• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atilla The Hun

musto br1 or mpx Salopettes

been trawling the net for the past few days and getting nowhere so hope the anarchists can set a sailor from accross the adlantic straight.

got a very nice present of musto br1 salopette's.... my musto mpx's race are very tired now and badly need replacing.

just trying to assess if the br1's are as adequate as the sales talk would suggest and keep the yo yo's in my wallet as there is quite a price difference!

Must BR1 trousers offer yachtsman affordable lightweight protection for all sorts of sailing activities. Primarily they're suited to sailors performing inshore, racing and cruising...

....And being so lightweight they're extremely popular amongst day sailors

Avid enthusiast mostly keel boat day racing on j109 April to Oct and most weekend races and summer evening racing when I can.

will do events like Cork Week, Sovereign's, Volvo Regatta, IRCA Nats etc.

Used to do a lot of bow in the past but the last few years have been trimming upwind and down wind and will jump into a problem situation to help where every it can occur around the cans racing.

Will do one or 2 costal deliveries a season to and from events

Will sail other classes whenever the opportunity arises like sports boats.

should I chance the Br1's or bit the bullet and shell out for the mpx??????

I bought some Musto BR1 as an interim purchase and have used them offshore and around the cans. They have been waterproof, comfortable from a mobility perspective, but they sweat particularly on active round the cans racing. They are not as breathable as the advertising suggests. That's true of a lot of foulie makers. e.g. the SLAM ATS smock is like wearing a platic bag yet it touts all sorts of superior breathability. The most breathable gortex I have worn is my Kokatat Expedition drysuit.