• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MidPack

DQOTD: Are AC72's only racing in LVC and AC finals?

I've looked at the AC site a number of times and it's not clear to me. Are they going to compete with the AC72's in (any of) next years ACWS events, or still with the AC45's? Seems kind of pointless IMO to keep playing around with AC45's now that (some) AC72's have launched. Sorry I'm so dense...

Had Oracle stuck with their earlier plan, there would have been a three-boat AC72 regatta during the New Zealand summer - Batmobile, the Tractor and the Luna Rossa Spacecraft.

But with the Batmobile undergoing major renovations, Oracle have decided to suffer through the California "winter" and stay close to home.

However, prety soon you will see the Italian Spacecraft out with the Tractor.

On long ocean courses.

Which, if you talk to Comrade Schuyler, is the way it was supposed to be.

P.S. If the 2012-2013 NZ summer is anything like the 2011-2012 rendition, California might be drier and warmer.

Had Oracle stuck with their earlier plan, there would have been a three-boat AC72 regatta during the New Zealand summer - Batmobile, the Tractor and the Luna Rossa Spacecraft.

No there wouldn't have been. Dalts had already vetoed the idea.

Ok, fine.

But, back in the dark ages, it was a go!

When is Luna Rossa going to splash?

Ok, fine.

Labour Weekend last I heard...

Seems odd to me. It's almost like Indy drivers racing Mazda Miatas for two years and then jumping in (existing) Indy cars for qualifying and the actual race. Huh???

Why do we want to watch AC45's race until July (9 months!) with teams beginning practice with AC72's now? And I'd think teams would be conflicted as they focus on their AC72 programs, periodically jumping on AC45's to race...

Ok, fine.

It was never a go ever it was mentioned as an idea thats all October 26 its plastered all over the internet .To answer this poor bloke yes Sir ?madam The AC72 was designed for use during the Louis Vuitton Cup And The Americas Cup Finals . There was a thought to have the boats race in the World series. taking over the AC45 That would by now be raced by Youth . Like I said this was in early planning And even before a AC45 had hit the water . Anyway seems you didnt even neeed a thread on this another Hastings in the makings .If you knew the dates already why ask