Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

what was it?

sorta looks like the wierd Russian Volvo boat.. can't remember the designer... several episodes ago..

sorta looks like the wierd Russian Volvo boat.. can't remember the designer... several episodes ago..

Are you thinking Faszisi?

39336d1263086042-monohull-speed-speed-dream-vlad-murnikov-fazisi_first_sailing.gif

Timbo, for some reason that's exactly what I thought. The Russian Whitbread entrant. Maybe it's the battleship sweep up of the shear towards the bow.

Open 60 Kingfisher.

39336d1263086042-monohull-speed-speed-dream-vlad-murnikov-fazisi_first_sailing.gif

Yup, I was.... memories do not serve so well @ 55 :P major mods aside, wrong scale.... next

Ecureil d'aquitaine, winner of the first Vendee Globe in 1990

I would go for Titouan Lamazou boat open 60 designe by Bouvet Petit but if so the twin rudder is a later modification in 1990 he had only one rudder

Isn't that the open 70 built of aluminium the a barking mad Ruski was going to set a swag of records on a few years back? From my goldfish like memory it went tits up early in the piece.

Fuck that thing leaked!

Like all Tony Castro boats, it looked like it should have gone 5 knots faster than what it actually did.

The only russian VOR 7O i know of was KOSTANKA, but she was not build of aluminium. The had to retire after second leg or so because the russian finance guy pulle the plug.

.33208_1.jpg

Damn I actually knew one for once and get beaten to it, anyone know what that price is in € or $? Could be one hell of a quick cruiser

Fuck that thing leaked!

Like all Tony Castro boats, it looked like it should have gone 5 knots faster than what it actually did.

Was that a Castro design? I had no idea...

Yeah I remember Fazisi.

Fazisi was build out of some weird military grade of aluminium, we helped them outfitting but were barely able to dril a hole in that aluminium, funny.

The only russian VOR 7O i know of was KOSTANKA, but she was not build of aluminium. The had to retire after second leg or so because the russian finance guy pulle the plug.

.33208_1.jpg

Now available for charter. I believe she's the only VO70 anybody from the general public (with the cash) can go and sail.

http://www.projectracing.co.uk/

DSC08005.jpg

Damn I actually knew one for once and get beaten to it, anyone know what that price is in € or $? Could be one hell of a quick cruiser

99.000€ for the Open 60 if you'd like :P And I'm sure there's a margin for negotiation there.

that's what i think too.

the old fazisi, from the 198? whitbread race.

CORRE_CAMINO1.jpg

Specification CORRE CAMINO

Comment

Ideal for single handed races and offshore races.

History :

Winner of the 1989/90 VENDEE GLOBE, 1990 ROUTE DU RHUM and 2003 NEWPORT BERMUDA.

3rd in the 1996/97 VENDEE GLOBE

Construction

Year built / refit : 1989 Builder : Unknown Interior designer : BOUVET - PETIT Flag : Venezuela Location : Venezuela Price : 76 100 €

Main characteristics

Type : Racing Model : 60 Ft Open Length : 18.23 m Beam : 5.20 m Draft : 3.80 m Material : Carbon Engine : 29 cv BETA (350 heures) - Max Prop propeller

Isn't that the open 70 built of aluminium the a barking mad Ruski was going to set a swag of records on a few years back? From my goldfish like memory it went tits up early in the piece.

You mean 'Alye Parusa/Trading Network' open 85 built for a french client 10/12 years'ish ago at MAG. The former name escapes me.

Bought by a Russian consortium and sailed single handed by Fedor Konyukhov on a number of record attemps : RTW & Round Antartica

Alt_Trading20Network20Alye20Parusa_zps1ddf92d2.jpg

They are also accepting trades.. Too bad for me that the draft is huge..... The keel is different. it was replaced, probably after the designer told Bertrand De Broc to stop and retire from the race in the 93-94 vendee in New Zeland, because they checked the design and noticed that that keel might break any time soon....

post-44934-0-17088600-1360168180_thumb.jpg

.33208_1.jpg

looks like something darth vader would sail

how similar is one to Alessandro's boat in the current Vendee?

It is Ecureuil d'Aquitaine II, now residing in Venezuela as Capitaine Flint, and has apparently...

won the Vendee Globe round-the-world single-handed yacht race in '89/'90, '90 Route du Rhum, '03 Newport - Bermuda Race, and took a 3rd in the '97 Vendee Globe.

post-13992-0-24907500-1360187224_thumb.jpg

Alessandro's boat is the former Aquitaine Innovation on which Yves Parlier did a spectacular mast rebuild during the 1996 Vendee Globe (i think).

Nope. Aquitaine Innovation is also for sale! Alessandro's Team Plastique is the former Sodebo, built in 1998 with a swinging mast before the IMOCA rules changed. First skipper was Raphael Dinelli and then Thomas Coville who did the Vendee 2000 with her.

Used to be labelled "Hawaiian Explorer" when I saw her in Les Sables d'Ollones in 2000.

Fuck that thing leaked!

Was that a Castro design? I had no idea...

It wasn't a Castro design, designed by Vlad Murnikow

The shipyard for ecureuil was called capitaine flint, it was a small operation set up by Lamazou and a few others near Arcachon. I don't think they built too many boats afterwards.

bermuda one-two is on odd years. singlehanded down and then double handed back....iirc