• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Griffintamer

Challenged America / San Diego

7 posts in this topic

We have known these folks for years and they are some of the most righteous people we have ever known. If ever there was a good thing to get behind, this is certainly one. If we had the dough, we'd make this happen for them, but we don't. However, we know there are more than a few folks who could make a huge difference in some people's life experience. Might you be one of them?

challenged%20america.jpg_sml.jpgChallenged America needs your help! We have a group of recently disabled veterans who are great sailors and would like to do next years Transpac. But we need a boat!

Challenged America, an all volunteer program, has been assisting people with disabilities get on the water sailing since 1978 in San Diego. We are also veterans of the 2003 and 2005 Transpacs and we are determined to race next year. We are looking for a donation of a 45-70 foot racing sailboat capable of doing the race. If you are a boat owner and looking into donation let's talk. If you know a boat owner considering donation please let us know.

Of course any donation would be tax detectable as we are a 501 © 3 charity. Check our our website for info on our sailing programs. If you have any questions call Dave at 619-405-6770 or e-mail on the Challenged America website.

Thanks Fred for the tip....anyone else know of any race boats for possible donation???

What Happened to the Tripp 40??

If urban wants to contact me, I can possibly get contact to an SC50......there will be strings attached though.

Damn Griffin, it's not like you need to post you number in the forums to get me. my email is widely known.

What scares me is you want to put a bunch of gimps together in 6 months to sail to Hawaii. Anyone can sail at anytime to Hawaii. How about Racing??

If I get on a boat like an SC 50 heading to Hawaii.....it'll be a no holds barred trip. 6 months is barely enought time to prepare for a 2.4mR Worlds and you want to go to Hawaii??

I'll make some contacts but don't hold your breath. Maybe think about 2015 and plan a bit more in advance??

i'm holding my breath......i like the SC 50 plan...I have a backup but this is better.....