• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cap10ed

East Coast Storm touches the Great Lakes on Monday.

The East coast storm has some repercussions on the Great Lakes. This forecast model for Monday Oct 29/12 shows some serious Northerly winds over most of the Great Lakes. With low water levels every where on the lakes the rise and fall of water depths due to the wind will make for some head lines if mariners are caught in the storm. If some of you have left your boats in the water to take advantage of an Indian summer it might be a good idea to see if you are secure for this blow.

Yes, 90 was closed. Too much water over the road from breaking waves, pretty amazing.

I heard a report early this morning that I90 had been closed at Cleveland.

Frank

Winds were gusting in the 50's on the superior shore here yesterday. We were getting some snow/sleet showers through the eastern UP from Sandy's outer bands. Amazingly huge storm.

Still raining and blowing here. It was reported that part of the Cleveland breakwall was washed away Monday night wreaking havoc with two marinas. Sunken and smashed boats, floating docks destroyed. Good fun and it's not even November yet.

Thanks Cap, we know better then to leave the boat in late, ours is sitting in Algonac at Sassy, nice and dry and safe. All our friends and family have hauled and destepped the rig, they are safe.

I should have looked at the live ship map to see where everyone was parked.

Did I hear right, St Clair low water is restricting shipping?

Still raining and blowing here. It was reported that part of the Cleveland breakwall was washed away Monday night wreaking havoc with two marinas. Sunken and smashed boats, floating docks destroyed. Good fun and it's not even November yet.

Joli thanks for that update. The focus was on the east coast and the Great Lakes were in the secondary bulls eye. When you have that much of a low pressure system with a northerly wind you better be on the upwind side of the blow. I hope none of your friends had damage sustained to homes or toys. St Catharines remains unscathed. Welland Canal shut down for about 10 hours.