Old Motel

Manhasset Fall Series

Looks like the 44's had fun yesterday all 4 of them.

They pussed out today and didn't bother to do their little race, must have been to windy.

Manhasset doesn't need them anyway!

Great RC work both days and the hospitality at the club is 2nd to none! ;)

They even had coffee with fresh whipped cream, does't get better than that, with a shot in it. :)

who wrote this for you?
Ime heareng dissrepect, you havente erned the rite Mattwina.
no disrepect. Just curious.

I have earned the right. Which is why i wouldn't.

Looks like the 44's had fun yesterday all 4 of them.

They pussed out today and didn't bother to do their little race, must have been to windy.

Manhasset doesn't need them anyway!

Great RC work both days and the hospitality at the club is 2nd to none! ;)

They even had coffee with fresh whipped cream, does't get better than that, with a shot in it. :)

Wasn't out there, but I heard that Sea Cliff blew it off on Sunday because it was too windy for their RC boats. Lesson learned - Sea Cliff should NOT be running any regatta and should stick to catering sweet sixteens.

C32 was flying downwind on Sunday: they even beat the J111s around the race course both races.

Are you suggesting they is grounds for a rating review and adjustment Billy?

Great weekend of sailing; some of the highest boat speeds I've seen in years. C32 and M32's were totally lit up. Impressed by the absence of major carnage in the fleet......good to know some folks can handle big breeze and not blow up. Anyone get any good pic's?

C32 was flying downwind on Sunday: they even beat the J111s around the race course both races.

Perhaps just saying the C32 was fast, kudos to a well sailed boat, it was fun to watch.

Years back I witnessed Mark Plough and company beat two Express 37s boat for boat with a Beneateu 36.7, I recall any rating adjustments for that.

Great weekend of sailing; some of the highest boat speeds I've seen in years. C32 and M32's were totally lit up. Impressed by the absence of major carnage in the fleet......good to know some folks can handle big breeze and not blow up. Anyone get any good pic's?

Yup!

I've got over 5000 shots. I just barely got started going through them. I'll do a shutterfly site when I get them ready. We were thinking about a slideshow next Saturday evening after awards. Til then it's busy, busy, busy, workie, workie, workie.

I've got over 5000 shots. I just barely got started going through them. I'll do a shutterfly site when I get them ready. We were thinking about a slideshow next Saturday evening after awards. Til then it's busy, busy, busy, workie, workie, workie.

Looking forward to seeing them!

Perhaps just saying the C32 was fast, kudos to a well sailed boat, it was fun to watch.

Years back I witnessed Mark Plough and company beat two Express 37s boat for boat with a Beneateu 36.7, I recall any rating adjustments for that.

A couple of keys in that, Plouch being one, M&M having masthead kites and a penalty pole being another.

Going uphill I often think the 367 rating is a tad generous, downwind is a whole other story. Reminds me of a town in Utah.....Park City.

Are the perpetual bridesmades on Smokin J gonna go hunting for Hustler during next weekend's distance race? After last year's exhibition of reckless endangerment it's only fair to expect that they'll display behavior worthy of being thrown out of the J/24 class over.

Are the perpetual bridesmades on Smokin J gonna go hunting for Hustler during next weekend's distance race? After last year's exhibition of reckless endangerment it's only fair to expect that they'll display behavior worthy of being thrown out of the J/24 class over.

They were about to try some of their bullshit at the finish of yesterday's first race that would not have worked out to well for them, their sailmaker had them make the right decision.

Years back I witnessed Mark Plough and company beat two Express 37s boat for boat with a Beneateu 36.7, I don't recall any rating adjustments for that.

A couple of keys in that, Plouch being one, M&M having masthead kites and a penalty pole being another.

Going uphill I often think the 367 rating is a tad generous, downwind is a whole other story.

Ok No. 6, help me out with the math:

M&M sailed boat for boat upwind with Soulmates and Laura Ann (who rated 72)

So, as you say, M&M was faster with a masthead chute and an oversized pole downwind. How much slower, seconds per mile, would you have to sail with your OD spinnaker and pole to justify your 90 rating?

Can't you just admit they were better sailors.

Back to my previous post, C32 Six Brothers are dialed in, greatly improved since last year at this time.

First off Bill, boat doesn't rate 90. Not in OD configuration. The only way to get to 90 is to have some credits, like a 144% genoa, (of as in the case of That's Ridiculous) carry a furling drum and thus do bare-headed changes, and/or take a crew weight limit credit. Like that.

The Express 37 is a much stronger boat across the board except upwind in 13-17 knots of wind. That is the only time the 36.7 has a slight advantage.

Downwind the 36.7 is so underpowered until you get into the 20's that it isn't funny. But of course you know this, you have seen how the boat struggles at that point of sail for nearly the past decade 16 Thursdays night a year.

Thanks for these photos, really fantastic stuff.

Of course you managed to get our epic hoist to roundup to roundown on Andiamo, it's a great little sequence and I think the folks on Leverage enjoyed the show too.

Well run series. Nobody does it better than Manhasset, on and off the water.

thank you!

Looks like great racing. All bullets for Hustler. Well done. Killed Smokin J. Thought they had closer racing in the past ?

Six Brothers did well too. That's a really cool boat. Fast !! Love the J88. They look like they are close to winning a regatta

I heard it from someone who heard it from someone else that Smokin J protested Hustler. I didn't see any indication of that on Yachtscoring. What's the story behind this? Any truth to it?

I heard it from someone who heard it from someone else that Smokin J protested Hustler. I didn't see any indication of that on Yachtscoring. What's the story behind this? Any truth to it?

Just the same BS, sore looser stuff. You beat me..... wahhh, wahhh, wahhh, The H is the best sailed 29 out there and there will be haters. If the racing was close the protest would be valid, but even if you gave the H a hit it would not have made a difference. If he really thinks he is that good, Tommy should race one design and see where he stacks up. Something tells me it would be a shot stack though.

Love the J88. They look like they are close to winning a regatta

I was hoping no one else noticed we didn't win anything all season. ;)

post-33230-0-04416600-1414420942_thumb.jpg

Love the J88. They look like they are close to winning a regatta

I was hoping no one else noticed we didn't win anything all season. ;)

Sorry I did not mean it that way. I love the J88. Hope to be able to afford one someday

Seems you guys learned the boat and got better as the season went on.

Good Luck next year !!

Just the same BS, sore looser stuff.

Yeah! there's nothing worse than a sore looser, ... good thing he didn't protest the whole class.

post-66960-0-94801900-1414428057.jpg

Does anybody have video from the drone that way flying around the starting area on Saturday morning?

Guy on my boat knew the droner. I'll see if I can get it and post it here.

Thanks to MBYC for the excellent hospitality they provided to the racers over the past two weekends. A big thanks to Sue Miller and her crew for their great work on the water.

Hopefully I'll see you all again next year.

Thanks to MBYC for the excellent hospitality they provided to the racers over the past two weekends. A big thanks to Sue Miller and her crew for their great work on the water.

Hopefully I'll see you all again next year.

Great racing and the best post-race spread of any regatta on WLIS.

Isn't espo being thrown out? Him and pitman are very quiet on here. Maybe we should check facebook and see what Neil is up too

I think all is ok and maybe a new level of quiet Corinthian confidence has infected the program in an Ivy League sort of way since Left Hook became a regular and upped their level of performance. Expect to see the crew in more pink and multiple collared shirts, with a sweater tied around their necks, on 80 degree days on Block Island next May.

I think all is ok and maybe a new level of quiet Corinthian confidence has infected the program in an Ivy League sort of way since Left Hook became a regular and upped their level of performance. Expect to see the crew in more pink and multiple collared shirts, with a sweater tied around their necks, on 80 degree days on Block Island next May.

But, but, it gets chilly sucking down those post race mudslides at Champlains!

Well, it gets chilly as the freshening northerly fills and the dew settles over your drunk carcass when waking up at 0400 to the sound of midshipmen doing some roadwork as they jog past the cemetery...... NTTIAWWT

Isn't espo being thrown out? Him and pitman are very quiet on here. Maybe we should check facebook and see what Neil is up too

Why would he get thrown out?

Your a newbie and specifically went to this thread so why don't you share why you care?

Raise Weeke is June, or somthing ealse?

Who gose theire? Teh Oar hase moeste expesive eirggo beste Mudslide.

nobody goes to The Oar anymore, it's too crowded.

nobody goes to The Oar anymore, it's too crowded.

Goode to no, thackes Yogie!!

Remember back when there was no tent at BI Marina? When all the festivities were at Champlain's and you had to explain to people to meet you at The Oar by turning at the field where the horse was just before you got to Paine's?

And while we are at it, who remembers all you can eat cold lobster claw night at Smugglers?

Remember back when there was no tent at BI Marina? When all the festivities were at Champlain's and you had to explain to people to meet you at The Oar by turning at the field where the horse was just before you got to Paine's?

And while we are at it, who remembers all you can eat cold lobster claw night at Smugglers?

No.6, remember when dinosaurs roamed the earth and you had to invent fire?

Yes of course June. Brain fart. But maybe they go in May to practice. LH is still in school in May.

I go to the Oar. so that's one.

Isn't espo being thrown out? Him and pitman are very quiet on here.

Protrest - yes, truthe to it - no, throwne oute - no, Quite - yes , notheng to see heare.

Thissis price of bing a rockstarm everbodey wantes a piece.

Your a newbie and specifically went to this thread so why don't you share why you care?

I don't sail any more because of health reasons but I still keep my eyes on the game. I really don't care what the result of this is but from what I can gather the dominant boat could get tossed because the protest committee listened to a protest that they shouldn't have. That would be a travesty and could potentially hurt a regatta that's already struggling.

No.6, remember when dinosaurs roamed the earth and you had to invent fire?

Nah but I remember when the STC and CCA rules were how sailboats were handicapped and you could anchor right off of Champlain's or BI Marina during BIRW.

" the protest committee listened to a protest that they shouldn't have." - do tell, please learn us.

Sail safe!

I didn't realize that protest committees had a choice in the matter as to whether they hear a protest or not.

Maybe 20 questions, I'll go first, was there a scale involved?

I don't sail any more because of health reasons but I still keep my eyes on the game. I really don't care what the result of this is but from what I can gather the dominant boat could get tossed because the protest committee listened to a protest that they shouldn't have. That would be a travesty and could potentially hurt a regatta that's already struggling.

I'm curious as well. How does hearing a protest hurt an event? As far as I am aware, a hearing was opened to determine if the protest was valid (and the counter protest for that matter). From what I heard, the PC decided the protest was valid, but the counter protest was not. There is a protocol to determine this validity, it is not the whimsical decision of the organizing authority. I think the PC decided that they did not have the documents or expertise to decide a protest that involved PHRF rules - only my view, your mileage may vary. I think it is the duty of the organizing authority to provide a protest committee and that they will hear any valid arguments that are placed before them. You may consider that a travesty, that we will have to live with.

So if House Salad is correct, and I know he is in the loop to some degree, and this is a PHRF certificate or regs issue, then PHRF measurer would need to clarify the specific infraction and whether or not the boat was in compliance. Since John is very good at the details, I would be shocked if this were a regs or measurement issue. So that brings us back to crew weight, which is something not held in high regard with this boat. That is not to say he is or isn't in violation of his crew weight limit, but that would be my best guess.

That said, the YRALIS PHRF Committee has in the past resisted getting drawn into these sorts of things. So what is at stake here is whether or not their crew weight limits are enforceable. If the PHRF Committee balks, essentially weight limits are struck down. That not only would affect the standard weight limits, but credits taken for crew weight reduction. Can of worms.

Maybe 20 questions, I'll go first, was there a scale involved?

is it bigger than a bread basket??

That said, the YRALIS PHRF Committee has in the past resisted getting drawn into these sorts of things. So what is at stake here is whether or not their crew weight limits are enforceable. If the PHRF Committee balks, essentially weight limits are struck down. That not only would affect the standard weight limits, but credits taken for crew weight reduction. Can of worms.

i am SOOOO against crew weight credits .

Essential element appears not to regard enforcing weight limits, but extending protest deadlines by a week when no new information is brought forward. How is that valid when a counter protest done on the same day is not? hmmnnnn.

I know when I was a young woman anything a week late was cause for great concern!

Essential element appears not to regard enforcing weight limits, but extending protest deadlines by a week when no new information is brought forward. How is that valid when a counter protest done on the same day is not? hmmnnnn.

I know when I was a young woman anything a week late was cause for great concern!

Judging by your avatar, it would make one wonder how you would end up in that condition. I don't know the details of the protests beyond what was said at the party afterward. There had to be something to do with new information gleaned at a later time that allowed the protest. I guess we'll have to pop some popcorn and see what happens next.

BTW last Saturday's pictures are almost done. I'll add them to the shutterfly site as soon as I can.

Why is it Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side is running through my head?

I saw Espo lurking a bit earlier. Sort of surprised he didn't chime in. Not like him to keep his trap shut.

or help it! It will give someone else a chance to win if he doesnt come back. He should take a few years off, let others win a pickle dish and come back in 4 years and show who is still boss

So what the hell happened here?

Unless SAILMAN called the RC a dishonest asshole and promised to boycott MBYC forever to go hunting, can't be much.

or help it! It will give someone else a chance to win if he doesnt come back. He should take a few years off, let others win a pickle dish and come back in 4 years and show who is still boss

Ist oune of thoise conterintertuitive thinges that rolle overt and over innier minde before mackes sense?

The boss is the bosse, let somoune stepup and chamge that. I askeng he come builde J105 fleetr, I cane telle hese temted.

I agree Sngaaie. Espo should sell the 29 and get into some other boat. Show what he is made of. Prove he can do it in something else besides a boat he has sailed since before he was shaving. Was a time when he and Neil were looking at an Express 37, back when that Level 72 fleet was at the top of its game..... he didn't pull the trigger and you have to just wonder if he was skeeeeeered to step out of his comfort zone.

Something else comes to mind, LH has been awfully quiet since MBFS. I wonder if he's lying even lower after his antics at MBYC last Saturday. Very good thing Uncle Johnny showed up when he did to take him back to CI. I wonder how may mob hit lists he's on? Did he even make it back across the Sound?

--Matt

Wespey hadde harde daye offe the watere, I felte sorrey fore him.

Marketh thy calendars! Someone hath felt sorry for lad Wesley.

But seriously, when can we put him on a milk carton.

--Matt

I agree Sngaaie. Espo should sell the 29 and get into some other boat. Show what he is made of. Prove he can do it in something else besides a boat he has sailed since before he was shaving. Was a time when he and Neil were looking at an Express 37, back when that Level 72 fleet was at the top of its game..... he didn't pull the trigger and you have to just wonder if he was skeeeeeered to step out of his comfort zone.

Espo and company did fine with Runaway, when the J35 was a class of sailmakers. (Not everyone wants a big clunky 37 foot boat.)

Something else comes to mind, LH has been awfully quiet since MBFS. I wonder if he's lying even lower after his antics at MBYC last Saturday. Very good thing Uncle Johnny showed up when he did to take him back to CI. I wonder how may mob hit lists he's on? Did he even make it back across the Sound?

--Matt

oh please..............do re-tell the experience for those of us who were not there....................

This may be coming from left field but perhaps nobody from either boats is saying anything about the protest here. You're right about John and the rest of his crew staying quiet but nobody from Smokin J is speaking up either. Just a thought...

Wespey hadde harde daye offe the watere, I felte sorrey fore him.

There did seem to be a bit of a fracas going on.

Wes performed exceptionally well on the water and was Wes off the water. Kind of a ying yang thing.

--Matt

post-33230-0-62895800-1414762743_thumb.jpg

Last Saturday's start. The pin is just off to the right of Dreadlocks. The wind was going left which was obvious from the divisions ahead. Was there any doubt how that race was going to turn out?

Wes performed exceptionally well on the water and was Wes off the water. Kind of a ying yang thing.

--Matt

Perhaps it is time to stage that intervention.

Well five days have passed since last race Sunday.

Any more protests? I think the time limit is still open for a day or two

Maybe we can find something in the photos!