• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bclovisp

Archambault in trouble?

I read in the Seascape thread that Archambault (http://www.archambault-boats.eu/index.php?lang=en) "went bust".

It actually does not seem that bad yet, but it definitely doesn't look good either, since they are now in "redressement judiciaire" (somewhat similar to Chapter 10 in the US i think).

Their financials are here: http://www.societe.com/analyse-financiere/bateaux-archambault-378552343.html

Hope they get through it, as they have very successfully been making sweet boats for decades, both one-design (Surprise, Grand Surprise...) and IRC (A35, A40...).

I tend to believe that the failure of the ill-conceived M34 (Tour de France official design) didn't help... On the IRC side they seem to have suffered from the competition of the very dynamic JPK boats... and the pricing of the new A27 seemed high compared to a J80 or a Seascape27...

All of that is a lot in the current context. But i have no insider info.

Anybody here knows more?

Tough times for the European economy :(

C.

PM moody frog on this board.Maybe he knows. But I think its a lighter case then chapter 10.

They do an awful lot of mouldings for other brands too. That was actually bigger then the boat building.

Its such an iconic name...

It looks like they are much better off this year than last even 3 years ago they made less the 2%, IT is the way of the marine industry right now it is hard to make a profit even when all is going well without the GFC, I wish them LOT of luck!

It looks like they are much better off this year than last even 3 years ago they made less the 2%, IT is the way of the marine industry right now it is hard to make a profit even when all is going well without the GFC, I wish them LOT of luck!

Archambault : bonnes surprises en temps de crise

C’est désormais officiel. Le chantier Archambault, qui était en redressement judiciaire depuis l’été, va poursuivre son activité. Racheté par un industriel passionné de régate et lui-même propriétaire d’un A35, le chantier conserve aux manettes la famille Archambault. Et comme une bonne nouvelle n’arrive jamais seule, c’est l’A31 qui a été élu mardi «Bateau IRC de l’année 2012» par l’UNCL. Champagne !

Summary : a new owner now. who let the family Archambault to pilot the yard.