• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whispers

Help with birds

I have a few white cockatoos that have decided to eat all the gear at the top of my rig, so far they have destroyed the windex my tri light and the carbon wand and cable for my instruments, anyone from aus with ideas to get rid of the bastards

I'm engaged in my annual battle with the $(*%) woodpeckers. Seasonally, I also have battles with the starlings over my fruit trees and vines. The thing that works best is long strips of tinsel or other reflective material tacked down so that one end waves and flashes in the breeze. It doesn't last for long, and they can get desensitized to it however. I can imagine running a mylar balloon up a halyard, but don't immediately see any way to keep that from wrapping itself around everything up there.

I tried with a bb but with my eyes ill just pepper the carbon, anyway think ill take the wand off after sailing and tape a bucket over the top, thanks for the suggestions in any case

I am in year three of my battle with the crows. There is no end in sight. They have overcome most of my defenses. The only thing that works is an airsoft rifle, but they come at any hour, waking me before dawn, wearing me down. How much longer until reinforcements arrive?

I had not realized that the air powered dancing figures at places like automobile dealerships were intended to keep the birds away. thought they were to attract the attention of prospective customers. Seems like a great upgrade to the scare crow if it works. Anyone know how successful this approach might be? Pat

HUH? Who knew? But what you suggest does make sense.

Who would buy a new car covered in bird poop?

Hmmm....