Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bull Gator

Gun nutter sttrikes again

Plchacker,

We're not talking about taking away anyone's guns were talking about having a discussion about the horror that happened today and possible solutions to massacres that seem to haunt our country but do not happen in countries that have equal laws and ownership like Israel and Switzerland. There is a fix we just need to talk about it and figure it out.

The common g-damn denominator of murderers is-------crazy. Fix that one first, then we can talk....

Sorry, this time it doesn't really matter what you or I think, this will be driven by people many pay grades above us emotion.

You're correct....

I'm implying that I don't give a shit about what Hannity, Fat Boy, Obama or Maddow says. About f'ng anything......

And yet, you're quite willing to brand the President "a piece of shit", based upon something he SAID...

UFB, what a moran...

I'm implying that I don't give a shit about what Hannity, Fat Boy, Obama or Maddow says. About f'ng anything......

And yet, you're quite willing to brand the President "a piece of shit", based upon something he SAID...

UFB, what a moran...

I see absolutely no hypocrisy on my part in stating Obama is both a political whore and a piece of shit.

But then again, I don't have his poster over my head board...

I guess it wouldn't help to point out that murder is NOT illegal if you kill yourself also.

That is, in the sequence of actions...

1. You allegedly murder 27

2. You kill yourself or get yourself shot.

It doesn't sound like enough time to indict, try and convict - but maybe someone else knows better...

he looks like any other college kid. I don't see any stylized Rambo type pix on his page.

Live and learn.That stuff is being discouraged at present.

But here's Klebold & Friends waving their flag in the school yearbook ~1999.

It's no joke

.columbine-class-photo-1999-eric-harris-dylan-klebold-fake-shooting_zpsf420a734.jpg

The common g-damn denominator of murderers is-------crazy. Fix that one first, then we can talk....

If only folks would have applied that same logic to terrorists, the shoe bomber, etc, we could save trillions. After all, there is no need for security on planes because the percentage is so small and it's only crazy folks who bring down a plane that they are on. Right?

Turns out every one of those guns he had were legally purchased and owned.

By his Mom.....

By his Mom.....

She should have locked them up. She was an irresponsible gun owner.

By his Mom.....

And you know she did not have them locked up....how?....

If only folks would have applied that same logic to terrorists, the shoe bomber, etc, we could save trillions. After all, there is no need for security on planes because the percentage is so small and it's only crazy folks who bring down a plane that they are on. Right?

What is your point? Why does a primary school teacher need those guns anyway?

Anyone could just walk into her house and take these?

Those guns should not have been in her possession in the first place, or at least behind lock and key!

UFB, what a moran...

I see absolutely no hypocrisy on my part in stating Obama is both a political whore and a piece of shit.

But then again, I don't have his poster over my head board...

I keep sending the crap you post to the Secret Service but it doesn't look like they'll ever yank you to Gitmo for one of those sessions with the testiculator.

By his Mom.....

Because an underage boy had access to them.

By his Mom.....

?....

Offer to buy them back at $1000 per, $2000 per? Cost you what, $5-10B? The chinese will lend it to us. It would immediately get rid of most of the cheesy ass little guns, even my old man would offload 1/2 his armory. I bet it'd take 1/2 the guns out of the market. Would it do anything? not likely.

We dropped $1T on the middle east for the loss of 3000 lives a decade ago. How many gun deaths in the last 10 years?

How many deaths due to texting and driving? How many deaths due to driving period? How many deaths due to organized sports? How many deaths due to shear stupidity? Drugs? Alcohol?

Those are code words for talk about something besides gun control. I really don't think those are going to hold sway on a lot of people this time, the NRA is going to be dragged to the table this time whether they want to or not.

+1.

Clintspeaksupforgunplay.jpg

NRABldg.jpg

?....

Don't you have to be 21 to possess a hand gun in Conn?

By his Mom.....

?....

Too many guns out there. Ricky. Attitudes, too.

I guess it wouldn't help to point out that murder is NOT illegal if you kill yourself also.

That is, in the sequence of actions...

1. You allegedly murder 27

2. You kill yourself or get yourself shot.

It doesn't sound like enough time to indict, try and convict - but maybe someone else knows better...

Obviously in the last two cases, the shooter knew he was guilty and invoked the death penalty.

Maybe, if you have a mentally disturbed kid, you should take care of the kid instead of those in your classroom. They might not feel that you love those kids more than you.

Maybe, if you have a mentally disturbed kid, you should keep your guns locked up where they can't get at them. Or, consider keeping them somewhere other than the house.

We should never have got to a point where there are 300m+ firearms held by the public. Massacres like this will escalate until we cull the guns.

We need to confiscate at least 50% of these wmd's

Yours first. Show us the way.

Unless you think you're one of the Special People who should be exempt.

Name of the shooter released, ---------- - 20, born in ------- and attended -------- University. Lives in -------------.

Photo:

(Img) A picture that does not belong anywhere. (/img)

Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/xxxxxx

Congratulations. YOU are now part of the problem, helping to spread the fame that these sorts of warped people seek either in this life or after their deaths. Have a problem with laws against broadcasting the name and likeness of mass murders all over the world?

Yeah, I guess there is that pesky free speech thing.

Name of the shooter released, ---------- - 20, born in ------- and attended -------- University. Lives in -------------.

Photo:

Congratulations. YOU are now part of the problem, helping to spread the fame that these sorts of warped people seek either in this life or after their deaths. Have a problem with laws against broadcasting the name and likeness of mass murders all over the world?

The point he's making is that the older brother was wrongly accused world wide of being the shooter-----but it wasn't til hours later that we learned it was actually his younger brother. Big bro is just trying to clean up the fukng media mess....

Yes, though there wouldn't BE a media mess if the big press made a sacred pact not to glorify this kind of thing lunatic in the first place.

Yes, though there wouldn't BE a media mess if the big press made a sacred pact not to glorify this kind of thing lunatic in the first place.

So you are in favor of limiting the freedom of the press as long as we don't infringe on the the 2nd amend.

So you are in favor of limiting the freedom of the press as long as we don't infringe on the the 2nd amend.

If you'll notice, he asked that they make a pact----not force them to. You know, kinda like your Fairness Doctrine, gay marriage, RTW states, ad naseum?...

If you'll notice, he asked that they make a pact----not force them to. You know, kinda like your Fairness Doctrine, gay marriage, RTW states, ad naseum?...

Is this like the Grover Norquist pledge?

Oh fuk me, it's already started----The O is calling for 'Meaningful Action' wrt to firearms.

Jfc, what a complete piece of shit this guy is......

Oh fuk me, it's already started----The O is calling for 'Meaningful Action' wrt to firearms.

Fuck you. This is exactly the time to call for a change. Gun Nutters like yourself have blood on your hands. We need meaningful enforcement of new a stringent gun conrol laws. You can keep a couple of your guns but it's going to require that you jump through a couple of hoops.

Aren't you the same dip shit that just called for having exactly ONE HALF of the guns in America confiscated?

And I'm the fucker?......

Yup you're the fucker. I bet you have twenty plus guns. You have no reasonable néed for more than two. Ergo facto we can reasonably consficate 90% of your guns...

Fuck you. This is exactly the time to call for a change. Gun Nutters like yourself have blood on your hands. We need meaningful enforcement of new a stringent gun conrol laws. You can keep a couple of your guns but it's going to require that you jump through a couple of hoops.

Aren't you the same dip shit that just called for having exactly ONE HALF of the guns in America confiscated?

And I'm the fucker?......

Yup you're the fucker. I bet you have twenty plus guns. You have no reasonable néed for more than two. Ergo facto we can reasonably consficate 90% of your guns...

What's this We shit, fruit loop?....

Didn't say that. I want the press to acknowledge that it fails to address the problem when it gives these nut jobs what they want. As a nation, we claim that we won't negotiate with terrorists, but, we're quite happy to make front page headlines out of such names as McVey, Kliebold, Hinkley, or any number of other fuqueheads. Just what else do you think their goals were?

As long as it's being addressed, why not curtail the First Amendment along the way with curtailing the Second? Why are some freedoms seen as more equal than others? Second amendment supporters don't typically claim that the 2nd is any more important than the rest; to the contrary, it's widely believed in these circles that, as the Second goes, so will go the others as the.Supreme Court continues as it long has in comparing similar dispositions in similar cases.

Get used to warrantless searches and limitless detainment. Whether you own a gun or not. 'Cause that's what it's gonna take. .

We should never have got to a point where there are 300m+ firearms held by the public. Massacres like this will escalate until we cull the guns.

We need to confiscate at least 50% of these wmd's

Yep! What will it take!

You two need to stop drinking from the same tippy-cup....

Or what! You'll fucking shoot me?

Right. Except for the posting in PA, there was nothing 'political' about your commentary. Sure.

Glad we agree on this point, Chuck.

Dude - you've got politics on the brain if you think my comment had any political point at all.

Congratulations on the Bull Gator endorsement of your point of view on this issue, Mitch.

Children are dead, parents are grieving and some assholes turn a tragedy into a political debate before anything but basic information is available!!!!!

Screw you you stupid fuck! Gum control laws are not a political subject.

You guys should take it to gum control anarchy. :P

Maybe, if you have a mentally disturbed kid, you should take care of the kid instead of those in your classroom. They might not feel that you love those kids more than you.

Maybe, if you have a mentally disturbed kid, you should keep your guns locked up where they can't get at them. Or, consider keeping them somewhere other than the house.

OK, so you would be for mandatory jail sentences for the owner of ANY gun used in a crime by other than the owner?

Politics, you say?

Second public shooting in a week, guys & gals.

Speaking for myself, I am not presenting chronic gun violence as a political problem, or trying to discuss it as such.

It is a social or cultural problem. An effect, not a cause.

Such U.S. behavior is predictable, could be preventable; it's a learned progression IMO.

It's not everyday I agree with TMSAIL, but cut the Favre crap for one day Tom. No-one is saying you "started it all", they're saying (correctly) that "your timing is fucking off". Give your little obsession a break and just ignore the trolls. There are already enough fuckwits seeking attention from this tragedy - don't show us you're one of them.

Call out the others then. Why single me out?

go read the other thread I called Chuck D out at about the same time - for baiting YOU. It's not your position it's the timing who gives a shit if the trolls on this site are getting all excited about a perceived opening for their agenda. Little kids died and you post examples of bubba Jones stopping a thief with his gun Sorry no example will offset the killing of a kindergarten class. By posting a stupid list of crimes prevented is like posting red light camera footage of an intersection, after a school bus gets hit by a train. Gee Look at all the cars that get through safely every day.

Plchacker,

We're not talking about taking away anyone's guns were talking about having a discussion about the horror that happened today and possible solutions to massacres that seem to haunt our country but do not happen in countries that have equal laws and ownership like Israel and Switzerland. There is a fix we just need to talk about it and figure it out.

Sorry, this time it doesn't really matter what you or I think, this will be driven by people many pay grades above us.

The other common denominator? 99% of these shootings occur in 'Gun Free' zones.

Inconveinent coincidence? Methinks not...

Photo:

The point he's making is that the older brother was wrongly accused world wide of being the shooter-----but it wasn't til hours later that we learned it was actually his younger brother. Big bro is just trying to clean up the fukng media mess....

Seems more like a "mess" precipitated by law enforcement, to me...

Unless, you believe it was some reporter who was first on the scene, found the brother's ID on the shooter, and shared that information with his colleagues...

Little kids died and you post examples of bubba Jones stopping a thief with his gun

Go back and look really closely at the post times, then come back and correct yourself.

OK, so you would be for mandatory jail sentences for the owner of ANY gun used in a crime by other than the owner?

Hey dip shit, just about every f'ng state in the union already HAS mandatory sentences when a gun is used in a crime.

Jfc, please try to keep up, would ya?....

Photo:

Unless, you believe it was some reporter who found the brother's ID on the shooter, and shared that information with his colleagues...

Wtf are you on about now? Did you not follow this tragedy as it unfolded?.....

That would require registration of the guns, and from what I have seen, there are plenty of people who have no problem with registration taking months and costing hundreds of dollars, no problem with closed registries (bans, in common language), no problem with registries being used as tools to ban guns for being the wrong color, etc.

If anti-gunners were a bit more reasonable about registries, I would stop opposing them. But they aren't, so I won't.

Hey dip shit, just about every f'ng state in the union already HAS mandatory sentences when a gun is used in a crime.

So, you are saying that if someone living in your house or a friend took YOUR gun and committed a crime with it, YOU would go to jail? I wasn't familiar with those laws. Please tell me about them...I don't follow this stuff.

Responsibility is the best policy. Those who let others get their hands on their guns deserve jail.

Gun Nutter World Headquarters is going to be mighty pissed tonight:

News Corp. chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch expressed support for an automatic weapons ban tonight following today's shooting in Newtown, Conn.

"Terrible news today. When will politicians find courage to ban automatic weapons?," Murdoch wrote on Twitter.

Murdoch made a similar call following the theater shooting in Aurora, Colo., in July: "We have to do something about gun controls. Police license okay for hunting rifle or pistol for anyone without crim or pscho record. No more," he tweeted.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/12/murdoch-calls-for-automatic-weapons-ban-152057.html#.UMvdLlQtWrc.twitter

That would require registration of the guns, and from what I have seen, there are plenty of people who have no problem with registration taking months and costing hundreds of dollars, no problem with closed registries (bans, in common language), no problem with registries being used as tools to ban guns for being the wrong color, etc.

If anti-gunners were a bit more reasonable about registries, I would stop opposing them. But they aren't, so I won't.

Well, I wasn't anti-gun before, but you are definitely convincing me. I may have to give some big bucks to common sense gun regs orgs this year. Thanks, Tom. Before your rant, I thought I was dealing with reasonable individuals in some cases.

Plchacker,

Sorry, this time it doesn't really matter what you or I think, this will be driven by people many pay grades above us.

Boothygossip_zps1eb5c6e0.jpg

News Corp. chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch expressed support for an automatic weapons ban tonight following today's shooting in Newtown, Conn.

"Terrible news today. When will politicians find courage to ban automatic weapons?," Murdoch wrote on Twitter.

Murdoch made a similar call following the theater shooting in Aurora, Colo., in July: "We have to do something about gun controls. Police license okay for hunting rifle or pistol for anyone without crim or pscho record. No more," he tweeted.

Read more: http://www.politico....LlQtWrc.twitter

Not another confused person.

Getting back to those mean looking weapons, Obama seems confused about what an automatic weapon actually is.

“[W]hat I want is a — is a comprehensive strategy. Part of it is seeing if we can get automatic weapons that kill folks in amazing numbers out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill.”

Automatic weapons? Hmmm... well, maybe he misspoke, and executives can't be wrapped up in the jargon of every issue. That's why they have underlings.

Like ATF Acting Director Traver, who is equally confused.

About 1:17 into the video accompanying that article, he starts demonstrating a fully automatic weapon and talking about how they are available all over the place.

Traver is not really confused. He knows the difference. He and the reporter were clearly trying to mislead ignorant members of the public into thinking machine guns are freely available on our streets and are causing lots of crime. Neither is true.

Rupert could buy, sell or destroy the NRA with one wave of his bony finger.

So, you are saying that if someone living in your house or a friend took YOUR gun and committed a crime with it, YOU would go to jail? I wasn't familiar with those laws. Please tell me about them...I don't follow this stuff.

Responsibility is the best policy. Those who let others get their hands on their guns deserve jail.

If I do not secure my guns properly, and they are stolen, and used in a crime, here in Kali I'd probably end up in a court house....

Then why doesn't he?

(also, why doesn't the fat fuck know the diff 'tween 'automatics' and 'semi-automatic' firearms?)

(also, why doesn't the fat fuck know the diff 'tween 'automatics' and 'semi-automatic' firearms?)

Because he is no more educated on the issue than the President or his ATF Director.

Photo:

Unless, you believe it was some reporter who found the brother's ID on the shooter, and shared that information with his colleagues...

Wtf are you on about now? Did you not follow this tragedy as it unfolded?.....

Yes I did... I'm simply making the point that there would have been no false accusation, or resultant "Media Mess", if law enforcement had confirmed beyond a doubt the identity of the shooter, before releasing that information to the media...

Because he is no more educated on the issue than the President or his ATF Director.

(shhhh, I'm hunting emotionally charged, pearl clutching wabbits)....

Then why doesn't he?

Wait for it. If Murdock is not in your camp, chances are your camp doesn't stand a chance. This is a good sign. The resistance is cracking.

Newtown could be the 911 of gun control.

Then why doesn't he?

Wait for it. If Murdock is not in your camp, chances are your camp doesn't stand a chance. This is a good sign. The resistance is cracking.

Murdoch doesn't have jack shit to do with guns in this country. Except for what's in his own personal collection, and those carried by his security team...

When was the last massacre with an automatic weapon?

I mean, on the civilian side of the confrontation.

Rick,

Do you think you can dismiss a man who was powerful enough to put his own candidate in the White House? who also happens to own a pretty powerful media empire?

Saorsa,

Facts won't matter soon, this thing is going to be like rabies, mouth foaming craziness before its all over.

Then why doesn't he?

Because his rags would lose revenue - his whole empire is built on "if it bleeds, it leads" - that and the titties. Hopefully he won't stop the second part.

I don't honestly think the Boothys of this world will come around until someone gets 100 kids. That may make some folks come to their senses.

Facts won't matter soon, this thing is going to be like rabies, mouth foaming craziness before its all over.

I guess some folks around here need to wipe their chin.

To the right wing christains , would christ carry a gun?

I don't know. Except that the Pope drives around in armored, bullet proof vehicles....

Kansas gun nut shoots intruder in his home

I'm thinking it might be time to demonstrate once again that I really can post a steady stream of these, so here they come. This seems like a good thread for them.

That would be awesome. Could you give us 27?

Carjacker shot by off-duty cop. 26 to go, but I may not stop there.

We don't discuss the first amendment solely in reference to how it applies to nutz like the KKK and we're not going to discuss guns solely in reference to nutz either.

Little kids died and you post examples of bubba Jones stopping a thief with his gun

Go back and look really closely at the post times, then come back and correct yourself.

Can't do it? OK, I wll. 7:39 am yesterday was BEFORE Mitch brought this subject here for political discussion, or possibly got lost trying to find a non-political place to discuss it. He hasn't answered which it was, but I'm assuming the former.

Still got the Glock?

Can't do it? OK, I wll. 7:39 am yesterday was BEFORE Mitch brought this subject here for political discussion, or possibly got lost trying to find a non-political place to discuss it. He hasn't answered which it was, but I'm assuming the former.

the post I responded to was at 2:26 my time. Right when all the details of this tragedy were coming out. You offered more examples of guns used in a positive way and dared anyone to respond.

Your fixation about my asking you to give it a break while the bodies are still warm is more telling of your position than anything else. Carry on

the post I responded to was at 2:26 my time. Right when all the details of this tragedy were coming out. You offered more examples of guns used in a positive way and dared anyone to respond.

I thought I responded to Sol's sarcastic question at about that time and do not believe that post offered up any examples beyond the ones I offered prior to the shootings. The ones that did not interest anyone prior to the shootings, but suddenly became of interest later. Let's see...

Kansas gun nut shoots intruder in his home

I'm thinking it might be time to demonstrate once again that I really can post a steady stream of these, so here they come. This seems like a good thread for them.

That would be awesome. Could you give us 27?

That could take a few weeks, but yes.

It seems some of you only want to discuss guns when the topic is some terrible act by a lunatic, which seems to me like only wanting to discuss the first amendment with reference to how it applies to the KKK.

There is more to the story, whether you want to talk about it or not. I note that no one has stepped up to say what these crime victims who defended themselves with guns did wrong.

Anyone?

Yep, looks like my recollection is correct.

Seems the killer was Adam Lanza (age 20), not Ryan Lanza (age 24). The killer suffered from mental illness and the guns belonged to his mother, at least according to the latest. So is it possible that we should start locking up dangerous mentally ill people again?

The irony of that idea is that the same pearl clutchers here that want all guns to disappear off the face of the Earth are the same ones that wouldn't sign off on that one.

Progressiveness is good. Sometimes......

Evidently, you are right. Nobody even talking about the mental state of this or other nutjobs and why people are pumping them full of drugs and putting them back on the street for the rest of us to deal with, but they are all running around waving their arms in the air and hysterically calling to take away my right to defend myself from the nutjobs they are creating. I have never been a one issue voter, and voted for Obama both times, but fuck all if I am not seriously considering officially switching parties. There are absolute nuts in both parties, but I am getting real tired of the ones on the left. For Christ sakes, these folks don't wait five minutes to start exploiting this tragedy as an opportunity to creep deeper into the lives of good and decent people, all the while protecting the loonies out on the street. They are talking about this monster's mother like she was some kind of saint when she is the one that created the fucking monster who did this, and evidently even helped arm him by keeping guns where the little monster could access them. She and people like her are part of the problem, stop putting people who protect monsters up on some pedestal. Stop allowing psychiatrists to conduct chemistry experiments on every god damn kid who is sad or can't sit still in class, and maybe just maybe we stop seeing people with fried wiring perpetrating horrible evil on good people.

Guest One of Five

Seems the killer was Adam Lanza (age 20), not Ryan Lanza (age 24). The killer suffered from mental illness and the guns belonged to his mother, at least according to the latest. So is it possible that we should start locking up dangerous mentally ill people again?

The irony of that idea is that the same pearl clutchers here that want all guns to disappear off the face of the Earth are the same ones that wouldn't sign off on that one.

Progressiveness is good. Sometimes......

Evidently, you are right. Nobody even talking about the mental state of this or other nutjobs and why people are pumping them full of drugs and putting them back on the street for the rest of us to deal with, but they are all running around waving their arms in the air and hysterically calling to take away my right to defend myself from the nutjobs they are creating. I have never been a one issue voter, and voted for Obama both times, but fuck all if I am not seriously considering officially switching parties. There are absolute nuts in both parties, but I am getting real tired of the ones on the left. For Christ sakes, these folks don't wait five minutes to start exploiting this tragedy as an opportunity to creep deeper into the lives of good and decent people, all the while protecting the loonies out on the street. They are talking about this monster's mother like she was some kind of saint when she is the one that created the fucking monster who did this, and evidently even helped arm him by keeping guns where the little monster could access them. She and people like her are part of the problem, stop putting people who protect monsters up on some pedestal. Stop allowing psychiatrists to conduct chemistry experiments on every god damn kid who is sad or can't sit still in class, and maybe just maybe we stop seeing people with fried wiring perpetrating horrible evil on good people.

Yup.

... They are talking about this monster's mother like she was some kind of saint when she is the one that created the fucking monster who did this, and evidently even helped arm him by keeping guns where the little monster could access them. She and people like her are part of the problem, stop putting people who protect monsters up on some pedestal.

Guess I must have missed it, who is doing that?

Certainly not anyone here, no?

... They are talking about this monster's mother like she was some kind of saint when she is the one that created the fucking monster who did this, and evidently even helped arm him by keeping guns where the little monster could access them. She and people like her are part of the problem, stop putting people who protect monsters up on some pedestal.

No, not here. It was CNN where I saw most of this.

You mean, that crack news outfit who incorrectly initially named brother as the shooter? That professional news outfit? We have sort of a TV news moratorium going because of the amateur knee-jerk crisis news quality of the networks in an era of rapid communication....Technology is Not always good...

What a fantastic rant. I loved it. Too bad it bears little connection to the real problem.

What a fantastic rant. I loved it. Too bad it bears little connection to the real problem.

And what IS the real problem?....

Plchacker,

Boothygossip_zps1eb5c6e0.jpg

Gawd dam but you're such a childish, mindless little kid. Aren't you missing Romper Room right now?....

The problem is that the mentally ill have convenient easy access to fully functional, easily concealed firearms capable of killing many of people in a short period of time. Next question?

Now is when the gun nutter follows up with a 200lb fertilizer/diesel bomb, as a false equivalency argument. (Fail.)

Would you prefer what is behind door #2? The 'arm everyone' argument? (Fail.)

Door #3? Greater security? (It failed this time...and also impacts everyone's security. Fail.)

OK, I virtually never watch CNN... You might consider broadening your cable news sources... I generally alternate between MSNBC and FOX in following a developing story like yesterday's, and I can assure you - I certainly cannot recall anyone on either network "glorifying" the mother of the shooter in any fashion...

You mean, that crack news outfit who incorrectly initially named brother as the shooter? That professional news outfit? We have sort of a TV news moratorium going because of the amateur knee-jerk crisis news quality of the networks in an era of rapid communication....Technology is Not always good...

In fairness, it should be pointed out that CNN and others would have been provided the initial identification by a source within law enforcement/investigation... Why blame them for "incorrectly naming" the shooter?

You read dorados equally excellent rant. The truth must lie somewhere between the two, or maybe not. Some of the shooters were getting mental health help, some of the shooters were on drugs, some the the shooters just must have 'snapped'. You get these people taking extreme positions for a couple days and then it all goes away - until the next time. The real problem is that there's no single problem and there are no real answers to any of the problems.

You'll never find a predictor for this kid's rampage, you just won't find any way to say this is a problem kid that should be locked away or shouldn't be on this medication.

The one thing all the shootings have is the gun. But you'll never take them away, never, there'll always be a way to get them. If you want to spend the money, you could put more security in place, much, much more to stop any more cases like this latest school shooting spree.

The problem is that the mentally ill have convenient easy access to fully functional, easily concealed firearms capable of killing many of people in a short period of time. Next question?

Now is when the gun nutter follows up with a 200lb fertilizer/diesel bomb, as a false equivalency argument. (Fail.)

Would you prefer what is behind door #2? The 'arm everyone' argument? (Fail.)

Door #3? Greater security? (It failed this time...and also impacts everyone's security. Fail.)

If we locked up the monsters they would not have access to hurt anybody using anything. As far was which door I will take, how about door #4, I carry my gun so I can shoot back if some nut attacks me or my family. You can do whatever the fuck you like in the same situation, I think your idea was to use your wits, I am sure that would have worked out wonderfully with this monster.

OK, I virtually never watch CNN... You might consider broadening your cable news sources... I generally alternate between MSNBC and FOX in following a developing story like yesterday's, and I can assure you - I certainly cannot recall anyone on either network "glorifying" the mother of the shooter in any fashion...

In fairness, it should be pointed out that CNN and others would have been provided the initial identification by a source within law enforcement/investigation... Why blame them for "incorrectly naming" the shooter?

I am just giving up on news altogether at this point. What I really wanted to see when I turned the tv on was some discussion of where the budget negotiations were. Nobody was covering that. That was also just a small part of where my frustration lies. Nobody appears to be looking at the right thing on this. This is the first generation raised with their brains soaked in chemicals while they are planted in front of an xbox for 40 hours a week. We may just be seeing the fruits from seeds planted over the last 15 years. Nobody appears to want to have that discussion though, instead they just keep talking about banning guns, which if successful would just mean that someone shooting back goes from highly unlikely to virtually impossible.

You read dorados equally excellent rant. The truth must lie somewhere between the two, or maybe not. Some of the shooters were getting mental health help, some of the shooters were on drugs, some the the shooters just must have 'snapped'. You get these people taking extreme positions for a couple days and then it all goes away - until the next time. The real problem is that there's no single problem and there are no real answers to any of the problems.

You'll never find a predictor for this kid's rampage, you just won't find any way to say this is a problem kid that should be locked away or shouldn't be on this medication.

The one thing all the shootings have is the gun. But you'll never take them away, never, there'll always be a way to get them. If you want to spend the money, you could put more security in place, much, much more to stop any more cases like this latest school shooting spree.

1). It's been reported that the older brother ceased all communiction with the shooter more than two years ago.

2). It's widely known that the shooter had Asbergers and was mentally 'off'.

3). It's been reported that his high school classmates said he was quiet, withdrawn and had zero friends.

4). He didn't even show up for Picture Day for his year book.

5). Being the son of the mom who had legally purchased the three firearms, I'm sure that he had a lot more 'easy access' to them in her home than the average run-of-the-mill burgler would have had.

6). The shooter got into the school because he not only knew how the buzzer & new security measures worked, but his mom worked there as well. Oh yeah, and he came in with his brother's stolen i.d.

7). And given the above points, there was NOTHING in the world that would have prevented him from driving across the school grounds at recess and running over a hundred and fifty kids and teachers. Or locking up a class room or two, dousing the rooms and innocent children with gasoline, and burning them all to death.

8). The shooter himself obviously had some severe mental issues. The hand guns? Not so much....

Gawd dam but you're such a childish, mindless little kid. Aren't you missing Romper Room right now?....

You are a tiresome fool who cannot see beyond the lead filling the air in front of your many weapons.

And you pose as a respectable Federal Firearms Licencee while cranking out offensive posts on Sailing Anarchy, a public forum.

Romper Room? Immature kids on the forum probably think you, your jerkoff attitude, and your weapons are swell. I do not.

You and your attitude and your thirty guns are a contributing part of the problem, mi amigo.

Mmm, you think more guns will solve the US gun problem?

FAIL. But a different national mentality will solve it.winglesskittysniffing_zps0b429b97.jpg

Well done boothy! Golf clap. Now predict this kid doing what he did so that he would have been either medicated or removed from society.

Trust me, I wish I/We could. I honestly do. But barring the out right confiscation of every gun in America, gasoline, automobiles, knives and explosives, we will NEVER be able to stop these tragedies. Ever.

They. Will. Find. A. Way......

I am just giving up on news altogether at this point. What I really wanted to see when I turned the tv on was some discussion of where the budget negotiations were. Nobody was covering that. That was also just a small part of where my frustration lies. Nobody appears to be looking at the right thing on this. This is the first generation raised with their brains soaked in chemicals while they are planted in front of an xbox for 40 hours a week. We may just be seeing the fruits from seeds planted over the last 15 years. Nobody appears to want to have that discussion though, instead they just keep talking about banning guns, which if successful would just mean that someone shooting back goes from highly unlikely to virtually impossible.

Tq, I think you're close. Your bolded words are closer to the heart of the matter.

But empathy skills need to preempt might-makes-right skills, just for a starter.

Which doesn't sit well with Glock, and their hunter-with-dog photo labelled "hero_confidence".

Lewd fellows of the baser sort have been lapping that stuff up from the NRA since ~1977. Just sayin'.

hero-confidence.jpg

Well done boothy! Golf clap. Now predict this kid doing what he did so that he would have been either medicated or removed from society.

Trust me, I wish I/We could. I honestly do. But barring the out right confiscation of every gun in America, gasoline, automobiles, knives and explosives, we will NEVER be able to stop these tragedies. Ever.

They. Will. Find. A. Way......

You forgot things with sharp edges, sticks, rocks, hands, feet, and water.