Old Motel

Manhasset Fall Series

Time to start thinking about manning up . Disturbing trend of LI boats running home to hide under the porch after American Fall . All the moaning about light air sailing in LIS and than weak turnout for the regatta which consistantly has the biggest breeze every year. Take a chance , break some stuff you have all winter to fix it.

Hey I'm just saying WTF.

Time to start thinking about manning up . Disturbing trend of LI boats running home to hide under the porch after American Fall . All the moaning about light air sailing in LIS and than weak turnout for the regatta which consistantly has the biggest breeze every year. Take a chance , break some stuff you have all winter to fix it.

Hey I'm just saying WTF.

+1

Too bad the J44s won't be there. They do their own thing at Sea Cliff.

In

Why?

Chasin' Jeff!

Nice!

In for the first time

And most likely your last

In for the first time

Yes it will be. May sell the boat so have to race against the king once.

Elvisse hase beene deade foure a loungue time nowe.......

:)

In for the first time

Yes it will be. May sell the boat so have to race against the king once.

Elvisse hase beene deade foure a loungue time nowe.......

Did you licke Elvis?

Reminder: Late fee kicks in after tomorrow, 2nd October. $175-->$225...

They keep telling him to enter into the 105 fleet and see how he stacks up, well Espo finally did it!

post-420-0-93491400-1349171848_thumb.jpg

I wase abote yelle yippee! he broake dowen!! Hese comming to......then I sawe the sail nubber. I donte thick it will worke, they mite notisse the MHOB configation. Mabey chattere a 105??

I wase abote yelle yippee! he broake dowen!! Hese comming to......then I sawe the sail nubber. I donte thick it will worke, they mite notisse the MHOB configation. Mabey chattere a 105??

No, they rate 93 phrf OD rating, I'm willing to race them straight up.

Come on I start 5 minutes behind them and beat most of the across the line at least this gives me a fair shot against them now.

They keep telling him to enter into the 105 fleet and see how he stacks up, well Espo finally did it!

I can show you guys some of our 105 starting techniques

I can show you guys some of our 105 starting techniques

Unfortuately we've seen them! :o

• Late at the boat with jib furled
  • Late at the boat
  • Locked out at the boat
  • OCS
  • Wrapped around the pin

Did I miss anything?

• If you're late at the boat with no way to shut the door, just scream real loud & pout for the first 100 yards up the course. (or at least until the Skip clear ahead of you questions his own position)

Which winning boat is AG yachting on?

Wespy, whoe is AG?

For the last time, SSI is not Wespy

I doubt Peter Smith will be out there...

Wespy, whoe is AG?

Soory!

PM me with the name of the boat you'll be on so that I can wave...

Wespy, whoe is AG?

Correct

Wespy, whoe is AG?

Correct

Is INSORS?

nope.

Come on people less than 2 weeks to go, the late fees have already kick in, SIGN UP!

At one time this was the premeire event of the fall with the more entries than any other event, in my eyes it still is the best run and most fun event of the fall.

The race committee unlike American YC are very friendly and actually respond when asked a question and take advise from the racers. There mark boats don't get in the way at the weather mark and when they are re setting the starting pin between races the mark don't have some bitch driving it yelling at the sailboats with just there mainsails up in 4 knots of breeze to get out of her way, if you want to continue racing.

Oh did I say they also have a consistant formula for giving out the overall awards, it's not some arbitary bullshit, at the discresion of the RC crap like AYC does.

I have more reason for signing up but I think I coverd the most important ones.

Come on people less than 2 weeks to go, the late fees have already kick in, SIGN UP!

At one time this was the premeire event of the fall with the more entries than any other event, in my eyes it still is the best run and most fun event of the fall.

The race committee unlike American YC are very friendly and actually respond when asked a question and take advise from the racers. There mark boats don't get in the way at the weather mark and when they are re setting the starting pin between races the mark don't have some bitch driving it yelling at the sailboats with just there mainsails up in 4 knots of breeze to get out of her way, if you want to continue racing.

Oh did I say they also have a consistant formula for giving out the overall awards, it's not some arbitary bullshit, at the discresion of the RC crap like AYC does.

I don't know how anyone could possibly think you're a dick...

I don't know how anyone could possibly think you're a dick...

Common, hese trying help sailing, endes jussisify the meanes..... :)

Lest go peopel, macke it happene! :)

The spookie/sundari, benj/troll match up should be fun to watch.

Why?

post-420-0-25140500-1349291543_thumb.jpg

Don't you people have jobs?

This is what you do when you have a job. You, on the other hand, are in college, and should be spending every spare second you have trying to get laid. Hanging on sailing forums with a bunch of old men wont help. ;)

Why?

dont ask., he doesnt know.

( dont you have to be a customer to call him Benj?)

Why?

dont ask., he doesnt know.

( dont you have to be a customer to call him Benj?)

He cane no a customere an calle hime that to..... rite?

I hope it warms up for this one. Might be a could nasty end of the year event.

One can only hope and pray

So it's a power boat ride no matter what the weather is.

So it's a power boat ride no matter what the weather is.

Yes, after crushing the fleet

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women" Go Hustler

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women" Go Hustler

I licke that, "Expo the Barbarean"

HIJACK

As certain as the leaves turn color and 40 knot gusts come funneling down Mount Shippan on to The Cows, and young men shit their pants on the bow each October, the Mooshead Awards are right around the corner.

Get your nominations in!

And dont forget, there are awards for excellent regatta administration and R/C work, as well as for screwups.

So rat on your friends before they rat on you.

HIJACK

As certain as the leaves turn color and 40 knot gusts come funneling down Mount Shippan on to The Cows, and young men shit their pants on the bow each October, the Mooshead Awards are right around the corner.

Get your nominations in!

And dont forget, there are awards for excellent regatta administration and R/C work, as well as for screwups.

So rat on your friends before they rat on you.

We need to talk about an event that took place early this summer.

I'm just bummed that the season is almost over :(

This global warming things needs to kick in soon so that we can make Lloyd Harbor Fall Series a 'thing' again.

This global warming things needs to kick in soon so that we can make Lloyd Harbor Fall Series a 'thing' again.

Or people could go out and, I dunno, buy some long underwear and fleece for under their fancy high-tech foulies.

No weather predictions yet? Usually y'all are all over this by now. Breeze or no breeze?

No wind then good wind.

Or people could go out and, I dunno, buy some long underwear and fleece for under their fancy high-tech foulies.

Have long underwear, will travel. Get racing going later into the season and I'll sail it.

Did you do those regattas with Wally Hughes on Mon Amour?

No weather predictions yet? Usually y'all are all over this by now. Breeze or no breeze?

No wind then good wind.

C-

Should have been better but you get what you pay for.

we're planning an improved arrangement of 'things' for 2013, irrespective of climate!

No wind then good wind.

C-

AP, then distance race?

The scratch sheet can't be right they have a phrf division that spans -15 to 96......

The scratch sheet can't be right they have a phrf division that spans -15 to 96......

Sounds about right.

Shaving tomorrow or the morning of?

Sounds about right.

It's better to wait until you're in start sequence to make sure the trim job is extra fresh. I like my nuts as smooth as ping pong balls.

Sounds about right.

It's better to wait until you're in start sequence to make sure the trim job is extra fresh. I like my nuts as smooth as ping pong balls.

shit, we hit a wave and now I'm a eunuch

Sounds about right.

whatya meane "nowe"?

Sounds about right.

Steady hands my friend.

Hmm, the IRC class is the same size as the PHRF Non-Spinn class? how sad, I seem to recall somebody standing at the podium at last years award ceremony saying they would re-vitalize the MBFS IRC fleet in 2012.

The low turnout has nothing to do with the quality of the races or the party afterwards.

Hmm, the IRC class is the same size as the PHRF Non-Spinn class? how sad, I seem to recall somebody standing at the podium at last years award ceremony saying they would re-vitalize the MBFS IRC fleet in 2012.

The low turnout has nothing to do with the quality of the races or the party afterwards.

They did they spent in excess of 500k

The race starts tomorrow and the lack of banter is disturbing. Here are my predictions...there will be very little wind, we'll be celebrating the Yankees making it to the ALCS (because Girardi finally got smart and benched the drama queen) and I'm going to get drunk.

The race starts tomorrow and the lack of banter is disturbing. Here are my predictions...there will be very little wind, we'll be celebrating the Yankees making it to the ALCS (because Girardi finally got smart and benched the drama queen) and I'm going to get drunk.

You get drunk?

You get drunk?

Only when I'm around you. I'm sober all other times.

Ok, I have a question. How does Breakaway the 36.7 sail at different events with different ratings. The rule for PHRF on WLIS is 1 rating change to you certificate per year. You can't decide to sail 1 event with your #1 and another with your #3

Doesn't anybody that sails against them have a fucking clue? We have rules and nobody follows them, nor do the competitors know whats going on out there.

They sail at 84 SOMETIMES and 90 SOMETIMES. WTF???

Ok, I have a question. How does Breakaway the 36.7 sail at different events with different ratings. The rule for PHRF on WLIS is 1 rating change to you certificate per year. You can't decide to sail 1 event with your #1 and another with your #3

Doesn't anybody that sails against them have a fucking clue? We have rules and nobody follows them, nor do the competitors know whats going on out there.

Sounds about right.

You were never gonna use them anyway

Depends. If they go with double life lines, they go with 84. Single and they use 90. :P

Depends. If they go with double life lines, they go with 84. Single and they use 90. :P

Stay off this thread, you turned the Gearbuster thread into a dabacle. Worrying about some woman"s feelings. She better HTFU if she is to continue in this sport

What? That's Ridiculous!

What? That's Ridiculous!

What a great name for a boat!

Cheers,

MikeR