finally have someone to sail against. Thanks for coming down.

But Sailman is correct, strap a set on and race us level.

The last race was fun, but sucked losing it on corrected time to the same boat.

But not as bad as losing the first race on Sun on corrected time to a pathetically sailed J92 taking all kinds of pussy cruising credits that should owe me time.

I guess when you sail as bad as they do, the PHRF comm protects there rating, kind of like golf.

Thats Ridiculous

Guess it was a good idea to pick the last 2 weeks for this series. Think looking at this weekend for racing would be a bit disconcerting. Glad my boat is on the hard.

Clowns? Pathetic? Worse sailors around? There are some guys new to sailboat racing in the class, but that's not what the j105 class is.

Why dont you j29er's stop jerking each other off and come race against the against the top of the j105 class, you wouldn't last a second. Remember, some of the better local sailmakers, past and present, have gotten beaten up in fleet 6 racing. And take a look at the NA results this month, Dennis Connor took third, beaten by two local amateur crews.

You guys should put up or shut up. Hop on a 105 and show us what you got, otherwise STFU.

Clowns? Pathetic? Worse sailors around? There are some guys new to sailboat racing in the class, but that's not what the j105 class is.

Why dont you j29er's stop jerking each other off and come race against the against the top of the j105 class, you wouldn't last a second. Remember, some of the better local sailmakers, past and present, have gotten beaten up in fleet 6 racing. And take a look at the NA results this month, Dennis Connor took third, beaten by two local amateur crews.

You guys should put up or shut up. Hop on a 105 and show us what you got, otherwise STFU.

utt oh... I saye samthing....butte notte siure abote youre wordeng heare. :) Some peopel gette upsette

First off FUCK OFF newbie

Second when the J105 class can actually stay ahead of me boat for boat with a 5 minute head start and with a time differenceof 15 seconds a mile, I will consider your advise, until then you and the rest of the class SUCK!

wow i thought you were a sock puppet, but with a statement like that you must really be a noob. welcome to sailing anarchy!!!

Sailors can win under PHRF, IRC, ORR - whatever - until the cows come home.

In my book they have nothing, until they have done well in a few competitive OD events.

Sorry.., but that's what I think...

Sailors can win under PHRF, IRC, ORR - whatever - until the cows come home.

In my book they have nothing, until they have done well in a few competitive OD events.

Sorry.., but that's what I think...

Been there won that too!

I mean done that!

Blowhard.

You know 7070, they are all a game just the same. If a boat can win under different rating rules, meaning they are not optimized for any specific rule or set of circumstances and across a host of venues, then you know that boat, that team, has it firing on all cylinders. In fact you could argue that if you can win under multiple rules and events against a range of designs, that well trumps being able to get a OD boat up to speed.

I can tell you that the WLIS J105 sailors are NOT the best around! The truly do suck........pretty bad actually. I really loved the first day of sailing when the offset mark was set higher than the WW mark and the j105's couldn't fetch the offset after setting after the WW mark. Several of them tried to tack over with the kite up! Fucking hacks!

Also, a good portion of the Uno Mas crew sail a J24 in the Newport RI fleet. I think they finished 4th overall for the season last year they sailed.(2011 season I think). They have sailed in an ultra competetive OD fleet and still have come out well.

Good sailors are good sailors.

I can tell you that the WLIS J105 sailors are NOT the best around! The truly do suck........pretty bad actually. I really loved the first day of sailing when the offset mark was set higher than the WW mark and the j105's couldn't fetch the offset after setting after the WW mark. Several of them tried to tack over with the kite up! Fucking hacks!

Also, a good portion of the Uno Mas crew sail a J24 in the Newport RI fleet. I think they finished 4th overall for the season last year they sailed.(2011 season I think). They have sailed in an ultra competetive OD fleet and still have come out well.

And they sucked, so you you imagine how bad the rest of the sailors on western LIS are

And they sucked, so you you imagine how bad the rest of the sailors on western LIS are

Nice! LOL.

Hey folks unfortunately Shutterfly no longer offers downloading of photos at full resolution from a share site. I know they used to, but I guess they realized that nobody was going to place orders for anything if they allowed people to just grab them. They say that the size of the photos that you can download is "print quality". This is bullshit and is really pissing me off. It is an interesting observation that the lack of ability to download full size comes just after Shutterfly took over the Kodak site. You used to be able to download full size on both sites.

If you would like any of the photos on http://2012manhasset...shutterfly.com/ at full size, just pm me and I will email them to you. Sorry about this.

My first blue water trip was with Circe (a PJ41) after she won her class in the 1976

Bermuda race.

She was sailed out of the Knickerbocker Club,owner Mr E Greene.We sailed from

Bermuda to Long Island. Thank you Mr Greene.

Name remembered, contacts available? A lassie in our local pub, Newcastle upon, Uk

said that her father worked at the Club. It's a small world!

Happy memories

David Hudson

UK: Int 14

SA: Flying Dutchman

Bermuda: 5o5 and offshore.

From NOR:

Courses will be signaled from the Race Committee (RC) boats stationed within a six-mile radius of Execution Rocks. Courses will be set mark courses set in Western Long Island Sound east of Execution Rocks for all classes, with the following exception: If conditions permit, one long course around government marks.

So the Wing Nuts from Huntington and beyond can get their boats back out east. ;)

Why 1 day less?

(edit: Not criticizing - I'm sure there's a good reason. Just curious)

So the Wing Nuts from Huntington and beyond can get their boats back out east. ;)

Theire smalle patattoes. the bigge wingutte)s) our rite accroste the sonde.

I'm not exactly sure why one day less. I guess it gives everyone time to recover from the party on the 19th. I am no longer a member at MBYC, but I agreed to run the weather mark boat and take pictures. We moved to Stamford last September (just in time for Sandy). And joined Noroton.

Theire smalle patattoes. the bigge wingutte)s) our rite accroste the sonde.

Now you're spelling like Dan Quayle, Snags? (or is it Dan Quail?)

Only 15 boats entered? Weak!

I forget, is 15 more or less than last year one month out?

You'll have to ask Left Hook. He is the resident useless stat keeper. He can probably send you a chart if you're into that kind of thing.

Don't forget your white shirt this weekend Wesley

I should go looking for a bright orange tech shirt... just to frustrate you

If you did that you might end up with orange hand prints across your face. Not from me though, I'm too nice. Others, not so much.

Don't forget your white shirt this weekend Wesley

I should go looking for a bright orange tech shirt... just to frustrate you

three words; White Cheddar Popcorn

Why 1 day less?

(edit: Not criticizing - I'm sure there's a good reason. Just curious)

Because Manhasset Bay Yacht Club only has a three day supply of Cheez Doodles.

Stille canne be dangere us in the bbarre.

Your call means nothing!

Four days to go. PHRF breaks? Here's my call:

attachicon.gifMBYFS2013.JPG

AMENDMENT #1 - 9/10/2013
OCTOBER 19, 20, 26, 2013
Fundraiser to support ALS Research in conjunction
with the ALS Association
honoring founder JOHN B. THOMSON, JR.
ADD THIS SENTENCE TO #1.3 FOR ALL CLASSES EXCEPT J105S:
1.3 Any “Rock Star” added to a boat’s crew though the fundraising contest will excluded in the calculation of a boat’s
crew weight under the rules. The “Rock Stars” will be listed on the MBYC web site along with the boat on which
they will sail.
Sailing's "rock stars" who will race on the boat with the highest donation
Dawn Riley Ralf Steitz Suzy Leech Tony Reaper Espo Left Hook No.6
DEADLINE FOR "Rock Star" Fund-raising - Thursday, Oct. 17 NOON

I'd like to see them press that issue

SIs are posted.

RE 1.5: Interesting to read that US Sailing Appeals Committee and SI's rules can supersede IMO, MARPOL, NPDES, US Federal Law and NY State Law.

Norderlys will probably take them out at at least one start.

chris dragon in irc 2? racing against j109s oh yeah thats fair, glad im not in that mess

They actually might even take us out at our start, oh wait we could manage to do that ourselves

Norderlys will probably take them out at at least one start.

chris dragon in irc 2? racing against j109s oh yeah thats fair, glad im not in that mess

Ey yo Big,

Fuck bitches, get money.. fuck niggaz, get money

really, only 7 105's on scratch sheet???

That means only 7 of them for me to get around, :lol: that's a good thing! ;)

I'l wave give you the Italian salute as you pass us ;-)

That means only 7 of them for me to get around, :lol: that's a good thing! ;)

I hope some of the owners show up with their checkbooks tomorrow because the amount of money that was donated to this excellent cause has been embarrassing up to this point.

I hope some of the owners show up with their checkbooks tomorrow because the amount of money that was donated to this excellent cause has been embarrassing up to this point.

is the Tent Party this Saturday or next?

looks like the X34 phrf rating may not be right. Should be 102

are you rating the boat or the bowman?
The bowman is handicapped?