Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bull Gator

Gun nutter sttrikes again

Aha, Boothy, you go from 150 down to 28 really quickly......

:unsure:

Why not just look up cars driving into crowds and what happened? I remember at most a couple dead and a bunch of injuries. That was into BIG an tight crowds, which you almost never would find on the playground. I'd put the body count at perhaps 4 if this dude tried something like that.

I f'ng give up. It's painfully obvious here that not only can I not fix crazy, but I also can't fix stupid.

Goodbye.....

Interesting how no one wants to accept some responsibility here. 20 kids and 6 educators dead, and all we can do is suggest something other than our personal interests are at fault. I think it's time for broad independent solutions to this issue, we can't ignore the fact the little kids suffered and died and we cannot past discussing any solution that infringes on our own interest.

B/L, I hate to break this to you----but the ONLY way this shit will stop is if;

1). Confiscate EVERY gun in A,merica. And

2). Lock up EVERY crazy person in America.

But since neither will EVER happen, it's a moot, meaningless & emotionally charged point. Sorry Pal........

Your next argument will be if they have no guns, then knives and baseball bats will become the weapon of choice.

I have no other argument. The above is the absolute truth & facts in America today. Any other 'measures that do not accomplish what I just wrote are merely emotionally charged reactions to a problem that can never be solved.....

I strongly disagree. Switzerland and Israel, have gun ownership equal to or superior to ours and they don't have mass craziness like we do. The difference? they require gun registration, permits, and background checks, in Israel, handgun purchase requires a personal interview. Compound that wit the fact that you don't read anything about complaints in those countries for those strong rules and you begin to see the fact that we need to loosen our views to understand this problem better.

Serious question---any clue on how Israel deals with their mentally ill?....

7). And given the above points, there was NOTHING in the world that would have prevented him from driving across the school grounds at recess and running over a hundred and fifty kids and teachers.

Probably the stupidest thing i ever read, but continue........as if one car could run over and kill 150 kids and teachers....

Did he have a tank? Chances are even that would be gummed up long before 100.

So you're suggesting that there was no way he could have simply driven thru the playground and run over 28 people? Jfc but you (somehow) get stupider by the minute. Ya oughta really consider taking a break from this place, make yourself a nice crab omellette with home made Hollandaise sauce, and go play with your boat....

Ahh door #1...the 'houshold-item-as-a-weapon' false equivalency argument. Nice try. Fail.

BTW rationalization is a trait in the sociopath. Do you think we need to get you evaluated, maybe 'lock you up?'

In Israel, gun owners are given a more thorough psychological test before granted a license and anyone with a record or proclivity to violence are automatically denied.

In Israel, gun owners are given a more thorough psychological test before granted a license and anyone with a record or proclivity to violence are automatically denied.

We already do the second one here. And I have no qualms about instituting the first....

Like most western nations. What, do you think Israel is like Afghanistan or Yemen or something?

We already do the second one here. And I have no qualms about instituting the first....

Making progress is good. There are many things that Israeli laws demand that would never pass muster here, yet there are some good ideas.

Making progress is good. There are many things that Israeli laws demand that would never pass muster here, yet there are some good ideas.

Like I said, I agree with some more mental stability checks. 'Cuz I'm as scared as the next guy thinking of nutsos running around with guns. But the question is----how does that get implemented?....

7). And given the above points, there was NOTHING in the world that would have prevented him from driving across the school grounds at recess and running over a hundred and fifty kids and teachers.

Probably the stupidest thing i ever read, but continue........as if one car could run over and kill 150 kids and teachers....

Did he have a tank? Chances are even that would be gummed up long before 100.

So you're suggesting that there was no way he could have simply driven thru the playground and run over 28 people? Jfc but you (somehow) get stupider by the minute. Ya oughta really consider taking a break from this place, make yourself a nice crab omellette with home made Hollandaise sauce, and go play with your boat....

Ahh door #1...the 'houshold-item-as-a-weapon' false equivalency argument. Nice try. Fail.

BTW rationalization is a trait in the sociopath. Do you think we need to get you evaluated, maybe 'lock you up?'

Nah, I think Booth may be on to something, here...

You see, the fundamental problem is that we're now breeding a generation of wusses, who are fundamentally afraid of the unique CHALLENGE presented by attempting to rack up the highest body count by chasing a pack of kids around a soccer field in an automobile...

It all comes down to the fundamental LAZINESS of today's youth... has nothing whatsoever to do with guns, they simply grab the tool most likely to get the job done with the minimum amount of EFFORT required...

As usual, Rick has nailed it...

Like I said, I agree with some more mental stability checks. 'Cuz I'm as scared as the next guy thinking of nutsos running around with guns. But the question is----how does that get implemented?....

Something like that is going to get a lot of opposition. Is it a starting point? maybe, we could use violence marker tests from say eighth grade, 12th grade, college, and create a profile that could be used to ask more questions, I don't think that is too invasive, if its kept absolutely private and conditional on gun ownership, but people would scream about individual liberty and invasion of other rights so whatever could be done will be very hard to do.

Gawd you two emotionally irrational gurls are fuking tools----of the worst kind....

Gawd you two emotionally irrational gurls are fuking tools----of the worst kind....

Who are you addressing?

]

Something like that is going to get a lot of opposition. Is it a starting point? maybe, we could use violence marker tests from say eighth grade, 12th grade, college, and create a profile that could be used to ask more questions, I don't think that is too invasive, if its kept absolutely private and conditional on gun ownership, but people would scream about individual liberty and invasion of other rights so whatever could be done will be very hard to do.

I'm NOT the NRA (in fact I'm not even a member). So any 'opposition' to more stringent mental background checks will not be coming from me, nor my gun owning family.

But then again, I'm a pragmatic, not an emotionist.....

Who are you addressing?

Not you---you're actually normal. Well, most of the time...... :lol:

Gentlemen, (badlatitude, Craigiri, mr_fabulous) please continue your thoughts.

Try to stick with the discussion, Rick.

If your POV has merit, you don't need the (multiple) ad hominems.

Nor do you need your POV backed up by an arsenal IMO.ElMouth-oMariachi-1.jpg

RBooth, your complete lack of empathy and sympathy with the parents of these murdered children is truly worrying.

Surely someone cannot be this cold and unreasonable, how can you be so in denial that weapons are not part of the problem.

RBooth, your complete lack of empathy and sympathy with the parents of these murdered children is truly worrying.

Surely someone cannot be this cold and unreasonable, how can you be so in denial that weapons are not part of the problem.

You gotta cite showing where I've shown 'no empathy and/or sympathy' for the parents here? Or where I've been 'cold and unreasonable'?

Didn't think so, fuk-stik. So quit making shit up.....

You gotta cite showing where I've shown 'no empathy and/or sympathy' for the parents here? Or where I've been 'cold and unreasonable'?

Well, I'd suggest your repeated refusal to address the question I've posed, or to simply acknowledge the possibility that your views just MIGHT be subject to modification, if indeed any of your own children had been gunned down in their kindergarten classroom, well...

That appears to be pretty definitive evidence of your inability, or unwillingness, to place yourself - however momentarily, or simply for the sake of argument - in any of those parents' shoes...

Turns out every one of those guns he had were legally purchased and owned.

By his Mom.....

She should have locked them up. She was an irresponsible gun owner.

And you know she did not have them locked up....how?....

And that's where a lot of this shit would finish before it even started! Lock the gun(s) up in a safe.

By his Mom.....

And that's where a lot of this shit would finish before it even started! Lock the gun(s) up in a safe.

Another solution. Make it mandatory.

By his Mom.....

It already fuking IS mandatory.

Jeezis people, please getcher shit & facts together before you start blindly posting the Leftista's inane talking points, ok?...

I do not beleive that is is mandatory to keep handguns or any guns in a safe in CT?

Advisable? Maybe, but not required. I would have to check the rules and regs in my rifle cab to be sure, but I think the laws require serious penalties for permitees who are careless and allow their handguns to fall into the wrong hands. But, no requirement for gun safes, AFAIK.

While I was getting my CCW in '07, I volunteered to give the serial numbers of my shotguns and rifles to the local State Police resident Trooper to have on file, but he didn't want them. I had falsely been told that they want them on file in case they are stolen from my house, but they do not..

Well, I'd suggest your repeated refusal to address the question I've posed, or to simply acknowledge the possibility that your views just MIGHT be subject to modification, if indeed any of your own children had been gunned down in their kindergarten classroom, well...

That appears to be pretty definitive evidence of your inability, or unwillingness, to place yourself - however momentarily, or simply for the sake of argument - in any of those parents' shoes...

Jon, here you bring up empathy skills. Compassion.

If we're blinded by self-importance, if we're empowered by easy weapons, these skills may not be valued or developed on a national level.

And here we have the problem behind the problem, IMO.

While nearby, Mr. Booth is smirking and calling some gurls.

Bingo, Jon. Bravo.

Rick,

There is no across the board law in the U.S. that mandates one specific containment of a weapon. If you know something different please enlighten us. Please keep it to facts and not gun nutter gibberish.

Aha, Boothy, you go from 150 down to 28 really quickly......

:unsure:

Why not just look up cars driving into crowds and what happened? I remember at most a couple dead and a bunch of injuries. That was into BIG an tight crowds, which you almost never would find on the playground. I'd put the body count at perhaps 4 if this dude tried something like that.

I f'ng give up. It's painfully obvious here that not only can I not fix crazy, but I also can't fix stupid.

Goodbye.....

You'll be back, Rick.

TrollingforBoothy_zpscdeabea0.jpg

Rick,

There is no across the board law in the U.S. that mandates one specific containment of a weapon. If you know something different please enlighten us. Please keep it to facts and not gun nutter gibberish.

It's a state thing, not a Federal thing, and I'm pretty damn sure all 50 of them have requirements regarding secure & safe storage of them. In fact over here in Kali, not only do hand gun manufacturers need to send in thre of theirs (and $10,000.00) for 'testing', but all gun locks and gun safes need to have the Kali Seal of Approval on them. Of course, all of these are just money grabbing methods for Suckramento, especially when it comes to the gun safes. Just compare the quality and build of a $169.00 Stack-On gun 'vault' that is 'ok' to store weapons here, versus a $2,000.00 Winchester safe that's built like a brick shit house---but is 'sposedly not approved for use in this stupid f'ng state....

Rick,

It's a state thing, not a Federal thing, and I'm pretty damn sure all 50 of them have requirements regarding secure & safe storage of them. In fact over here in Kali, not only do hand gun manufacturers need to send in thre of theirs (and $10,000.00) for 'testing', but all gun locks and gun safes need to have the Kali Seal of Approval on them. Of course, all of these are just money grabbing methods for Suckramento, especially when it comes to the gun safes. Just compare the quality and build of a $169.00 Stack-On gun 'vault' that is 'ok' to store weapons here, versus a $2,000.00 Winchester safe that's built like a brick shit house---but is 'sposedly not approved for use in this stupid f'ng state....

The point being there needs to be a federal law that applies to everyone, everywhere. Obviously, what we have, allows for Columbine, Aurora, and Virginia Tech, that is not acceptable. We need to examine those storage laws and see if we can somehow strengthen them. That would be easier than some other draconian measure that does not serve either interest any good.

Rick,

The point being there needs to be a federal law that applies to everyone, everywhere. Obviously, what we have, allows for Columbine, Aurora, and Virginia Tech, that is not acceptable. We need to examine those storage laws and see if we can somehow strengthen them. That would be easier than some other draconian measure that does not serve either interest any good.

And I agree. I'm actually in the process of 're-designing' some 'things' around the house in fact.....

So now the medical examiner has just stated that the seven kids he looked at were all shot with a long gun? Wtf?....

Read Boothy at his finest. What an example of arrested development in all its pathetic glory. .... and he owns guns ... that's got to be a worry.

If America ever gets it gun death rates down to anywhere near the 1st world average then I'll remember back to your attitudes and tell my children, men like you were a menace to society.

There's no more kindergarten class. They're all dead.......

You're fuking insane. Please, do us a favor and stfu for the rest of the week, ok?....

Hey JokeOff, could you please kindly go fuck yourself for the rest of the month and find another playground?...

Yes we do. Unfortunately, yours is full of drivel, inanities, speculation and misinformation....

Do you EVER get f'ng tired of being wrong and stupid?....

You two need to stop drinking from the same tippy-cup....

Aren't you the same dip shit that just called for having exactly ONE HALF of the guns in America confiscated? And I'm the fucker?......

(and gawd dammit but you're such a myopic leftista twit that it's beyond comical. Maybe you need to go do another long distance delivery)

What's this We shit, fruit loop?....

Hey Mr. Troll, I've had six different friends and acquaintences killed by thugs with guns in the past 40 years. And no, I still haven't traded my firearms in for a necklace made of pearls----'cuz I'm a Pragmatic, not an Emotionist----like yourself.

(shhhh, I'm hunting emotionally charged, pearl clutching wabbits)....

You guys will see a civil war of epic fuking proportions around here if the anti-nutters try to politicize this and push too hard.

Gawd dammit but your fuking ignorance never ceases to amaze us here. Don't you have ANY idea how hard it is to purchase and own firearms in Connecticut, the fourth most regulated state wrt to gun laws?Please C-Poo, for the sake of your own stupidity, please educate yourself before posting tripey drivel, ok?........

Nah, I can already see the writing on the wall---the emotionally challenged pearl clutchers are frothing at the mouth, but they're shooting blanks. The Second will remain, untouched and un-sullied by you and your elk....

Gawd dam but you're such a childish, mindless little kid. Aren't you missing Romper Room right now?....

Because I like them, and 'cuz I can. What's your point?....

Gawd dammit but your fuking ignorance never ceases to amaze us here. Don't you have ANY idea how hard it is to purchase and own firearms in Connecticut, the fourth most regulated state wrt to gun laws?Please C-Poo, for the sake of your own stupidity, please educate yourself before posting tripey drivel, ok?........

So now the medical examiner has just stated that the seven kids he looked at were all shot with a long gun? Wtf?....

Uh-oh, looks like that one's gonna cost 'ya... Bet you thought your side dodged a bullet on this one, that the dreaded moniker "Assault weapon" might not be dragged into the narrative...

Of the 7 children he personally examined, all had received between 3 and 11 gunshot wounds... No doubt, parents in Newtown will awaken in decades hence in a cold sweat, after another nightmare picturing what the body of their first-grader would have looked like after suffering 11 gunshot wounds at close range from such weaponry...

Go on, keep on insisting on any American's right to possess such firepower, if for no other reason that you find playing with them to be "fun"...

I do not beleive that is is mandatory to keep handguns or any guns in a safe in CT?

Advisable? Maybe, but not required. I would have to check the rules and regs in my rifle cab to be sure, but I think the laws require serious penalties for permitees who are careless and allow their handguns to fall into the wrong hands. But, no requirement for gun safes, AFAIK.

While I was getting my CCW in '07, I volunteered to give the serial numbers of my shotguns and rifles to the local State Police resident Trooper to have on file, but he didn't want them. I had falsely been told that they want them on file in case they are stolen from my house, but they do not..

What bearing does the serial number of a weapon have on it's use?

There is a lot of misinformation about gun ownership on both sides.

There are plenty of ways to disable weapons. Gun triAR15main.jpg are cheaply and simply available. In the case of the bushmaster, a simple bicylcle lock through the action would be enough to secure it for quite some time or a Life Jacket.

Rick,

I keep a loaded handgun in the drawer of the nightstand right next to my bed, and keep another one loaded and outside of the safe in my basement. They are not much of a defensive weapon located inside of a safe. If I had younger kids, I might handle things differently, but I don't so there is no need. Compelling me to keep a self defense weapon 2 floors below where I am sleeping and locked in a safe is beyond stupid.

Rick,

I keep a loaded handgun in the drawer of the nightstand right next to my bed, and keep another one loaded and outside of the safe in my basement. They are not much of a defensive weapon located inside of a safe. If I had younger kids, I might handle things differently, but I don't so there is no need. Compelling me to keep a self defense weapon 2 floors below where I am sleeping and locked in a safe is beyond stupid.

No, what is stupid is dismissing the idea without thinking that a modification could be added for single adults, senior citizens, or parents with grown children, etc.

Rick,

No, what is stupid is dismissing the idea without thinking that a modification could be added for single adults, senior citizens, or parents with grown children, etc.

Care to re-read the bolded section?

It sucks that some people are so afraid that they turn to guns for protection. I am not a coward. I'm giving my gun back to my gun nutter buddy.

It sucks that some people are so afraid that they turn to guns for protection. I am not a coward. I'm giving my gun back to my gun nutter buddy.

Good for you. I feel safer already.

Who is compelling you to keep a safe two floors below you?

Well, that's a relief...

But, why not drop it about a mile off of one of your World Class Beaches, instead?

Gun Nutter World Headquarters is going to be mighty pissed tonight:

News Corp. chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch expressed support for an automatic weapons ban tonight following today's shooting in Newtown, Conn.

"Terrible news today. When will politicians find courage to ban automatic weapons?," Murdoch wrote on Twitter.

Murdoch made a similar call following the theater shooting in Aurora, Colo., in July: "We have to do something about gun controls. Police license okay for hunting rifle or pistol for anyone without crim or pscho record. No more," he tweeted.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/12/murdoch-calls-for-automatic-weapons-ban-152057.html#.UMvdLlQtWrc.twitter

Murdoch will say anything needed to keep his media biz going. Best ignored.

It cost me $400. I can use that money to donate to the effort to enact strong gun control laws.

I hope others here will follow my lead. Gun Nutters like Tom ray, tq, and mr booth are a grave and growing threat.

Then why doesn't he?

(also, why doesn't the fat fuck know the diff 'tween 'automatics' and 'semi-automatic' firearms?)

Because his rags would lose revenue - his whole empire is built on "if it bleeds, it leads" - that and the titties. Hopefully he won't stop the second part.

Google phone hacking and News of the World, he's a has been.

You were talking about making a federal law requiring people to keep their guns locked away. For me that would be in a safe which is bolted to the floor in my basement. A law which would require ME to keep my home defense guns there would be stupid. I am starting to not care about everyone else.

You were talking about making a federal law requiring people to keep their guns locked away. For me that would be in a safe which is bolted to the floor in my basement. A law which would require ME to keep my home defense guns there would be stupid. I am starting to not care about everyone else.

Typical among gun Nutters.

Typical among gun Nutters.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I am a nutter, I am a member of the NRA which is now the new KKK, my hood is just out at the dry cleaners at the moment, I am responsible for things like this happening because I don't want the govt telling me that having a stock on my rifle which allows both my wife and I to use it will send me to prison for years. Some of you guys really gotta get a grip. The only reason, and I mean the only reason, that you all have the freedoms you have is because brave men and women do pick up weapons when needed to protect our lives and freedoms. Guns are not evil, guns are not good, guns have nothing but metal, plastic, and wood until someone puts intention into it. If more people are putting negative intention into things, then maybe we should figure that out, instead of taking the easy cop out of blaming some metal and plastic. I am really losing hope that there are any rational people left in this nation.

I am just giving up on news altogether at this point. What I really wanted to see when I turned the tv on was some discussion of where the budget negotiations were. Nobody was covering that. That was also just a small part of where my frustration lies. Nobody appears to be looking at the right thing on this. This is the first generation raised with their brains soaked in chemicals while they are planted in front of an xbox for 40 hours a week. We may just be seeing the fruits from seeds planted over the last 15 years. Nobody appears to want to have that discussion though, instead they just keep talking about banning guns, which if successful would just mean that someone shooting back goes from highly unlikely to virtually impossible.

Tq, I think you're close. Your bolded words are closer to the heart of the matter.

But empathy skills need to preempt might-makes-right skills, just for a starter.

Which doesn't sit well with Glock, and their hunter-with-dog photo labelled "hero_confidence".

Lewd fellows of the baser sort have been lapping that stuff up from the NRA since ~1977. Just sayin'.

hero-confidence.jpg

Since when was advertising based on reality??

They're trying to sell shit, remember?

Interesting how no one wants to accept some responsibility here. 20 kids and 6 educators dead, and all we can do is suggest something other than our personal interests are at fault. I think it's time for broad independent solutions to this issue, we can't ignore the fact the little kids suffered and died and we cannot past discussing any solution that infringes on our own interest.

B/L, I hate to break this to you----but the ONLY way this shit will stop is if;

1). Confiscate EVERY gun in A,merica. And

2). Lock up EVERY crazy person in America.

But since neither will EVER happen, it's a moot, meaningless & emotionally charged point. Sorry Pal........

Your next argument will be if they have no guns, then knives and baseball bats will become the weapon of choice.

Knives, the new best friend of the UK criminal and general scumbags, at least since we banned handguns.

That's bullshit sweeden and Norway and Japan all have lots of freedom and it isn't because of guns

What, didn't they use them in WW II?

You have the means to move the safe if you wanted to. This is about you not wanting to have a discussion about it. I have a biometric case built into my nightstand it is both easy to use and fast. I have had incidents where I had to use my thumbprint more than once to get it opened, but even with a delay it is quick. Biometrics tech is getting better and better all the time. I have confidence that I am not only being safe but responsible at the same time.

They just posted the names and ages of those killed in Newtown, Connecticut yesterday. 16 children six years old, 4, seven years old.

Read Boothy at his finest. What an example of arrested development in all its pathetic glory. .... and he owns guns ... that's got to be a worry.

If America ever gets it gun death rates down to anywhere near the 1st world average then I'll remember back to your attitudes and tell my children, men like you were a menace to society.

You're fuking insane. Please, do us a favor and stfu for the rest of the week, ok?....

Hey JokeOff, could you please kindly go fuck yourself for the rest of the month and find another playground?...

Yes we do. Unfortunately, yours is full of drivel, inanities, speculation and misinformation....

Aren't you the same dip shit that just called for having exactly ONE HALF of the guns in America confiscated? And I'm the fucker?......

(and gawd dammit but you're such a myopic leftista twit that it's beyond comical. Maybe you need to go do another long distance delivery)

Hey Mr. Troll, I've had six different friends and acquaintences killed by thugs with guns in the past 40 years. And no, I still haven't traded my firearms in for a necklace made of pearls----'cuz I'm a Pragmatic, not an Emotionist----like yourself.

You guys will see a civil war of epic fuking proportions around here if the anti-nutters try to politicize this and push too hard.

Nah, I can already see the writing on the wall---the emotionally challenged pearl clutchers are frothing at the mouth, but they're shooting blanks. The Second will remain, untouched and un-sullied by you and your elk....

Gawd dam but you're such a childish, mindless little kid. Aren't you missing Romper Room right now?....

The next time you decide to blow half a Saturday quoting my stuff, instead of banging your wife, you may wanna consider spending the other half of the day quoting the posts I was responding to. Ya know, just to keep the balance right and all?.....

OOOOOOO, fuk fuk fuk fuk fukitty fuk fuk fuk fukstik fuk. You liberal pussies and your fukin thinking are what has this country in such a mess. What this country needs is people who know how to talk tough, not a bunch of namby pamby thinkers, okay nancy? Fukitty fukkity fukkity fuk.

fuk.

Gun death numbers in the USA are an `outlier' compared to the rest of the 1st world. Not 10% more, not 100% more but 800% more.(International Epidemilogical Ascoc/ World Health Organisation)

Where are the corresponding USA mental health statistics to show that this correlates with a much higher gun death rate. Has the USA got a extraordinarily larger mental health problem than the rest of the 1st world? With the exception of Boothy ... I don't think so.

The only demonstrable correlation is the death rate verses the availability and ownership of guns in the general population as compared to the rest of the 1st world.

Rick,

It's a state thing, not a Federal thing, and I'm pretty damn sure all 50 of them have requirements regarding secure & safe storage of them.

Actually, no. Only 27 States have laws about storage.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2012/09/breaking-gun-storage-laws-can-land-you-in-jail.html

Gun death numbers in the USA are an `outlier' compared to the rest of the 1st world. Not 10% more, not 100% more but 800% more.(International Epidemilogical Ascoc/ World Health Organisation)

Hmmm... got a link or something?

Looking for your source, I found this one, which says this:

The United States has very high rates of homicide- and firearmrelated death, compared with other high-income countries throughout the world.2–4 The US violent death rate in 2000 was about twice as high as the estimated rate for other high-income countries in 2000.1 However, when one considers the entire world, many nations and regions face far higher rates of violent death than the United States.5

The US age-adjusted homicide rate of 6.2 per 100 000 in 2000 was lower than the global estimated rate of 8.8 per 100 000.1,6

You have the means to move the safe if you wanted to. This is about you not wanting to have a discussion about it. I have a biometric case built into my nightstand it is both easy to use and fast. I have had incidents where I had to use my thumbprint more than once to get it opened, but even with a delay it is quick. Biometrics tech is getting better and better all the time. I have confidence that I am not only being safe but responsible at the same time.

No, this is people on the over populated coasts not understanding that what makes sense in Manhattan or LA does not necessarily make sense in places like where I live. From my house, I can not even see the neighbors house except on a clear day in the dead of winter. Explain to me how putting a biometric safe in my bedroom makes anyone safer. You folks on the coasts need to realize that there is a whole other country in between you.

No, this is people on the over populated coasts not understanding that what makes sense in Manhattan or LA does not necessarily make sense in places like where I live. From my house, I can not even see the neighbors house except on a clear day in the dead of winter. Explain to me how putting a biometric safe in my bedroom makes anyone safer. You folks on the coasts need to realize that there is a whole other country in between you.

In a year or two, biometrics will be as easy as opening the drawer on your nightstand. Do you really think I would ignore the importance of access when I live in an area that is a natural target for thieves? do you think I keep a gun easily accessible to protect that? hell no, I trust my dog will eat them first and let me pick up the pieces later. You people in the country are a lot safer than the rest of us, relax, and enjoy that fact.

Guest One of Five

Desperate Nutters try to compare us to Yemen.

It's embarrassing.

What condition is your Glock in? Is it a 9 or a 45 or a .40?

In a year or two, biometrics will be as easy as opening the drawer on your nightstand.

And as reliable? I doubt it. But I have set a reminder in my calendar to respond to this post in a year.

In a year or two, biometrics will be as easy as opening the drawer on your nightstand.

And as reliable? I doubt it. But I have set a reminder in my calendar to respond to this post in a year.

Yeah, I know Tom, horseless carriages were a joke too.

It's not everyday I agree with TMSAIL, but cut the Favre crap for one day Tom. No-one is saying you "started it all", they're saying (correctly) that "your timing is fucking off". Give your little obsession a break and just ignore the trolls. There are already enough fuckwits seeking attention from this tragedy - don't show us you're one of them.

Call out the others then. Why single me out?

Cos I don't care much about what the others have to say at the best of times. Gator, jocal, & craigiri seem to revel in the reaction they get from trolling. You, at least, appear seem concerned about not appearing to be trolling for outrage. When kids die, I fully expect the lowest of the low to start waving their flag. They get off on the attention and the online anger they can generate.

As much as I disagree with you on your little obsessions, I did not classify your motives as trolling. As with most things, I'm open to changing my opinion on that given further evidence. I was hoping that pointing out the fact that both TMS and myself (opposite sides of the right/left divide) agreeing on the matter might give you pause.

Desperate Nutters try to compare us to Yemen.

It's embarrassing.

Yeah, it's OK to kill americans in Yemen.

That's bullshit sweeden and Norway and Japan all have lots of freedom and it isn't because of guns

What, didn't they use them in WW II?

If that's the case, Nukes are the best freedom weapons. Those and B-29's.

Let's do it. I want one.

Israelis have common enemies which tends to point their agression in on direction. They also are generally reasonable people, as jews are taught to base their world view on things like social good, reason, logic and questioning authority.

An Israeli would rarely make the statement like TQ above "I'm starting not to care about others" and turn against their own countrymen - they certainly would not do it in public and feel like they were cool for doing so.

Face it - we are the most selfish a-holes on the face of the earth and we have no real enemies so we have to make them up and pretend that they spend 24/7/365 trying to pry our guns and our porn away.

We have one giant chip on our shoulders.

It's not everyday I agree with TMSAIL, but cut the Favre crap for one day Tom. No-one is saying you "started it all", they're saying (correctly) that "your timing is fucking off". Give your little obsession a break and just ignore the trolls. There are already enough fuckwits seeking attention from this tragedy - don't show us you're one of them.

Cos I don't care much about what the others have to say at the best of times. Gator, jocal, & craigiri seem to revel in the reaction they get from trolling. You, at least, appear seem concerned about not appearing to be trolling for outrage. When kids die, I fully expect the lowest of the low to start waving their flag. They get off on the attention and the online anger they can generate.

As much as I disagree with you on your little obsessions, I did not classify your motives as trolling. As with most things, I'm open to changing my opinion on that given further evidence. I was hoping that pointing out the fact that both TMS and myself (opposite sides of the right/left divide) agreeing on the matter might give you pause.

Do you have any thoughts on the motives for this post?

You read dorados equally excellent rant. The truth must lie somewhere between the two, or maybe not. Some of the shooters were getting mental health help, some of the shooters were on drugs, some the the shooters just must have 'snapped'. You get these people taking extreme positions for a couple days and then it all goes away - until the next time. The real problem is that there's no single problem and there are no real answers to any of the problems.

You'll never find a predictor for this kid's rampage, you just won't find any way to say this is a problem kid that should be locked away or shouldn't be on this medication.

The one thing all the shootings have is the gun. But you'll never take them away, never, there'll always be a way to get them. If you want to spend the money, you could put more security in place, much, much more to stop any more cases like this latest school shooting spree.

6). The shooter got into the school because he not only knew how the buzzer & new security measures worked, but his mom worked there as well. Oh yeah, and he came in with his brother's stolen i.d.

Reliable and well sourced news reports today are claiming Adam Lanza defeated a gate system and broke into the school. As mom used to say, 'get your facts straight before you open your mouth and say something stupid'.

That's not what "Reliable and well sourced news reports" were saying yesterday.

Yes, he was calling the guy a sick fuck. I don't see how that, in any way, is pursuing an agenda. It's stating the fucking obvious.

Yes, he was calling the guy a sick fuck. I don't see how that, in any way, is pursuing an agenda. It's stating the fucking obvious.

I see how it is pursuing an agenda in several ways, among them:

1. It was done in Political Anarchy.

2. It was done in a Bull Gator gun nutter thread

3. Every subsequent post from him on this thread and others has seemed to pursue a gun control agenda in some form or other.

4. Virtually every reply on that topic has also been about gun control.

5. Point 4 would be expected by any non-retarded person who has spent more than a few minutes here, so seems to have been the intent, not some weird coincidence, especially in light of points one through three.

But I guess we'll agree to disagree and if you can see that post as having no agenda, I doubt you will change your mind. It seems to me to have an agenda to exploit the violent deaths of these kids for a gun control agenda, or it would have been posted elsewhere and not followed by a string of posts advocating gun control.

It seems to me to have an agenda to exploit the violent deaths of these kids for a gun control agenda, or it would have been posted elsewhere and not followed by a string of posts advocating gun control.

Wow. Conversely, should we view the deaths of 16, 6 year old, and 4, 7 year old children at the hand of gun violence, the price of freedom? I don't know, otherwise it would have been posted elsewhere and not followed by you defending guns.

It seems to me to have an agenda to exploit the violent deaths of these kids for a gun control agenda, or it would have been posted elsewhere and not followed by a string of posts advocating gun control.

Wow. Conversely, should we view the deaths of 16, 6 year old, and 4, 7 year old children at the hand of gun violence, the price of freedom? I don't know, otherwise it would have been posted elsewhere and not followed by you defending guns.

No, we should see it as a tragedy.

That way, neither the "need for gun control" or "price of freedom" are an issue.

But I guess we'll agree to disagree and if you can see that post as having no agenda, I doubt you will change your mind. It seems to me to have an agenda to exploit the violent deaths of these kids for a gun control agenda, or it would have been posted elsewhere and not followed by a string of posts advocating gun control.

Indeed, I don't agree with that view of said post nor do I intend to argue about it. My point was, and remains, that your timing was fucking terrible. The "Occam did it first" argument doesn't really change that, even if I did accept your view of it.

I too have children (youngest of which was in kindergarten this year) and so I felt the same disgust TMSAIL expressed that you would flippantly post your list with an invitation to engage in your preferred argument. Yeah, some kids were killed but look at the positive side - here's a list of crimes that were prevented. It's a sick argument to make at the best of times, pretty fucking disgusting to do so on the same day it happened.

They don't keep a list of serial numbers?? WTF?, then how the fuck do they even know what you own? Show them the till reciepts from the gun shop?

By his Mom.....

Thought common sense would've come into play, come home and find yourself looking at the the wrong end of your own gun(s) because you left it lying around is really gonna spoil your day.

I too have children (youngest of which was in kindergarten this year) and so I felt the same disgust TMSAIL expressed that you would flippantly post your list with an invitation to engage in your preferred argument. Yeah, some kids were killed but look at the positive side - here's a list of crimes that were prevented. It's a sick argument to make at the best of times, pretty fucking disgusting to do so on the same day it happened.

Oh, so you are mad at me for my time-traveling activities? I understand.

When I went to the future and saw the school shooting reports and then went back in time to the present the morning before the shootings and posted those incidents of gun owners defending themselves, that was a pretty low and slimy use of time travel. Or something. Something like this:

I thought I responded to Sol's sarcastic question after the shootings occurred and do not believe that post offered up any examples beyond the ones I offered prior to the shootings. The ones that did not interest anyone prior to the shootings, but suddenly became of interest later. Let's see...

Kansas gun nut shoots intruder in his home

I'm thinking it might be time to demonstrate once again that I really can post a steady stream of these, so here they come. This seems like a good thread for them.

That would be awesome. Could you give us 27?

That could take a few weeks, but yes.

It seems some of you only want to discuss guns when the topic is some terrible act by a lunatic, which seems to me like only wanting to discuss the first amendment with reference to how it applies to the KKK.

There is more to the story, whether you want to talk about it or not. I note that no one has stepped up to say what these crime victims who defended themselves with guns did wrong.

Anyone?

If only some of the folks 100 feet away had a pistol - they would have done away with the guy with the AR-15 quite quickly!

His rifle jammed during the shooting, which could be very hazardous to your health if armed people are nearby. Not as big of a problem in a victim disarmament zone, as evident...

It turns out that a concealed weapons permit holder did have his gun in the mall and did point it at the shooter, but did not fire, fearing he would kill innocent people. He reports that the shooter saw him taking aim as the shooter tried to clear his jammed rifle and the next shot was the one he used to kill himself.

Oh, so you are mad at me for my time-traveling activities? I understand.

Don't try that smarmy bullshit with me, Tom.

35l6wjd.png

Bent, I was unaware of the shootings until Mitch decided to bring the incident here to push for gun control.

Edit to add, despite your fun with time zones in that screen shot, the post you pictured was made by me at 7:39 am my time, well before the shootings.

Here's how it looks on this side of the planet:

gun-nut-thread-screenshot.gif

Hey Bent, since I have your attention and Sol seems to have left the building, do you have any idea which "dissent in other cases cited around here" he might have been talking about in this post? I thought I knew, but must have guessed incorrectly. You know how much I love to discuss dissents and it is distressing to me that I must have missed a good one.

Bent, I was unaware of the shootings until Mitch decided to bring the incident here to push for gun control.

Edit to add, despite your fun with time zones in that screen shot, the post you pictured was made by me at 7:39 am my time, well before the shootings.

My apologies, I was under the mistake impression you were ahead of me in time, not before. I still think you're acting like a tool pimping your agenda based on the tragedy, but not as much of one as I originally thought. Your initial post was before the deaths - other posts of yours are not. I agree with JBSF:

Its so sad that the little kid's corpses aren't even cold yet and tikipete
and others
want to turn this into a political shit. Nice job, cunts......

Hey Bent, since I have your attention and Sol seems to have left the building, do you have any idea which "dissent in other cases cited around here" he might have been talking about in this post? I thought I knew, but must have guessed incorrectly. You know how much I love to discuss dissents and it is distressing to me that I must have missed a good one.

Speaking of ass-hat moves, trying to use the thread about the kindergarten massacre to play games in another thread (I haven't even read) because a third poster isn't talking to them. Get a grip man, this thread and the tragedy are not about you and your petty games.

My apologies, I was under the mistake impression you were ahead of me in time, not before. I still think you're acting like a tool pimping your agenda based on the tragedy, but not as much of one as I originally thought. Your initial post was before the deaths - other posts of yours are not. I agree with JBSF: