Old Motel

Manhasset Fall Series

So much DRAMA in the WLIS crowd!!!

Yo, Blondie, we could use a fourth for Etchells in Essex, on Sunday??

Or, No. 6; but you would have to do foredeck! LOL

I have frostbite fleet ( I drick gin and chaise CD) on Sunday :( you guys frostbite etchells up there??
Onley kidding. :)

It's rye and scotch for frostbite season! And technically by configuration I sit in front of CD so he's chasing me, if anything :P

Here are some photos online for what it is worth. Not really sure what it proves, since Hustler admits they had in the past sailed with a -3 for being over the standard weight. I do love the orange life jackets photo though. Classic, especially since they probably smoked a bunch of boats with matching gear.

BIRW 2007 - http://regattanews.com/content/photo/2007/06/5714_0_2_photo_BIRW07dn_1733.jpg - No that is not 13 people on Hustler, but for a second I thought it was! looks like 7 including one small kid.

MBYC Fall - 2008 - http://archive.sailingscuttlebutt.com/photos/08/1024/fall.jpg

AYC Fall 2010 - http://www.photoboatgallery.net/p963474340/h8BC4E68#h8bc4e68

BIRW 2011 - http://www.photoboatgallery.net/p374176406/h3E0A73E7#h3e0a73e7

BIRW 2013 - http://www.photoboatgallery.net/p494990552/h68B2903C#h68b2903c

Here are some photos online for what it is worth. Not really sure what it proves, since Hustler admits they had in the past sailed with a -3 for being over the standard weight. I do love the orange life jackets photo though. Classic, especially since they probably smoked a bunch of boats with matching gear.

BIRW 2007 - http://regattanews.com/content/photo/2007/06/5714_0_2_photo_BIRW07dn_1733.jpg - No that is not 13 people on Hustler, but for a second I thought it was! looks like 7 including one small kid.

MBYC Fall - 2008 - http://archive.sailingscuttlebutt.com/photos/08/1024/fall.jpg

Never had the pleasure, but those look to be some beefy boys from the pick!! :ph34r:

2011 wasn't a 1D class and those big boys would put him overweight easily. He only won by a point that year so if he was illegal on weight we can take that pickle dish away

He only won by a point that year so if he was illegal on weight we can take that pickle dish away

Pleasae discribe howe, tacke us throuh thet prossess.

So there were sightings of numerous judges, international and otherwise, loitering around in the parking lot at MBYC tonight muttering about weight limits and validity hearings.

Has the issue been resolved?

So there were sightings of numerous judges, international and otherwise, loitering around in the parking lot at MBYC tonight muttering about weight limits and validity hearings.

Has the issue been resolved?

Are these judges concerned because of this website, or have they been following it on facebook?

I always appreciated Esposito's great insights into the sailing world. Now I find out that maybe his invincibility is in question. And I have been here long enough that snaggle's opinion is not worth a shit in regards espos experience. I'm so disappointed. !!!!!!!!!!

I always appreciated Esposito's great insights into the sailing world. Now I find out that maybe his invincibility is in question. And I have been here long enough that snaggle's opinion is not worth a shit in regards espos experience. I'm so disappointed. !!!!!!!!!!

i thouht youde be bettere liar withe so much pratise Halve a goode daye. :)

Don't sweat it Snaggie, just a sockpuppet. The little shit has tons of them. Makes Moondance look like an amateur.

So any word? Jury still out?

Espo fall on his sword?

Foisted on his own petard?

Skated with a pickle dish in hand but reputation scathed?

Maybe he just did what most people are doing and said fuck it with the weight limits and went sailing with his friends.

Don't sweat it Snaggie, just a sockpuppet. The little shit has tons of them. Makes Moondance look like an amateur.

Espo fall on his sword?

Maybe he just did what most people are doing and said fuck it with the weight limits and went sailing with his friends.

They our frends butte expose nott cassualle abote racing, wiche means Ime thicking no. :)

Does he also say fuck it with the flags and guns, I'll start when I feel like it?

Espo fall on his sword?

I have no idea. Are you saying he does?

Does he also say fuck it with the flags and guns, I'll start when I feel like it?

Espo fall on his sword?

Espo fall on his sword?

+1 for use of "petard".

Espo fall on his sword?

I won't call you by your first name but as the helmsman during MBYCFS on Hustler I think you know we aren't talking about 25 lbs here but like a full person and perhaps then some. While I think you are right about weight limits being played fast and loose, we aren't talking about the margins that you guys were protested for. While I think the weight limits should go, as I have made clear earlier in this thread and to members of the YRA board, I sure as shit don't think they should just be disregarded while still in play. Now beer cans aside (because it is tough when too many crew show up although if it gets silly we have offered up crew to other boats or RC), if I sailed on a boat that regularly pushed the rules in this or any other fashion, I surely would find another ride than be labeled as one who is a cheater himself. Sorry, but that is the reality and you should think about what that says about you. Loyalty is a wonderful thing and Johnnie should think himself lucky to have such people as members of his crew. So it is a shame if heels get dug in and you all go down together.

Espo fall on his sword?

+1 for use of "petard".

No points for using "Foisted"?

Espo fall on his sword?

I won't call you by your first name but as the helmsman during MBYCFS on Hustler I think you know we aren't talking about 25 lbs here but like a full person and perhaps then some. While I think you are right about weight limits being played fast and loose, we aren't talking about the margins that you guys were protested for. While I think the weight limits should go, as I have made clear earlier in this thread and to members of the YRA board, I sure as shit don't think they should just be disregarded while still in play. Now beer cans aside (because it is tough when too many crew show up although if it gets silly we have offered up crew to other boats or RC), if I sailed on a boat that regularly pushed the rules in this or any other fashion, I surely would find another ride than be labeled as one who is a cheater himself. Sorry, but that is the reality and you should think about what that says about you. Loyalty is a wonderful thing and Johnnie should think himself lucky to have such people as members of his crew. So it is a shame if heels get dug in and you all go down together.

Everybody knows Hustler has/was sailing overweight. The pictures are the proof.

They may get away with it but like someone said before "you can win and keep the pickle dish but when you lose the respect of your competitors is it really worth it". This will follow Hustler for a long time. They had better be smart with the crew weight in the future because they will have a target on there back. I do not think Hustler has a lot of friends in the J 29 class and they would love to screw H over. Rules are rules they have to be follow them whether you believe in them or not

Don't sweat it Snaggie, just a sockpuppet. The little shit has tons of them. Makes Moondance look like an amateur.So any word? Jury still out?Espo fall on his sword?Foisted on his own petard?Skated with a pickle dish in hand but reputation scathed?

+1 for use of "petard".

Should have been 'hoisted' just sayin'

Cheers,

MikeR

Don't sweat it Snaggie, just a sockpuppet. The little shit has tons of them. Makes Moondance look like an amateur.So any word? Jury still out?Espo fall on his sword?Foisted on his own petard?Skated with a pickle dish in hand but reputation scathed?

+1 for use of "petard".

Should have been 'hoisted' just sayin'

Cheers,

MikeR

I have always had an issue with that. Foisted is a much better fit.

The pictures are the proof.

Pictures are speculation. Scales are proof. Don't confuse the two.

So you are saying Johnnie doesn't know how much his crew weighs?

Fukin sea lawyers.

Everybody knows Hustler has/was sailing overweight. The pictures are the proof.

They may get away with it but like someone said before "you can win and keep the pickle dish but when you lose the respect of your competitors is it really worth it". This will follow Hustler for a long time. They had better be smart with the crew weight in the future because they will have a target on there back. I do not think Hustler has a lot of friends in the J 29 class and they would love to screw H over. Rules are rules they have to be follow them whether you believe in them or not

I thick ist notte abote rulles at alle.

The pictures are the proof.

Pictures are speculation. Scales are proof. Don't confuse the two.

Come on man. Anyone with eyes can see whats going on. I could probably guess most of the crews weight within 10ish pounds. Fourteen years of wrestling makes you pretty good at sizing people up.

I'm saying all of the rules apply all of the time. Cheating on weight and cheating on the race course are the same thing. You can't choose which rules you'll obey, and if you don't have the integrity and the balls to own up when you know you cheated, you don't belong in the sport at all. Is that pretty clear?

I have no idea. Are you saying he does?

Espo fall on his sword?

Par Avion. Take a shot at guessing the Hustler crew eight. I bet you're not even close. But wait, we'll never know for sure because a scale wasn't used at the time. pity.

No 6, do you think "I hate Everyone" gives a flying fuck what you or anybody else thinks about him? LOL.

Johnnysailor, there is NO J29 class. Hustler has been(for the last few years) and will continue to be a PHRF racer.

]I'm saying all of the rules apply all of the time. Cheating on weight and cheating on the race course are the same thing. You can't choose which rules you'll obey, and if you don't have the integrity and the balls to own up when you know you cheated, you don't belong in the sport at all. Is that pretty clear?

Very well said !!!!

Par Avion. Take a shot at guessing the Hustler crew eight. I bet you're not even close. But wait, we'll never know for sure because a scale wasn't used at the time. pity.

No 6, do you think "I hate Everyone" gives a flying fuck what you or anybody else thinks about him? LOL.

Johnnysailor, there is NO J29 class. Hustler has been(for the last few years) and will continue to be a PHRF racer.

Choose a photo clear enough to make a guesstimate on and I'll come pretty damned close. Either way, those fat fucks make Hustler overweight and therefore a bunch of cheaters.

Scale or no scale, Isn't the fact that Huster, after racing the first weekend, contacted the yralis phrf committee before the second weekend to change their rating from 114 to 111, proof enough they were cheating in every race the first weekend? Did they go buy a 160% jib from musician? Did they they ask the xlr8 crew for a carbon beam of destiny and install it before the distance race? No...they were overweight for every race in the series but one. And how a regatta can rescore a race with a new rating after racing is beyond fair racing.

If the boat is no longer an OD boat, but the owner continues to sail with OD crew weight, show up at 108, crush the fleet and go back to being a pompous dick after you crush everyone with a fair rating. Or maybe, after the deafening silence of the past two weeks, the guy realized he is much more productive at work and life if he stops with the SA antics we are all too familiar with.

Scale or no scale, Isn't the fact that Huster, after racing the first weekend, contacted the yralis phrf committee before the second weekend to change their rating from 114 to 111, proof enough they were cheating in every race the first weekend? Did they go buy a 160% jib from musician? Did they they ask the xlr8 crew for a carbon beam of destiny and install it before the distance race? No...they were overweight for every race in the series but one. And how a regatta can rescore a race with a new rating after racing is beyond fair racing.

If the boat is no longer an OD boat, but the owner continues to sail with OD crew weight, show up at 108, crush the fleet and go back to being a pompous dick after you crush everyone with a fair rating. Or maybe, after the deafening silence of the past two weeks, the guy realized he is much more productive at work and life if he stops with the SA antics we are all too familiar with.

No YRALIS didn;t contact them to change their phrf...........

I think it's fair to say the reason for the change the 2nd weekend was to add his old man as a crewmember. But the old man didn't come out.

FWIW. Draw your own conclusions. I have no idea what they weighed but we know LHs head is empty so that can't be much.

YRALIS - the attention whores seem to be acting like this subject has never come up before. Read the committee minutes. It has lots of times. How has the YRALIS responded so far?

What recommendations have they made? What is their opinion? Lots of races waive limits and credits already. Don't wait for YRA, petition the OAs to waive them.

As far as I know Edith, you can't change your cert on a weekly basis depending on what sails you want to use or how much weight you want to carry. If that were the case, we would all be looking at the weather and change our cert two days before the regatta for optimal config for the predicted conditions. So how the cert changed at that late date is a mystery to me.

The Phrf committee functions as its own animal. The board can recommend they review the concept of weight limits etc. but their decision in that regard is what we abide by. Current rules are the current rules. Racers and O.A.s and Race Commmittees choose to play by the rules or look the other way.

With the Yachtscoring sign-up functions, no real PHRF certs or IRC certs are actually sent in anymore-you check the box, you type in your rating and it is up to the O.A. of that individual race or regatta to check to make sure that you do possess an active membership in either rating system and are not using your cert from 1998 and that the number you wrote down is actually the right number. How many O.A.s or Race Committees do you think actually check this?

You are correct in taking it to the individual race's OA. Much like Stamford Vineyard Race, in IRC, allows extra sails and extra weight-that's their call.

all right everyone step back a second and let's take a look at all the pictures from the event, look at the weight limits of all the boats in the pictures, then take a look at the crews.

after much investigation it can be determined that there were many boats racing overweight and a good percentage of them were at the top of their fleet.

This is a continuing investigation

Captain Jocko Bolovien

PPOLIS

now accepting applications

all right everyone step back a second and let's take a look at all the pictures from the event, look at the weight limits of all the boats in the pictures, then take a look at the crews.

after much investigation it can be determined that there were many boats racing overweight and a good percentage of them were at the top of their fleet.

Captain Jocko Bolovien

PPOLIS

applications for beefy rail meat??

He probably doesn't care in the least, which is why he is good with cheating. Laugh all you want. I love it when folks frame themselves in such a fashion.

Give 'em back Espo. Give 'em all back.

I think it's fair to say the reason for the change the 2nd weekend was to add his old man as a crewmember. But the old man didn't come out.

FWIW. Draw your own conclusions. I have no idea what they weighed but we know LHs head is empty so that can't be much.

And Edith, that was Johnnies story to tell. The reason I say this is that I found it to be an interesting tale. Right up there with saying he didn't know what his crew weighed or whether they were telling the truth when asked.

So sad. And we wonder why the sport is contracting at an alarming rate.

Phrf Cert. can be changed once per season. Why not in the middle of a multi day regatta?

I wouldn't do it, but not sure its illegal. Who is changing it on weekly basis?

Applications for a certified scale man(and a certified scale)?

I hear MBYC is hiring!

Take a look at the crew on the Santana 30/30 if you want to witch hunt. Shouldn't they retire as well?

Par Avion, you find the photo where its "clear enough". You're the one making the unsubstantiated claims. Burden of proof is on you my friend.

Now use your X-ray vision to see under the multiple layers of clothes/oilers/gear etc and take your best shot. That's the problem with "guessing", its just that. They invented scales for a reason.

No 6. Just curious, do you race PHRF?

Do you have a boat of your own? If so, do you know the weight of all your crew, even the odd pick up crew which everybody inevitably has onboard at some point or another.

Have you verified their weights? If you haven't than you sure as shit should.

I hear MBYC is hiring!

Take a look at the crew on the Santana 30/30 if you want to witch hunt. Shouldn't they retire as well?

Par Avion, you find the photo where its "clear enough". You're the one making the unsubstantiated claims. Burden of proof is on you my friend.

Now use your X-ray vision to see under the multiple layers of clothes/oilers/gear etc and take your best shot. That's the problem with "guessing", its just that. They invented scales for a reason.

Let's play a game of fuck off.

You go first.

fucking wanker

Do you have a boat of your own? If so, do you know the weight of all your crew, even the odd pick up crew which everybody inevitably has onboard at some point or another.

Race all types of systems but yes primarily PHRF. Sold my boat but when weight limits were in effect, I sure as shit knew what everyone weighed. Boat I have been campaigning the past 7 seasons, a first 367 doing mostly distance racing we regularly discuss weight when making crew considerations. This isn't much different from making sure you have the correct sails onboard for the race you are competing in and not carrying ones that would make you violate that limit as per your cert.

Boat I sailed on for 3 years prior to the current ride, another 367, same deal. Although the events were a mix of WL and distance. Still asked the crew their weights and complied.

Prior to that I sailed pretty much strictly WL work on an Express 37. Sailed on her for a decade +. And yes, we always discussed weight and based crew selection on ensuring we made weight nas well as conditions.

Same deal with the Swan 45 I did a number of offshore races on. I can remember that owner excusing folks because they weighed more than stated before we left to race.

All these and any others I have sailed on have observed and adhered to weigh limits in all YRA qualifying races. All these boats had successful to very successful runs and collected a great deal of hardware.

What's your point?

No. 6 just cures any overages by stripping clothing off the crew. Fair warning...

No Darling. I only do that if you keep standing in the companionway and have no business being there. Fair warning was given....

several times.

Captain Jocko Bolovien

PPOLIS

Thank you for your service officer

Any responsible boat owner knows the weight of their crew and races at or below the weight limit

if you don't and are sailing over the weight limit than you are cheating. Boats may get away with it but that doesn't make it right.

It would not surprise me next year to have boats come in from racing and are asked to have there crew weighed especially after this incident

It would just be nice if everybody played by the rules and we didn't have to deal with this shit

It would not surprise me next year to have boats come in from racing and are asked to have there crew weighed especially after this incident

This would not be participation enhancing and that is one of the many reasons why weight limits should be dropped for club handicap racing.

Par Avion, predictable response from you. Still waiting for the clear shot so you can guess body weights.

No 6, no point, just curious as I stated above. Did you ever actually weigh your crew? (your program)

Par Avion, predictable response from you. Still waiting for the clear shot so you can guess body weights.

No 6, no point, just curious as I stated above. Did you ever actually weigh your crew? (your program)

Yes. Both as skipper and as part of the crew.

Again, your point?

If you can't ring up your crew, ask them how much they weigh and get an honest, accurate answer, you need different crew.

Secondly, Johnnie knows this to be an issue. He is well aware of the situation. So don't go on pretending like he is like a victim of his crew not being straight with him. It is about as disingenuous as you could get here. But as you said about I Hate Everybody, you probably could care less. Me? While I hardly care what others think of me as a general rule, the one thing I would be uncomfortable with is others having pause to question my integrity. Your results may vary.

This would not be participation enhancing and that is one of the many reasons why weight limits should be dropped for club handicap racing.

Drop weight limits? what's the alternative?

Limit the number of crew? that will just leave smaller people on the dock (in light air heavy people will be dogs in the house)

No limits? name one competitive sport where there is no limit on the number of players on each team?

Weight Limits will diminish participation? sailing is a sport, sports have rules, weight limits is one of the rules for the PHRF class

Club Handicap Racing? do you sail in one of those fleets where protesting is discouraged "to preserve the informal nature of the racing?"

E. CREW WEIGHT

Yachts shall be rated within the following Base Crew Weight Limitations:

Up to and Including Base Weight # of (180 lb.)

LOA(ft) Limit (lbs) Crew Members

24 900 5

27 1080 6

30 1260 7

33 1440 8

35 1620 9

38 1800 10

40 1980 11

43 2160 12

45 2340 13

50+ Add 180 lbs. For each 5 feet of LOA over 45 feet.

LOA shall be mathematically rounded to the nearest whole number. For example, a 24.49 foot boat is rounded to 24 feet LOA and is

allowed a base crew weight of 900 lbs, and a 24.5 foot boat is allowed a base crew weight of 1080 lbs.

The base weight limit is for everyone aboard, including the skipper. Double handed certificates will be issued for two people,

regardless of weight. For other certificates, there is a minimum of 720 lbs., typically four people.

The base weight limit will be printed on the PHRF Certificate. Once per calendar year, the crew weight may be declared to be more or

less than the base crew weight, with an adjustment in the rating. If an owner decides that he wishes to sail with a crew weight less than

the base crew weight, this request must be brought before the Committee for their review. If an owner wishes to sail with a crew weight

greater than the base crew weight, the Handicapper will adjust the boat’s rating as found in the following table.

Adjustment

-6 Base crew weight plus more than 180 lbs., or more than 10% of base crew weight, whichever is greater. (The “2 and up more

crew” adjustment.)

-3 Base crew weight plus up to 180 lbs. Or up to 10% of the base crew weight, whichever is greater. (The “1 more crew”

adjustment.)

0 Base crew weight down to base crew weight minus 179 lbs. or 9.9% of base weight, whichever is greater.

Weight Credits

+3 If requested weight is at least 20% less than standard weight, and the difference between the standard and requested weight is

at least 1.5% of displacement.

+6 If requested weight is at least 40% less than standard weight, and the difference between the standard and requested weight is

at least 3% of displacement.

Boats in the following categories will not be eligible for weight credits:

1) Upwind Sail Area/Displacement < 15

2) Ballast/Displacement > 0.5

3) Beam/Length < 0.25

Annual

No 6,

Once again, no point, like I said before. Reading comprehension a problem?

You've actually weighed your crew for a PHRF race?(physically broke out a scale and had everyone weighed out in front of you) Every PHRF race that had weight limits?

Methinks somebody isn't being completely honest here.

You didn't ask if the weigh ins was for a PHRF contest or not.... which it wasn't. And I am being completely honest as is my way.

And you clearly do have a point just don't have the nuts to come out and say so. So drop the sarcasm and inference that I have comprehension issues.

Listen, if you want to say that you think this particular rule is one you do not recognize, that you regularly race your boat or on other boats in violation of the weight limits, just come right out and say so.

Implication, not inference.

Common mistake

'Reading comprehension a problem?' That is questionable. An implication.

'Reading comprehension (is) a problem (for you)'. That is a drawn conclusion. An inference.

Anyone know of a good steak house in SOHO?

Someplace trendy an out of towner would like?

anyone been to Costata?

www.costatanyc.com

I hear MBYC is hiring!

You go first.

fucking wanker

Why don't you go back to playing with your firehose, meathead. I'm sure you frequently use your expert powers of size estimation to tell all the ladies it's 19 inches long.

Squala has a valid point, there's no way to decisively prove espo is lying without people stepping on a scale. He's the head of my ebyra racing area and I would go after him if there was a reasonable argument proving with physical evidence that his crew was overweight. Nobody has produced that yet. He's always been open and honest whenever he sails with my skipper and I on Wednesdays.

Ummm, you are right mafia..... now do the math. Neil is what like 245 now a days? Espo like what 235? What do you figure Will weighs? 240 good? So there is 720 so subtract that from the limit of 1260 and we get 540 for the remaining 4 crew. So we are talking an average weight for those 4 of 135 lbs. Yeah, let's just forget the whole thing because adult males always average about 135, right?

Please. Espo knows damn well and frankly he should be ashamed of himself. And here is the thing. I can remember talking to Johnnie about this a few times. The gist was always along the lines of he didn't care and if someone made something of weight, so what, he would just withdraw. That it was about sailing with friends. Well apparently that was all just smoke because someone complained and Johnnie is trading his dignity for a little silver plate.

Sorry John. I like you and you can be madder than hell at me. Doesn't matter mate. Show some damn respect for a sport that gave you so much and do the right damn thing already.

Implication, not inference.

Common mistake

'Reading comprehension a problem?' That is questionable. An implication.

'Reading comprehension (is) a problem (for you)'. That is a drawn conclusion. An inference.

Anyone know of a good steak house in SOHO?

Someplace trendy an out of towner would like?

anyone been to Costata?

www.costatanyc.com

Haven't been there-so many good steak houses in NYC though--and of course, the trek to Brooklyn for Luger's is always worth it.

and I can only hope that your update on the protest is true....

However, do not attempt to weigh-in after Luger's...that aged beef is very dense

In other news, reports from the field are the protest has now been formally denied.

What little birdie were you speaking with?
It's my job to know this stuff.

As predicted in post 523.

I need to hang around SOHO this occasion for my guests. It's the new hip place. Normally I never dine below 34th or above 80th, And I never ride buses or subways with the common filth.

In other news, reports from the field are the protest has now been formally denied.

I need to hang around SOHO this occasion for my guests. It's the new hip place. Normally I never dine below 34th or above 80th, And I never ride buses or subways with the common filth.

Edith

I never knew you were such an effete snob. In case you haven't heard Soho has been the "new" hip place for the last 30+ years.

If the glove don't fit you must acquit.

There is a Falafel Cart on the corner of Houston and Mercer. The kabobs are to die for..... literally.

Missing out on some fabulous chow outside of midtown!! But yeah, the subway sucks.

If a person with any integrity, in this sport, is made aware of the fact that he is sailing outside the rules, he should simply withdraw. What kind of a weasel would keep a trophy knowing he cheated to get it. If the protest was filed late, the protest is not valid, but it doesn't change the fact that he knowingly cheated. OJ was found not guilty but Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman are still dead, and OJ knows what he did.

I hear MBYC is hiring!

You go first.

fucking wanker

Why don't you go back to playing with your firehose, meathead. I'm sure you frequently use your expert powers of size estimation to tell all the ladies it's 19 inches long.

Squala has a valid point, there's no way to decisively prove espo is lying without people stepping on a scale. He's the head of my ebyra racing area and I would go after him if there was a reasonable argument proving with physical evidence that his crew was overweight. Nobody has produced that yet. He's always been open and honest whenever he sails with my skipper and I on Wednesdays.

an equally predictable response from the most western of the LIS's wannabe juiceheads. Hustler has some of the fattest fatties on the shores of the LIS aboard. I do love the defense though.

Missing out on some fabulous chow outside of midtown!! But yeah, the subway sucks.
Listen Mr. Bitpitch, I was on the streets when Brooklyn Heights was crack dens.Don't tell me what's hip and what isn't. SOHO, Dumbo, these places were invented for Wall Street worker bees to form a class one step above the chinks and wops down there. It may as well be Kansas for all I care. Dinner and Dancing at the Rainbow Room after the MET. Then a girl can freshen up and assess a gents chances with a drink at Beekman Tower. That's hip. I don't need advice from a City Island clam digger. Puhlleaaaase!

Right on Blondie. If your man won't pay for a cab, you keep the curtains to the main stage closed!

Now does anyone know a steakhouse down there or should I pack a lunch?

Listen Mr. Bitpitch, I was on the streets when Brooklyn Heights was crack dens. Don't tell me what's hip and what isn't. SOHO, Dumbo, these places were invented for Wall Street worker bees to form a class one step above the chinks and wops down there. Dinner and Dancing at the Rainbow Room after the MET is hip. Then a girl can freshen up and assess a gents chances with a drink at Beekman Tower. That's hip. I don't need advice from a City Island clam digger. Puhlleaaaase!

Right on Blondie. If your man won't pay for a cab, you keep the curtains to the main stage closed!

Edithe,

Stiffelle! You sonde wildley aggitated fre such earley houre. Our you poesteng durring walke of shame? Costat ais goode, Balthazare ist down the streete, goode steakes theire to.

At youre age our theire stille walke of shame?

Snaggie I think the fact that Edith has been banned from SA so many times that (s)he has to dress as an old washed up broad just to sneak in under BJ's radar (which like everything else on that tub he purchased probably doesn't work) is a walk on shame in of itself. It is daily and for all to see. I couldn't imagine having to pretend to be a woman, because they never get banned on this sort of site, just to be able to play online.

Very, very funny stuff.

And Johnnie, give 'em back. Give 'em all back!

Listen Mr. Bitpitch, I was on the streets when Brooklyn Heights was crack dens.Don't tell me what's hip and what isn't. SOHO, Dumbo, these places were invented for Wall Street worker bees to form a class one step above the chinks and wops down there. It may as well be Kansas for all I care. Dinner and Dancing at the Rainbow Room after the MET. Then a girl can freshen up and assess a gents chances with a drink at Beekman Tower. That's hip. I don't need advice from a City Island clam digger. Puhlleaaaase!

Edith

I didn't realize you were such an old fashioned girl....rainbow room? met? beekman towers? they were hip when our grandmas were youngsters. now they are just places where fossilized geezers go to try to recall their youth.....or anything else. Maybe you should try a shell steak at Sammy's and relive your past.

I couldn't imagine having to pretend to be a woman, because they never get banned on this sort of site, just to be able to play online.

Nevere asye nevre, Sledde Girle ist oune who dide.

I dointe thick he shoud haft to, butte if wantes to we mellte then into oune bigge oune and yuse as overtalle cup. The Expo Cup, hase anise ring to it, especialley when you youre expo voise. :)

I dointe thick he shoud haft to, butte if wantes to we mellte then into oune bigge oune and yuse as overtalle cup. The Expo Cup, hase anise ring to it, especialley when you youre expo voise. :)
What an extraordinary idea!

The Expo Cup!

Just imagine a giant silver trophy on the table amongst all the other YRALIS perpetual trophies.

John could make a speech every year and the President of the YRA could hold it up for all to see.

(Did I mention it would be phallus shaped.)

So the two big questions from last night's YRA LIS Awards was, who broke Tom Sinatra's arm and why wasn't The Godfather there?

And in other news, BTBOTFA now has an unprecedented 5, count 'em f-i-v-e Winago, Widiego, Windiango, Winnebago, Winindigo, errrrr Windigo Trophy.

Nick L. promises to spell it right if Shooting Star can win it a sixth time!

So the two big questions from last night's YRA LIS Awards was, who broke Tom Sinatra's arm and why wasn't The Godfather there?

And in other news, BTBOTFA now has an unprecedented 5, count 'em f-i-v-e Winago, Widiego, Windiango, Winnebago, Winindigo, errrrr Windigo Trophy.

I believe the trophy reads Winidigo. It's a nice drinking mug. Keeps the D&S's real cold

for those who do not know what the Windigo trophy is: YRALIS Phrf distance award for boats below 93 handicap. Minimum 3 distance races to qualify. Shooting Star did 8 distance races this year. Shooting Star won 8 distance races this year................BTBOTFA and No. 6 pushed us hard to win (although JT wasn't around in body for our Vineyard win)

The SS crew is the best crew I have EVER been a part of and by far the most talented group of sailors I have ever been around...we would NOT have hit that reef ;-)

Congrats to the whole team............

I believe the trophy reads Winidigo. It's a nice drinking mug. Keeps the D&S's real cold

for those who do not know what the Windigo trophy is: YRALIS Phrf distance award for boats below 93 handicap. Minimum 3 distance races to qualify. Shooting Star did 8 distance races this year. Shooting Star won 8 distance races this year................BTBOTFA and No. 6 pushed us hard to win (although JT wasn't around in body for our Vineyard win)

The SS crew is the best crew I have EVER been a part of and by far the most talented group of sailors I have ever been around...we would NOT have hit that reef ;-)

Last year's said Winidigo. This year it says Wingido. Is that the sailing version of a mangina?

Last year's said Winidigo. This year it says Wingido. Is that the sailing version of a mangina?

the Italian version is Windago ;-)