• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dude

Advice on 33rd St. Maarten Heineken Regatta

Would like to sail/charter something 38-50 feet, want to be in the hunt in whatever class we enter. Can you tell me the do's and don'ts of this event?

Thanks

I need to find out who and what to charter, anyone have any real ideas?

Peter Johnstone. Gunboat 66.

I got the Owner (person with the money). He has it on his bucket list and I just need to provide the details. I would have to assume the best race boats are chartered already.

DOs

• Get into a racing class - Enter the CSA Monohull class with a Spinnaker rating,
  • Enter the Commodore's Cup as well - another day of racing for about the price of 4 shirts,
  • Contact Michele or Anna or Gerry in the St Maarten Heineken Regatta office for help finding your boat - there are very few organisers that are this helpful, knowledgable or friendly,
  • Get a boat that is set up for reaching - there is more reaching in the Heineken than in your average W/L or Gold Cup stuff,

DON'Ts

• Do NOT try to give up drink for that week,
  • Do NOT miss the 2013 St Maarten Heineken Regatta - it is sure to be one of the best ever.

DOs

• Get into a racing class - Enter the CSA Monohull class with a Spinnaker rating,
  • Enter the Commodore's Cup as well - another day of racing for about the price of 4 shirts,
  • Contact Michele or Anna or Gerry in the St Maarten Heineken Regatta office for help finding your boat - there are very few organisers that are this helpful, knowledgable or friendly,
  • Get a boat that is set up for reaching - there is more reaching in the Heineken than in your average W/L or Gold Cup stuff,

DON'Ts

• Do NOT try to give up drink for that week,
  • Do NOT miss the 2013 St Maarten Heineken Regatta - it is sure to be one of the best ever.

Good info, THANK YOU

Bumpity bump bump..

You need me to go look at a boat for you, let me know.

I don't think I'll still be in SXM come regatta time but I can go check that it doesn't look like the front will fall off or anything.

Seem to spending a lot of time at SMYC lately...good happy hour.

You need me to go look at a boat for you, let me know.

I don't think I'll still be in SXM come regatta time but I can go check that it doesn't look like the front will fall off or anything.

Seem to spending a lot of time at SMYC lately...good happy hour.

BJ, how long y'all gonne be there? gettin in on the 23rd and will probably grab a burger at JImbos or the yacht club.

fun hanging out at the SMYC during bridge openings aint it?

you should hang and enter your boat in the regatta ;)

Bump I'm not sure how long we'll be here.

Meeting my FIL and his SO (girlfriend in-law??) in Antigua on 3/6, and we'd like to see some of the stops between here & there.

But SXM is very seductive. Decent food, way better than the BVI's, and mostly reasonable prices on stuff. We joined the yacht club so my kid could sail fun boats while we are here (bar discount doesn't hurt either), there's a lot of cruisers here and we have friends...and happy hour watching the bridge! Some cool boats come popping out of there!

So I don't know if we will be there still. Depends on how a couple of things pan out in timing of getting work done, getting mail from the states, etc. I could end up waiting here til then just for the bloody mail!

I'll post when I'm clearing out of here if it's before then.

BTW I think you almost ran over me (and moealfa) in my dink last fall, assuming the boat I thought was yours was in fact yours. I was going out of the West river back to the boat anchored in the Rhode and I saw a boat that from the name and Anarchy shirt on board made me think it might be you. You all looked like you were prepping for a race night so I didn't approach, waving my arms like an idiot asking if you were aboard, and didn't have net back on the boat so I forgot to mention it...

Entering my boat is a HIDEOUS idea. I live on board...we need to raise the damned waterline now!

My mind could not cope with the weight and slowness in a race.

(null)

www.zenyatta62.com

wow, so what do you call the crewman who blends the margs and makes the canapes while racing?

Finally a real job for the afterguard.

Hey BJ, if you're still there tomorrow (24th) I'll look for ya at the SMYC late afternoon.

Flying down today but don't get in until about 10pm

St Martin Roll Call ............ here with Pitman.... anyone else? LOL

Hey BJ, if you're still there tomorrow (24th) I'll look for ya at the SMYC late afternoon.

Flying down today but don't get in until about 10pm

Bummer, just missed you. We left on the 11:00 bridge on the 24th.

We just pulled in to St. Kitts after a couple of nice days on Statia.