Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bull Gator

Gun nutter sttrikes again

Good grief, for most of these groups, there is no "legitimate civilian use" for any firearm at all. The pro GC groups are some of the most dishonest propagandists in existence. There is absolutely zero indication that terrorist groups would utilize a firearm like this, and plenty of reason to believe that the real market is going to be guys with too much money and too little time to learn long distance shooting and hunting without the aid of a computerized rifle, and to a lesser extent possible police and military applications. It is not magic, it just makes the learning curve a little less steep at the expense of finer control of the end result. So basically it is a lot like computer aided traction control in a sports car. Big F'ing deal. Terrorists use things like IEDs and truck bombs, improvised weapons made out of commonly available items. They only use 27k computerized rifles in action movies. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Although, I guess I should be happy that they are now focusing their energy on banning something I would never ever buy anyway.

Don't forget the "insurrectionists" and "hate groups." I think they mean the NRA. Scarier than Ebola.

Don't forget the "insurrectionists" and "hate groups." I think they mean the NRA. Scarier than Ebola.

NO! Nothing is scarier than ebonics.... I mean ebola.

To expose what you are laying out here, even if 26 DGU's matched 26 criminal homicides, that's what one would call a real mess. It would show a broken, gun-ridden society. Is that what you are proposing?

I would call that a "good start"......

Then you would be proposing a vigilante blueprint for society.

Please explain this, Jeff.

I guess Jocal missed my self-defense updates?

Linky? Are you willing to discuss them directly, and honestly? If so, I'm game.

ManondikeTomscredibility_zps39935104.png

So protecting yourself, your loved ones or even complete strangers by ANY means available or neccessary is considered 'vigilantism' in your book?.....

Here's the most recent:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=142774&page=27#entry4664266

The link leads to the top of this page, so you could just scroll up. Prior ones are on previous pages.

BTW, calling the private transfer exemption a "gun show loophole" is designed to sow confusion in two ways: one, it exists everywhere, not just at gun shows, and two, it's a valid exemption, which is why it is included in bills like Washington's own 594, the favorite new gun control bill of the billionaire set. They don't call it a "loophole" in their own law, though.

Or just do what us intelligent people do and look at the FBI's own stats. Which prove all of your verbal ejaculate you paste here incorrect. But thanks for playing-----loser....

Hi Rick. The FBI figures are not jaded, as such, but they are not complete, either. And they are open to a wide sway in their interpretation. Tom likes to quote the high percentage of black-involved homicides from the first line of this one, from table 3. His unflattering stat is that blacks, with 16% of the U.S. population, have compiled 5486 murders, but the whites only 4729. (Note, 4077 other murders, ONE THIRD, are of unknown racial origin). But see below for a more subtle take of the bigger racial picture.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3

But since you insist on the validity of an FBI-only data set, let's look into it further. Three of the favorite geographical areas brought up by others on our boards are non-reporters to the FBI system. From the report you insist on using:

--In 2010, as in years past, the state of Florida did not submit any data to the FBI Supplementary Homicide Report. Data from Florida was not requested individually because the difference in collection techniques would create a bias in the study results.

--In addition, according to the FBI, limited SHR data was received from Illinois for 2010.

--For the five-year period 2006 through 2010, the District of Columbia submitted SHR data only in 2009, during which there

were no justifiable homicides in the District.

FBI REPORT, Justifiable Homicides by Firearm

It could be that you need to do more reading (and less habitual belittling of others, heh heh.)

Because here's another reason not to put all your eggs in the FBI stat basket.

The single absolutely valid metric is from the FBI Uniform Crime Reports tables of justifiable homicides. The data show that that very consistently from year to year, close to 200 defensive homicides occur each year in the entire country, a very low number. This number gives a minute chance of lethal defensive gun use: 1/1,000,000.

However, when the FBI UCR data are looked at to see, when shooters do kill, WHO they kill, it is FAMILY, FRIENDS AND ONESELF BY A PERCENTAGE OF 94% (suicide data is from the CDC, also on line).

Pasted from <http://www.msnbc.com/melissa-harris-perry/watch/gun-reform-and-the-compulsion-for-protection-91937347745>

But to be fair to you, and to be objective, here is the problem with these FBI figures. This cite is from a knee-jerk, pro-gun source.

The import of the cite is that we need to standardize this reporting, and to confront the NRA about systemically obfuscating the data.

Justifiable Homicide: How the FBI Uniform Crime Report defines it

Friday, December 7, 2012 2:30

If you rely on the FBI Uniform Crime Reports (UCR) for numbers of justifiable homicides, the numbers will always be significantly under reported. First, in many years, many states simply do not submit numbers, so they are not counted. Not all police jurisdictions in other states submit numbers, so the total is always going to be low.

The definition of justifiable homicides vary from state to state. What is reported is often politically determined.

Here is the FBI UCR definition for justifiable homicides, from pages 17 and 18 of the Uniform Crime Reporting Handbook:

Justifiable Homicide

Certain willful killings must be classified as justifiable or excusable. In UCR, Justifiable Homicide is defined as and limited to:

• The killing of a felon by a peace officer in the line of duty.

• The killing of a felon, during the commission of a felony, by a private citizen.

NOTE: To submit offense data to the UCR Program, law enforcement agencies must report the willful (nonnegligent) killing of one individual by another, not the criminal liability of the person or persons involved.

The following scenarios illustrate incidents known to law enforcement that reporting agencies would consider Justifiable Homicide:

15. A police officer answered a bank alarm and surprised the robber coming out of the bank. The robber saw the responding officer and fired at him. The officer returned fire, killing the robber. The officer was charged in a court of record as a matter of routine in such cases.

16. When a gunman entered a store and attempted to rob the proprietor, the storekeeper shot and killed the felon.

NOTE: Justifiable homicide, by definition, occurs in conjunction with other offenses. Therefore, the crime being committed when the justifiable homicide took place must be reported as a separate offense. Reporting agencies should take care to ensure that they do not classify a killing as justifiable or excusable solely on the claims of self-defense or on the action of a coroner, prosecutor, grand jury, or court.

The following scenario illustrates an incident known to law enforcement that reporting agencies would not consider Justifiable Homicide:

17. While playing cards, two men got into an argument. The first man attacked the second with a broken bottle. The second man pulled a gun and killed his attacker. The police arrested the shooter; he claimed self-defense.

By this definition, many justifiable homicides will never be reported to the FBI.

2012-12-07 02:20:47

Source: http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2012/12/how-fbi-uniform-crime-report-defines.html

Rick, here's a more racially balanced look at homicides, from your FBI source:

The Shooters: # In 2010

52.6 percent (121) of the shooters who committed justifiable homicides were white,

44.3 percent (102) were black,

2.2 percent (five) were Asian,

none were American Indian, and

0.9 percent (two) were of unknown race.7

For the five-year period 2006 through 2010,

53.1 percent (547) of the shooters who committed justifiable homicides were white,

40.8 percent (421) were black,

3.3 percent (34) were Asian

0.4 percent (four) were American Indian, and

2.4 percent (25) were of unknown race.

[For additional information see Table Seven:

Race of Shooter in Justifiable Homicides by Firearm, 2006–2010.]

The Deceased

Race of Persons Killed in Justifiable Homicides by Firearm

# In 2010, 39.1 percent (90) of persons killed with a gun in a justifiable homicide were white,

60.0 percent (138) were black,

none were Asian,

0.4 percent (one) was American Indian, and

0.4 percent (one) were of unknown race.

39.6 percent (408) of persons killed with a gun in a justifiable homicide were white,

58.2 percent (600) were black,

0.4 percent (four) were Asian,

1.1 percent (11) were American Indian, and

0.8 percent (eight) were of unknown race.

[For additional information see Table Eight:

Race of Persons Killed in Justifiable Homicides by Firearm, 2006–2010.]

Those shot by whites

65.1 percent (356) of the persons killed by white shooters were white,

32.7 percent (179) were black,

0.2 percent (one) were Asian, 1.1 percent (six) were American Indian, and

0.9 percent (five) were of unknown race.

[For additional information see Table Nine: Race of Shooter and Person

Killed, Justifiable Homicides by Firearm, 2006–2010.]

Tom likes to breezily sell guns as anti-rape devices.

What do the FBI figures show? That this "Let's arm the females" subject is a complex, mixed bag.

FBI report on Women and Self Defense

In 2009…1,818 females were murdered by males in single victim/single offender incidents that were submitted to the FBI for its Supplementary Homicide Report. Examination of that data dispels many of the myths regarding the nature of lethal violence against females.

• For homicides in which victim-to-offender relationship could be identified, 93% of female victim (1,579 out of 1,693) were murdered by a male they knew.

• Nearly fourteen times as may females were murdered by a male they knew (1,579 victims) as were killed by male strangers (114 victims).

• For victims who knew their offenders, 63% (989) of female homicide victims were wives or intimate acquaintances of their killers.

• There were 296 women shot and killed by either their husbands or acquaintances during the course of an argument.

• Nationwide, for homicides in which the weapon could be determined (1,654), more female homicides were committed with firearms (53%) than any other weapon.

• <http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded/expandhomicidemain>

Here's the most recent:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=142774&page=27#entry4664266

The link leads to the top of this page, so you could just scroll up. Prior ones are on previous pages.

BTW, calling the private transfer exemption a "gun show loophole" is designed to sow confusion in two ways: one, it exists everywhere, not just at gun shows, and two, it's a valid exemption, which is why it is included in bills like Washington's own 594, the favorite new gun control bill of the billionaire set. They don't call it a "loophole" in their own law, though.

Are you imagining the bolded words? Actually, you taught me better than that. To whom are you referring?

Meh, why do you think we need to generate any confusion? We need to dispel the confusion placed by yourself and the gun lobby.

Do you think we are fabricating this problem? :rolleyes:

40% of gun sales are private, a HUGE problem which lacks background checks. This void of responsibility is explicitly supported by yourself for some dubious reason. (Dumbassery, IMO.) One of your own tables, which I saw today, shows private sales as a significant source for criminals' guns, IIRC.

The gun show loophole, at 2% of the market, is a different problem, and a lesser problem, yes--but one that our neighbors to the north and south (Canada and Mexico) have both formally complained about. Dr. Garen Wintemute did an extensive study (278 gun shows in 19 states) and brought back consistent photographic evidence of a steady stream of straw buyers. You avoided or denied this evidence in another thread. If you have a platform to stand on, take a look at it and let's toss it around. But for you to simply deny that a gun show loophole exists is not acceptable to me. It strains your credibility publicly, Tom

"Inside Gun Shows: What Goes on When Everybody Thinks Nobody’s Watching,"

http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/welcome/features/20090923_gun_study/index.html>

Gawd dammit but I love Arizona, State of the Free. Long live legal private firearm sales!.........

stayin dry?

Inch & a half here yesterday in 45 minutes. Red rivers of silt pouring off the Dragoons. Guess Tucson metro area got their asses kicked a lot worse. Somewhere north/west of Marana I heard they're still looking for an Ace Hardware delivery van. Cue Muddy Waters.....

Teenage gangsters attempt robbery, gun nutter shoots and kills 15 year old

...Police say a 15-year-old boy, whom they describe as a known gang member, was shot and killed at 2nd and National.

Police say the 15-year-old boy had previously been arrested for armed robbery, auto theft, fleeing and theft.

Police say he was a victim in a non-fatal shooting that occurred on August 1st in the 3100 block of N. 55th Street.

A 30-year-old West Allis man was taken into custody Monday for shooting the 15-year-old boy. He has been released — but ordered in to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office on a future date.

Police say they have arrested five additional suspects believed to be part of a group responsible for “dozens” of Milwaukee-area robberies committed over a three-day period — including the 2nd and National attempted armed robbery that resulted in the fatal shooting.

The suspects arrested by police are: two 14-year-old boys, a 16-year-old boy, a 17-year-old boy, and an 18-year-old man.

Guns didn't cause this tragedy.

Growing up in a neighborhood where joining a gang meant surviving and dealing drugs was one of very few ways to make money did. I know Jocal will count it as a gun death, but I count it as a drug war death and an apparently legitimate self-defense shooting.

I disagree. It seems to go back to Jeff's idea that 26 good guys shooting 26 miscreants on a given day is "a good start."

He counts 26 pro-gun victories. I count 52 tragedies.

Because even the shooters walk away messed up, according to psychologists. (This includes policemen, infantry, and sometimes even commanding officers.)

And because the dispassionate administration of justice is the hallmark of a civilized country.

(Sidebar: Native Americans were quite impressed by our calm, systematic legal hearings, and copied them in the PNW circa 1830.)

One (or twenty-six) daily DGU's is not a good start, nor is it socially desirable. It's mayhem, i.e. the lack of civilization.

It's de-generation of society... now driven by guns on both sides.

I answered as directly as I could. Your turn; I ask that you do the same.

I think you should be preaching to the criminal scum of this country. .....instead of us responsible gun owners. You've been jerking your lettuce here for two years, but unfortunately you've been jerking it to the wrong audience. We're not the problem, it's the parasites of America who are the problem. .....

So protecting yourself, your loved ones or even complete strangers by ANY means available or neccessary is considered 'vigilantism' in your book?.....

It's far from a personal definition. (Don't you ever follow your curiosity to any reading outside of Political Anarchy?)

Wikipdia: (first line)

A vigilante is a civilian who undertakes law enforcement with or without legal authority.

The appalling part of this: pro-gunners claim to trump genteel behavior with the U.S. Constitution, while bypassing a basic: the due process of law.

​Not even the government or law enforcement has that right, but the NRA and SAF have bestowed it onto any gunowner?

Others can see right through this; it fails the smell test, buddy.

I think you should be preaching to the criminal scum of this country. .....instead of us responsible gun owners. You've been jerking your lettuce here for two years, but unfortunately you've been jerking it to the wrong audience. We're not the problem, it's the parasites of America who are the problem. .....

"Criminal scum of this country" are not the problem.

85% of our homicides are committed by family and acquaintances, not criminal strangers.

Furthermore, the "parasites" you refer to have the same needs and traits and hopes as the Nursetta.

You talk like white trash. A lot.

Did the guy who raped your wife have 'needs & traits & hopes' that she and you approve of?.....

Guest One of Five

Did the guy who raped your wife have 'needs & traits & hopes' that she and you approve of?.....

You really need to drop that Shit. .. pronto.

Uhm...., no I don't, it's a legit question given all the crap he's posted about it. He claims his wife would not have shot him if she had a gun with her. I'm thinking he's full of shit. Fuk, I would have shot the fuker if I stumbled across that scene. With. No. Hesitation. At. All. Guys like that don't deserve sympathy.....

Tell ya what, let's go one even better. See if y'all can follow me on this one;

Hey Jocal, did that guy get arrested, tried & convicted?....

Uhm...., no I don't, it's a legit question given all the crap he's posted about it. He claims his wife would not have shot him if she had a gun with her. I'm thinking he's full of shit. Fuk, I would have shot the fuker if I stumbled across that scene. With. No. Hesitation. At. All. Guys like that don't deserve sympathy.....

That's not for you to say, Amigo.

The perp was Navy personnel with a good record, then committed multiple rapes.

He was successfully prosecuted in Northern California by our remarkable legal system.

My wife kept a loaner gun under her pillow for a year, then relinquished it when some healing kicked in.

Counselling worked in her favor (not ancient concepts of vengeance).

If you can't handle the truth of her words, then just think about it while pheasant hunting.

She has tits and she came out of it twice the man you are.

Kevin, a powerful thank-you goes out.

Blah blah blah. Now my second question----is he still in prison? .....

Agree. Not cool. Its one thing to ask a related question about the incident. But that's just an unnecessary jab in the eye.

However, when the FBI UCR data are looked at to see, when shooters do kill, WHO they kill, it is FAMILY, FRIENDS AND ONESELF BY A PERCENTAGE OF 94% (suicide data is from the CDC, also on line).

Pasted from <http://www.msnbc.com/melissa-harris-perry/watch/gun-reform-and-the-compulsion-for-protection-91937347745>

First of all Joe, you're wearing out the scroll wheel on my mouse. I'm on my 3rd one because of you.

And for the last time, suicides do NOT belong in a discussion about gun crime, homicides, defensive shootings etc. Take out suicides and that 94% number plummets. Its disingenuous and I will call you on your BS every time. I tune you out the moment you try to slip in that kind of BS into a discussion. What tiny shred of credibility you have shrinks every time you try to pull that.

To expose what you are laying out here, even if 26 DGU's matched 26 criminal homicides, that's what one would call a real mess. It would show a broken, gun-ridden society. Is that what you are proposing?

I would call that a "good start"......

Then you would be proposing a vigilante blueprint for society.

Please explain this, Jeff.

I think you need to go re-look up the word "vigilante". Defending yourself from an attack is not vigilantism. If those people defending themselves were out on the streets looking for trouble ala Charles Bronson, you might have a point. But trouble finds them instead - usually in their home or at their workplace. Having a gun in your home is not being a vigilante. Carrying a gun for protection is not being a vigilante. Walking up to a drug dealer on the corner near an elementary school and assassinating him IS being a vigilante. See the difference?

As for the 26 DGU's being a good start..... what's your alternative? In your world, there would be an additional 26 people dead, raped, robbed, stabbed or beaten. DGU's don't just happen in a vacuum. For someone to use a gun to defend them self - it means that someone was threatening their life. I would rather have 26 innocent folks still alive who can go back to their family that night instead of their family having to IDing them in the morgue. And if that means that an additional 26 shitbags are dead as a result - then yes, that is a good start. Being a criminal is a dangerous line of work. Or it is so long as there is an armed populace who has the ability to protect themselves.

Are you imagining the bolded words? Actually, you taught me better than that. To whom are you referring?

Meh, why do you think we need to generate any confusion? We need to dispel the confusion placed by yourself and the gun lobby.

Do you think we are fabricating this problem? :rolleyes:

40% of gun sales are private, a HUGE problem which lacks background checks.

No, I'm not imagining them, I see them all the time. Want me to search this forum for that phrase and show you? Such a search won't show the picture you posted, and on which I was commenting. At least, I thought I imagined that pic had those words. Was I wrong?

I think you need to generate confusion to hide what you really intend: you don't intend to regulate gun shows. You intend to regulate individuals.

Yes, you're fabricating the "gun show loophole" problem.

crime-gun-sources.gif

Hi Rick. The FBI figures are not jaded, as such, but they are not complete, either. And they are open to a wide sway in their interpretation. Tom likes to quote the high percentage of black-involved homicides from the first line of this one, from table 3. His unflattering stat is that blacks, with 16% of the U.S. population, have compiled 5486 murders, but the whites only 4729.

I only "like" to point that out when people like yourself come along claiming that a high rate of gun ownership causes high crime rates.

The gun ownership rate among black Americans is significantly lower than among whites, yet the homicide rate is much higher. This makes me question the causal relationship you assert.

Agree. Not cool. Its one thing to ask a related question about the incident. But that's just an unnecessary jab in the eye.

Agreed,

Agreed,
Jeff could put an end to it. Just call rick a cunt. You know he is.

JoCal (trim quotes, please), Specious and others who clamor for firearm prohibition are completely missing the point in their protestations: What they are calling for won't get them where they want to go.

I like my little arsenal, but, it doesn't define me. If I thought I could positively impact the problem of violence in this country by "turning in" my firearms, I'd do so immediately, and stick to bowhunting.

It won't.

The presence of an implement doesn't create the behaviors by which the implement is used improperly. The people who claim differently are, IMHO, intellectual cowards who refuse to acknowledge and take efforts to address the real causes of violence in our society. The breakdown of societal standards, resulting in the lack of self-respect, and respect for others, coupled with the promotion of a "victim mentality" and the continued "you cant get there without our help because you're a _________ (fill in whatever disadvantaged group you want)" are the root causes of the propensity to use violence as a means of expression, as a means of "getting respect", as a means of obtaining "stuff", as a means of settling disputes.

You want to fix violence? Quit glorifying and promulgating the conditions and policies that tend to incite it. Prohibition of the means thru which an undesired behavior is implemented isn't the right approach, no matter WHAT behavior you're trying to address.

Guest One of Five

Oh - I see what you did - you posted a Pitcher..

Oh stop showing the obvious. Hypocrisy? Nawwwww....

JoCal (trim quotes, please), Specious and others who clamor for firearm prohibition are completely missing the point in their protestations: What they are calling for won't get them where they want to go.

I am clamoring for firearm prohibition? Only in your mind.

YOU LIE!

I like my little arsenal, but, it doesn't define me. If I thought I could positively impact the problem of violence in this country by "turning in" my firearms, I'd do so immediately, and stick to bowhunting.

It won't.

The presence of an implement doesn't create the behaviors by which the implement is used improperly. The people who claim differently are, IMHO, intellectual cowards who refuse to acknowledge and take efforts to address the real causes of violence in our society. The breakdown of societal standards, resulting in the lack of self-respect, and respect for others, coupled with the promotion of a "victim mentality" and the continued "you cant get there without our help because you're a _________ (fill in whatever disadvantaged group you want)" are the root causes of the propensity to use violence as a means of expression, as a means of "getting respect", as a means of obtaining "stuff", as a means of settling disputes.

You want to fix violence? Quit glorifying and promulgating the conditions and policies that tend to incite it. Prohibition of the means thru which an undesired behavior is implemented isn't the right approach, no matter WHAT behavior you're trying to address.

But Prohibition has worked well for alcohol and drugs so far. Why can't it work equally well for guns?

Oh wait, never mind......

" Prohibition of the means thru which an undesired behavior is implemented isn't the right approach, no matter WHAT behavior you're trying to address."

Just ask the preachers daughter.

Gun nutter attempts to rob medical marijuana merchant, gets shot and killed

The suspect walked up to the 54-year-old seller, who was in the back seat of a vehicle, about 9:45 p.m., Crump said.

But when the seller asked to see the suspect's medical marijuana card, the suspect pulled a handgun and tried to rob the victim.

Crump said the suspect's attention was diverted and the victim also pulled a handgun and shot the suspect several times.

The suspect returned fire and struck the victim's vehicle at least once, but did not hit the seller, Crump said.

The victim and several witnesses who arrived at the park together fled, but were quickly stopped by officers, Crump said.

The suspect was taken to a hospital, where he died.

The victim and witnesses were questioned by police and released, pending a review of the case, Crump said.

Released? This victim was attempting to commit a federal crime when he was attacked. He obviously had a gun in his possession while attempting to commit that crime. There are some pretty stiff penalties for that. And this guy walks? And it gets one line in the story, just like it's a routine thing to release people who have just killed someone while attempting to commit a federal crime?

This is the incoherence of our drug war. That guy shouldn't be selling "medical" marijuana on Craigslist and operating out of the back of his car. We don't let a liquor business operate that way. When things go horribly wrong, it muddies the waters a bit as to whether he could be exercising federally-protected rights.

JoCal (trim quotes, please so you can join Guy, a sanctimonious Bill-of-Rights kinda guy, in obstructing Joe's First Amendment expression, on Sailing Anarchy.), Specious and others who clamor for firearm prohibition are completely missing the point in their protestations: What they are calling for won't get them where they want to go.

It won't.

But Prohibition has worked well for alcohol and drugs so far. Why can't it work equally well for guns?

Oh wait, never mind......

It's not fair (or constructive) to put me down as pro-prohibition.

That said, 1957 was the Year of The Big Tail Fender, and then we got more selective about car safety. For good reasons.

aapuzzle_zps138eef05.jpg

+2. Delusions abound with these guys.

This sign, now on my road, is asking for votes against a similar straw man.

I-591posterstopgunconfiscation_zps472fca

And this is the wisdom, written by them, which is behind the background-check legislation being opposeded by the sign.

Voter Pamphlet Ballot Statement

PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS, VOTE YES ON 591

Initiative 591 protects against illegal search and seizure, preventing politicians and bureaucrats driven by an anti-rights agenda from depriving citizens of their property without due process.

The gun prohibition lobby responsible for draconian anti-civil rights and self-defense laws in New York, Washington, D.C. and Chicago, is now targeting Washington citizens, using money and resources from out of state.

NO GUN CONFISCATION WITHOUT DUE PROCESS

We saw firearms confiscated without due process in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Some people never got their property back. We are seeing confiscation of firearms in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and California.

THIS AFFECTS YOU IF YOU OWN A GUN, OR NOT

In Washington State, we have already seen legislation proposed to allow police to enter your home and search your bedroom for lawfully owned firearms without a warrant or court order. Government agencies are collecting record amounts of your personal data, raising grave privacy concerns.

591 DOES NOT PREVENT BACKGROUND CHECKS

591 protects background check uniformity and prevents unwarranted intrusion by the state into temporary firearm loans to friends or in-laws. It stops the state from creating a universal gun registry that could enable future confiscation. Maintaining balance between privacy rights and public safety is what 591 is about. It is supported by a diverse bipartisan coalition of law enforcement professionals, collectors, competitors, and sportsmen and women who believe that nobody’s privacy should be for sale to the gun prohibition lobby.

Ballot Statement Committee Roster

Alan Gottlieb, Chair, Protect Our Gun Rights Coalition

Bill Burris, Spokesman, Washington State Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors Association

Brian Blake, State Representative, Democrat, six term veteran legislator

John Rodabaugh, President, Washington Arms Collectors

Julianne Versnel, Publisher, Second Amendment Foundation’s Women & Guns Magazine

Phil Shave, Retired Chief, Law Enforcement State Parks

Pasted from <http://wagunrights.org/>

This is the bill itself: It's pretty unclear.

PROTECT OUR GUN RIGHTS

AN ACT Relating to protecting gun and other firearm rights; adding new sections to chapter 9.41 RCW; and creating new sections.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:

NEW SECTION. Sec. 1. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW to read as follows:

It is unlawful for any government agency to confiscate guns or other firearms from citizens without due process.

NEW SECTION. Sec. 2. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW to read as follows:

It is unlawful for any government agency to require background checks on the recipient of a firearm unless a uniform national standard is required.

NEW SECTION. Sec. 3. The provisions of this act are to be liberally construed to effectuate the intent, policies, and purposes of this act.

NEW SECTION. Sec. 4. If any provision of this act or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the remainder of the act or the application of the provision to other persons or circumstances is not affected.

NEW SECTION. Sec. 5. This act is known and may be cited as the “Protect Our Gun Rights Act.”

— END —

Heller and McDonald overturned gun prohibitions closed registries. Didn't know you were a fan, JC!

aadorothyandstrawman_zps8e7dd059.jpg

JokeAwf, has the thought ever once crossed your mind that you are doing far more harm to your 'cause' here than good? By a humongous margin? To the point that The Brady Group wouldn't even hire you to clean their toilets? Really pal, you should stop embarrassing yourself right now. You've become a sad caricature of insanity-in-the-making.....

aapuzzle_zps138eef05.jpg

That's a great cartoon, joe. It sadly doesn't support your point and is exactly what the SA Gun club has been saying all along.

Why is it that you have a singular, narrow focus on an individual, small piece of that puzzle (gun laws)?

AP:

Top News - Most Recent: 51 mins ago

BELL, Fla. (AP) - Media outlets are reporting that a shooting in north Florida could involve multiple fatalities.

The Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office has confirmed to The Associated Press that it is investigating a shooting in the town of Bell Thursday and that a news conference has been scheduled for 8 p.m. WCJB-TV says police are classifying it as a major shooting.

It wasn't immediately clear how many people were shot or their ages and genders.

A photo on the Gainesville Sun's website shows several police vehicles on a rural road. A sheriff's deputy was keeping people away behind police tape.

Bell is small town of just 350 people about 30 miles west of Gainesville.

Being suicidal and homicidal is the worst case scenario for mental health, it appears this latest shooter fits the worst case for mental health.

Guest One of Five

JokeAwf, has the thought ever once crossed your mind that you are doing far more harm to your 'cause' here than good? By a humongous margin? To the point that The Brady Group wouldn't even hire you to clean their toilets? Really pal, you should stop embarrassing yourself right now. You've become a sad caricature of insanity-in-the-making.....

that would imply being self aware - much the same problem as our Rezzident induhpendant from Floriduh...

TX concealed weapons nutters much less violent than general population

The two numbers give us the ratio of CHL holder convictions for murder and manslaughter per 100,000 CHL holders. That number is .70 per 100,000. Yes, the decimal point is in the correct place.

The rate of murder and manslaughter for the general population of Texas averaged for the years 1996-2011 is 6.0 per 100,000.

I'm afraid of people who do not have concealed weapons permits, and as the TX stats and surveys from other states show, my fear is perfectly rational.

I think people without concealed weapons permits, being considerably more dangerous than CWP holders, should have to wear signs identifying themselves as part of the dangerous segment of society. ;)

Only partial figures in TX and NC are shown in Tom's links.The sample sizes are not significant. Link broken to the actual TX study.JURY IS OUT>

The Badgeless Dodger, bless his heart, is sort of playing hide-and seek. The CCP -to-felony ratio figures he is asking for have been prevented, by law, in many places, and not gathered in most places as a privacy matter.

Secondly, no comprehensive figures are known which answer Tom's DGU stat question, due to blocked research.

But one detail Tom omitted is that Tom's Texas study revealed that 38% of the 44 CCP felons arrested had obtained their permits illegally.

The known numbers for CCP violators are not that bad, about 100/yr. But the ratio of CCP mass shooters is quite high.

Note: the VPC uses three deaths to define a mass shooting. Factor that to relate to how the FBI counts them at four , but do not dismiss 100% of CCP mass shooters offhandedly due to the VPC math, as His Badgelessness has done on these boards.

Three other takes on it? Here's One:

Michigan CCW Holders' Suicide Rate Higher Than Michigan's General Population

Posted: 12/01/2010 1:46 pm EST Updated: 05/25/2011 6:15 pm EDT

Concealed handgun license holders in the Wolverine State commit suicide at a rate higher than the general Michigan population according to information analyzed by my organization, the Violence Policy Center, as part of our Concealed Carry Killersproject, an on-line resource that tallies reports of killings by concealed handgun permit holders that have not been determined to be legitimate self defense.

According to information from the Michigan State Police, for the period July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008, 29 of Michigan's 164,793 concealed handgun license holders took their own lives for a concealed handgun license holder suicide rate of 17.6 per 100,000 license holders. For the period July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009, 28 of Michigan's 182,749 concealed handgun license holders took their own lives for a concealed handgun license holder suicide rate of 15.3 per 100,000 license holders.

In comparison, in 2007 Michigan's suicide rate for the general population was 11.3 per 100,000. In 2008, the suicide rate for the general population was 11.7 per 100,000. Only data for each calendar year is available and data for 2009 has not yet been released.

Pasted from <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-sugarmann/michigan-ccw-holders-suic_b_790524.html>

Two

Concealed Carry Killers Responsible for at Least 26 (Edit: 29) Mass Shootings in the Past Six Years

WASHINGTON - October 31 - Private citizens legally allowed to carry concealed handguns have committed at least 26 mass shootings over the past six years — including the recent mass murder at the Washington Navy Yard that left 12 dead and a July shooting in Hialeah, Florida that ended the lives of six innocent victims.

These and other criminal killings can be found in the Violence Policy Center’s (VPC) latest update to Concealed Carry Killers, an online resource that offers examples of non-selfdefense killings by private citizens legally allowed to carry concealed handguns in public. Overall, concealed carry killers were involved in at least 386 (edit: updated to 659) fatal incidents since May 2007, leading to at least 540 deaths including the killing of 14 law enforcement officers.

Concealed Carry Killers is the most comprehensive report available on non-self defense killings by legal carriers of concealed firearms. Because there is no comprehensive recordkeeping of these incidents and many states in fact bar the release of such information, the examples on the Concealed Carry Killers website are taken primarily from news reports and most likely represent a fraction of actual events.

“Mass shootings by concealed handgun permit holders are now a common occurrence. It’s no surprise that the NRA and the gun industry, who benefit financially from lax concealed carry laws, ignore this growing body count. But for the sake of the victims and survivors of these shootings, the human cost of these lethal laws must be exposed,” states VPC Legislative Director Kristen Rand.

Concealed Carry Killersdocuments 386 incidents in 32 states and the District of Columbia since May 2007, resulting in 540 deaths involving private citizens legally allowed to carry concealed handguns. Fourteen of the victims were law enforcement officers. Twenty-six of the incidents were mass shootings, resulting in the deaths of 125 victims.

Click here to view a graph that breaks down the types of incidents documented in the report.

In the vast majority of the incidents documented (315, or 82 percent), the concealed carry killer either committed suicide (132), has already been convicted (135), perpetrated a murder-suicide (37), or was killed in the incident (11).

Of the 58 cases still pending, the vast majority (48) of concealed carry killers have been charged with criminal homicide. Four were deemed incompetent to stand trial, and six incidents are still under investigation. An additional 13 incidents were fatal unintentional shootings involving a gun of the concealed handgun permit holder.

The 386 incidents do not include any that were eventually ruled as self-defense. Only 12 of the hundreds of examples tallied in Concealed Carry Killers were eventually deemed lawful self-defense. Such cases are then removed from the site’s ongoing totals.

A detailed summary of each of the 386 incidents is available at http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm. Clicking on each category leads to a state-by-state breakout for the incidents.To review all deaths involving concealed carry killers, click on “Total People Killed by Concealed Carry Killers.”

For examples of non-fatal concealed carry incidents, visit the VPC’s Concealed Carry Killers page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?sk=pages#!/pages/Violence-Policy-Center-Concealed-Carry-Killers/258069527568

Pasted from <https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2013/10/31-4>

Three

Concealed Carry Killers Responsible for At Least 659 Deaths Since 2007

Washington, DC —Individuals legally allowed to carry concealed handguns are responsible for at least 659 non-self defense deaths since 2007, a number that likely represents a fraction of the actual total, according to updated data released today by the Violence Policy Center (VPC).

Details can be found in the latest update to Concealed Carry Killers, an online resource that offers examples of non-self defense killings by private citizens legally allowed to carry concealed handguns in public. Overall, Concealed Carry Killers documents 493 incidents in 36 states and the District of Columbia since May 2007, resulting in the deaths of 659 people.

Because there is no comprehensive recordkeeping of deaths involving concealed handgun permit holders and many states in fact bar the release of such information, the examples on the Concealed Carry Killers website are taken primarily from news reports and most likely represent a fraction of actual events.

“State laws allowing concealed handguns in public do not make us safer,” states VPC Executive Director Josh Sugarmann. “Our database shows that individuals legally allowed to carry concealed handguns regularly use their guns in homicides, suicides, and mass shootings. In all likelihood, the fatal incidents we have documented are only a fraction of the total, and they also do not include the frequent non-fatal incidents perpetrated by concealed carry permit holders.”

In the vast majority of the 493 incidents documented (408, or 83 percent), the concealed carry killer either committed suicide (190), has already been convicted (164), perpetrated a murder-suicide (40), or was killed in the incident (14).

Of the 67 cases still pending, the vast majority (58) of concealed carry killers have been charged with criminal homicide. Five were deemed incompetent to stand trial, and four incidents are still under investigation. An additional 18 incidents were fatal unintentional shootings involving the gun of the concealed handgun permit holder.

Twenty-nine of the incidents were mass shootings (3 or more victims), resulting in 134 deaths. The database also shows at least 15 law enforcement officers died at the hands of concealed carry killers since May 2007.

The 493 incidents do not include any that were ruled as self-defense. Only 15 of the hundreds of examples tallied in Concealed Carry Killers were eventually deemed lawful self-defense. Such cases are then removed from the site’s ongoing totals.

A detailed summary of each of the 493 incidents is available at http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm. Clicking on each category leads to a state-by-state breakout for the incidents with current known status. To review all deaths involving concealed carry killers, click on “Total People Killed by Concealed Carry Killers.” To view a list of incidents organized by state, visithttp://www.vpc.org/ccwkillersstates.htm.

Pasted from <http://www.vpc.org/press/1408ccw.htm>

well, there is some good news in there. Hopefully they kill themselves before they kill others...

well, there is some good news in there. Hopefully they kill themselves before they kill others...

Let's see here....Shitcago averages 20 murders a week, or about a thousand dead folks a year. Or roughly 7250 murder victims in the same 8 year period of JokeAwf's 'study', where under 700 (supposedly) non-legal self defense murders were perpetrated by licensed CCP'ers.

Wanna guess how many of the Shitcago shooters have CCP"s?......

I've answered that question before. I don think that "kinder and gentler" is going to work with your elk. You are an adamant, committed lot, IMO.

Secondly, the forums of Sailing Anarchy include a refreshing culture of plain speaking, at least at its best.

Thirdly, there's the twist that within that no BS culture, so much pro-gun spew passes between Preacher and Choir, then back again,without getting called out. A few of you have made a cottage industry of it.

Fourth. Based on damage to society, your lot has earned an earful.

Fifth. It's fun to debunk all this stuff while trying to not get any on me. Since it makes great reading on both sides of the issue, it's a win-win. At the end of the day I find your arguments are vacuous, your manner is often mean-spirited, your history is fiction paid for by ALEC, your historical quotes are skewed from both context and intent, you are making insurrection somewhat mainstream, and your vision of the future is simply dark.

I'm just watching your gun culture. It makes great sport to hear the choir then marvel at your lyrics, basically.

Mariachi, I'm not here to candy coat the destruction caused by gun fixation, but rather to make it clear.

The only thing that you've made clear here is that you are nothing but a vacuous twat without an original thought in that head of yours. You're basically the Queen of C&P......

The only thing that you've made clear here is that you are nothing but a vacuous twat without an original thought in that head of yours. You're basically the Queen of C&P......

It is no exaggeration to say that the reason we have a 2A is that there are people out there like JokeAwf.

It is no exaggeration to say that the reason we have a 2A is that there are people out there like JokeAwf.

Am I the only one to notice that the majority of people who live in the Pacific North Wet are either crazy....or insane?.....

aapuzzle_zps138eef05.jpg

That's a great cartoon, joe. It sadly doesn't support your point and is exactly what the SA Gun club has been saying all along.

Why is it that you have a singular, narrow focus on an individual, small piece of that puzzle (gun laws)?

Hi Jeff. Please lay out what you perceive as "your (meaning my) point."

The social science disciplines have gone inter-agency in their search for gun violence solutions. I'm pretty sure they were represented in the IOM/CDC pow wow, specifically to co-ordinate their research. I am on record as saying the solution will be not a magic bullet, but a complex of social improvements, understandings, and adjustments on all sides.

Ahem, my alleged focus on gun law as a single solution is a misrepresentation. The eventual law is an effect, not a cause. The law will reflect policy, which fair enough will need to follow evidence-based data. My "singular, narrow focus" has been a challenge to the SA Gun Club on why gun violence data is not enthusiastically forthcoming, to lay out the policy, and thus form decent law. Since the SA Gun Club tacitly accepts TR playing games about funding AND denying the research blockage, I smell a rat. I smell a gamey kissoff to support of research, which is neither constructive nor in good faith.

Why any focus on gun laws on my part? Because of the intense legal programs and effects of the ILA, and of the SAF, and the CCKRBA, and the GOA.

Because an extremist minority, using often-questionable legislative processes, is taking us in a poorly considered direction.

Pushback is fair, especially when warranted, Jeff.

The better question is where is your concern, as a gun aficionado about rolling back the high gun violence rates? Do you think 19.5X more gun violence is acceptable?

You make the point that people have changed. Well, yes. But our flexible legal system has to change accordingly. Then law-abiders, same.

umm, not even close.

Something to do with continental defense and an unsecured border more likely.

aapuzzle_zps138eef05.jpg

Hi Jeff. Please lay out what you perceive as "your (meaning my) point."

The social science disciplines have gone inter-agency in their search for gun violence solutions. I'm pretty sure they were represented in the IOM/CDC pow wow, specifically to co-ordinate their research. I am on record as saying the solution will be not a magic bullet, but a complex of social improvements, understandings, and adjustments on all sides.

Ahem, my alleged focus on gun law as a single solution is a misrepresentation. The eventual law is an effect, not a cause. The law will reflect policy, which fair enough will need to follow evidence-based data. My "singular, narrow focus" has been a challenge to the SA Gun Club on why gun violence data is not enthusiastically forthcoming, to lay out the policy, and thus form decent law. Since the SA Gun Club tacitly accepts TR playing games about funding AND denying the research blockage, I smell a rat. I smell a gamey kissoff to support of research, which is neither constructive nor in good faith.

Why any focus on gun laws on my part? Because of the intense legal programs and effects of the ILA, and of the SAF, and the CCKRBA, and the GOA.

Because an extremist minority, using often-questionable legislative processes, is taking us in a poorly considered direction.

Pushback is fair, especially when warranted, Jeff.

The better question is where is your concern, as a gun aficionado about rolling back the high gun violence rates? Do you think 19.5X more gun violence is acceptable?

You make the point that people have changed. Well, yes. But our flexible legal system has to change accordingly. Then law-abiders, same.

From what I can tell, the SA gun club doesn't see most of the deaths as negative.

Suicides, gang violence, all had it coming.

Am I the only one to notice that the majority of people who live in the Pacific North Wet are either crazy....or insane?.....

Coming from a southwesterner? As if you guys made sense...

DT--->crazy

JokeAwf--->crazy

Charlie Cobra--->crazy

Green River killer--->crazy

Hobot--->normal

75/25. Not good odds......:lol:

You know what the old guys used to say, in the Maritimes? The whole continent's tilted towards the pacific - so all the fruits and nuts roll down to the west coast.

They didn't make a distinction between the northern part, and the southern part.

In related news, the Internet is facing a bit shortage due to indiscriminate cutting and pasting of large amounts of irrelevant material which is never read. Wasteful.... very very wasteful. Authorities say that if the offenders are not reined in, people may be faced with the prospect of using pencils and paper or in the most extreme cases talking to live people occupying the same physical space as them.

Irrelevant? Hardly. I count 109 documented gun shootings in one weekend there. It speaks to the enormity of the problem. Let's face it.

I notice you didn't paste them with the links this time, making it harder for me to identify the ones that are self-defense shootings so I can ask you questions you will not answer.

Your silence strongly suggests you think Ms. Mason should have just laid back and thought of England, you know...

I think mixing self-defense cases like hers and the others I have picked out of your long copy/pastes with violent crimes is dishonest.

You are suggesting that I go chasing and isolating SDU's for you? I will not do so, of course, but have searched for the best and highest SDU lists of others.

It's a consistently modest total, a vague mishmosh of info, from which you can and do cherry pick.

We lack the means of quantifying this (meaning the social viability of presenting SDU as a social normal based on public safety) . It speaks to the need of less obstruction of data gathering wrt SDU's...same for CCP violators, if any, OMG.

What I conclude in general reading is that both CCP holders and AW's have some broad aspects which flat-out suggest low risk...until mass shootings come up, and both look bad.

Mother Jones counted 32 of 64 mass shootings as having involved AW's and/or LCM's.

The CCP mass shooter total is in the mid-twenties.

BTW, your cutesy labeling of links is objectionable for a few reasons, Tom.

They sometimes spin the article before it is opened

They are often unclear or misleading about subject matter.

Dude I want to follow the best of your intellect, not get Rick-rolled.

Mrs Mason, I take it, was a name on an injury list I must have submitted, but she was not just an unfortunate gunshot victim...

darned if she isn't also an SDU fucking hero!

Tom, I did not and never will open that link because of the insensitive labelling, of your (petty) info.

And because it is a spun, mis-quoted misrepresentation, in a link.

I wish your Ms. Mason wellness.

Tom, I did not and never will open that link because of the insensitive labelling, of your (petty) info.

Gawd but you're truly an idiot, 1st Class. If for one am both saddened & embarrassed that you even exist......

Gawd but you're truly an idiot, 1st Class. If for one am both saddened & embarrassed that you even exist......

Oh, hi Rick.

Is your post, above, an example of your entertainment art? Would it be fair to say that?

If so, would you consider stepping it up?

Music is my entertainment bit, I guess, but here's a suggestion for upgrading your "entertainment" presentation.

Set out to kind of spice it up, and break up the tedium, while drawing attention to your POV.

It involves work, but maybe like this. First, organize bs (if you can spot it). Then you need some eye-catching photo to go with some foolish gem (like below in the quote below). Next, in this example, I can, say add an edgy bit...about your FFL references.

Wish me luck. I'll be right back...

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • 41,625 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

I don't normally approve of shooting bad guys in the back, but this fuk-stik seems to have deserved a rather large exit wound out the front of his shirt. And good on the husband for not interupting the local cops during their donut break.

Win-win.....

Pasted from <http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=142774&page=24>

and

I'm all torn up about which one to put on the Myths of Self Defense thread.

Be a pal, Rick, advise me.FFL%20speak%20Boothy_zpseywlmlmk.png

In related news, the Internet is facing a bit shortage due to indiscriminate cutting and pasting of large amounts of irrelevant material which is never read. Wasteful.... very very wasteful. Authorities say that if the offenders are not reined in, people may be faced with the prospect of using pencils and paper or in the most extreme cases talking to live people occupying the same physical space as them.

Irrelevant? Hardly. I count 109 documented gun shootings in one weekend there. It speaks to the enormity of the problem. Let's face it.

I notice you didn't paste them with the links this time, making it harder for me to identify the ones that are self-defense shootings so I can ask you questions you will not answer.

Your silence strongly suggests you think Ms. Mason should have just laid back and thought of England, you know...

I think mixing self-defense cases like hers and the others I have picked out of your long copy/pastes with violent crimes is dishonest.

You are suggesting that I go chasing and isolating SDU's for you? I will not do so, of course, but have searched for the best and highest SDU lists of others.

It's a consistently modest total, a vague mishmosh of info, from which you can and do cherry pick.

We lack the means of quantifying this (meaning the social viability of presenting SDU as a social normal based on public safety) . It speaks to the need of less obstruction of data gathering wrt SDU's...same for CCP violators, if any, OMG.

What I conclude in general reading is that both CCP holders and AW's have some broad aspects which flat-out suggest low risk...until mass shootings come up, and both look bad.

Mother Jones counted 32 of 64 mass shootings as having involved AW's and/or LCM's.

The CCP mass shooter total is in the mid-twenties.

In 2013, I did suggest you comment on the cases you claim to have "documented."

You still can't find any figures on the crime rate of concealed weapons permit holders, huh?

We know it's not zero. There are millions of us, so assembling a list of a couple of dozen by going back decades is not exactly surprising nor alarming.

85% of our homicides are committed by family and acquaintances, not criminal strangers.

Furthermore, the "parasites" you refer to have the same needs and traits and hopes as the Nursetta.

Not going to debate your statistic, but, even slimeballs have family and acquaintances. Fail, again.

Not going to debate your statistic, but, even slimeballs have family and acquaintances. Fail, again.

Yep

Not going to debate your statistic,

I fixed your post where you deliberately took Guy's caveat out to make your post look better. You keep using the "family and acquaintance straw man. But even family can be criminals and "acquaintances" covers a LOT of people. You seem to think that just because you "know" someone - doesn't make them criminal scum. Sorry, but it is in fact the criminal scum who are the problem. Whether another crime is physically being committed at the exact moment of the murder or shooting is irrelevant. I would bet big $$ that if we could examine the criminal records of both the shooters and the victims of our nations gun murder stats - I'm betting a very large % of them have rap sheets a mile long. The average suburban/rural NRA member, soccer mom, suburanite middle class schlub are not the ones committing the majority of the shootings.

Yes, jocal - that is the very definition of your selective wording of your "family and acquaintances" stat. Fail.

The gun grabbers use the same bullshit here about family and acquaintances being the biggest victims of law abiding gun owners.

With cases like this it would be true-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwiche-Razzak-Fahda_family_conflict

Drug dealers probably shoot people they know over unpaid debts,the victims of drive by shootings in Sydney are probably acquaintances of the attackers.

I fixed your post where you deliberately took Guy's caveat out to make your post look better. You keep using the "family and acquaintance straw man. But even family can be criminals and "acquaintances" covers a LOT of people. You seem to think that just because you "know" someone - doesn't make them criminal scum. Sorry, but it is in fact the criminal scum who are the problem. Whether another crime is physically being committed at the exact moment of the murder or shooting is irrelevant. I would bet big $$ that if we could examine the criminal records of both the shooters and the victims of our nations gun murder stats - I'm betting a very large % of them have rap sheets a mile long. Track it down, mate. Just speculation so far. The average suburban/rural NRA member, soccer mom, suburanite middle class schlub are not the ones committing the majority of the shootings. We both wish we knew that. Go to below.

Yes, jocal - that is the very definition of your selective wording of your "family and acquaintances" stat. Fail.

Jeff, I wanted to pursue this anyway. Meaning the red bits. Bite bite bite.

You are addressing not stranger bad guys so much, but something like checkered figures in our social life.

The issue in play, our discussion here, is the "muddy water" between Boothy and Wayne's childish "good guys" and "bad guys". Is it not?

WHAT PER-CENT IS 'SLIMEBALL"?, Seriously.

Let's say each of us drew a pie chart showing all saints, perps, marginal types, and regular guys in our lives.

The fewer the perps and marginals in your circle, the safer you are, sure.

The more saints the better, too I bet, etc.

Nobody with all saints, I bet. Not me, anyway.

But whatever the mix, it's mainstream USA. Yes, some percent of one's relating will include the more risky members of society...as they are relating to us.

So what?

Don't relate to them poorly, what can I say?

Hang the term of your choice on that concept, Jeff. Hey, do it here.

After we use your name, let's apply your math, with figures. Or STFU.

In case you are simple, Jeff, the fact I am relating is that homicides, by unknown others out of the blue, is as low as 15%, and certainly no higher than 30% of homicides.

Personal relationships (with slimeballs, family, acquaintances, or others) are the back ground of (to use a familiar term) the "vast majority" of US homicides.

Thanks.

JEFF, re: Murder by Strangers vs. by acquaintance.

You are a tedious sort.

Source 1.

In 2004-05 only 2 percent of female and 25 percent of male victims were killed by a stranger. These percentages do not change very much over time.

http://malini.data360.org/graph_group.aspx?Graph_Group_Id=1177>

Source 2.

Supplementary Homicide Reports...

among homicides in which the victim-offender relationship could be determined, strangers committed between 21 percent and 27 percent of homicides from 1993 to 2008, compared to between 73 percent and 79 percent of homicides committed by offenders known to the victims.

Pasted from <http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/press/vvcs9310pr.cfm>

Source 3.

• In 2010, strangers committed about 38% of nonfatal violent crimes, including rape/sexual assault, robbery, aggravated assault, and simple assault.
  • In 2005-10, about 10% of violent victimizations committed by strangers involved a firearm, compared to 5% committed by offenders known to the victim.

National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS)

Pasted from <http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=4557>

Source 4.

The Top 5 Murders by Relationship to the Victim in the United States

1. Out of 13,636 murders studied in the United States, 30.2% of the victims were murdered by persons known to them (4,119 victims), 13.6% were murdered by family members (1,855 victims), 12.3% were murdered by strangers (1,676 victims) and 43.9% of the relationships were unknown (investigators were not able to establish any relationship).

Source 5.

Source 5. WHEN MURDERS ARE NOT COMMITTED BY STRANGERS

Which is most of the time March 27, 2011

http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/BREAKING-NEWS/WHEN-MURDERS-ARE-NOT-COMMITTED-BY-STRANGERS-br-Which-is-most-of-the-time-625525>

Source 6.

The FBI Uniform Crime Report will give you an answer of a sort, but only two out of three homicides are ‘solved by arrest.’If you click on the link immediately above you will find there were 12,996 murder victims but the relationship between the murderer and victim were “unknown” in 4,656 of those. That does not mean that the victim was killed by a stranger, only that the killer is “unknown to the police.” So there is really not enough data to provide a defensible answer to the question.

That said, statistical analysis pegs the most likely number between 1800 (14%) to 2200 (17%) a year.

Pasted from <http://extranosalley.com/?p=25008>

Source 7.

Percentage of murders are convicted by a stranger?

In probably upwards of 80 or 90-percent of homicides, there is some sort of relationship.

Pasted from <http://www.chacha.com/question/what-percentage-of-murders-are-convicted-by-a-stranger>

S

Source 8.

appendix Table 16

Percents for victim/offender relationship in homicides,

1993–2008

Total Offenders

known /Unknown relationships /Strangers

1993 100% 45.8% 39.7% 14.5%

1994 100% 46.3 40.1 13.6

1995 100% 44.4 40.0 15.7

1996 100% 47.2 38.1 14.7

1997 100% 45.9 40.3 13.8

1998 100% 47.5 38.7 13.8

1999 100% 46.7 40.9 12.4

2000 100% 43.2 43.0 13.8

2001 100% 40.8 45.5 13.7

2002 100% 41.6 43.8 14.6

2003 100% 41.5 45.6 13.0

2004 100% 41.3 45.2 13.5

2005 100% 39.2 46.3 14.5

2006 100% 40.8 46.0 13.2

2007 100% 39.3 47.2 13.5

2008 100% 41.7 45.4 12.8

Source: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Supplementary Homicides Reports,

Uniform Crime Reports, 1993–2008.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/vvcs9310.pdf

Hey fucktard Joe Calhoun - you asked me nicely not to use your name anymore even though you outed yourself in the past. And I told you I would honor your request from that point forward if you would show me the same courtesy. Why the deliberate reneg of the agreement?

Cunt!

Hey fucktard Joe Calhoun - you asked me nicely not to use your name anymore even though you outed yourself in the past. And I told you I would honor your request from that point forward if you would show me the same courtesy. Why the deliberate reneg of the agreement?

Cunt!

The problem we have here is that you are, have been, and shall remain, "Jeff" to us.

What can I say? It's a community. You may call me Joe.

Cunt!

The problem we have here is that you are, have been, and shall remain, "Jeff" to us.

What can I say? It's a community. You may call me Joe.

ok joke-off, whatever you say.

This post, made in broad daylight, is in honor of Bull Fucking Gator.

He was a man who found more humor than I, in observation of the local gun culture.

Bull Gator and I pretty much lost to cacophony in the gun forums of 2012.

How you tried to school them, Bull!

Things have changed. Fine men are speaking for you now.

The changes are marked across your Gun Nutter Sttrikes, more than in any other thread.

The wild, chesty pro-gun claims are meeting their match.

Fair winds, BG.

I celebrate to Bull Gator (clink...), and to our three favorite adversaries...

Boothy%20exit%20wound%20Tommy%20Lee%20Jo

***Jeffie's Gangbanger Research, INC. (chronological)

Jeffie Gangbanger Scapegoating Fib number One:

How would you folks remodel the NRA?....

Posted by JBSF on 03 May 2013 - 10:49 PM in Political Anarchy

But you continually rail on about the supposed "gun culture" as if people like me, and CF, and AGITC, and LenP and Sarosa and Tom Ray, etc have ANYTHING in common with the urban thugs in Chicago and similar who are committing the vast majority of the "gun crime".

Jeffie Gangbanger Scapegoating Fib number two:

who commits more gun crime, liberals or conservatives?

Posted by JBSF on 18 September 2013 - 01:14 AM in Political Anarchy

Well, given that the majority of the murders in the US (VAST MAJORITY) are commited in the inner city urban areas - I think they are likely firmly blue voters.

Thanks Obama!

Jeffie Gangbanger Scapegoating Fib number three:

#4384391The real roadblock to stopping gun violence? The NRA or Jocal?

Posted by JBSF on 13 November 2013 - 03:02 AM in Political Anarchy

The VAST majority of the gun murders out there are committed by run of the mill criminals and gangbangers, most likely as a directly result of the drug trade. If we ended the "war on drugs" - I'm betting the violent crime rate would plummet overnight.

From JBSF, fall 2013: The real situation in the USA:

Armed home defense and home invasion thread

JBSF, on 25 Mar 2014 - 21:08, said:

The vast majority of murders are committed by completely sane individuals

who are murdering for other reasons like drugs, domestic violence, robbery, etc.

By March 2014 Jeff had assimilated the facts (acquaintence offings account for about 80%of the numbers)

possibly because I quoted them here as Boothy scoffed at them. Hmmm, yet Jeff continued to blame blacks.

Jeffie Gangbanger Scapegoating Fib number four; (seven months after stating the truthful situation)

Posted by JBSF on 11 June 2014 - 09:27 PM in Political Anarchy

Furthermore, the 12x rate is not all because of mentally disturbed kids. The vast majority of our homicide rate is inner city drug related crime and gang activity. [...]

Tom%20day%20after%20Sandy%20Hook_zps5pu1

tomraygate%20three%20dollar%20bill%20II_

Fuking childish troll. Please. Just. Go. A. Way. You bring nothing to this place except embarrassment to all us hetero males nationwide.....