Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bull Gator

Gun nutter sttrikes again

Banning fire arms at gun ranges is my reasonable proposal. If we can save just one....

If gun ranges have no guns then only non gun ranges will have guns.

Banning fire arms at gun ranges is my reasonable proposal. If we can save just one....

Armed guards will be sufficient. So says the NRA.

I think gun ranges should still be allowed but armed guards should be required.

Sorry ed - but BG's is more crazy. Thanks. Good laugh.

Toss it down the stairwell and duck behind a wall and your good. Didn't do any permanent damage to the little kid today

Stairwell??

Alarm brings homeowner home from work, where she winds up shooting at burglar. No injuries, perps captured.

http://www.douglascountysentinel.com/view/full_story/21611314/article-Armed-homeowner-fires-at-suspects-during-burglary?instance=west_ga_news

Home owner shoots intruder, wounding him. Perp captured, no nutterz injured.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Homeowner-shoots-alleged-intruder-4251776.php

Intruder shot by home owner, captured by police.

http://www.wtvq.com/content/localnews/story/Troopers-Garrard-County-Man-Shot-Alleged-Burglar/YJasUK1kRkC9qM7Cvctj_g.cspx

Guest One of Five

But I am sorry, how many bad guys were lured in? There have to be stats on that, 100% right?

Alarm brings homeowner home from work, where she winds up shooting at burglar. No injuries, perps captured.

http://www.douglasco...ce=west_ga_news

Home owner shoots intruder, wounding him. Perp captured, no nutterz injured.

http://www.chron.com...der-4251776.php

Intruder shot by home owner, captured by police.

http://www.wtvq.com/...qM7Cvctj_g.cspx

Thanks, Tom. If we can save....

Gun Nutter diabolical plot stopped.

Nice tie in to Bible nutters

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

The nutter thought he was safe with a gun going up against an unarmed man but he wasn't

Well, he certainly didn't seem to be a republican so why did you bring it up?

Did you find the reference to the french TV crew interesting or something?

No political statement just highlighting another gun nutter who thought he was safe with a gun but wasn't

Uhhh, he was the agressor. No, it sure sounds like a nut who decided to go get his first gun and never did figure out what to do with it.

Hey, he bought more Chick-Fil-A sandwiches to punish people with than he did guns.

That's soo non-traditional. He should have let the condemned have the sandwich first.

well he did bring 3 high capacity mags. He still wasn't safe..

Kinda shows they aren't all that badassed, eh?

Guest One of Five

why on Earth would anybody need those things to defend themselves Tom?

Why its beyond me and my little world (I heard on MSNBC that you don't 'NEED' any of it - it must be true)....

Sorry. This one may be closer. This guy would be in trouble if he lived in Florida.

Home owner follows intruder outside, shoots as he runs away.

He fired twice and it sounds like he missed both times, but those bullets hit something. If that is indeed what happened, no case can be made that he was protecting himself, but it's easy to see how he was at the very least endangering his neighbors' property, if not their lives.

Good chance he'd get arrested for attempted murder, reckless endangerment, brandishing a firearm, and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony around here unless the intruder was literally trying to set the house on fire from the outside.

Good chance he'd get arrested for attempted murder, reckless endangerment, brandishing a firearm, and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony around here unless the intruder was literally trying to set the house on fire from the outside.

Yup - use of deadly force to protect "stuff" isn't called for.

He wasn't even protecting stuff. He was taking revenge, or attempting to.

The nutter should revisit the parable of the good samaritan. Perp was just looking for a place to lay his head.

Jesus answered, "A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who both stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead. By chance a certain priest was going down that way. When he saw him, he passed by on the other side. In the same way a Levite also, when he came to the place, and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he travelled, came where he was. When he saw him, he was moved with compassion, came to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. He set him on his own animal, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, and gave them to the host, and said to him, 'Take care of him. Whatever you spend beyond that, I will repay you when I return.' Now which of these three do you think seemed to be a neighbour to him who fell among the robbers?"

He said, "He who showed mercy on him."

Then Jesus said to him, "Go and do."

Woman breaks in house gets shot dead....

http://worldnews.nbc...ng-tv-star?lite

How clever of her to leave no evidence of the break in.

Beukes said there were no signs of forced entry to the home and said that police would oppose any application Pistorius might make to be released on bail.

Beukes said there had been reports about previous problems at Pistorius' home which were "allegations of a domestic nature." When a reporter asked if she meant domestic violence, she nodded and said "yes".

I would think that a woman clever enough to break in without leaving any signs would have been clever enough to leave an abusive scumbag. They don't stop abusing and they generally escalate the abuse.

My suspicion is that she did not break in and he knew who he was shooting.

Man gets shot dead defending his wife and kids in home invasion.

Beukes said there were no signs of forced entry to the home and said that police would oppose any application Pistorius might make to be released on bail.

Beukes said there had been reports about previous problems at Pistorius' home which were "allegations of a domestic nature." When a reporter asked if she meant domestic violence, she nodded and said "yes".

I would think that a woman clever enough to break in without leaving any signs would have been clever enough to leave an abusive scumbag. They don't stop abusing and they generally escalate the abuse.

Don't jump to conclusions.

This story has legs.

I don't think he'll walk.

man shoots skunk

Ooops....

http://www.newser.co...-for-skunk.html

I shot a skunk with a BB gun, age 9, below the orchard-covered banks of the Columbia. In the brush, I took the black and white colors for a "confirmed" magpie.

The family dog and I got blasted, and the smell showed me a basic offense to serious shooter: on that shot, I didn't truly know what I was shooting at.

I remember that after about five minutes I got used to the smell, but it was bad.

Nice place to grow up, I got to roam the brush and hills a lot. Pretty wild; dogs came back with porcupine quills in their lips and gums. The wolves would howl from a few directions at night; certain dogs would join in the howling, infrequently but year round.

Mostly in the springtime, some of the wolves and dogs would join in packs of ten or twelve and maraud past all the rural houses, even during the day. Guns were no big deal, seemed like most of the men hunted, as a social buddy group thing. Horrific shootings and gunplay didn't seem to happen regularly.

man shoots skunk

Ooops....

I shot a skunk with a BB gun, age 9, below the orchard-covered banks of the Columbia. In the brush, I took the black and white colors for a "confirmed" magpie.

The family dog and I got blasted, and the smell showed me a basic offense to serious shooter: on that shot, I didn't truly know what I was shooting at.

I remember that after about five minutes I got used to the smell, but it was bad.

Nice place to grow up, I got to roam the brush and hills a lot. Pretty wild; dogs came back with porcupine quills in their lips and gums. The wolves would howl from a few directions at night; certain dogs would join in the howling, infrequently but year round.

Mostly in the springtime, some of the wolves and dogs would join in packs of ten or twelve and maraud past all the rural houses, even during the day. Guns were no big deal, seemed like most of the men hunted, as a social buddy group thing. Horrific shootings and gunplay didn't seem to happen regularly.

Yup. Before graphic movies, before violent video games, before thug-rap, before psychotropic drugs, before judges got soft on crime, before the ACLU, before the huge tidal wave of pussification swept over this Great Land of ours.....we lived free, easy and safe. Now look at us.

How. Fuking. Sad.....

man shoots intruder next door

http://articles.chic...sk-shiny-object

Didn't you already start a thread on this one in GA and comment on the thread devoted to it in PA? I'm pretty sure you did...

I have a thread in ga on this it's not political. ...

I've been providing only new examples of self defense shootings. You really want to open the floodgates to historic ones? I might have to bump the number of examples I will provide from 2,700 to 27,000, another good, random number. ;)

parking lot this time

http://www.newser.co...-gun-store.html

Another one that has its own thread...

There are four basic rules for safe handling of firearms:

1. The Gun Is Always Loaded!

2. Never Point The Gun At Something You Are Not Prepared To Destroy

3. Always Be Sure Of Your Target And What Is Behind It

4. Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Your Sights Are On The Target

Following any one of those four would have prevented the tragedy. Following all of them would have prevented the negligent discharge altogether, however following any one of those four would have prevented the death. If the guy decided it was a good idea to pull his kid on his skateboard around the neighborhood with the truck and the kid was killed, most people would agree that some type of charges should be filed based on the reckless behavior. I don't see how this is any different.

I agree, except you got the order wrong and I suspect this was a rule three (finger on trigger) violation, in addition to the obvious rule two violation. Also, it's a good practice to unload a gun AND leave the action open when transporting them, handing them to another person, etc. They generally don't fire with the action open.

Yup. Before graphic movies, before violent video games, before thug-rap, before psychotropic drugs, before judges got soft on crime, before the ACLU, before the huge tidal wave of pussification swept over this Great Land of ours.....we lived free, easy and safe. Now look at us.

Yeah, not to mention Latin-American drug gangs... Looters running wild in South Brooklyn... agents of al Qaeda and other terrorists... Obama's "mainstream" media enablers... Hurricanes... Tornadoes... Riots... Lone criminals... These are perils we are sure to face...

...in Wayne LaPierre's Post-Apocalyptic Amerika,,,

Another fuktastic screed from this lunatic...

http://dailycaller.c...tand-and-fight/

....Wayne LaPierre's Post-Apocalyptic Amerika,,,

He says pretty much exactly what I have been saying:

We, the American people, clearly see the daunting forces we will undoubtedly face: terrorists, crime, drug gangs, the possibility of Euro-style debt riots, civil unrest or natural disaster.

Gun owners are not buying firearms because they anticipate a confrontation with the government. Rather, we anticipate confrontations where the government isn’t there—or simply doesn’t show up in time.

Additionally, our Constitution makes abiding rules meant to last a long time, and there can be no certainty over the long term that we will not face invasion or the collapse of our government.

The one most likely to affect me (again) is the one that already has: temporary and localized disability of our government after a natural disaster. I think this response is completely inappropriate and dangerous and hope to never see it again from another American government official:

Sincerely,

Your Favorite Lunatic

You have hurricanes, Miami and Orlando. I have earthquakes, South Central and the Barrios. Trust me, it's just a matter of time before one or the other occurs again and things become very fugly.....

Yeah, not to mention Latin-American drug gangs... Looters running wild in South Brooklyn... agents of al Qaeda and other terrorists... Obama's "mainstream" media enablers... Hurricanes... Tornadoes... Riots... Lone criminals... These are perils we are sure to face...

...in Wayne LaPierre's Post-Apocalyptic Amerika,,,

Thank you for finally reaffirming both our reasoning & our rights to own firearms and be able to protect ourselves. I knew you'd come around eventually....

man shoots skunk

Ooops....

How. Fuking. Sad.....

Man attacks pregnant woman, who flees to her 87 year old landlord's place. The man followed and assaulted her there, and the landlord tried to stop him, at which point he attacked the landlord. Bullies who attack women and old men should realize that some geezers are armed and thus capable of defending themselves. After being shot, he left but continued stalking around her place for an hour and turned off her electricity before driving himself to the hospital. As usual, the request for treatment of an unexplained gunshot wound led to his arrest.

Man attacks pregnant woman, who flees to her 87 year old landlord's place. The man followed and assaulted her there, and the landlord tried to stop him, at which point he attacked the landlord. Bullies who attack women and old men should realize that some geezers are armed and thus capable of defending themselves. After being shot, he left but continued stalking around her place for an hour and turned off her electricity before driving himself to the hospital. As usual, the request for treatment of an unexplained gunshot wound led to his arrest.

People like that parasitic fuk should get life in prison, with zero possibility of being paroled.

At least until after their funeral.....

Boothy, that could only happen with large tax increases or if we were to end the war on (some) drugs, which is clogging our prisons, mostly with marijuana convicts. No way will the GOP allow either of those. I'm with them on the large tax increases part.

You have hurricanes, Miami and Orlando. I have earthquakes, South Central and the Barrios. Trust me, it's just a matter of time before one or the other occurs again and things become very fugly.....

When the machines become self aware, we will all become brothers in arms.

the only problem with shootingh someone you think is breaking into your house to do nasty things to you, is when it goes wrong. Ask the south African balde runner fella. He shot his girlfriend who he wasn't expecting to be in his house.

leave the gun alone. run off down the street if you have to its a lot less hassel.

the only problem with shootingh someone you think is breaking into your house to do nasty things to you, is when it goes wrong. Ask the south African balde runner fella. He shot his girlfriend who he wasn't expecting to be in his house.

leave the gun alone. run off down the street if you have to its a lot less hassel.

Yeah, brilliant. Let's make the criminal's lives even easier.

Really, this type of mindset is just so ridiculous to me that it borders on ludicrous....

He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

You are channeling Gator and not reading the thread before posting.

Yeah, brilliant. Let's make the criminal's lives even easier.

Really, this type of mindset is just so ridiculous to me that it borders on ludicrous....

Yep. However it DOES serve as a reminder about how a significiant portion of the population in America is horribly ignorant and uninformed. They get their news from 30 sec sound bites on MSNBC or Fox.... and even then only pay attention to about 7% of that. It also reminds me how most politicians got into and stay in office......

Murder Plot Allegation Against Fifth-Graders Stuns Washington Town

SEATTLE — "In what has become a chillingly familiar event across the country, school authorities in eastern Washington recently discovered a gun and a knife in the backpack of a student. But what stunned the small town of Colville was whom the backpack belonged to: a 10-year-old student at Fort Colville Elementary School.

School authorities said two fifth-grade boys planned to use the weapons to lure another student outside the school and kill her "because she was really annoying."

The boys last week confessed to plans to harm an additional six students at the school.

"This was a plan. And it was a plan to kill," Stevens County prosecuting attorney Timothy Rasmussen said Thursday.

Rasmussen said he would argue that the 10-year-old and his 11-year-old codefendant be held criminally responsible on charges of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder and witness tampering — a charge filed after authorities said the boys promised to pay $80 to a student if he agreed not to tell anyone about the plot.

According to a court affidavit made public this week, the incident came to light shortly before 8 a.m. on Feb. 7, when a fourth-grader told a teacher he had seen an 11-year-old boy with a knife".

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-0215-kids-murder-plot-20130215,0,4826541.story

Badlatitide, Colville is the Indian Reservation, more upper Columbia, way out there against B.C.. The area is historic for a gold rush there the month after treaties were coerced in eastern Washington. One newspaper list named seventy miners missing.

After two years of demands, the US Army ran these 1855 killers down three years later, tried them where apprehended, and shot them against trees. Maj. Garnett, was involved and in command summer 1858,. How many shot? Eleven there, but the accomplished hit list was 25.

No native oral history has surfaced suggesting the wrong perps were shot. Go USA, I guess.

In that spirit, maybe that granny perp shooter could do better.

Stepitupauxilary_zps0d2de722.jpg

SEATTLE — "In what has become a chillingly familiar event across the country, school authorities in eastern Washington recently discovered a gun and a knife in the backpack of a student. But what stunned the small town of Colville was whom the backpack belonged to: a 10-year-old student at Fort Colville Elementary School.

School authorities said two fifth-grade boys planned to use the weapons to lure another student outside the school and kill her "because she was really annoying."

The boys last week confessed to plans to harm an additional six students at the school.

"This was a plan. And it was a plan to kill," Stevens County prosecuting attorney Timothy Rasmussen said Thursday.

Rasmussen said he would argue that the 10-year-old and his 11-year-old codefendant be held criminally responsible on charges of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder and witness tampering — a charge filed after authorities said the boys promised to pay $80 to a student if he agreed not to tell anyone about the plot.

According to a court affidavit made public this week, the incident came to light shortly before 8 a.m. on Feb. 7, when a fourth-grader told a teacher he had seen an 11-year-old boy with a knife".

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-0215-kids-murder-plot-20130215,0,4826541.story

Jamie Bulger killing! I left you a link.

These kids didn't need a knife or a gun, if they wanna do it, they will and they did.

http://www.google.com/search?client=ms-rim&hl=en&q=jamie%20bulger&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&channel=browser

Follow the story and get back to me.

And for some reason the taxpayer has to spring the money for their incarceration and their subsequent protection on release and new ID's.... Oh yeah and the new incarceration since one of them decided to go downloading kiddy porn on jail release.

Then we get to release this fuck again...

And the whole shit starts again.

http://www.latimes.c...0,4826541.story

These kids didn't need a knife or a gun, if they wanna do it they will.

http://www.google.co...channel=browser

Tragic case but I'm not sure what your point is. The boys here had access to weapons and that was the choice they made.

http://www.latimes.c...0,4826541.story

These kids didn't need a knife or a gun, if they wanna do it they will.

http://www.google.co...channel=browser

Tragic case but I'm not sure what your point is. The boys here had access to weapons and that was the choice they made.

My point is the 'knee jerk' reaction to the anti-gun lobby.

They don't need a gun or a knife, nutters (even at that age) will make do with whatever is available.

Get it yet?

We don't know what people will do given different sets of circumstances. Sometimes it's better to fore go the speculation, it is what it is.

Preference of tool for mayhem?

Darner offered the info that, if handy, you'll want the right tool for the job.scarylookingARs_zps72ff6300.jpg

Preference of tool for mayhem?

If you mean to ask which guns are most commonly used in crimes, the answer is handguns, mostly cheap revolvers. Those are also the ones most commonly used to stop crimes. There are always exceptions, like this one:

Security guard uses mean looking AR-15 to stop armed robbery

Dorner was a good guy with a gun, right up the point he killed his first victim. Then he was a bad guy with a gun, at least according to the NRA. And the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Unless you can burn him out. Then you only need a RPV with incendiary device. But you get my point.

Dorner was a good guy with a gun, right up the point he killed his first victim. Then he was a bad guy with a gun, at least according to the NRA. And the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Unless you can burn him out. Then you only need a RPV with incendiary device. But you get my point.

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/witch.wav

Dorner was a big fan of gun control, but apparently he meant for everyone else. The NRA was hardly alone in condemning his murder spree. I don't recall hearing anything from the NRA on him, but would expect them to react like everyone else did. He had no supporters once he started killing, but the LAPD had and has critics, including me.

Dorner was a big fan of gun control, but apparently he meant for everyone else. The NRA was hardly alone in condemning his murder spree. I don't recall hearing anything from the NRA on him, but would expect them to react like everyone else did. He had no supporters once he started killing, but the LAPD had and has critics, including me.

Turns out in Dorner's case, a bad guy with a gun was the only thing that could stop a bad guy with a gun. Seems to play over and over again. Why does the NRA think a good guy is even needed? Shouldn't we just give bad guys guns so they can take themselves out?

"....he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." -Ron Paul on guns....

http://www.businessi...er-tweet-2013-2

You left out part of what he said, which seems to me the important part:

"Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense."

The D stands for "disorder" as in "mental disorder" as in nutz. Was he disrespecting veterans or making a comment about the few who are nuts and the wisdom of handing a gun to a nut? Seems to me he was obviously doing the latter, but I guess it's a serious question for some.

"....he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." -Ron Paul on guns....

http://www.businessi...er-tweet-2013-2

You left out part of what he said, which seems to me the important part:

"Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense."

The D stands for "disorder" as in "mental disorder" as in nutz. Was he disrespecting veterans or making a comment about the few who are nuts and the wisdom of handing a gun to a nut? Seems to me he was obviously doing the latter, but I guess it's a serious question for some.

I left out the part where Ron specifically implicated guns for contributing to the incident, yes.

gun nutters like to shoot for relaxation and to feel less afraid. Taking a mentally ill soldier shooting is seen as the height of therapy, Kind of like Larry bird taking Alan Iverson out to shoot jumpers

Thank you, Tom. As a non gun owner myself (hate the fucking things, except the Baretta over/under I used to shoot skeet with my Dad), I appreciate your diligence.

It amazes me that the links you post never make it to the national news, as if there is only one side to the coin.

Keep up the good work. Back to lurking. Carry on.....

Multiple carjackings with murders and attempted murders. His odds of getting away with that would be worse in a place like Florida, where he might just try it on one of the million+ CWP holders.

Yep, you have to have a license to be a gun dealer. I have said many times that the proper word for "unlicensed dealer" is "criminal."

gun nutter buys 31 handguns in two weeks goes to jail

http://usnews.nbcnew...e&lite=obinsite

Wow. Someone was actually prosecuted under existing federal laws? WTF? Talk about a one-percenter! I expect to see her sitting with the First Lady at the next SOTU.

Sitting next to Michelle, is Kimberly Dinkins. Now. Kimberly Dinkins bought 31 handguns in 2 weeks. That was against the law. Ms. Dinkins is just one of many thousands of people we could have arrested if we enforced our existing gun laws....