Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

limeydal

Midway carrier (sail boat )

Parade of lights this weekend on San Diego Bay.

Not sure who these guys were, but certainly took my vote for being the most creative.

CF 2971 ET .

Anyone who knows them and if they want a free full size image, tell them to email me

cheers Dal

post-22096-0-93177900-1355801762_thumb.jpg

Boeing employees?

Judging by the flight suits of the 2 on the bow and the F-14s in lights, I would guess it is a former Navy fighter guy. F-14s haven't been around for a while and they were made by Grumman, not Boeing. Pretty cool idea though.

Double exposure or something similar.

That carrier stuff is not on that boat, lines and guys going off into nowhere space, and there are a bunch of semitransparent "ghosts" on deck as well...

That carrier stuff is not on that boat, lines and guys going off into nowhere space, and there are a bunch of semitransparent "ghosts" on deck as well...

Yes, it makes perfect sense to fake such a photo.

sorry guys, no fake or PS involved.

Have the whole sequence of shots to prove it.

(If I brighten a frame up you can see the supports.)

Just thought it was good work by the team who put it together. Sort of a compliment to them, that you think it is a fake.

cheers Dal

sorry guys, no fake or PS involved.

Have the whole sequence of shots to prove it.

(If I brighten a frame up you can see the supports.)

Just thought it was good work by the team who put it together. Sort of a compliment to them, that you think it is a fake.

cheers Dal

Nice offer Dal. Hope the group gets a hold of you. We get some pretty good (but not that good) venetian night entries. Lots of work and planning to put it together.

Ok for the Baaa Humbug crew, here's the boat (exposure lightened) to show the supports for the planes and the lights on the stays.

The "Ghosting" was actually some"special effects" fog the guys were using to enhance the display

cheers Dal

post-22096-0-53722400-1355885122_thumb.jpg

dal if you can send me a copy without watermark i'll put it on the front page. 1200 pixels on the short side.

clean at sailinganarchy dot com

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Sure Clean,

did you want the first shot or the last full length one ??

cheers Dal

The port list is not going to be good for the recovery. The bolter pattern is going to be full and the yoyo tanker empty.

dal if you can send me a copy without watermark i'll put it on the front page. 1200 pixels on the short side.

I got no dog in this fight but why no waterrmark? Should not the photog get credit?

Just say n'

The port list is not going to be good for the recovery. The bolter pattern is going to be full and the yoyo tanker empty.

Yea, but it will still be safer to land on than the crazy new Chinese carrier and they are close enough they can bingo to North Island if they don't catch a wire.

I got no dog in this fight but why no waterrmark? Should not the photog get credit?

Just say n'

a watermark ruins the photo, and can just be snipped off by anyone who wants anyway, so we ask for a high-res without a mark and we always give credit and a link in the text

with the traffic we send to them, 99% of photographers are happy with this kind of arrangement

Thanks for all the complements, this was our boat in the parade! I can assure you no photoshop was involved, just foam board, lights and a lot of duct tape. I am actually a volunteer on the midway which let us to choose the Top Gun theme and yes there was a fog machine behind the island (no ghosts that I was aware of). I attached a picture of us staging the F-14's in our driveway in case there are any doubts and will try to get the video uploaded at some point.

post-74719-0-68528600-1355975518_thumb.jpg

Just say n'

an SA tridition to crop out WM's

there giving him a chance to show it as is

I would think placing WM in a different place (if desired) would be good enough

the ©redit on a photo is a Good thing (as is Not striping the other info out of the file)

been a looooooooooong time that Mer's been putting her ©redit on All Photos

Why not dal ?

If dal doesn't want to send it w/o WM

I can send the XMASS Card w Snaggie Nekid and the Turtle

Just gutta put some of those blackout squares over

the eyes of the Turtle :rolleyes:

Just say n'

a watermark ruins the photo, and can just be snipped off by anyone who wants anyway, so we ask for a high-res without a mark and we always give credit and a link in the text

with the traffic we send to them, 99% of photographers are happy with this kind of arrangement

poor placement runis a photo

But tastefully done in can be a +

and Really Helps as an Image starts floating around

and someone for whatever reason wants to know (Who Shot it)

Like this Randumb Shot (Author Unknown)

DAACLOGO.jpg

Now that Two Girls One Cup Pic from the Gas Lamp might have been better w/o ©redit :o:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Way over thought !

Happy with photo credit, which is always given on the front page.

Just have it set to put copyright on my reduced web postings, just so people can see who shot it.

And rsmithSD

NICE JOB !!!! Have several shots from differant angles, if you dont already have good images of. Hope you win your class !!!

cheers Dal

Just say n'

an SA tridition to crop out WM's

there giving him a chance to show it as is

I would think placing WM in a different place (if desired) would be good enough

the ©redit on a photo is a Good thing (as is Not striping the other info out of the file)

been a looooooooooong time that Mer's been putting her ©redit on All Photos

Why not dal ?

If dal doesn't want to send it w/o WM

I can send the XMASS Card w Snaggie Nekid and the Turtle

Just gutta put some of those blackout squares over

the eyes of the Turtle :rolleyes:

no, mer puts credit on the facebook and other wide distribution shots. press release photos intended for editorial use get no watermark ever.

Thanks for all the complements, this was our boat in the parade! I can assure you no photoshop was involved, just foam board, lights and a lot of duct tape. I am actually a volunteer on the midway which let us to choose the Top Gun theme and yes there was a fog machine behind the island (no ghosts that I was aware of). I attached a picture of us staging the F-14's in our driveway in case there are any doubts and will try to get the video uploaded at some point.

Awesome Job!!!

Nice to see my old ship in a parade!

USS Midway, VA-115, "77-79"

Not to diminish your project in any way...

I don't believe that F-14s were ever deployed on the old girl as I recall, her deck isn't large enough and the hanger bay would be tight too for those beasts. When I was on they had F4J Phantom II, then I heard they went to F-18.

Although, the sight of a 14 on the Midway would have been awesome!

fs

Not entirely true fallsailor. In 1982 USS Enterprise and USS Midway were on a NORPAC exercise when the weather got bad and they had to recover two Tomcats from the "Big E". Everyone was worried that the Tomcats wouldn't make it on board because Midway's angle deck is a bit shorter than the Enterprise's. They both made it safely on board and were launched off the next day. The cat shots were also interesting in that the Midway's cats weren't rated to launch Tomcat's either. With 30+ knots over the bow, max steam pressure, and afterburner, and the jet blast deflectors down they both got off safely. The Tomcats were from VF-114 and VF-213. I was flying in VF-114 at the time and of course when we got the jet back it was covered in stickers and grease pencil marks from the squadrons on the Midway as tradition dictates when you land on the wrong carrier - not that they had a choice. The weather at Enterprise was 0 /0 (0 feet visibility and 0 feet altitude), the planes were running out of gas, no tankers airborne and no bingo fields.

Ok for the Baaa Humbug crew, here's the boat (exposure lightened) to show the supports for the planes and the lights on the stays.

The "Ghosting" was actually some"special effects" fog the guys were using to enhance the display

cheers Dal

I see!

VEry Cool!