• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

futravu

NKE Autopilot and Tacktick Instruments

We're looking at a new boat for our shorthanded racing (some long offshores, middle distance inshore in UK/Holland area) and one of the candidates has Tacktick instruments but no autopilot. On our current First 35 we went with Tacktick instruments and Raymarine Smartpilot and chartplotter, with the Smartpilot unit once dying under warranty (good customer service from Raymarine), and occasionally the two systems having a communications issue. The latter is cleared by power-cycling everything, PITA in the middle of a race.

Any comments or experience getting Tacktick to work with an NKE Gyropilot? The AP is pricey enough alone, much less with the instrument package.

Any furthther comments on getting Tacktick and Raymarine to play nicely together?

Many Thanks,

Chris

You would think that with Raymarine now owning Tacktick, you would get a lot of support. I have an email with a Tacktick question into Raymarine that has been ignored since they sent the autoreply that they had received it and would be getting back to me. My understanding is that there is one guy from Tacktick that came with the purchase, and he understands and supports the product- everyone else, not so much.

He did not do anything special, asked him about it as I heard that too. More minis have been doing this.

(i did sell minis, so installed 20 or more of them with al kind of AP combinations...)

Thanks for sharing that tidbit, it is most interesting. I would very much like to have a pilot of NKE quality at some point but there is zero chance I am shelling out for the entire instrument system to go with it.