• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fred33

fair weather mariner 39

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience rigging a fair weather mariner 39 as a cutter. my question is this. a fwm 39 is rigged as a sloop,but the mast has a tang for a staysail forestay and a deck fitting that is part of the bow sampson post for the lower end of the syaysail forestay. Is this fitting at the sampson post supported adequately to handle the load of the staysail. I know the sampson post is located above the chain locker bulkhead,but i cannot see if it is attached to it in anyway to it? the sampson post fitting on the deck has a large flange base with 4 thru bolts. I would like to make this boat into a cutter rig.

Hobot, thanks for the reply! can you give me a lead or direction for me to go to get in touch with the "Guy" you know who knows the Fair Weather mariner 39 out here in Ca / thanks!

Fred, CA is Crusing Anarchy, post your question there and you'll find what you are looking for.

(there is a entry price to pay so be ready)

It's me Fred. Depending upon my mood and inclinations at the time I may answer your questions or I may refer you to my consultation service.

But given that CA is kind of like a bar we hang out in and chat about boats I'd be happy to give you some basic info on the boat.

Fred, when you do show up in CA, if ever, make sure you bring

1: Pictures of tits

2: A sense of humour

3: Some good food ideas

And get ready for some serious thread drift.