Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bull Gator

Gun nutter sttrikes again

You're dealing with a 65 year old 3rd grader, Greeves. What did you expect?.....

I expected PM's to remain so. Oh well. No biggie...

So what is your most recent purchase Booth? Post a pic if possible.

How are you making out with IDPA? I ended up not doing it this year. Got busy with other things, like sailing and hunting, plus my wife has appropriated the XDM now.

Rockford had 12 IDPA matches this year, plus practice matches. I did two practice matches and seven regular matches. At first I was very nervous about breaking a safety reg and getting kicked out for the day, but I did fine. Just one warning about sweeping my hand when holstering an empty weapon. Everyone is there to help and give advice. I learned a lot.

In the beginning of the season I was placing 10-12th out of 35-40 shooters, and my best was 7th place when we had almost 50 shooters at the end of season. Not bad considering I am shooting .45apc. The truly competitive shooters are all shooting 9mm, so they get less muzzle rise for quicker follow up shots. I will participate next season and hope to do better.

The XDm .45/4 1/2" barrel performed flawlessly, and I also used the factory holster and mag holders. Plus I am shooting hard cast lead bullet reloads and she still ran without a hiccup. I had to drop down from 4.6 grains of Bullseye, to 4.2 grains to prevent lead fouling the chamber. Unlike the competitive shooters, I want to shoot the hottest loads I can.

If you search YouTube under: Andy Rockford IDPA, there about four videos that a friend from work posted on his YouTube channel for me.

It's a hell of a lot of fun!

You're dealing with a 65 year old 3rd grader, Greeves. What did you expect?.....

How are you making out with IDPA? I ended up not doing it this year. Got busy with other things, like sailing and hunting, plus my wife has appropriated the XDM now.

Rockford had 12 IDPA matches this year, plus practice matches. I did two practice matches and seven regular matches. At first I was very nervous about breaking a safety reg and getting kicked out for the day, but I did fine. Just one warning about sweeping my hand when holstering an empty weapon. Everyone is there to help and give advice. I learned a lot.

In the beginning of the season I was placing 10-12th out of 35-40 shooters, and my best was 7th place when we had almost 50 shooters at the end of season. Not bad considering I am shooting .45apc. The truly competitive shooters are all shooting 9mm, so they get less muzzle rise for quicker follow up shots. I will participate next season and hope to do better.

The XDm .45/4 1/2" barrel performed flawlessly, and I also used the factory holster and mag holders. Plus I am shooting hard cast lead bullet reloads and she still ran without a hiccup. I had to drop down from 4.6 grains of Bullseye, to 4.2 grains to prevent lead fouling the chamber. Unlike the competitive shooters, I want to shoot the hottest loads I can.

If you search YouTube under: Andy Rockford IDPA, there about four videos that a friend from work posted on his YouTube channel for me.

Very cool. That is not a bad result, especially for being the first year. I really should make the time to go to a few matches and check it out. My XDM is in 9, but since my wife prefers that one, I may use my Sig 226 instead. I suppose it would not hurt to try either one in the beginning while I am figuring things out. Congrats on the score and the good time. I will definitely check out the youtube.

Very cool. That is not a bad result, especially for being the first year. I really should make the time to go to a few matches and check it out. My XDM is in 9, but since my wife prefers that one, I may use my Sig 226 instead. I suppose it would not hurt to try either one in the beginning while I am figuring things out. Congrats on the score and the good time. I will definitely check out the youtube.

Cool! Thanks for the compliment. I just gotta say: Rockford also let people shoot .22 pistols because of the ammo shortage. A few of the guys placing ahead of me were shooting freakin' .22's! Can't even see the hole in the target!

There is a guy named Nico that is shooting an XDm 9mm on Nate Kamp's YouTube page where my videos are. He loves it, and you can't argue with a capacity of 19+1 with standard magazines!

I would have shot more, but the sailing season is short up here and I sure wasn't going to skip sailing to go shooting!

Post a pic of the revolver Booth. Wheel guns are my favorite!

What part of Arizona did you purchase land? PM me if you want, unlike Jocal, I understand what PM stands for. Hah!

Post a pic of the revolver Booth. Wheel guns are my favorite!

What part of Arizona did you purchase land? PM me if you want, unlike Jocal, I understand what PM stands for. Hah!

I'm gonna have to pm you----since it's obvious that you haven't splurged on a caller ID plan.. ...:lol:

Cool! Thanks for the compliment. I just gotta say: Rockford also let people shoot .22 pistols because of the ammo shortage. A few of the guys placing ahead of me were shooting freakin' .22's! Can't even see the hole in the target!

There is a guy named Nico that is shooting an XDm 9mm on Nate Kamp's YouTube page where my videos are. He loves it, and you can't argue with a capacity of 19+1 with standard magazines!

I would have shot more, but the sailing season is short up here and I sure wasn't going to skip sailing to go shooting!

Our sailing season is short here too. In at Memorial Day, and out by Oct. It goes way too quick.

Shooting .22s seems like more than a bit of an unfair advantage. My groups are half the size with my MKiii as with any of the centerfire pistols I have, and in a timed event would undoubtedly show an even bigger difference in groupings.

This shooting happened off-campus, outside the cop's jurisdiction. Give some guys a gun and they don't think very clearly.

'Oh you're gonna shoot me?'

The sarcastic last words of straight-A student shot dead by college cop after being stopped for speeding

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2520191/Last-words-Texas-student-Cameron-Redus-shot-dead-college-cop.html#ixzz2n0Jad59C

Guest One of Five

We need a 20,001th gun law.....

mean people are bad.

So Gaytor, I mean Heads Up, how much should Arrows be Taxed?

Florida man kills wife and son with crossbow

If he had used a gun, would you have a different opinion?

You and the usual suspects certainly would have.

Guy, we might have mentioned taxes on guns and ammo because of the 10,000 U.S. gun injuries every year. And the 13,000 gun homicides per year. And the 17,000 gun suicides per year. There is something very, very wrong with each of those numbers. Hello?

You guys are lame (and clutching at straws again) to try to bring an isolated crossbow incident into the U.S. gun mess. It connotes (again) a sense of desperation.

...ever since we gutted all the others.

Got any cites for that, Mr. Ass Fact?.....

You know what, JoCal? I think the time you spent in the hood has made you a bigot, 'cause you are asserting that there's no way that people there could ever be expected to behave in the same manner as "decent folk". The bigotry of faint expectation, or something along those lines is how I recall it being described.

JokeAwf, I sadly believe, is another one of those despisers of personal responsibility, and subscribes to that bleeding heart schism that every problem in the world (past & present) was or is created solely by The White Man.

So basically he's just another gun owning Liberal racist hypocritical idiot.....

Casa_Boothy_zps7bd5bdbc.png

Got any cites for that, Mr. Ass Fact?.....

Boothy, I'm not going to discuss this subject on that level.

But if you are saying the NRA hasn't gutted our gun control laws, then you must be able to cite some effective gun control legislation they have recently strengthened and supported. Good luck.

I didn't care (at all) for Gottlieb's input on the failed 2013 Manchin-Toomey bill, for example.

Gun Rights Group: ‘Gun Grabbers Have Stepped Into Our Trap’

“If you read the bill, you can see all the advances for our cause that it contains like interstate sales of handguns,

veteran gun rights restoration,

travel with firearms protection,

civil and criminal immunity lawsuit protection if you sell a gun plus more,”

Gottlieb said in his statement. “It also exempts the sale or transfer of firearms between family members and friends as well as sales outside a commercial venue from a background check. If you have any kind of current state permit to own, use or carry, no check is done, just the Form 4473 to stay with a dealer.”

By Laura Matthews | April 14 2013 11:41 PM

A gun-rights group that had a hand in developing the recent bipartisan measure on background checks in the U.S. Senate said gun grabbers walked into its trap and that it would take pleasure in seeing President Barack Obama sign the bill.

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms on Sunday endorsed the agreement brokered last week by Sens. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., and Pat Toomey, R-Pa.

In an email to the IB Times on Sunday, Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the committee, explained that he and the group’s attorney lobbyist not only influenced the bipartisan legislation but also wrote parts of it.

Pasted from <http://www.dailypaul.com/281823/alert-alan-gottlieb-of-2a-fdn-publicly-admits-to-crafting-the-toomey-manchin-univ-gun-registry-bill>

The NRA (as far as I know) has absolutely NO authority nor power to repeal, gut or otherwise 'wish' a law into non-existence. So just what are you exactly on about? Imagine much?.....

Well I'll be a monkey's unicorn.....

If we can save just one sock puppet.

The law bans "realistic replicas."

TSA training must have exposed the agents to some truly tiny guns. I want one! What caliber of micro-ammo do they fire? And where do you get it? I want to pick off palmetto bugs with it!

1208sock_monkey-gun.jpg

Hey jocal, seriously - tell me which EXISTING gun laws have we "gutted". You said ALL, btw - but I'm willing to write that off as your usual hyperbole. Give me some gun laws that have been gutted that were previously on the books and preventing crime in their previous state.

And I'm not calling you names, so you can dispense with the usual photshop response in your reply. Thanks.

BB Gun Nutter Shoots His Rubber Ducky

That would get the guy a sarcasm font in most states, but he did it in Joizeee. That's nutz.

New Jersey's strict Graves Act gun law covers possession of a BB gun right alongside serious gun control measures outlawing sawed-off shotguns, filing serial numbers off of guns or using firearms to commit crimes. Violating the act can bring a minimum three-year prison term and steep fines.

And the law is enforced. As recently as October, a man was arrested in New Jersey for shooting an airsoft gun at a rubber duck for target practice, in his own yard. Idyriss Thomas, 22, was arrested in Glassboro, N.J., after police responded to multiple 911 calls from neighbors who reported seeing a man with a gun. Once police determined the gun was unlicensed, Thomas was taken to jail and charged with unlawful possession of a weapon. His family posted a $2,500 bond.

Felon gun nutter tries to buy gun at gun show

Sottile arrested Reaves after identifying him as a convicted felon. Several dealers offered to testify against Reaves. Robert C. Cerullo, former police officer and prosecutor in the case, says this is a prime example of how federally licensed firearms dealers and law enforcement can work together to keep guns away from criminals. Sottile says many state troopers have relationships with firearms dealers at the gun shows. “Licensed gun dealers play a major role in stopping illegal gun purchases, especially straw purchases,” he says. Straw purchases are when one individual makes a purchase for another individual that can not make the purchase legally.

“In my experience at gun shows and licensed firearms storefronts throughout the Richmond area, dealers have contacted me if they suspect someone — through his or her conversation with the customer or the customer’s odd behavior — is attempting to make an illegal purchase.” added Sottile. “I can’t thank the dealers enough with whom I work with for their help in aiding in criminal prosecution.”

Felon gun nutter tries to buy gun at gun show

Sottile arrested Reaves after identifying him as a convicted felon. Several dealers offered to testify against Reaves. Robert C. Cerullo, former police officer and prosecutor in the case, says this is a prime example of how federally licensed firearms dealers and law enforcement can work together to keep guns away from criminals. Sottile says many state troopers have relationships with firearms dealers at the gun shows. “Licensed gun dealers play a major role in stopping illegal gun purchases, especially straw purchases,” he says. Straw purchases are when one individual makes a purchase for another individual that can not make the purchase legally.

“In my experience at gun shows and licensed firearms storefronts throughout the Richmond area, dealers have contacted me if they suspect someone — through his or her conversation with the customer or the customer’s odd behavior — is attempting to make an illegal purchase.” added Sottile. “I can’t thank the dealers enough with whom I work with for their help in aiding in criminal prosecution.”

They clearly didn't understand the gunshow loophole.

Hey jocal, seriously - tell me which EXISTING gun laws have we "gutted". You said ALL, btw - but I'm willing to write that off as your usual hyperbole. Give me some gun laws that have been gutted that were previously on the books and preventing crime in their previous state.

And I'm not calling you names, so you can dispense with the usual photshop response in your reply. Thanks.

Jeff, I think it's your (pl) turn. Please show us any legal restrictions on guns (or gunowners) supported by the NRA or SAF.

I have already responded using the primary background-check legislation effort of 2013, which was double-gutted. It was first watered down at a table with NRA attorney/chief lobbyist Brian Judy "contributing"...then it was totally rejected by the NRA.

My point about gutting gun restriction legislation stands. I'm referring to this type of crap:

The Gun Lobby's Stealth Assault on Small-Town America

Since Newtown, a pro-gun group has bullied local governments into repealing firearms ordinances.

—By Hannah Levintova

| Wed Dec. 11, 2013 3:00 AM GMT

This past spring, strangely similar pieces of mail started arriving at the offices of city attorneys in 28 Maryland communities. The tersely worded letters, many dated March 26, warned each town that some of its firearms laws were illegal and needed to be repealed immediately. Takoma Park's letter claimed that ordinances against carrying unlocked guns and possessing or selling guns in public places "grossly" exceeded state law and should be taken off the books, "out of respect for the rule of law." All of the letters warned that failure to comply would put the towns "at risk for a lawsuit."

At Least 194 Children Have Been Shot to Death Since Newtown

"Once in a blue moon we get these kinds of letters from activist organizations," says Ryan Spiegel, vice president of the Montgomery County chapter of the Maryland Municipal League and a member of the Gaithersburg city council. What felt different this time, he says, was the coordination—and the timing: Just a month earlier, the Maryland Senate had passed some of the country's toughest gun control measures in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

The letters came from the Second Amendment Foundation, a prominent pro-gun legal-defense organization, as part of a quiet but mounting campaign to strike down local gun laws across the country. So far, SAF has sent out about 425 letters to cities, towns, and counties in Maryland, Oregon, Virginia, and Washington and has announced plans to target hundreds more local laws.

Though they may be obscure and not always enforced, local gun laws have become low-hanging fruit for anti-gun-control activists since Sandy Hook. The strategy rests on the legal concept of "preemption," which restricts local lawmakers' authority to regulate firearms beyond what's in state law. For more than 30 years, the National Rifle Association and other pro-gun groups have successfully lobbied for preemption laws nationwide: In 1979, 7 states had them, but today, 45 do. Some states, such as Alabama, Idaho, and Maine, make exceptions for local restrictions on when and where people can shoot; some, like California, let localities control where and how guns are sold. All of them, however, set some limits to municipalities' ability to regulate guns, and that's where the Second Amendment Foundation comes in.

SAF sent out its first batch of letters in fall 2012, mostly to towns in its home state of Washington. It quickly got results: In Stanwood, the city council repealed two 40-year-old laws—one that prohibited carrying a concealed pistol without a permit, and another that gave the mayor additional control over guns in the case of a civil emergency. The city attorney in Prosser concluded that the contested law "could potentially be defended" but recommended changing it "to avoid litigation." The repeals have been rolling in: In 2013, at least four local governments in Maryland repealed or weakened their gun laws, as did at least four towns in Washington and one in Oregon. And SAF isn't the only group invoking preemption. In November, residents of Sunnyvale, California, passed a measure that bans magazines with more than 10 bullets and requires gun owners to lock up their weapons. The NRA plans to challenge the measure, which it claims is preempted by state law.

"They were just casting a broad net and trying to get as many folks as they could to remove language related to gun control from the books."

The prospect of a costly court battle has daunted some communities. "When you're in a little town, you don't want to be the test case on things," says Dan Hultgrenn, the city attorney of Connell, Washington, which repealed a law that prohibited carrying a gun while consuming alcohol.

Not every community has rolled over, though. "We would certainly entertain any request on modifying town code brought in by concerned citizens," says Russell Winch, a town commissioner in Walkersville, Maryland. "But I'm not going to take any action for somebody on the West Coast that threatens to sue if we don't do something to suit their needs. If this group doesn't have the manners to show up before us and explain their position, then it's not something we're going to pay mind to." After the town's attorney found that the local code complied with Maryland law, Walkersville's commissioners voted unanimously to disregard SAF's warning. "I don't think we even wrote back," Winch says.

When Garrett Park, Maryland, received its letter, Mayor Peter Benjamin called up Mayors Against Illegal Guns, the Michael Bloomberg-backed gun control coalition that he and more than 1,000 mayors belong to. "I said, 'Look. Most of the small municipalities in Maryland are going to have a hard time should the Second Amendment Foundation try to take any steps against us.'" MAIG agreed to help out if Garrett Park was sued. Benjamin says he hasn't heard anything further from SAF.

Officials in four other Maryland towns also concluded that SAF is on shaky legal ground, since Maryland's preemption law lists several exceptions. For instance, SAF called out Walkersville's entire gun ordinance, which includes a ban on shooting within town limits, even though state law lets towns "regulate the discharge of handguns, rifles, and shotguns." "Our impression was that whoever read our [town] code did not do a very thorough job," Winch says. "They were just casting a broad net and trying to get as many folks as they could to remove language related to gun control from the books." SAF spokesperson Dave Workman disputes that his group is taking a shotgun approach. "If a local ordinance is in conflict with a state statute, there's not a lot of wiggle room there," he says.

Both SAF and the NRA argue that navigating a maze of local gun laws is confusing: You can't expect gun owners to read the municipal code every time they cross a town line. However, it appears that some of the ordinances SAF has targeted have rarely, if ever, been used to prosecute gun owners. So why target them? "In many cases, laws are designed to set a tone and to provide guidance on the expectation of behavior," Benjamin explains. "During the 17 years since I was first elected mayor, we have never issued a single speeding or parking ticket, yet people seem in general to obey our traffic and parking control laws. Would it make any sense to repeal those laws because we have not prosecuted anyone under them?

Pasted from <http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/12/gun-laws-second-amendment-foundation>

1). What's your point?

2). What's your (reasonable) solution?

3). And no answering with yet another lame-assed childish crayon drawing. Try to be a man this time around and answer #2 in an intelligent, thoughtful, realistic & mature manner...

Rick, there is no single solution to this complex problem. And I am reluctant to discuss it here---it's sort of like an abuse machine... :huh:

My answer: re-assessing the widespread handiness of firearms is a start. Nothing personal. But for quite a while, based on the numbers, too many Americans are mis-behaving with their convenient guns. When you gunsters deny such an obvious basic it puts us a long way from first base, Rico.

So, getting better studies done is important--let the record show that the gun industry has mandated ignorance, including somewhat recently: they have forbidden Health & Human Services to act on gun study with two lines snuck into in a fiscal provision. (Consolidated Appropriations Act 2012, Public Law 112-74, 112th Cong., 125 Stat. 786, Sec. 218, p. 1085, December 23, 2011). http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=18319&page=23#tf_18

We need a quorum of gun guys to find some fortitude, to get beyond the (industry-generated) fear, paranoia, and resistance. Care to step forward?

Getting a few Supreme Court Justices who can read the Second Amendment as written would be helpful.

Containing battlefield weapons to the battlefield sounds right.

Effective background checks are a no-brainer.

Sen. Schiff sponsored some practical legislation in 2013. Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA)

It re-attaches industry liability for guns, which are an inherently dangerous consumer product. In the same way that autos adopted seat belts, child seats, air bags, etc., guns can be made safer, and distributed more discretely. <http://schiff.house.gov/press-releases/rep-schiff-highlights-new-report-on-immunity-shield-enjoyed-by-gun-manufacturers-and-

Curiously (but indicatively), each of these ideas has been rejected by the U.S. gun culture: your only proposal is...more guns, and even fewer restrictions.

And uhmmm here comes another looming controversy: since mental illness has become a player, it just seems that mental competency may need to be demonstrated, and periodically. I don't know any other way to screen the wackos out. Anybody else have ideas on that? Again, nothing personal, but the same ol' same ol' isn't cutting it.

What might make a better post, Boothy, would be for me to organize the solutions proposed by the experts on this subject. But first I think I'll monitor the abusive reactions to this one, heh heh...

Nah, none of your proposals above do any thing for me. So I'm quite happy to leave things as they are. Except for those two ridiculously stupid laws in Kali. The 'one hand gun per 30 day' thing, and the ten day waiting period for all firearms. At least for those of us who already own firearms in this state. Both are asine, quite useless and do nothing for society except to waste our precious time, burn up gas and take even more money out of our wallets that could be better used for ammo, accessories, shooting range time or self defense training......

Sen. Schiff sponsored some practical legislation in 2013. Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA)

It re-attaches industry liability for guns, which are an inherently dangerous consumer product. In the same way that autos adopted seat belts, child seats, air bags, etc., guns can be made safer, and distributed more discretely.

The issues would be "the same as autos" if car manufacturers were sued for drunk driving deaths. Holding manufacturers (of any product) responsible for criminal misuse of the product that is completely beyond their control has nothing to do with ordinary product liability law.

Jeff, I think it's your (pl) turn. Please show us any legal restrictions on guns (or gunowners) supported by the NRA or SAF.

I have already responded using the primary background-check legislation effort of 2013, which was double-gutted. It was first watered down at a table with NRA attorney/chief lobbyist Brian Judy "contributing"...then it was totally rejected by the NRA.

I didn't ask you about "legislative efforts". Many legislative efforts get gutted and not just for guns. You said ALL guns laws have been gutted. Tell me which ones please.....

It re-attaches industry liability for guns, which are an inherently dangerous consumer product. In the same way that autos adopted seat belts, child seats, air bags, etc., guns can be made safer, and distributed more discretely.

The issues would be "the same as autos" if car manufacturers were sued for drunk driving deaths. Holding manufacturers (of any product) responsible for criminal misuse of the product that is completely beyond their control has nothing to do with ordinary product liability law.

Its almost like jocal has never had anyone here tell him that numerous times. He just ignores it and then throws it back out in a few months as if no one would notice.

Are guns a good thing or a bad thing?

Guns are good. They level the playing field for weak men with small brains.

Ding ding ding!

50CalsatWalMartperJeffie_zps045feaaf.png

So what does a US Army Sniper IN UNIFORM holding a .50 Barrett while deployed have anything to do with Walmart or the idea of .50 cal rifles being used for mayhem and crime in the US???

Jojo, don't take offense to this..... but I don't think you quite understand the basic principles of logic. Just sayin'.

Deployed? We don't about that, Jeff. Even if he is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in dress blues, even if you change the man's clothes (he may be a civvy in camo for all I know), when you put him in a checkout line at Wal Mart, is that acceptable to you? Really?

If you see no danger in the generic U.S. wackos and other miscreants who will be attracted to such devices, who is being illogical?

Besides, the up side of the distribution of Barrett's gun is what? Let me guess: more "freedom?"

Lastly, why did Barrett insist it was strictly for the military only when he released it, then insist civilian distribution was essential?

My source? Tom Diaz, in The Last Gun.

I didn't ask you about "legislative efforts". Many legislative efforts get gutted and not just for guns. You said ALL guns laws have been gutted. Tell me which ones please.....

Like I said, your turn. Semantics are not enough here, I've made my point, twice. And the second example, the SAF bulk mailing, targeted laws which were in place. Look fella, they publicly announced that effort beforehand.

Now show me where the NRA or SAF are supporting effective, responsible gun legislation.

Civil (and other) liability goes much beyond say suing Chevrolet because a Chevy ran over your grandmother.

I think you blokes make many shallow arguments, and this is just one of them. It defies common sense, since all identifiable dangerous products are routinely altered, routinely restricted, and routinely sued for civil liability in certain situations-- EXCEPT GUNS. Given the damage done by U.S. guns, and the insane direction of the gunplayer mindset, I hope you are not expecting these rational requests for restriction and liability to go away... Cars, roads, bike riders without helmets, drivers' license requirements, DUI penalties, etc. have all changed for a good reason: public health. The same will someday apply to guns when the NRA and SAF are forced off the steroids...by others.

Jeff, I have a serious request of you. Since you have asked me several times (politely) to respond to certain questions, and I took a lot of time to do so, so please return in kind. And excuse me if I missed your answer amid the multiple gun threads (many responses are too ignorant for me to read IMO), but what is a summary of your difference in view or policy from the NRA? If answered elsewhere, a link will do. Thanks.

Why do I ask? Because your typing indicates that you are drinking the kool aid from what even you have called a "poisoned chalice".

The NRA (as far as I know) has absolutely NO authority nor power to repeal, gut or otherwise 'wish' a law into non-existence. So just what are you exactly on about? Imagine much?.....

As I have mentioned, you guys could up your game. Rick, you in particular seem to rely upon (and use regularly) sheer denial, as if it would change the facts.

Have you ever heard of the ILA? The "L" is for legislation. This sub-division of the NRA is what usurped the traditional, rational body of the NRA in 1977 at the hands of shotgun murderer Harlan Carter. He was in the same NRA faction as Charlton Heston.

Carter soon appointed co-conspirator Neal Knox the new head of ILA. Knox personified the new NRA's "no-compromise" approach. Knox's vision was that of an NRA that would go on the offensive and roll back the Gun Control Act of 1968, crushing those who got in its way. As Knox often paraphrased: it was good to be loved, it was better to be feared. Knox moved quickly to fulfill his mandate. Idaho Republican Senator Jim McClure and Missouri Democratic Representative Harold Volkmer soon filed a bill that would in effect gut the Gun Control Act of 1968. The McClure-Volkmer firearms decontrol bill would be the NRA's flagship piece of legislation until its passage in 1986. At the same time Knox launched a concerted campaign to discredit the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), the government agency charged with enforcing federal firearms laws.

http://stumbleinn.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20097>

From Wiki: The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the lobbying branch of the National Rifle Association of America.[49] Members of Congress have ranked the NRA as the most powerful lobbying organization in the country several years in a row.[8]

Boothystutuinaction_zps16e23cb9.png

Jeff, I have a serious request of you. Since you have asked me several times (politely) to respond to certain questions, and I took a lot of time to do so, so please return in kind. And excuse me if I missed your answer amid the multiple gun threads (many responses are too ignorant for me to read IMO), but what is a summary of your difference in view or policy from the NRA? If answered elsewhere, a link will do. Thanks.

Why do I ask? Because your typing indicates that you are drinking the kool aid from what even you have called a "poisoned chalice".

I answered that question several times. Directly to you in this thread or whatever other gun thread you asked me, and provided links. I'm not going to waste my time and sift through it again. Fucking PAY ATTENTION!

Civil (and other) liability goes much beyond say suing Chevrolet because a Chevy ran over your grandmother.

Again, I'll ask you a direct question that others have asked as well..... does Chevy get sued, legitimately, for a drunk driver that kills a busload of nuns? And don't give me your shit about safety rules and helmet laws.... none of that has fuck all to do with someone committing intentional harm. So answer the question....

The better question, Jeff....is does Chevy get sued when their products work oerfectly, and as designed? You know, just like a properly built & correctly working Marlin 336?.......

Getting a few Supreme Court Justices who can read the Second Amendment as written would be helpful.

Wow!!!! So everyone else has been reading it wrong? Maybe Obummer will give you an appointment to the SC.

As I asked the folks over in GA.... "what laws would have stopped this?" Honest question.

And didn't CO recently go all draconian on gun laws? How'd that work out? And as I also said over in GA, I'm ALL for holding the owners accountable when they let their unsecured guns fall into the hands of someone who uses it in a crime. Parents - lock your fucking guns up or go to jail for a LONG time when your halfwit, disturbed child you've ignored shoots up a school! Maybe if some parents or relatives start getting long jail sentences when their progeny gets their hands on a gun and uses it in a school shooting... then people will start to take notice and pay attention.

I would NOT mandate the specifics of HOW that would work (securing their guns), because many, many a kid in rural America responsibly use guns for hunting, target practice, competition, etc. without their parents around. I did as a kid, and I didn't murder anyone. Grabbler's kid is a perfect current example here too. But I would make it clear to the parent that you'd better damn well think hard about it and assess your kid, and if they showed any signs of being a psycho or sociopath - lock your damn guns up. And if you fail at that - then YOU go to jail. For a long time.

Tom, have we passed the 27 mark yet?

Tom, have we passed the 27 mark yet?

He's getting real close. I'm guessing he'll reach that number by the spring of 2018 cocktail hour.....

An open challenge to gunslingers in 2013 A.D.

By the way, I dedicate this post to anyone who has suggested that my posts and views are not based on facts.

I will match Tom Ray on ANY day, with sourced numbers and examples of specific gun mayhem. counted against Tom's specific legitimate self defense uses. Are you game, Tom Ray/NRA?

Better yet, let's play this game for one week, meaning seven days in a row, starting on a date of your choice.

Jeff and Boothy, okay to chime in, since Tom preaches to your Gun Club Choir.

Today is an okay example, I guess. Tom, if you can post 26 or more DGU's from yesterday, go right ahead.

1.Lance Holger Anderson, 60, is believed to have shot and killed his wife and sister in Santa Clarita CA, Wednesday morning. Lisa Nave, 58, Anderson’s sister, was shot in the head while in lying in a bed at a nursing and rehabilitation center in the North Hills area. Nave had been at the facility for five years and was in a vegetative state. An hour later, a woman believed to be Anderson’s wife, who reportedly had medical issues, was pronounced dead after being shot at a home in the Canyon Country area. The suspect is in custody.

KTLA5

2. Three people were killed and two others were wounded in shootings across Chicago, Ill., Tuesday and Wednesday. Deonte Womack, 21, was killed in a shooting in the South Shore neighborhood Tuesday afternoon. A few hours later, Kevin Johnson, 30, was shot to death in the Morgan Park neighborhood. A few hours after that, Demarcus Brandon, 25, tried to rob a cell phone store on the South Side, and the store’s owner shot and killed him.

Chicago Sun-Times

3. Three men were shot and wounded in east Arlington, Tex., Wednesday afternoon. Police discovered the victims in an S.U.V. carrying seven others, who were taken in for questioning. No weapons were recovered at the scene and no one was charged.

Dallas News

4.Two women and a man were wounded when someone opened fire in the Baldwin Hills/Crenshaw area of Los Angeles, Calif., Wednesday afternoon. No word on suspects or a motive.

Los Angeles Times

5.A teenage boy was shot in the leg while urinating in some bushes in southSeattle, Wash., Tuesday afternoon. The boy, who left school early, heard an engine accelerate behind him, turned around and saw a black sedan. The victim said two or three rounds were fired from a window, and he didn’t see who shot him. Gang unit officers are investigating.

The Seattle Times

6. A man in his late 20s was killed in a drive-by shooting in the Watts area ofLos Angeles Wednesday evening. The man was standing outside a home when someone fired a round, striking him in the chest. The suspected assailant fled the scene in a vehicle and remains at large.

Los Angeles Times

7. Denzel Hayden, 21, was shot in the stomach and killed and another person was wounded at an apartment complex in Greenville, S.C., Tuesday night. Police said three people came to the door of an apartment and a fight broke out, sparking a shootout. Clint Lewis Wright, 19, has been charged with murder.

Fox Carolina

8. A man in his 20s was fatally shot in a parking lot in Vallejo, Calif., Tuesday night. It was the second fatal shooting of the day: A man in his 20s was found fatally shot in a car parked in front of a supermarket Tuesday afternoon, drawing a hostile crowd that took four law enforcement agencies to contain.

San Jose Mercury News

9. One person was shot and wounded at a Publix supermarket in DeKalb County, Ga., Wednesday night. A person on the scene was fatally struck by a car. No word on whether the two incidents are related.

WSB-TV

10. Thomas Shaquille Rader, 20, was shot and killed at a home in Sanford, Fla., early Wednesday. Authorities haven’t ruled out the possibility that the shooting was accidental. It is the third shooting death in Sanford in four days: Travis Richardson, 30, was killed late Sunday, and Stacey Lamont Morrison, 31, was killed early Monday.

WRAL.com

11. One person was killed and another person was wounded in a shooting behind the Velvet Creamery restaurant in north Modesto, Calif., Wednesday afternoon. The victims ran to a nearby McDonald’s for help, where one of them collapsed. A witness said the man who died was clutching a large bag of marijuana. Police detained three people believed to be connected to the shootings.

The Modesto Bee

12. Jared Christopher Vincent, 22, was killed and another person was injured in a shooting at a south Baton Rouge, La., townhouse complex early Wednesday. No word on suspects. Detectives recently began conducting an undercover investigation at the complex after receiving tips about drug deals.

The Advocate

13. A man was shot and wounded on the east side of Indianapolis, Ind., Wednesday night. No word on suspects or a motive.

WISHTV.com

14. A man was shot in the leg and wounded at an apartment complex in eastGainesville, Fla., Tuesday night. Buddy J. Fleming, 19, who had written on Facebook that he planned to shoot the victim, turned himself in the next day. Police also arrested Trevis Avante Strawder, 19, an inmate at a nearby work-release center. Police said the shooting may be gang-related. Last month, a pregnant woman was shot and killed by her boyfriend at the same apartment complex.

WCJB-TV

15. Police say Rochelle Dixon, 44, was shot by her estranged boyfriend in southeast Columbus, Ohio, Wednesday night. Family members said they witnessed the shooting. The victim was reportedly afraid the suspect would come after her.

10TV.com

16. Radonna L. Holman, 55, was shot and killed in her home in La Russell, Mo., Monday night, and her husband, David K. Holman, 54, was arrested. The suspect had called 911 to report that his wife had been shot and offered no resistance when police arrived.

The Joplin Globe

17. Fuad Ali, 31, was shot in south Minneapolis, Minn., early Wednesday, and died about 12 hours later. The victim, originally from Somalia, was the owner of two event halls and the father of two young boys, with another child expected soon. No arrests have been made.

StarTribune

18. A man was shot and killed in Kansas City, Kan., Wednesday night. No word on suspects.

The Kansas City Star

19. Two men were shot, one fatally, in Richmond, Va., Wednesday night. Police are asking anyone with information to come forward.

WTVR.com

20. Two people were shot, one fatally, at an apartment complex in Chandler, Ariz., Tuesday night. Officers aren’t looking for suspects.

MyFoxPhoenix.com

21. A man and a woman in their 30s were shot and wounded when someone opened fire on their car in Ferguson, Mo., early Wednesday. The couple had been to a nightclub and were dropping off a friend when the shooting occurred. Police don’t know a motive and don’t have any suspects.

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

22. A 26-year-old man was found with a fatal gunshot wound to the head at a home on the south side of Billings, Mont., Tuesday afternoon. Police said it is unclear if foul play was involved.

Billings Gazette

23. Ernesto Chaires, 35, was killed and 34-year-old Jose Morales was critically wounded following an argument in Ripley, Miss., Wednesday morning. Isidro Mercado, 26, is in custody.

WREG

24. Narcisco Carrera, 27, was shot in the chest and throat in the parking lot of an apartment complex in Springfield, Tenn., Wednesday evening. Two suspects fled on foot.

The Tennessean

25. A man was found fatally shot in the head on a street near an apartment complex in southwest Houston, Tex., early Wednesday. The victim and his roommate may have had an altercation in a nearby apartment when the gunfire erupted. “It’s a sad situation, and it keeps happening over and over again,” a neighbor said. In a phone call to neighbors, the roommate said he didn’t do it.

KTRK.com

26. Deontre Miles, 23, was shot and killed in West Ashley, S.C., Wednesday night. No suspect has been identified at this time.

WCSC

According to Slate’s gun-death tracker, an estimated 11,428 people have died as a result of gun violence in America since the Newtown massacre on December 14, 2012.

f2vghs.jpg

Jeff, thanks for bringing up gun free zones: did you know that the NRA headquarters is exactly that?

Using your mad analytical skilz, (and your mad typing skilz), just what do you make of that?

And one more thing. Where might we find a succinct review of your differences of view with Wayne LaPierre?

I'm getting worn out asking you about that...

By the way, I dedicate this post to anyone who has suggested that my posts and views are not based on facts.

I will match Tom Ray on ANY day, with sourced numbers and examples of specific gun mayhem. counted against Tom's specific legitimate self defense uses. Are you game, Tom Ray/NRA?

According to Slate’s gun-death tracker, an estimated 11,428 people have died as a result of gun violence in America since the Newtown massacre on December 14, 2012.

I have already followed Slate's links and found them to lead to stories of defensive gun uses. You really want me to do it again? Or should I just link back to last time?

As I asked the folks over in GA.... "what laws would have stopped this?" Honest question.

And didn't CO recently go all draconian on gun laws? How'd that work out? And as I also said over in GA, I'm ALL for holding the owners accountable when they let their unsecured guns fall into the hands of someone who uses it in a crime. Parents - lock your fucking guns up or go to jail for a LONG time when your halfwit, disturbed child you've ignored shoots up a school! Maybe if some parents or relatives start getting long jail sentences when their progeny gets their hands on a gun and uses it in a school shooting... then people will start to take notice and pay attention.

I would NOT mandate the specifics of HOW that would work (securing their guns), because many, many a kid in rural America responsibly use guns for hunting, target practice, competition, etc. without their parents around. I did as a kid, and I didn't murder anyone. Grabbler's kid is a perfect current example here too. But I would make it clear to the parent that you'd better damn well think hard about it and assess your kid, and if they showed any signs of being a psycho or sociopath - lock your damn guns up. And if you fail at that - then YOU go to jail. For a long time.

He apparent bought the shotgun legally.

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268744/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=IRY1gOEq

CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) - A teenager who wounded a fellow student before killing himself at a suburban Denver high school entered the building with a shotgun, a machete, three Molotov cocktails and ammunition strapped to his body, likely intending to track down a librarian who had disciplined him, authorities said Saturday.

After firing a round down a hallway, Karl Pierson, 18, shot a fellow student who just happened to be sitting nearby with a friend as he headed toward the library. Claire Davis, 17, was shot in the head at point-blank range and remained hospitalized Saturday in critical condition.

f2vghs.jpg

And one more thing. Where might we find a succinct review of your differences of view with Wayne LaPierre?

I'm getting worn out asking you about that...

Then spend your time actually reading what people reply to you here and less time with your photoshop nonsense. I've already given you the links.... search is your friend. But I'm not holding your hand.

Better yet, let's play this game for one week, meaning seven days in a row, starting on a date of your choice.

Jeff and Boothy, okay to chime in, since Tom preaches to your Gun Club Choir.

blah blah blah

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that defensive gun uses had to reach an acceptable threshold before it was ok to defend myself.

Furthermore, I couldn't give two fucks what the balance between the two is. As you gun grabberz repeatedly like to say: "if it saves just one....." What's good for the goose is good for me.

Furthermore2: I would bet that the number of DGUs far exceeds the number of murders per year. Its just that a legitimate DGU might be simply having the gun and the bad guy decides to go somewhere else. I doubt many of those get reported.

Furthermore3: The SCOTUS says that self-defense is a core lawful purpose of the 2nd Am. It doesn't matter if its exercised 27x or 27,000x. Its here to stay. Suck it!

In a year or two, biometrics will be as easy as opening the drawer on your nightstand.

And as reliable? I doubt it. But I have set a reminder in my calendar to respond to this post in a year.

Plain old mechanical locks are still way better.

In a year or two, biometrics will be as easy as opening the drawer on your nightstand.

And as reliable? I doubt it. But I have set a reminder in my calendar to respond to this post in a year.

Plain old mechanical locks are still way better.

That is some funny shit! Better set your calendar again for next year.

JoCal - it's apparent that your intent has nothing to do with really addressing the problem - you just hate guns, and because you do, you are intent on seeing them eradicated from society. If that's what you want - cool, just say so.

If your goal really is the reduction of violence - then shouldn't you really try to better understand why it happens before you try to force a poorly considered emotional reaction to an object you hate as the only possible solution?

I notice that you haven't commented at ALL in the thread that I recently started - that says a bunch about you, and your true agenda. Think about that when you consider the perspective and responses of those here who want to see all the rights we enjoy as citizens of this country protected.

JoCal - it's apparent that your intent has nothing to do with really addressing the problem - you just hate guns, and because you do, you are intent on seeing them eradicated from society. If that's what you want - cool, just say so.

If your goal really is the reduction of violence - then shouldn't you really try to better understand why it happens before you try to force a poorly considered emotional reaction to an object you hate as the only possible solution?

I notice that you haven't commented at ALL in the thread that I recently started - that says a bunch about you, and your true agenda. Think about that when you consider the perspective and responses of those here who want to see all the rights we enjoy as citizens of this country protected.

You're wasting your breath..... Sadly.

Aren't we all?

Aren't we all?

Actually, Sean - I don't think so. Increasing awareness, acknowledging the validity of emotion and wading thru emotional responses to get to the root causes of an issue are good things. We are, I hope, waking up to the fact that many of our problems are a result of parental and societal dis-association. My contention is that the symptoms of the problem are quite widespread, and that the increasing propensity to employ violence as a response is just one.

People everywhere are generally decent, and have an innate desire to do the right thing. Some are wired wrong, and some are taught that wrong-wired behavior is right.

I hope our society isn't so broken that it will take a painful revolution to effect a change in a more positive, considerate direction, and that we can survive the effects of those wrong-wired behaviors with our overall goals for humanity intact.

A few examples of armed citizens fulfilling the core lawful purpose of the second amendment since my last update a month ago:

Armed robber picks gun nutter as his target, winds up with new holes in his legs, chest, face, and arms, DOA at hospital.

Two home invaders attack and repeatedly shoot 64 year old gun nutter. One dead, one captured, nutter recovering.

Armed robbers enter restaurant, gun nutter shoots at them, they flee and are later captured seeking treatment for their gunshot wounds at a hospital. Again.

Teenage armed robber invades home of 64 year old grandgun nutter for the second time and she shoots and kills him.

Three armed men invade gun nutter's home and he proves the utility of his AK-47 rifle in fulfilling the core lawful purpose of the second amendment

90 year old gun nutter takes on robber at his business, robber decides to exit the confrontation. No shots fired. Still looks like a defensive gun use to me, if not to anti-gun researchers.

Shovel nutter breaks gun nutter's door, enters home and gets shot and killed

Tooth nutter bites gun nutter cabby, who draws his gun and stops the conflict. No shots fired, suspect held at gunpoint for police.

Scrap metal thieves asked to stop stealing and leave by gun nutter, instead approach and threaten him. One shot in the groin and later captured seeking medical attention at a hospital (again), the other captured without incident.

Three armed robbers invade gun nutter's home, he racks shotgun and they decide to leave. No shots fired.

Home invaders caught by gun nutter, make the stupid mistake of trying to attack him, one is shot, both captured.

Ex-boyfriend breaks into gun nutter's home and attacks her, gets shot

Carjacker jumps in vehicle with concealed weapons permit carrying gun nutter, sits still with gun pointed at his head until cops arrive. Another defensive gun use with no shots fired.

Armed robbers attack store owner, who manages to chase them outside and lock the door. They try to break back in, at which point a concealed weapons permit carrying gun nutter approached them with his own gun and they decided to leave. No shots fired. Defensive gun use, this time in defense of another person.

Crowbar nutter threatens CWP carrying gun nutter, who draws his gun, convincing the crowbar nutter to flee. No shots fired.

Home invaders accost gun nutter in his driveway, take him inside and beat him. Gun nutter manages to get to his gun and shoots both, one fatally. The resulting injury to the other one will once again help in the legal case against him.

Armed robber out on parole tries to rob cell phone store, gets shot and killed by gun nutter clerk. His accomplice broke an ankle trying to flee and was captured.

The Choir called me "he who shall not be spoken of" a few years ago, but frankly, it seems to have mucho trouble dealing with the hard info I present.

Hold on.

... Frank?

That would explain a lot.

The Choir called me "he who shall not be spoken of" a few years ago, but frankly, it seems to have mucho trouble dealing with the hard info I present.

Hold on.

... Frank?

That would explain a lot.

Could there be meghetto-ating circumstances at work here?....

In a Maryland mall...nutter dead along with three victims

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/25/police-respond-to-report-shooting-at-maryland-mall/

first of all, go back and re-learn both basic reading and counting skills.

2nd - why are these guys labled "gun nutters"? To me, a ______ nut is an "enthusiast". Someone who has been into the activity for a while, engages in the activity on a regular basis, and probably thinks about and talks about the activity frequently with other "nuts". Someone who compulsively races sailboats, talks about sailboats, thinks about sailing, etc - like most of us - are sailing nutters. Someone who buys a Bendy toy cruiser so they can go out on the bay occasionally with their family when the weather is nice is not a sailing nutter. The sailboat is simply a "tool", a means to an end, of getting out of the house and the office and having something to do with the family 4 or 5 weekends a year.

Along those lines, the majority of the folks in recent mass shooting history have NOT been "gun nuts by any definition of the word. Most either bought the gun just prior to the shooting or stole it from a relative. The Gabby Giffords shooter, the Aurora shooter, the LAX shooter, the Va Tech shooter, all the recent spate of school shootings, the Columbine shooters, the Ft Hood shooter.... none of them could be described as anything close to being a "gun nut". Most went and purchased their guns (legally) very soon before the incident. The gun, for them, was simply a tool to carry out their psychotic plans. They did not go home and fondle their "precious" night after night while the gun whispered in their ear to go commit mayhem. The only ones that come to mind that might be condsidered gun "enthusiasts" were the Sandy Hook kid and the nutcase in Norway. And even then, the Sandy Hook kid didn't even own the guns, his mother did. yes he shot them occasionally with her. But I have not seen anything to indicate that he was obsessed with guns.

Gun nutters like me are offended by the use of the term in conjuction with these mentally fucked up people.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/25/police-respond-to-report-shooting-at-maryland-mall/

Too bad a nutter was not on hand to stop the nutter, as happened here. And here.

In other news...

Three home invaders kick in gun nutter's door, leave when he opens fire. One soon shows up seeking medical attention for his gunshot wounds.

Armed robber attacks gun nutter and they shoot each other. The nutter died and the nutter survived. This happened in Philly, so they are still trying to decide whether to charge the nutter with a crime.

Home invader cuts power to home, kicks in door, leaves when 14 year old gun nutter shoots at him.

Home invader breaks gun nutter's window, gets shot, continues advancing toward nutter, gets shot again

Fake gun nutter attempts to rob real gun nutter, gets shot

Gun nutter attempts to rob gun nutter as he (the nutter) opened a jewelry store. The nutter drew his gun on the nutter, at which point the nutter shot himself in the head with his own gun.

Man attacks 13 year old Boy Scout, gun nutter hears cries for help and shoots the man. Murder charges against the nutter have been dropped pending the gathering of more evidence.

Intruder breaks into gun nutter's home, gets shot

Another intruder breaks into another gun nutter's home, also gets shot

And then there was the guy who broke into a gun nutter's home. He got shot.

This one's wierd. A guy broke into a gun nutter's house, got shot and left. He was soon captured due to his injuries. OK, nothing weird about any of that, but the weird part is that the gun nutter and his wife were somehow injured. As the CDC has noted, people who use firearms in self-defense are less likely to be injured than people who choose other methods. It's odd that a nutter and his wife were injured.

Two armed robbers break into gun nutter's home. One gets shot and they both decide to leave.

And last but not least, I have finally found a long-sought example of police being outgunned. Well, sort of. None of the implications of that case seem to be the ones sought by people who want gun control because of the terrible (but incredibly elusive) problem of police being outgunned.

first of all, go back and re-learn both basic reading and counting skills.

2nd - why are these guys labled "gun nutters"? To me, a ______ nut is an "enthusiast". Someone who has been into the activity for a while, engages in the activity on a regular basis, and probably thinks about and talks about the activity frequently with other "nuts". Someone who compulsively races sailboats, talks about sailboats, thinks about sailing, etc - like most of us - are sailing nutters. Someone who buys a Bendy toy cruiser so they can go out on the bay occasionally with their family when the weather is nice is not a sailing nutter. The sailboat is simply a "tool", a means to an end, of getting out of the house and the office and having something to do with the family 4 or 5 weekends a year.

Along those lines, the majority of the folks in recent mass shooting history have NOT been "gun nuts by any definition of the word. Most either bought the gun just prior to the shooting or stole it from a relative. The Gabby Giffords shooter, the Aurora shooter, the LAX shooter, the Va Tech shooter, all the recent spate of school shootings, the Columbine shooters, the Ft Hood shooter.... none of them could be described as anything close to being a "gun nut". Most went and purchased their guns (legally) very soon before the incident. The gun, for them, was simply a tool to carry out their psychotic plans. They did not go home and fondle their "precious" night after night while the gun whispered in their ear to go commit mayhem. The only ones that come to mind that might be condsidered gun "enthusiasts" were the Sandy Hook kid and the nutcase in Norway. And even then, the Sandy Hook kid didn't even own the guns, his mother did. yes he shot them occasionally with her. But I have not seen anything to indicate that he was obsessed with guns.

Gun nutters like me are offended by the use of the term in conjuction with these mentally fucked up people.

And we can add to that list the recent MD mall shooter. He reportedly bought his shotgun just the month prior. Definitely not a gun nut.

And OBTW - did you all notice he used a shotgun? That's what..... 3 out of the last three recent mass shootings have been shottys. Where is Diane Fuckstein holding up a Rem 870 on national TV and calling for a shotgun ban??? WTF?

Man Charged With Shooting And Killing Neighbors Because He Thought They Were Trespassing

Sixty year-old Garrick Hopkins was showing his brother Carl a property in Barboursville, WV that he had recently purchased and where he planned to build a home when the two men were fatally shot. Police charged his neighbor Rodney Bruce Black with two counts of first degree murder for the killings. Black incorrectly believed that the Hopkins brothers were trespassing on his land.

According to the criminal complaint, Black told detectives that after seeing two men “shaking the door on his tool shed in his backyard” he grabbed his rifle, loaded the gun, and shot both men from his window. Black admits that he did not warn the men or call 911.

The shed that Black claimed the men were attempting to break into was on Garrick Hopkins’ land and belonged to him, according to police.

Inside Black’s home, authorities seized multiple weapons and a stockpile of ammunition. Black is currently being held without bond in the Western Regional Jail and his preliminary hearing is set for February 4.

Excellent call on the DA's part.

Whatcha got next? Drunk driver charged with vehicular manslaughter after plowing thru a crowd of lesbian nuns?.....

Excellent call on the DA's part.

Whatcha got next? Drunk driver charged with vehicular manslaughter after plowing thru a crowd of lesbian nuns?.....

Your debasing yourself Booth.

Guest One of Five

And we can add to that list the recent MD mall shooter. He reportedly bought his shotgun just the month prior. Definitely not a gun nut.

And OBTW - did you all notice he used a shotgun? That's what..... 3 out of the last three recent mass shootings have been shottys. Where is Diane Fuckstein holding up a Rem 870 on national TV and calling for a shotgun ban??? WTF?

I forgot was he mostly mental or definitely mental? He was BGC'ed to I believe just a month before. Gosh how'd that work out?

The shotgun was reported but it didn't have the, let's prey on the absolute minority of death dealing machine guns ripping apart angelic white children appeal.

In related news, the Internet is facing a bit shortage due to indiscriminate cutting and pasting of large amounts of irrelevant material which is never read. Wasteful.... very very wasteful. Authorities say that if the offenders are not reined in, people may be faced with the prospect of using pencils and paper or in the most extreme cases talking to live people occupying the same physical space as them.

Irrelevant? Hardly. I count 109 documented gun shootings in one weekend there. It speaks to the enormity of the problem. Let's face it.

I notice you didn't paste them with the links this time, making it harder for me to identify the ones that are self-defense shootings so I can ask you questions you will not answer.

Your silence strongly suggests you think Ms. Mason should have just laid back and thought of England, you know...

I think mixing self-defense cases like hers and the others I have picked out of your long copy/pastes with violent crimes is dishonest.

(Geez, this thread is like memory lane.)

Len, please consider that I have noticed that the SA Gun Club is getting its gun damage info from jaded sources.

And that you guys have demonstrated a pattern of ignorance and marginalization such that you would NEVER open a link from me.

Ergo, in your face time for moi. My full text policy will continue until I hear from BJ or Scot.

If you don't want to be embarassed by being mugged by the facts (like Simple Jeff was three or four times), then just absorb the facts presented.

BTW I made it easy for others to find me by entering my full name on these boards, several times. Only one person found my Facebook.

(It was Scot, with a friend request.)

Tom, these 109 shootings found in the media in one weekend are about average, and these were taken from a source which offered no links.

Re: dishonesty on my part.

Nope. In the New York Times, Joe Nocera and his partner Jennifer Mascia published every gun shooting they could find for one year, then called it quits.

They passed on EVERY self-defense shooting they came across (and so did I). Their own specific comment was that they simply never came across that many DGU's.

If you want direct discussions, then avoid dodgy responses, trite semantics, and cherry picking after careful presentations. (If you can.)

Badgeless One, you are not thinking clearly if you think I need to twist, magnify, or embellish facts, hide facts, or strip links from any accounts of gunplay in the USA. Speaking for myself, the volume of our daily gun damage is both appalling and disgusting. Very unpleasant stuff.

Yet there's more gun violence where that comes from.

Peace. Carry on.

The Last Gun Report

JUNE 10, 2014 5:28 PMJune 10, 2014 5:28 pm 861 Comments

Last Thursday, Jennifer Mascia and I posted our last Gun Report. It was my feeling that although it had been a useful tool — a daily statement about gun violence in America — The Gun Report had run its course.

During the year and change that we published it, readers got a close-up look at the many forms gun violence takes — the horrifying incidents involving children shooting other children; the drive-by shootings; the shootings that result from a moment’s rage; and so on. There weren’t just one or two shootings each day; there were 30 or more. On weekends, the carnage was horrific. The Gun Report also became a place where gun proponents and gun opponents could voice their views in the comment section.

But a few months ago, I began to feel that we had made the point already. Day after day, week after week, there was a numbing sameness to the shootings. And to be blunt, most of those who posted comments were not getting closer to finding common ground than when we began.

So I decided that it was time to bid it adieu. We are proud of what accomplished with The Gun Report, and we hope that you found it useful.

861COMMENTS

Pasted from <http://nocera.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/06/10/the-last-gun-report/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0>

Are you seriously telling us that the stats from the Federal Bureau of Investigation are jaded? But that yours are not? Are you fuking kidding us? Jeezis keyrhyst, no wonder no one takes you seriously here.....

Are you seriously telling us that the stats from the Federal Bureau of Investigation are jaded? But that yours are not? Are you fuking kidding us? Jeezis keyrhyst, no wonder no one takes you seriously here.....

That's incorrect. I take him seriously, and I appreciate the effort he puts into his posts.

Rather than dismiss Jocal's posts out of hand, why don't you try reading and understanding them? I like you Boothie, but I have to say that Jocal's posts are much more thoughtful and sensible than your responses to them.

I have already followed Slate's links and found them to lead to stories of defensive gun uses. You really want me to do it again? Or should I just link back to last time?

What the hell kind of logic is this?

(Answer: evasive, weak, violent logic.)

A few defensive gun uses do not offset the interpersonal carnage of 26 shootings, Oh Badgeless Wonder.

To expose what you are laying out here, even if 26 DGU's matched 26 criminal homicides, that's what one would call a real mess. It would show a broken, gun-ridden society. Is that what you are proposing?

How many daily DGU's are you claiming, and what is your source?

And when are you going to up your game?

All the answers to those questions of your are answered in that thread I started in your honor today. The one I might add that you've chosen to completely ignore. Just like I knew you would-----'cuz it obliviates everything you've said here since you joined up.....

That's incorrect. I take him seriously, and I appreciate the effort he puts into his posts.

Rather than dismiss Jocal's posts out of hand, why don't you try reading and understanding them? I like you Boothie, but I have to say that Jocal's posts are much more thoughtful and sensible than your responses to them.

You would.

You are given 1 billion tax dollars and directed to spend it on the problem that will saves the most lives.

Regulating and enforcing legal gun ownership would be near the bottom of that list.

If you really cared then you would concentrate on the more productive areas first.

The truth is you hate the other side and taking their guns give you am sadistic pleasure. It isn't because you really think it makes you safer.

In fact I have posted clear evidence that it might even make you less safe.

You are given 1 billion tax dollars and directed to spend it on the problem that will saves the most lives.

Regulating and enforcing legal gun ownership would be near the bottom of that list.

If you really cared then you would concentrate on the more productive areas first.

The truth is you hate the other side and taking their guns give you am sadistic pleasure. It isn't because you really think it makes you safer.

In fact I have posted clear evidence that it might even make you less safe.

Is that directed at me?

To expose what you are laying out here, even if 26 DGU's matched 26 criminal homicides, that's what one would call a real mess. It would show a broken, gun-ridden society. Is that what you are proposing?

I would call that a "good start"......

He also thinks the stats from the CDC are "jaded" too.