• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hobie18rich

Thanks to Dry Armour and S.A.

Recently I was in the path of Super Typhoon Bopha.

Dry Armour took the time to do storm tracking and keep me updated as often as I could check his updates. He did this without asking and spent a lot of time making sure we were prepared and informed. We survived with no damage here due to a fortunate turn in the storm to our south but we were ready. Makes me proud to know there are people in this community that go out of their way to help a fellow sailor.

Thanks Dry Armour for the information and time you spent with me.

Thanks to Clean and The Ed for hosting the site and allowing this to happen.

From the Philippines with a big Thanks.

Rich

Recently I was in the path of Super Typhoon Bopha.

Dry Armour took the time to do storm tracking and keep me updated as often as I could check his updates. He did this without asking and spent a lot of time making sure we were prepared and informed. We survived with no damage here due to a fortunate turn in the storm to our south but we were ready. Makes me proud to know there are people in this community that go out of their way to help a fellow sailor.

Thanks Dry Armour for the information and time you spent with me.

Thanks to Clean and The Ed for hosting the site and allowing this to happen.

From the Philippines with a big Thanks.

Rich

Buy an ad!

:lol: .....

buy a shirt

if you really are Rich buy a hoodie B)

if not for Mark the whole frikin US would not have known about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I says aye!

Mark - you have been able to see this thing coming way, way, way before it hit. And zero from the mainstream media from NA until it was an "event" on Monday. We/you knew that because of it.

Same thing with Katrina, Sandy etc. We knew the feces were in the rotary air conditioner. Don't stop please!

I'm becoming a sort of weather geek because of it.

F18 - hang in there mate!

Good for you for speaking up. Ditto.

Mark did the weather rounting for the delivery of my boat down from San Francisco

It was late January / early Feburary in Northern California so really appreciated.

Yes I've bought shirts from him too.

Thank you all for your kind words folks. If I can help even just one of you save life or property from a storm then the work I put in to forecasting and then broadcasting my opinions is worth it. I hope you all have a safe and fun weekend. Thanks too to Scot and Clean for having this place for all of us to play and exchange valuable or NOT information!

Maxx, me too.. I am taking a meteorology course at the University of Maryland in January.. (yes, I am old and still in college.) :rolleyes:

Maxx, me too.. I am taking a meteorology course at the University of Maryland in January.. (yes, I am old and still in college.) :rolleyes:

Mom still wash your socks?.... :D