• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zac

San Diego crew looking for offshore boat, Transpac, Pac Cup

My regular boat isn't doing Transpac this coming summer and I couldn't get enough last time. I can contribute in all areas of the sailing and preparation. I organized an Andrews 70 for the 2011 Transpac and I consider it a very successful trip in many regards, safety, budget, and morale-wise.

I'm 29 years old, 220 lbs, 5'11", good experienced foredeck on all boat sizes and types. Competent helmsman in all conditions and just an all around good hand at anticipating failures, effecting repairs, electrical, electronics, cooking, and keeping the crew upbeat and working hard.

In addition to organizing the racing, I also served as navigator for the 2011 transpac. Though it was my first trip to Hawaii I think I gained a lot of knowledge and skills that could benefit another boat looking to go without such experience onboard or without the budget for a professional navigator. I can bring experience and ideas for cost effective nav station and comms equipment and I can bring a lot of my own stuff to complement.

So if you're looking to have a good race, ensure the i's are dotted and t's crossed, I can definitely help in all areas and enjoy the preparation as much as the race. I'm easy going, a team player, smart, and knowledgeable, but not cocky or egotistical. I'm also interested in other offshore races so very ready to become a part of the team if things work out. References available upon request.

Give me a call and let's chat,

-Zac

773-895-6106

+1. I've sailed a lot of miles with Zac. He'll be a great addition to any program.

I couldn't agree more. Zac is as solid as they come

Surely there must be someone in need of an extra? If only there was someway to decrease the cost so more boats could compete. Don't think the committee has any plans for that, they raised the sled entry fee $1000 from the 2011 running...

Guess I'll just have to go get a mini!

Surely there must be someone in need of an extra? If only there was someway to decrease the cost so more boats could compete. Don't think the committee has any plans for that, they raised the sled entry fee $1000 from the 2011 running...

Guess I'll just have to go get a mini!

a $1K difference does not matter to anyone seriously considering a Transpac. If that is the decider then the owner can not afford it.

Yachting is expensive.