• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

overdraft

Bow Signals

length to line should include the half bent finger. Maybe should add the "send it" symbol with motion lines as well. i mean there are of course others, but i dont think we need to complicate the deal here.

Liking your things so far. Mustang has a good point too with send it and "inches" with a half extended finger. See the bowman in the attached link for what I think the "inches" and "send it" signals should be:

PS: Put it on a tech shirt and I'll buy it.

length to line should include the half bent finger. Maybe should add the "send it" symbol with motion lines as well. i mean there are of course others, but i dont think we need to complicate the deal here.

I agree completely.

I mean, c'mon... look who we're dealing with back there...

And if the shirts come to fruition, I'll be in for a couple.

TT

Liking your things so far. Mustang has a good point too with send it and "inches" with a half extended finger. See the bowman in the attached link for what I think the "inches" and "send it" signals should be:

PS: Put it on a tech shirt and I'll buy it.

+1

Oh, shit, that's fine. Needs to be on a FU T-shirt. Let's do it.

Great idea, but the hands/gloves remind me of a Mikey Mouse cartoon....

Way too cute for those of us up on the bow, and way too polite for those folks back in fantasyland.

I think you need a lot more attitude if you want this for the next generation Foredeck Union shirt. We've got a reputation to uphold.

Remember foredeckgods@thebow.com and www.shutthefuckup back there.com ? Classic.

We don't ask for a beer with a Hallmark Valentines I Love You :wub: We tell them where they can stick cupid's heart.

It nees to be more like Gimmeabeeryoufuckers!

See the September 2012 Issue of Foredeck Monthly for additional inspiration

post-6412-0-87074100-1361376474_thumb.jpg

ya this one's pretty PG... it's for the boat I fordeck on and we're not that hardcore. i agree that an 'FU' version could be developed but at this point i just wanted to make something funny/useful and get some feedback to make sure i wasn't missing anything critical (so far 'inches' and 'go').

I've always liked the motion of whipping a horse for we're late; send it.

I've seen a bowman pull a batten prodder out of their pocket and use it as the whip for a skipper who was perennially a second row starter. Pretty amusing.

Mex

What? No! 1 finger means one boatlength. Don't change anything, it's perfect.

Rotating hand with one finger pointed

this guy gets it.

should make a sticker for us idiots in neverland... just sayin...

+! juste sayeng :)

+1 Snaggy. Rule #1 of the foredeck is to always assume the people behind you are trying to kill you.

you foredeck guys are idiots...need pictograms to fn figure things out... fuk us all...

its on the back of the shirt for reason... it aint for us.

you foredeck guys are idiots...need pictograms to fn figure things out... fuk us all...

You gotta love bowmen. Clueless, but lovable.

It's the chronic head injuries. Of course, now that all boats have sprits, bowman are likely to get smarter.

Extra Large Print Please..

whats your excuse?

whats your excuse?

LLO!! :)

whats your excuse?

Listen whipper-snapper, I was doing bow before your parents even knew each other existed. Only gave it up after three shoulder surgeries. I'm still known to wander up that way when things get out of control. So I can be clueless with the best of them!

Need to add the pre-crash signal with two hands covering the eyes. And a calendar so we can monitor the timing of the start.

We had a guest bow who bent his index finger and started making 'scratching' motions. I asked him after what that signified. If I remember correctly, a bent finger meant under a length, and scratching meant too close to call.

whats your excuse?

Listen whipper-snapper, I was doing bow before your parents even knew each other existed. Only gave it up after three shoulder surgeries. I'm still known to wander up that way when things get out of control. So I can be clueless with the best of them!

yeah but when i go forward i dont affect the fore-aft trim of the boat...

This whole project hinges on the presumption that those in the rear lounge can actually read, let alone interpret the graphics.

What's the universal signal for "Fuck it, you do it!"

From my 50+ years of experience I have found most bowmen can steer a boat quite well.

Helmsmen or trimmers on the bow? Now thats a whole 'nother train wreck.

that signal is the middle finger held overhead and rotated slowly. similar to the "send it" signal, except you use your middle finger and hold your arm overhead rather than out to the side.