Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bull Gator

Gun nutter sttrikes again

miscut, this incident shows that when bad people start shooting others, the way to stop them is to shoot them. He was not going to be talked out of shooting more people.

More people shooting so more bystanders could be hurt? FUCK YOU I WAS IN THAT WHOLE FOODS THEN. He was shot by police who arrived ASAP. Bystanders - unless they were crack internet gun nut commandos - weren't going to stop him. Fucker fired on the ambulance crew.

So who's bullet went thru the market? The cop's? Or the perv's?....

miscut, this incident shows that when bad people start shooting others, the way to stop them is to shoot them. He was not going to be talked out of shooting more people.

More people shooting so more bystanders could be hurt? FUCK YOU I WAS IN THAT WHOLE FOODS THEN. He was shot by police who arrived ASAP. Bystanders - unless they were crack internet gun nut commandos - weren't going to stop him. Fucker fired on the ambulance crew.

I don't recall excluding police when I mentioned good guys with guns. In fact, they are who I was talking about, since they are the armed people who stopped the guy. Cops are sort of people too, you know. ;)

But armed citizens do stop criminals all the time. Another one did it today. Just like every day.

Intruder shot by homeowner in Maryland.

Mr OCD, the Santa Cruz shooter should have been dead. Or should have been in prison. But legally, he was not.

But he did legally have a firearm. How in the hell does that happen?

Lots of people have blood on their hands for letting this monster walk free.

And did I mention this monster legally owned a firearm? The system is broken.

You are six times more likely to shoot yourself or a family member than an intruder. Odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Did Sarah tell you that one?.....

Its just statistics. Not your strong suit, I know.

Are you seriously stating for every 5000 annual shootings of bad guys breaking into people's homes, that another 30,000 homeowners shot themselves or a family member?

Really?.....

One of you's talking about gun-related deaths, not all shootings.

The other one's talking about any use of a gun, including just brandishing.

And let's not forget: the most common form of death-by-gun is suicide. Way ahead of accidental shootings or justifiable homicides.

I live in a city of 4 million dip shits, and I can count on one hand how many people have accidentally shot themselves or their family members on their property in the past two years or so. Trust me, in this town? Stories like that make the news, pronto.

Face it Eduardo, you've been snookered again by the AGN's....

About the same number who've shot an intruder?

Average year, there's about a thousand accidental gun deaths in the US, and about a thousand justifiable gun homicides.

Perspective: there's also about 20k gun suicides, and about 10k gun murders.

I think your 'factoid' of three justifiable homicides a day in this country are waaaaaaaay low. My guess would be that there's at least five to eight to ten times that (including L/E)...

I think your 'factoid' of three justifiable homicides a day in this country are waaaaaaaay low. My guess would be that there's at least five to eight to ten times that (including L/E)...

FBI numbers: add private citizens to law enforcement. Still closer to 500 a year than a thousand.

I got the thousand by substracting muders from homicides, so it'd include all the "we're not sure" cases.

Reminder: talking specifically about deaths. Cases where the shootee survives are excluded.

Pistorius had the addiction. Clear support of the fact that you are much more likely to hurt yourself or a loved one if you bring a gun(s) into your home.

http://news.yahoo.co...11378--oly.html

You do understand, doncha, that this is a case of premeditated murder? And not an 'accident'?.....

Pistorius had the addiction. Clear support of the fact that you are much more likely to hurt yourself or a loved one if you bring a gun(s) into your home.

You do understand, doncha, that this is a case of premeditated murder? And not an 'accident'?.....

Could be, might not. Either way, the young hottie would still be alive if Oscar had sought treatment for his addiction.

Could be, might not. Either way, the young hottie would still be alive if Oscar had sought treatment for his addiction.

And you know that he smacked the dog-fuk out of her with a cricket bat?....

And you know that he smacked the dog-fuk out of her with a cricket bat?....

Hey, coulda been consensual. I'm not going to pass judgement on what two adults do in the bedroom.

as for the "more good guys with guns" there were literally dozens of police there within minutes all well armed

I suppose those of us who live in the sticks are supposed to just have a pleasant chat with the offender until the police arrive? In my case, that could be 5 to 10 min.

From my State Constitution:

Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

You have the freedom to abstain from firearm ownership. I have the freedom, and right, to possess firearms. I will not give up my right. I will not obey a law infringing on my right. If that bothers you, seek counseling. People like you who throw the "gun nutter" shit around and are completely ignorant of the diverse reasons people own firearms, are the reason I have gone from being a supporter of gun control to a firm opponent.

My new favorite un-white guy just got a gig with the NRA. I actually suggested to him 3 months ago to see about jumping aboard, and now it's happened. Thank gawd, the NRA needed this guy...... .

Go The Fuking Colion!..... :lol:

[media]

[/media]

as for the "more good guys with guns" there were literally dozens of police there within minutes all well armed

I suppose those of us who live in the sticks are supposed to just have a pleasant chat with the offender until the police arrive? In my case, that could be 5 to 10 min.

Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

You have the freedom to abstain from firearm ownership. I have the freedom, and right, to possess firearms. I will not give up my right. I will not obey a law infringing on my right. If that bothers you, seek counseling. People like you who throw the "gun nutter" shit around and are completely ignorant of the diverse reasons people own firearms, are the reason I have gone from being a supporter of gun control to a firm opponent.

keep your guns just register them and get lability insurance we'll focus on the real problem - ammo

keep your guns just register them and get lability insurance we'll focus on the real problem - ammo

Gawd damn, you're nothing but just a moronic babbling mangina, looking for a bag of sand....

Please enlighten us on how liability insurance would work.

Based on actuarials, I think liability insurance for a law abiding citizen might be $5.00 per year.

The real problem is not ammo, btw. The problem is guns. Please try and keep up.

Please enlighten us on how liability insurance would work.

Based on actuarials, I think liability insurance for a law abiding citizen might be $5.00 per year.

The real problem is not ammo, btw. The problem is guns. Please try and keep up.

Should be the equivalent as an auto about 1,500 a year or so. The real problem is ammo with out ammo guns are not lethal. I say we follow the Israeli model and limit civilian purchases yo 50 rounds per year

Tragic accident my ass. This is nothing more than gross negligence from someone who should have known better. Laws are already on the books for this in MI. Charge the father and enforce the damn law.

Tragic accident my ass. This is nothing more than gross negligence from someone who should have known better. Laws are already on the books for this in MI. Charge the father and enforce the damn law.

Looks like he didn't break any laws. They aren't charging him with anything. Mandatory trigger locks would help. But that would make weapons useless in the event of a sudden zombie attack. Keeping your weapons unloaded also makes no sense, because an unloaded handgun is about as useful as a small rock.

Living in a home where there are guns increases the risk of homicide by 40 to 170% and the risk of suicide by 90 to 460%.

Guns kept in the home are more likely to be involved in a fatal or nonfatal unintentional shooting, criminal assault or suicide attempt than to be used to injure or kill in self-defense.

Having a gun in the home is associated with an increased risk of firearm homicide and firearm suicide in the home, regardless of storage practice, type of gun, or number of guns in the home.

Rather than conferring protection, guns in the home are associated with an increase in the risk of homicide by a family member or intimate acquaintance.

The relative risk of dying from an unintentional gunshot injury is 3.7 times higher for adults living in homes with guns, with handguns in the home posing a particular threat.

States with higher rates of household firearm ownership have significantly higher homicide victimization rates.

People who keep a gun in their home are almost twice as likely to die in a gun-related homicide and 16 times more likely to use a gun to commit suicide than people without a gun in their home.

A study of firearm storage patterns in U.S. homes found that “[o]f the homes with children and firearms, 55% were reported to have one or more firearms in an unlocked place,” and 43% reported keeping guns without a trigger lock in an unlocked place.

A recent study on adult firearm storage practices in U.S. homes found that over 1.69 million children and youth under age 18 are living in homes with loaded and unlocked firearms.

Keeping a firearm unloaded and locked, with the ammunition stored in a locked location separate from the firearm, significantly decreases the risk of suicide and unintentional firearm injury and death involving both long guns and handguns. These safe storage measures serve as a “protective effect” and assist in reducing youth suicide and unintentional injury in homes with children and teenagers where guns are stored.

The presence of unlocked guns in the home increases the risk not only of accidental gun injuries but of intentional shootings as well. One study found that more than 75% of the guns used in youth suicide attempts and unintentional injuries were stored in the residence of the victim, a relative, or a friend.

Looks like he didn't break any laws. They aren't charging him with anything. Mandatory trigger locks would help. But that would make weapons useless in the event of a sudden zombie attack. Keeping your weapons unloaded also makes no sense, because an unloaded handgun is about as useful as a small rock.

It is a violation of MI law to allow unauthorized persons access to your firearms. You can be criminally and civilly prosecuted for death or injury resulting in the failure to keep your firearms secure. You are made aware of this when you sign for your State mandated trigger lock with every firearm you purchase.

The law does not say your firearm has to be locked up at all times. It says you are responsible for what happens with your firearm. This father's failure to keep his firearms out of the reach of his children is not tragic. It is disgusting and irresponsible. This father is no different than a drunk who kills people with his car. He made a choice to leave his firearms unsecured in the presence of children and should pay the penalty for it, just like the drunk driver.

Disingenuous assholes like you keep clamoring for more laws, when we don't even enforce the ones we already have.

It is a violation of MI law to allow unauthorized persons access to your firearms. You can be criminally and civilly prosecuted for death or injury resulting in the failure to keep your firearms secure. You are made aware of this when you sign for your State mandated trigger lock with every firearm you purchase.

The law does not say your firearm has to be locked up at all times. It says you are responsible for what happens with your firearm. This father's failure to keep his firearms out of the reach of his children is not tragic. It is disgusting and irresponsible. This father is no different than a drunk who kills people with his car. He made a choice to leave his firearms unsecured in the presence of children and should pay the penalty for it, just like the drunk driver.

Disingenuous assholes like you keep clamoring for more laws, when we don't even enforce the ones we already have.

They are not charging the cop. I guess they felt he didn't break the law.

They are not charging the cop. I guess they felt he didn't break the law.

I've been pulled over for speeding and not received a ticket. I guess I wasn't really speeding.

there ought to be a law that requires the cops to charge him

At least my plinker .22 is pre-scary looking, it may be safe.

But if my pawn-shop semi-auto is being crowded, the threat is the result of ineffective firearms controls.

I feel that much responsibility lies among mainstream firearms users for accepting the NRA-type hysteria dodge, the non-control of ten million (??) guns every year for too many years.

Glamorizing guns or even promoting the shooting sports may be misguided at this point. The rabid shooter guys can spoil shooting for what it is, some of them seem to go gun-stupid. Citizens and cops do, too.

For example, last week my very mellow pal Henry had his under-medicated son shot dead by a semi-circle of cops on his neighbor's lawn.

His son was big, had created a ruccus, and he was carrying rebar.

.http://seattletimes....hooting25m.html

Another thing. About 8 years ago the city sent me a Parks Dept. lady to see about developing a 6.6 acre wilderness in the neighborhood, which they own. She was bright, direct, and helpful, an okay gal.

She evidently shot her supervisor yesterday.

http://blogs.seattle...ictim-improves/

promoting the shooting sports may be misguided at this point.

Boy I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to fly into a murderous rage after shooting clays. Yep. Better ban that so Jocal can sleep at night.

Boy I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to fly into a murderous rage after shooting clays. Yep. Better ban that so Jocal can sleep at night.

I swear-2-gawd but I've never in my life met a person who projects so much and makes more inane assumptions based on nothing more than emotions and idyllic dreams than our own 'Lil JokeOff. It can be humorous at times, I admit....but it can also be scary knowing there's probably more than one of him out there, walking among us....

Been a bit busy lately, but here are a few of the armed self defense incidents since I last posted on on March 1.

Dollar General store manager shoots and kills armed robber

Armed robber at bank shot buy gun nutter

Home invader attempts to run over home owner, gets shot at and runs away.

That guy was foolish to pursue the criminal and try to stop his truck, but justified in shooting when the criminal tried to run him over.

Knife-wielding criminal tries to rob liquor store, store owner holds him at gunpoint for police

Store owner shoots one of two armed robbers, who later shows up at hospital to be treated and arrested, as is often the case.

Wanted criminal flees to wrong farm, attacks wrong farmer, is shot and killed by farmer

Man burglarizes home, returns two days later and is held at gunpoint by retired widow. No shots fired, perp in custody facing charges.

Disregarding Biden's advice to expend your only rounds into the air, a woman fired her shotgun at a home invader. She missed.

Armed robber shoots victim in the hand, victim shoots and kills him

Two home invaders rob and rape mother and daughter, but did not tie the boy up very well. He broke free, got a gun, and stopped the crime.

Robber at pawn shop stabs employee, who grabs gun and sends the perp running. Police caught him later on.

Threatening stalker ex-boyfriend comes through dog door, is shot by home owner.

And that brings us up through yesterday...

Gator's DTS was an international gun media celebrity simply confronting male jealousy, amont three mutual gun lovers, two of them with industry jobs, two dead. Darwin, maybe.

(snipped? well, another tasteless presentation promoting gun vigilalte activity on SA)

Good job, Tom, if you don't mind spending your free time rolling in the gutter with the creeps and perps, uh armed to the teeth...

Mr. Ray, where is your consciousness?

Away from the SA Gun Club, and for the benefit of the kids, it might someday work out like this: http://seattletimes....ershiplxml.html

Gun ownership in U.S. has declined over last 40 years, survey finds

The gun-ownership rate in the U.S. has fallen across a broad cross section of households since the early 1970s with surprising drops in the South and Western mountain states, a new survey shows.

By ROBERT GEBELOFFSABRINA TAVERNISE

The New York Times

2020525267.gifenlarge.gif

The share of American households with guns has declined over the past four decades, a national survey shows, with some of the most surprising drops in the South and the Western mountain states, where guns are deeply embedded in the culture.

The gun-ownership rate has fallen across a broad cross section of households since the early 1970s, according to data from the General Social Survey, a public-opinion survey conducted every two years that asks a sample of American adults if they have guns at home, among other questions.

The rate has dropped in cities large and small, in suburbs, rural areas and in all regions of the country. It has fallen among households with children, and among those without. It has declined for households that say they are very happy, and for those that say they are not. It is down among churchgoers and those who never sit in pews.

The household gun-ownership rate has fallen from an average of 50 percent in the 1970s to 49 percent in the 1980s, 43 percent in the 1990s and 35 percent in the 2000s, according to the surveydata, analyzed by The New York Times.

In 2012, the share of American households with guns was 34 percent, according to survey results released last week. Researchers said the difference compared with 2010, when the rate was 32 percent, was not statistically significant.

The findings contrast with the impression left by a flurry of news reports about people rushing to buy guns and clearing shop shelves of assault rifles after the massacre last year at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.

“There are all these claims that gun ownership is going through the roof,” said

Daniel Webster, the director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research. “But I suspect the increase in gun sales has been limited mostly to current gun owners. The most reputable surveys show a decline over time in the share of households with guns.”

Federal data limited

Detailed data on gun ownership is scarce. Though some states reported household gun-ownership rates in the 1990s, it was not until the early 2000s that questions on the presence of guns at home were asked on a broad federal public-health survey of several hundred thousand people, making it possible to see the rates in all states.

But by the mid-2000s, the federal government stopped asking the questions, leaving researchers to rely on much smaller surveys, like the General Social Survey, which is conducted by NORC, a research center at the University of Chicago.

Researchers say the survey done by the center atthe University of Chicago is crucial because it has consistently tracked gun ownership since 1973, asking if respondents “happen to have in your home (or garage) any guns or revolvers.”

The 2012 survey, conducted mostly in person but also by phone, involved interviews with about 2,000 people from March to September and had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Andrew Arulanandam, a spokesman for the National Rifle Association, said he was skeptical that there had been a decline in household ownership. He pointed to reports of increased gun sales, to long waits for gun-safety-training classes and to the growing number of background checks, which have surged since the late 1990s, as evidence that ownership is rising.

“I’m sure there are a lot of people who would love to make the case that there are fewer gun owners in this country, but the stories we’ve been hearing and the data we’ve been seeing simply don’t support that,” he said.

Tom Smith, the director of the General Social Survey, which is financed by the National Science Foundation, said he was confident in the trend. It lines up, he said, with two evolving patterns in American life: the decline of hunting and a sharp drop in violent crime, which has made the argument for self-protection much less urgent.

According to an analysis of the survey, only a quarter of men in 2012 said they hunted, compared with about 40 percent when the question was asked in 1977.

Smith acknowledged the rise in background checks, but he said it was impossible to tell how many were for new gun owners. The checks are reported as one total that includes, for example, people buying their second or third gun, as well as those renewing concealed-carry permits.

The geographic patterns were some of the most surprising in the General Social Survey, researchers said. Gun ownership in both the South and the mountain region, which includes states like Montana, New Mexico and Wyoming, dropped to less than 40 percent of households this decade, down from 65 percent in the 1970s.

The Northeast, where the household ownership rate is lowest, changed the least, at 22 percent this decade, compared with 29 percent in the 1970s.

Age groups presented another twist. While household ownership of guns among elderly Americans remained virtually unchanged from the 1970s to this decade at about 43 percent, ownership among young Americans plummeted. Household gun ownership among Americans under the age of 30 fell to 23 percent this decade from 47 percent in the 1970s. The survey showed a similar decline for Americans ages 30 to 44.

As for politics, the survey showed a steep drop in household gun ownership among Democrats and independents, and a very slight decline among Republicans.

But the new data suggest a reversal among Republicans, with 51 percent since 2008 saying they have a gun in their home, up from 47 percent in surveys taken from 2000 through 2006. This leaves the Republican rate a bit below where it was in the 1970s, while ownership for Democrats is nearly half of what it was in that decade.

Researchers offered different theories for these trends:

• Many Americans were introduced to guns through military service, which involved a large part of the population in the Vietnam War era, said Webster, Center for Gun Policy and Research director. Now that the Army is volunteer and a small fraction of the population, it is less a gateway for gun ownership, he said.

• Urbanization also helped drive the decline. Rural areas, where gun ownership is the highest, are now home to about 17 percent of Americans, down from 27 percent in the 1970s. According to the survey, just 23 percent of households in cities owned guns in the 2000s, compared with 56 percent of households in rural areas. That was down from 70 percent of rural households in the 1970s.

• The country’s changing demographics may also play a role. While the rate of gun ownership among women has remained relatively constant over the years at about 10 percent, which is less than one-third of the rate among men today, more women are heading households without men, another possible contributor to the decline in household gun ownership. Women living in households where there were guns that were not their own declined to a fifth in 2012 down from a third in 1980.

• The increase of Hispanics as a share of the American population is also probably having an effect, as they are far less likely to own guns. In the survey results since 2000, about 14 percent of Hispanics reported having a gun in their house.

I swear-2-gawd but I've never in my life met a person who projects so much and makes more inane assumptions based on nothing more than emotions and idyllic dreams than our own 'Lil JokeOff. It can be humorous at times, I admit....but it can also be scary knowing there's probably more than one of him out there, walking among us....

You are out there on a fringe with your gun fetish, Rick.

I'm pretty mainstream, and wow, I am talking to a collector of assault weapons in 2013.

But here's your chance to relate to someone who is reticent about your elk.

Hmmm... It never really occurred to me to wonder and you might get a more accurate answer from Moe, but this image I found suggests it is mostly in the top part of my brain. But it's almost nap time, and I'm not sure where it goes then.

consciious-vs-uncoscious.jpg

You are out there on a fringe with your gun fetish, Rick.

I'm pretty mainstream, and wow, I am talking to a collector of assault weapons in 2013.

But here's your chance to relate to someone who is reticent about your elk.

Who are you 'talking' to that's collecting 'a-salt' weapons? 'Cuz it sure as hell ain't me, given that I neither own any, nor desire any.

Project much?....

I admit to owning a couple of these.

bug-a-salt.jpg

Those must give you the urge to shoot up a theater. I sure hope your wife keeps the Morton's locked up somewhere so that you can't get to it in one of your fits-o'-rage......

In defense of Mr Booth while he is a nutter his collection is pretty pathetic you should see his red and black striped rifle

In defense of Mr Booth while he is a nutter his collection is pretty pathetic you should see his red and black striped rifle

Its orange and black, and used to hunt Tiggers.

Gator's DTS was an international gun media celebrity simply confronting male jealousy, amont three mutual gun lovers, two of them with industry jobs, two dead. Darwin, maybe.

(snipped? well, another tasteless presentation promoting gun vigilalte activity on SA)

Good job, Tom, if you don't mind spending your free time rolling in the gutter with the creeps and perps, uh armed to the teeth...

Away from the SA Gun Club, and for the benefit of the kids, it might someday work out like this: http://seattletimes....ershiplxml.html

So this guy is a gun nutter, deserving of murder by a jealous ex, because he hosts a hunting show? Is your intent really to demonize every gun owner and say anything you can to strip them of their rights? By your logic every sailor is a 1%'er. Every harley owner is a member of the hells angels. Every cyclist is a doper.

How in the hell do you look yourself in the mirror? My parents must have really screwed up, because this "say and do anything to 'win' at all costs" is a concept I just don't understand. I fully understand that there are lots of people who have limited or no experience with firearms and have no interest in them. That's fine. I have no interest in owning a motorcycle, yet I don't feel any desire to ban them as a dangerous mode of transportation. I don't understand how these same people somehow feel justified in destroying not only a constitutional right, but a way of life for many in this country just because of their blind ignorance.

bug-a-salt.jpg

I admit to having a phone. I can dial 911, until they limit my dialing to "91", "9", or some such thing.

Without the Rape Ap on her smart phone, my daughter should simply endure the rape until the cop shows up instead of shooting the rapist in his face.

Elle?

bug-a-salt.jpg

I admit to having a phone. I can dial 911, until they limit my dialing to "91", "9", or some such thing.

Without the Rape Ap on her smart phone, my daughter should simply endure the rape until the cop shows up instead of shooting the rapist in his face.

Elle?

Its a gift dog, you don't need a gun, you need a book of babies names.

“I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you… rape victims should make the best of a bad situation.” Rick Santorum - January, 2012

Busted. Gabby Giffords’ Husband Spews Anti-Assault Weapon Rhetoric Then Caught Buying an AR-15

Former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-AZ), a victim of a mass shooting in 2011, and her husband,Mark Kelly, testified before a Congressional panel on gun control in January. Kelly told the assembled members of Congress that modern weapons

“Have turned every single corner of our society into places of carnage and gross human loss.”

here is his explanation directly from his Facebook page: "Looks like the judiciary committee will vote on background checks next week. I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a 45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don’t have possession yet but I’ll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do. Scary to think of people buying guns like these without a background check at a gun show or the Internet. We really need to close the gun show and private seller loop hole."

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/busted-gabby-giffords-husband-spews-anti-assault-weapon-rhetoric-then-caught-buying-an-ar-15/

bug-a-salt.jpg

Elle?

“I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you… rape victims should make the best of a bad situation.” Rick Santorum - January, 2012

Nope. My daughter needs to be able to shoot the motherfucker in the face before he touches her.

If he survives, I'll shoot him on the steps of the court house.

Busted. Gabby Giffords’ Husband Spews Anti-Assault Weapon Rhetoric Then Caught Buying an AR-15

Former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-AZ), a victim of a mass shooting in 2011, and her husband,Mark Kelly, testified before a Congressional panel on gun control in January. Kelly told the assembled members of Congress that modern weapons

“Have turned every single corner of our society into places of carnage and gross human loss.”

here is his explanation directly from his Facebook page: "Looks like the judiciary committee will vote on background checks next week. I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a 45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don’t have possession yet but I’ll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do. Scary to think of people buying guns like these without a background check at a gun show or the Internet. We really need to close the gun show and private seller loop hole."

http://www.thegatewa...uying-an-ar-15/

Gabby gets a pass. She only said "We must do something". She didn't give specifics.

What do you mean by "busted"?

bug-a-salt.jpg

Elle?

Nope. My daughter needs to be able to shoot the motherfucker in the face before he touches her.

But that isn't the message from the right: “If it’s inevitable, just relax and enjoy it” - Clayton Williams Texas Governor candidate

bug-a-salt.jpg

Elle?

But that isn't the message from the right: “If it’s inevitable, just relax and enjoy it” - Clayton Williams Texas Governor candidate

Clayton Williams is not the messenger from the right. I don't live in Texas. I live in CT where there are pretty strict gun laws. There are also some very strict laws against rape.

I would borrow a gun and shoot him.

Fortunately there are good laws against murder and better laws against abortion. I hope it never comes down to a decision between the two.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/busted-gabby-giffords-husband-spews-anti-assault-weapon-rhetoric-then-caught-buying-an-ar-15/

Close both loopholes? I don't have any problem with closing the "gun show loophole" since no such thing exists in any of our laws, but would oppose closing the non-mythical one.

Fortunately there are good laws against murder and better laws against abortion. I hope it never comes down to a decision between the two.

There are good laws against rape, and fuck the laws against murder. Most fathers will ignore the latter to avenge the former.

Someone should tell Senator Feinstein. She said it is legal to hunt humans.

What do you mean by "busted"?

Caught.

In a sentence:

"Gateway Pundit's Hoft got busted for trying to lie about so much stuff, they gave him an award for being the stupidest guy on the internet."

Someone should tell Senator Feinstein. She said it is legal to hunt humans.

To think that she has almost six more years left on her term, and left to deal with the NRA and SAF, that has to be galling.

Wife apparently having an affair with another man, husband kicks in door, assaults his wife, chases the other man to a bedroom, kicks in that door, gets shot.

Some criminals use toy guns to commit robberies, which can be useful in court if you get caught, since the gun was not real. Not so useful if your victim has a real gun, in which case the robber can wind up dead.

???

The article and the video never mentioned guns so what does it have to do with this thread you started?

Ill give you the fact he was a nutter though.

It never takes to long before another instance of armed self defense comes along to get the thread back on track. ;)

This time, a career criminal tried to rob an 81 year old man and was shot four times for his efforts. Regrettably, he survived and is in critical condition, so we taxpayers will have a hefty bill to pay for his care, but on the plus side he will not be victimizing anyone else for a while. At least until we let him out to make room for all those dangerous potheads we have to continue locking up.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/11/3280251/suspected-robber-shot-by-elderly.html

It never takes to long before another instance of armed self defense comes along to get the thread back on track. ;)

This time, a career criminal tried to rob an 81 year old man and was shot four times for his efforts. Regrettably, he survived and is in critical condition, so we taxpayers will have a hefty bill to pay for his care, but on the plus side he will not be victimizing anyone else for a while. At least until we let him out to make room for all those dangerous potheads we have to continue locking up.

http://www.miamihera...by-elderly.html

i think we are all glad the perp survived

Not terribly surprising that you're another one who wants to preserve the population of criminals for future generations to enjoy. ;)

Gun nutter at home in his apartment when intruder comes in, nutter threatens him with gun and perp flees. Nutter calls cops. Unfortunately, this was in NYC, so the nutter faces a three year sentence. He did not have the required permission slip to possess his constitutionally protected handgun, probably because he could not demonstrate a need for it, which is required up there.

Texas restaurant owner got tired of burglaries and slept in his business. Burglar enters through roof at 4am, owner shoots and kills him.

Should be the equivalent as an auto about 1,500 a year or so. The real problem is ammo with out ammo guns are not lethal. I say we follow the Israeli model and limit civilian purchases yo 50 rounds per year

True loser attitude that the USA should "FOLLOW" anybody,

Not terribly surprising that you're another one who wants to preserve the population of criminals for future generations to enjoy. ;)

Tom

please don't quote the Lizard?

Thanks

True loser attitude that the USA should "FOLLOW" anybody,

Ugly American

This is exactly why regular training is desirable. More dead criminals would result in less future criminals. But I'll give the 81 yr old guy a pass. 4 hits is pretty good for an old dude.

Yet another reason for hi cap mags as well. Sometimes humans intent on robbing, raping and assulting other humans don't go down with only one or two shots. Sometime not even with 7. Nevermind that sometimes criminals rob houses and assault and rape women in more than singles. I would hate to be a woman in NY State with a 7 shot handgun going up against 4 assailants who broke into her home at 2 am.

I wonder how you decide who gets double tapped and which one gets the remaining single bullet? Decisions, decisions.......

It never takes to long before another instance of armed self defense comes along to get the thread back on track. ;)/>

This is exactly why regular training is desirable. More dead criminals would result in less future criminals. But I'll give the 81 yr old guy a pass. 4 hits is pretty good for an old dude.

Yet another reason for hi cap mags as well. Sometimes humans intent on robbing, raping and assulting other humans don't go down with only one or two shots. Sometime not even with 7. Nevermind that sometimes criminals rob houses and assault and rape women in more than singles. I would hate to be a woman in NY State with a 7 shot handgun going up against 4 assailants who broke into her home at 2 am.

I wonder how you decide who gets double tapped and which one gets the remaining single bullet? Decisions, decisions.......

Vigilantes, you are. This is more about being judge, jury and executioner than self defense. You fantasize about highly unlikely scenarios and how you will rid the world of such nonexistent threats. Stopping the threat is not good enough for you, you must kill the threat. Why not cut their heads off and stick them on pikes as a warning to others too.

Yet when asked to show a real situation where 6 rounds were insufficient to remove the threat you come up empty.

That's your NRA fighting for your Second Amendment Rights:

http://www.nytimes.c...-keep-guns.html

It's what Freedom is all about.

For all its rage and terror, the episode might well have been prevented. Had Mr. Holten lived in one of a handful of states, the protection order would have forced him to relinquish his firearms.

In statehouses across the country, though, the N.R.A. and other gun-rights groups have beaten back legislation mandating the surrender of firearms in domestic violence situations. They argue that gun ownership, as a fundamental constitutional right, should not be stripped away for anything less serious than a felony conviction — and certainly not, as an N.R.A. lobbyist in Washington State put it to legislators, for the “mere issuance of court orders.”

The protection order certainly forced him not to go near her, and it would have forced him to relinquish his guns within the twelve hours between the order and his attack as well, because pieces of paper are that powerful!

The NRA lobbyist is right that stripping a person of a constitutionally protected right should at least require the presence of advocates for both sides, which the issuance of a protection order does not.

Alabama homeowner shoots and kills intruder

Drunken intruder shot and wounded by St. Louis homeowner

Proof that background checks are totally ineffective.

http://news.yahoo.com/armed-man-kills-self-pa-122436162.html

Authorities say he entered Dick's Sporting Goods in Fairless Hills after 7 p.m. Saturday and asked to see a shotgun and ammunition. McCarty pulled out a handgun — later found to be unloaded — and ordered the worker to undo the shotgun's gun lock. He then barricaded himself inside a bathroom.

Vigilantes you are.

Proud of it, mate. We often propose street executions on Sailing Anarchy but we are normal, law abiding guys, of course.

The blood lust is strong here. I find it rather exhilarating and disturbing at the same time.

As trolls do. Pathetic fuck you are.

Third time's a charm. Burglar invades the same home twice, the third time gets shot and held at gunpoint for police.

Clatsop County District Attorney Josh Marquis told KATU News that Tischer was jailed twice for burglarizing the same home in the past. He was released from jail because of overcrowding our stupid drug war.

(Fixed it for them)

Man tackles burglar and girlfriend holds him at gunpoint for police

Armed robbers enter liquor store, one gets shot, the other escapes

Armed man with "lengthy criminal history" kicks in door of a home, gets shot

Another career criminal commits armed robbery and winds up being shot by the store owner