• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flatearth

Eight Bells - Arthur J. "Tuna" Wullschleger

He was legend around South Florida, among other places. And a delight of a man. He contributed so much to sailing, from dingys to Etchells to the Americas Cup. Thank you Tuna for passing along your spirit and wit to so many.

When I was a boy we rafted up with Elske. He was kind enough to give me a tour of his very beautiful yacht. Both he and his boat left quite an impression on me.

Fresh breezes Tuna.

Tuna and Fang are together again. Fair winds.

Amen. 2 Greats. Let the fun begin for them again.

Miss them both.

LZ

Tuna was truly a presence in the sailing world.....He commanded respect and was a fantastic example of what is right in the world.

I am honored to have known him and wish him fair winds!

The worlds has lost one of the greats. Hope he and Fang can keep a watch over all of us!

GME

Tuna passed away Sunday 25 November 2012, after a short illness. He was the 2010 recipient of US Sailing' Harman Hawkins Trophy and you can read more here:

http://raceadmin.uss...ophy_Winner.htm

Tuna was a mentor, leader and icon to the international sailing community and will be missed. RIP.

i

I am sorry to hear of his passing. Our sport has lost one of our true icons. I didn't get to know Tuna until the 90's. My first meeting with him was during an extremely contentious protest hearing with the Rolex Cup in the balance . He was so smart, direct and humorous that I made a point of seeking him out later to have a chat and a drink. After that evening I did not see him for a couple of years until at KWRW I came into a protest room and there he was. Before I got a chance to say how wonderful it was to see him again, he said ,completely deadpan, " oh no, not you again " like I'd been in the protest room every day since I'd seen him last . I'm smiling right now just thinking of that moment. Again, we had a nice chat and a drink after the protest was over. A couple of years after that I was a witness in a protest and when I walked in, he said again "oh no not you again. " I broke up laughing and said, " come on Tuna, I'm just a witness !!!"

He was so down to earth but yet one of the classiest men I have ever known . I will miss him.