• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

what is it?

with respect to the man on the right, it is in the range of 30 feet... :-)

Cutout at chine looks like it's angled for a DSS foil.

Quest 30?

No, it has twin pivoting keels

Is it the new Paul Bieker designed Skiff that you can build at home?

- Any idiot can put this boat together!

or is it pictures of the Paul Bieker center hull of his trimaran from the molds that you can buy and go into the trimaran business!

http://www.ptwatercr...ft/Welcome.html

or am I covertly seeing if I can post advertisements and get away with it!

Seriously check out the skiff. If he could do the same for a 20+ foot i550 type boat I think he could sell a good number of sportboats.

C30 from Horacio Carabelli... new 30' Ocean Class in Brasil. There are 2 new boats coming out this week...

carabelli30d.jpg

I have no idea, so I'll toss out a caption on this photo:

You really want the starboard jib lead adjusted right now skip??

As said above it looks like a Heol 7.4.

One of those boats that looks good but massively fails to deliver!!

I think you might be right there.....

post-732-0-52929300-1354045141_thumb.gif

It sure is the C30

Funny in South America the amount of new sportboats that are emerging out there.

Soto 30, S33, C30.

This C30 is looking like a blown up GP26

Kuka light

Interesting. Except that Kuka Light came out of an immaculate autoclave in six major components. Thanks for the plug though.

I highly doubt DSS, that looks like daggerboards to me. Heol seems about right given the long chine. Forklift tells me it is too short to be the infinity 36. It is a 8-10 meter LOA.

I sail the Heol 7.4 bq prototype with my brother around the bay of Biscay and this looks very much like it ! But in fact I think it is a Kerkena 7.6, practically the same design, except heavier and crappier…

The Heol prototype was nicely built in infusion in Brittany and came with a carbon mast. It is a nice boat, and certified for offshore sailing, but afterwards production was moved to Eastern Europe and quality degraded. Boats' weight was not as controlled, carbon masts replaced with alu, and so on…

Pretty nice short video of the Heol proto surfing off Roscoff, Brittany :

Then Martin Defline sold a practically identical design to a tunisian boatyard and that was the Kerkena 7.6. Laden with a loo, cabin doors and all sorts of useless shit, it has to be terrible in light air (which is the main problem with twin keels). And many clients have had quality issues…

VEHULIAH 20 from Alicante: http://veuliah.wix.com/veuliahyachts

Wow, well done Ed. 31 hrs 14 mins on that one.

Is that a record?

Wha is it.

Looks like an offshoot of the I550 to me.

I Think the prize goes to Francesco http://veuliah.wix.com/veuliahyachts#!photostackergallery1=10