• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anthonyvop

2013 Atlantic Cup Announced

I can only hope that it's going to grow in prestige and popularity. It's a great event run by great people in great boats raced by great sailors with great stories. In short...it's great.

It was a lot of fun to watch on my computer here on the other coast - great program and excellent racing, but I don't see a transat 'feeder' race to bring the european boats over on the Class 40 calendar.

How many boats are there on the east coast - carribean?

It was a lot of fun to watch on my computer here on the other coast - great program and excellent racing, but I don't see a transat 'feeder' race to bring the european boats over on the Class 40 calendar.

How many boats are there on the east coast - carribean?

This will be the real issue here. 2012 was the perfect storm with the Solidaire du Chocolat and the Q2SM. The Atlantic Cup could be made part of the delivery cycle

Thanks to the once every 4 year Vendee Globe and therefore lack of Class 40 Trans-Atlantic races, it is possible that 2013 may not bring as many European entries to the Atlantic Cup. However, it is a great opportunity for more North Americans to get involved in the Class 40 and the race. At least 3 boats are on the east coast of the U.S. and available for sale and/or charter, two are listed here: http://atlanticcup.org/class40s_available_2013_atlantic_cup/

The 2013 east coast season has a great lineup of offshore races for Class 40s starting with the Pineapple Cup and followed up with the Atlantic Cup, Bermuda 1-2 and Marblehead to Halifax. And for the really ambitious, 2013 is another opportunity to race in the Transat Jaques Vabre which departs from France in November.