• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

estarzinger

super yacht awards . . ugh

So, latest International Superyacht Society(ISS) Design Awards and damn, what were they thinking - ugly a sin.

Here is the 24-40m winner (it's described as "an exterior of slender, modern lines"):

post-8534-0-23811500-1351348294_thumb.jpg

Here is the 40m+ winner, not quite as bad, but still wrong:

post-8534-0-03452200-1351348301_thumb.jpg

I suppose it is quite possible these were the only two superyacts designed this year so winners simply by default.

Posted · Hidden by MR.CLEAN, October 27, 2012 - spam
Hidden by MR.CLEAN, October 27, 2012 - spam

the north face ukdistinguishable styles with diverse features supplication, the north face sale in feedback to the north face uk the needs of diverse http://www.denalisale.co.uk/ destinations.

I see a field trip in our future. That looks like it will be a fun site to take down.

The Dixon boat has an old look to it. A 30 year old Swan hull with a silly deck that reminds me of the early saloon decks. The Briand boat has more appeal to me but even it looks like an exercise in knocking off a Wally.

some some of you must know . . . how many superyachts were actually designed (design completed and bid for build, I guess) last year?

Sail or power or both? We signed and started construction on 2 powerboats last year, (1) 130 footer and (1) 237 footer, with a 211 curently in build. We delivered a 164 earlier this year. I have not kept up with how the rest of the yards are doing though.

I'm not up to speed on motoryacht exhaust systems anymore.....do they exit underneath the hull into the water? (I was thinking about how pretty the ass end will be with the exhaust soot covering it).

Most large motor yacht exhaust is under water, either at the transom or near the aft end of the engine room with a reverse facing scoop to help extract the exhaust while under way. There is usually an above waterline bypass for use when the boat is going slowly or stopped to relieve back pressure and to prevent big exhaust bubbles from spraying all over when alongside a float.

FWIW, the Apple i-Sore. Steve Jobs yacht just launched:

Well that's funny.

Does that ass end open up and all sorts of 007 type water toys fall out? Maybe an i-sub?

Edit to add:

I clicked on the link and looked at the full size image. Is that duct tape on the headsail?

Alt_Best%20sail%2040mVertigo.jpg