Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

A Star Reborn

Didn't Ben Ainslie move on to big boats because the Star Class was being dropped and he wanted to move on from the Finn?

If this is true, it will be the scoop of the year because a month ago ISAF was told by the IOC there was no way the Star was getting back in.

Iain Percy said the same thing about another Olympic campaign, but not unless the Star was at Rio.

Sailing World: Will you do another Olympic campaign?

IP: I won't unless the Star is back in. I think at the moment my tired body would refuse to get back in a Finn so there’s not much chance of that. The Olympics are trying to make it for under-80-kilo (176 pounds) guys in every class so unfortunately that excludes me, even more so since I’ve been living in America!

Personally, I think its great - although I am a bit biased. :rolleyes:

Once again the ISAF looking like a bunch of dumbasses. As much as I doubt it happening, it would be good to see the Ainslie - Scheidt battle 16 years later.

ISAF is a complete joke.

At first they seem to be getting their act together with a selection process that brought back a multi -hull and included the kite sailing.

But they leave out keelboat racing, one of the major sailing boat disciplines in the world.

Then they chuck out kites in a dark smoke filled room that nobody understood.

Now they are being overruled on the keelboats issue.

The IOC should take the selection process completely away from ISAF. Really!

This has nothing to do with ISAF. The host country has the right to nominate one event, which they have to pay all the costs of with no money back from IOC revenues. Brazil has chosen Star Sailing and ISAF had no say in the matter. Even the IOC has little say in the matter. It is a straight medal grab by Brazil.

All going off half cocked again.

No-one else has reported the Star is in. Either Mr Clean has got an exclusive scoop - of was suckered.

Either way, if Rio has chosen the Star as their "special" event, then there is not a thing ISAF can do about it. Maybe not even the IOC can do anything.

Even Vince, for pete's sake (OK, maybe not peter siemsen). The talent is pretty deep. The only better chance at a gold medal for brazil is womens v-ball, which, by the way, is a lot more fun to watch.

This has nothing to do with ISAF. The host country has the right to nominate one event, which they have to pay all the costs of with no money back from IOC revenues. Brazil has chosen Star Sailing and ISAF had no say in the matter. Even the IOC has little say in the matter. It is a straight medal grab by Brazil.

That's the same information I got about 5 weeks ago, which was then confirmed by one of our South American readers who happens to be on some IOC committee or another. I was corrected by a couple of people today that 'the agreement with the IOC may be inked, but even if not, the main points have been agreed to and only some details have yet to be ironed out.'

This has nothing to do with ISAF. The host country has the right to nominate one event, which they have to pay all the costs of with no money back from IOC revenues. Brazil has chosen Star Sailing and ISAF had no say in the matter.

I had my hopes pinned on adding "Women's Bikini Grooming" as Brazil's nominated event.

I had already purchased tickets in the front row.

This has nothing to do with ISAF. The host country has the right to nominate one event, which they have to pay all the costs of with no money back from IOC revenues.

I'm pretty sure this is 45% bullshit/60% horseshit.

No such "right" exists. London for example was going to have the 28 sports from Bejing, no additions (but with some disciplines and events altered). The IOC dropped Baseball/Softball, lined up a load of sports to replace them and failed to agree. For Rio, they have decided on Golf and Rugby 7s. For 2020, Golf and Rugby are out, Wrestling is currently fighting for one three spaces with six other sports.

Demonstration Sports have been gone since 1992. Beijing came to a wierd agreement to have Wushu tournament alongside the Olympics but not using the 5 ring logo (they used all the beijing 2008 branding though and the athletes stayed in the olympic village). London had nothing.

Even if they were allowed to pick something, they'd almost certainly have to pick a Sport, or at the outside a discipline of a sport (eg Cycling has Road, Track, Mountain and BMX as seperate disciplines). it's highly unlikely that they'd be able to bring in an individual event.

The only way it is conceivable that this could happen involves either non-sequential banknotes or multiple transfers through off shore accounts. Now, the IOC does have a history of that sort of thing (hello Salt Lake City!) so it could happen.

But basically, procedurally I'm pretty sure that what you're spouting is as honest as a "100% Beef" label on a Findus Lasagne.

The host country has the right to nominate one event, which they have to pay all the costs

Can you point to a reference for that right Simon? I've tried to find one and failed.

Olympic Status Unchanged

By Bill Allen

Feb 22, 2013, 13:21

Email this article

Printer friendly page

Some of you may have seen the note in Sailing Anarchy suggesting that the Star was back in the Olympics for Rio 2016. Unfortunately, this is just a rumor. The article suggests that the host country can add an event of their choosing, which is not true.

The situation is the same as we have reported for the past year. The Olympic committee in Brazil may request an 11th medal for sailing. A final confirmation of all Olympic events will be made by IOC in late summer or early fall.

The spreading of rumors concerning Olympic status does not help our position. I will inform Star Class membership with any new developments. I keep in contact with all relevant parties and therefore have the most accurate and current information.

See you at Bacardi,

Bill Allen

President, ISCYRA

The situation is the same as we have reported for the past year. The Olympic committee in Brazil may request an 11th medal for sailing. A final confirmation of all Olympic events will be made by IOC in late summer or early fall.

'twould be grand if it happens.

Think what you want. We have heard the rumors for ages now from multiple sources, and I'm told that the plan was in place for even longer though still not approved by IOC. Now we are told that the IOC meeting is in early September, and that the pieces are all lined up, but that the final decision will be made then. Henderson has apparently been working on this since before London...

When we got confirmation that the important points had been ironed out between Brazil's OC and the IOC, we had to run with the story. It might not be 100% certain, but it's close.

Either way, it's not like it was a secret; the entire Star community has been talking about it for months.

Think what you want. .........

When we got confirmation that the important points had been ironed out between Brazil's OC and the IOC, we had to run with the story. It might not be 100% certain, but it's close.

i disagree with your assertion that your story was "close"......

by almost any journalistic standard your story was poorly researched, and full of innaccuracies....not to mention that you missed a whole lot of the real story...

have another drink clean....at least you delivered what we paid for......

The host country has the right to nominate one event, which they have to pay all the costs

Can you point to a reference for that right Simon? I've tried to find one and failed.

FWIW I have no memories of a single UK nominated event in London this summer. Would have thought that of the obvious candidates: cycling, rowing, sailing, equestrian, we would have heard about it. Obvious candidate would have been the 4K IP and give Wiggo another medal.

Who cares its only a star, its ugly, its complicated, its slow. It would have died long ago quietly in a corner if it wasn't for the olympics. As much as I love the finn it to is of the same ilk. Neither of these boats do anything for the sport of sailing. You dont aspire to become a star sailor or a finn sailor as a child, you want to sail a moth or race a vor70 or a x40 those are fun and exiting.

:)

Who cares its only a star, its ugly, its complicated, its slow. It would have died long ago quietly in a corner if it wasn't for the olympics. As much as I love the finn it to is of the same ilk. Neither of these boats do anything for the sport of sailing. You dont aspire to become a star sailor or a finn sailor as a child, you want to sail a moth or race a vor70 or a x40 those are fun and exiting.

you are from Vancouver.....go ask richard clarke if he aspired to be a finn sailor or a star sailor as a kid.......bet you will find that is exactly what he wanted.

I thought this site was called Sailing Anarchy? The Star may have been a great class before I was born, and I have no doubt that many people love to sail them (especially those who were wondering whether they should represent their country in sailing or hammer throwing), but they ARE the status quo, and in terms of generating interest in olympic sailing they blow!

There's no witty comeback needed here.....

There are plenty of kids around here that sail lasers and would love to sail a finn if they ever grow to the right size, and a number of other people who want a boat that really makes you work hard. The finn is old, and I've said before that it could probably be dropped from the olympics based on it not being anything like new generation boats, but what do you replace it with? Already there's no olympic class except the finn for guys 90kg+. Were you to cut out the finn and replace it with yet another boat that favours guys in the 80-90kg range you've cut off a large chunk of the sailing population (basically anyone who is 6'2"+ and is an athletic build).

The Finn isn't going anywhere. It dominated The Olympic sailing rating. The finn is also one of the most attended boats at OCRs.

How many of the people here talking badly of the Star class have ever sailed one? I sailed them for 25 years and they are wonderful boats, and it's a fantastic class. I can sort of see why the Olympics want to cut ties with the class since it is a 100 year old design and not quite cutting edge, but it IS the Star, and the history and prestige of it's winners list is unmatched by any other class out there.

RD

My point was that unless the classes or the format of the racing in the olympics become more exiting sailing will go the way of wrestling, it will hang on longer because there is more money to backhand the IOC but i think in its current state within the next 20 years sailing will probably be down to about 5 or 6 events. I think the match racing was a really good idea although it didn't really shine.

Think what you want. .........

i disagree with your assertion that your story was "close"......

by almost any journalistic standard your story was poorly researched, and full of innaccuracies....not to mention that you missed a whole lot of the real story...

have another drink clean....at least you delivered what we paid for......

ha! Now all we need is Moondance and Antony and we got the same ol' party.

Finally got some hard confirmation that this deal is inked. The Star will be the 11th sailing event in Rio.

http://sailinganarch...sh-upon-a-star/

Can you also confirm that Brad Pitt and Angeline Jolie are ; expecting triplets/getting divorced/actually from outer space?

We want nothing less than "hard confirmation"!

ISAF = International Sailing Anarch Forum?

How many of the people here talking badly of the Star class have ever sailed one? I sailed them for 25 years and they are wonderful boats, and it's a fantastic class. I can sort of see why the Olympics want to cut ties with the class since it is a 100 year old design and not quite cutting edge, but it IS the Star, and the history and prestige of it's winners list is unmatched by any other class out there.

RD

I absolutely LOVE the STAR and hope it gets into RIO. I also hope that the Star class president makes Sailing Anarchy the first place they make the announcement as it is BY FAR the largest website for the sport of sailing in the world.

:)/>

Have you sailed a Star?

RD

I absolutely LOVE the STAR and hope it gets into RIO. I also hope that the Star class president makes Sailing Anarchy the first place they make the announcement as it is BY FAR the largest website for the sport of sailing in the world.

Agree with your enthusiam for the Star. Old design but a demanding boat that rewards excellence.

Disagree with the Star Class President announcing anything on SA. Why reward sloppy half assed reporting topped off with a defense of that behavior rather than an sincere apology? It's too bad SA thinks the sailing world needs it. Would be great if it were true and classes embraced these forums but it seems that unless coinage is shimmering in the eyes of the SA content creators, second or third rate coverage and no class support is the norm. Sadly there is no alternative.....yet.

It was confirmed to Farevelanet (Italy's main sailing website) by sources of high-level sport in Brazil, that the two main sponsors of Rio 2016 Petrobras and Banco do Brasil, together with the organizing committee, would be lobbying very strongly CIO, even at the cost of bypassing ISAF

we probably have the same sources

i expect to see something in a major periodical shortly

Clean.. I don't know if you're right or wrong, but what I do know is that you didn't consider or might not have known about how sensitive the "O" is to press that they don't control. I did a project for them back in '08 and their rules on press, PR and marketing are very strict. Leaks and breaking stories do not amuse them.

Cheers,

Rob

RD

Agree with your enthusiam for the Star. Old design but a demanding boat that rewards excellence.

Disagree with the Star Class President announcing anything on SA. Why reward sloppy half assed reporting topped off with a defense of that behavior rather than an sincere apology? It's too bad SA thinks the sailing world needs it. Would be great if it were true and classes embraced these forums but it seems that unless coinage is shimmering in the eyes of the SA content creators, second or third rate coverage and no class support is the norm. Sadly there is no alternative.....yet.

I don't expect them to release it here first but it is probably smart to include SA in the early briefing since it is the most widely viewed site for Sailing....Just sayin'.

Clean.. I don't know if you're right or wrong, but what I do know is that you didn't consider or might not have known about how sensitive the "O" is to press that they don't control. I did a project for them back in '08 and their rules on press, PR and marketing are very strict. Leaks and breaking stories do not amuse them.

Cheers,

Rob

Problem isn't Clean. Problem is whoever in Brazil couldn't keep their mouth shut. And yes, I know how the IOC likes to control the universe, which is why it is sort of hard to take them seriously.

The Finn isn't going anywhere. It dominated The Olympic sailing rating. The finn is also one of the most attended boats at OCRs.

It's popularity at the recent games had a lot to do with the Ben Ainslie craze in the UK. I know I was at a UK club bar for that medal race, it was packed and standing room only and quiet enough to hear a pin drop. I could only imagine how many people watched that race. Being single-handed and long-lived means that hulls stick around and are surprisingly affordable and easy to find instead of trying to ship your around, that ease of travel tends to increase event numbers.

RD

I have sailed a star (though only for a year or so), and it is a brilliant boat, definitely rewards hard work. But it is a 100-year-old design, the games are about physical prowess and (these days) being exciting enough to attract an audience. Unfortunately the star only really qualifies on the first, there are many classes that are more interesting to watch (mainly because high-performance usually leads to big crashes and that's what sells instant one-time audiences)...

high-performance usually leads to big crashes and that's what sells instant one-time audiences...

Sorry, Reht, but the facts are in, and hard to dispute.

Official IOC ratings figures are below;

Athletics was broadcast for 206 hours, got 65 mill spectators each minute

Swimming was broadcast for 120 hours, got 58.8 mill spectators each minute.

Artistic gymnastics 106 hrs / 53.3 miull

Diving 31 / 43.5

Trampolining 11 / 41.6

Table tennis 41 / 40.8

Rowing 24 / 40.8

Volleyball 103 / 38.5

Track cycling 37/32.8

Sprint (flat water) kayak/canoe – 24 / 32.4

Rhythmic gymnastics 49/ 30.4

Shooting 12 /28

Sync Swimming 17 / 25.7

Sailing – 11 / 24.5

Road cycling 121 / 23.8

Slalom (whitewater) canoe – 22 / 22.3

Beach volleyball 59 / 23.6

BMX 44 / 23.2

Triathlon 68 /. 19.4

Water polo 24 / 17.4

MTB 45 / 16.4

Try looking at that list and finding evidence that crashes create more viewers. Rowing rates high, and when was the last major Olympic crash or planing burst in rowing? Flatwater kayaking/canoeing outrates white water kayaking, which gets more crashes AFAIK.

Track cycling outrates BMX cycling and MTB. Being mainly a TTer I've done very little track , but if crashes attracted viewers I'm fairly sure most coach potatoes would be searching for BMX and MTB footage than track.

It would be interesting to check the top speeds of the water-racing sports. A quick look at the comparative figures for swimming, rowing, flat water kayaking, sailing and whitewater kayaking seems to show that the slower and less likely to crash, the higher the ratings.

Speed and crashes don't seem to really rate. It's a bit like the fact that everyone seems to assume that volleyballers in bikinis rate higher, but in fact "normal" volleyball gets about double the viewers than beach volleyball.

The really interesting thing about sports and TV ratings would be working out why the "crashes sell" line is so popular when there appears to be little evidence for it, and a lot of evidence against it.

[

The really interesting thing about sports and TV ratings would be working out why the "crashes sell" line is so popular when there appears to be little evidence for it, and a lot of evidence against it.

Maybe something to do with the IQ of the viewer?

FWIW I have no memories of a single UK nominated event in London this summer. Would have thought that of the obvious candidates: cycling, rowing, sailing, equestrian, we would have heard about it. Obvious candidate would have been the 4K IP and give Wiggo another medal.

Maybe not an olympic sport , but sucking wiggo's cock certainly became a national pastime in London.

high-performance usually leads to big crashes and that's what sells instant one-time audiences...

And there's a big difference between what gets views for the Olympic 2 weeks every 4 years and what generally attracts attention all year 'round. You'll also notice that the sports that are publicized and hyped get the highest ratings. The number you gave are 2 distinct numbers, the first (hours broadcast) counts for little as that is whatever the carriers choose to broadcast (I presume).

The viewer numbers are what's more interesting as that's an average number of viewers/minute for the sport. The sports that are billed as the big ticket (athletics and things in the pool) came out way on top of anything else, and then in the mix are the sports that are popular either world-wide or have an extreme aspect (table tennis and volleyball in the first category, diving and trampoline in the second). In the mix are sports that were popular with the host nation (they tend to contribute a lot to numbers) and this time around was rowing and cycling (though I guess the long-distance road race bored some people away). Sailing is way down the list, is it because nobody cares? Or it's not interesting to watch (from a layperson's perspective)? The question is what could make sailing more appealing to an audience, not an audience of sailors as it already gets that, but an audience of one-time watchers (what will keep people watching sailing when the see it flip on the television).

Where do your numbers come from (I know you said IOC)? Having been in the UK I could have watched 3-4+ hours of sailing per day for the better part of the 2 weeks on TV, that doesn't line up with the "11 hours broadcast". Were the numbers just off the primary channel? Or a single online feed? Did they take into account the people watching though online feeds and many TV channels being run (which were available for virtually every sport all day, live)?

If sailing wants to be assured of its spot in the games for cycles to come, it needs to be sure it attracts general interest. One way of making it more interesting is to get high-speed boats in there where every mark rounding could be a spectacular trip down the mine and the crossings at 15+knts are within inches of each other. Do you have another?

screwy numbers.

Cheers,

Rob

I considered it, but I don't think I could possibly care any less what the IOC thinks.

So SA mis-reported again. What a surprise. Oh wait, it's SA. Nothing to look at people, move along.

Ex-owner of 6541. Loved racing Stars for those three years or so. Might even consider another. Most definitely worthy of Olympics, given that yacht racing really does not lend itself to media, why would anyone really care, other than for the basis of politicking?

......media .....politicking....

IOC in a nutshell.

I can't say that Clean or SA has done anything wrong, they reported on some inside dope obtained from an un-named source, happens all the time in the media. Readers can take it or leave it. The IOC may get their Stalinist panties in a bunch, too bad.

screwy numbers.

Cheers,

Rob

I considered it, but I don't think I could possibly care any less what the IOC thinks.

I recall similar bravado when clean dismissed the fat man from marblehead....

clean, put the drink down, and ponder this quote....

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

- Albert Einstein

I don't get why the 470 is in the Olympics. I just looked at Sail for Gold UK regatta website, and you can't even enter the 470. At the MOCR, the numbers were really low. Seems like that would be the boat to get rid of. Replace it with a 505 or a new sportsboat...

Hope your source turns out good Clean- it'll be a damn shame not to see the Star in Rio.

Thanks for having the balls to post something and get people talking again.

Jimbo

It turns out that the Star is a regular boat. Even without the Olympics it would still thrive on it's own merits. The Olympics provide a source of newer boats on the market to feed the food chain but otherwise, most Star sailors take notice but would sail the boats anyway. They are great boats - physical to a degree, tactical, pretty and nice sailing (it their own Star way). Nothing else like them.

And there's a big difference between what gets views for the Olympic 2 weeks every 4 years and what generally attracts attention all year 'round

Perhaps, but that's irrelevant in this context where we are talking about what gets views for the Olympics, not what gets views every week.

You'll also notice that the sports that are publicized and hyped get the highest ratings.

For one, surely that's just wrong. Artistic gymnastics, diving, trampolining, table tennis, volleyball and rowing are all in the top 10 - are you saying that trampolining and diving generally get more publicity and hype than road cycling (which has, of course, arguably the world's #1 annual sporting event as a showcase)???

Are you saying that track cycling normally gets more publicity than road cycling, which it outrates at the Games? Come on, that is completely wrong, as any trip to a newsstand shows.

And while SOME top rating sports do get lots of publicity and hype, that just leads to the question - why those sports? Why do non-crash and burn sports like swimming get the hype that crash and burn sports like BMX don't?

The number you gave are 2 distinct numbers, the first (hours broadcast) counts for little as that is whatever the carriers choose to broadcast (I presume).

No, the first answer counts for a lot as it partly shows what those in charge of broadcasting think will grab the viewers that pay for their enormous rights fees.

It also counts for a shitload because those are the two figures that the IOC Programme Commission - the people who recommend what sports are in and out - uses.

Surely the figures used by the people who make the call are reasonable ones to use when we are discussing how to stop them chucking sailing?

The viewer numbers are what's more interesting as that's an average number of viewers/minute for the sport. The sports that are billed as the big ticket (athletics and things in the pool) came out way on top of anything else, and then in the mix are the sports that are popular either world-wide or have an extreme aspect (table tennis and volleyball in the first category, diving and trampoline in the second).

Trampolining is "extreme"? Huh?

Allegedly the most extreme sport (in terms of danger to life) is the cross-country section of the equestrian events (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/263332.stm, http://eventing.zzn.com/?coname=eventing, and http://olympics.time.com/2012/07/28/equestrian-eventing-the-olympics-most-dangerous-sport/ ) yet according by viewers per hour (which YOU claim to be the best evidence) it rates lower than all but four of the sports in my list. See

http://www.olympic.o...OLYMPIAD_EN.pdf

So once again, what could be called the most "extreme" sport does NOT attract high ratings, while very "un extreme" sports like swimming attract very high ratings.

Make the same analysis within sports and we see the same thing - road cycling, which is less extreme than MTB and BMX by most counts, rates much higher. Flat water kayaking, which would be called less extreme than whitewater, rates much higher. Running out-rates pole vault.

In the mix are sports that were popular with the host nation (they tend to contribute a lot to numbers) and this time around was rowing and cycling (though I guess the long-distance road race bored some people away).

If you are claiming that certain sports rate high because of the particular characteristics of a particular Games, please provide some evidence.

Sailing is way down the list, is it because nobody cares? Or it's not interesting to watch (from a layperson's perspective)? The question is what could make sailing more appealing to an audience, not an audience of sailors as it already gets that, but an audience of one-time watchers (what will keep people watching sailing when the see it flip on the television).

Sure, but the answer we can get from looking at the top rating sports is that crash and burn will NOT make sailing more appealing to non-sailors, because the top-rating Olympic sports are NOT crash and burn.

Where do your numbers come from (I know you said IOC See above Having been in the UK I could have watched 3-4+ hours of sailing per day for the better part of the 2 weeks on TV, that doesn't line up with the "11 hours broadcast". Were the numbers just off the primary channel? Or a single online feed? Did they take into account the people watching though online feeds and many TV channels being run (which were available for virtually every sport all day, live)

I did that list on 2008 numbers; 2012 still seem to be unavailable as the OPC report is not up. Yes, 2012 numbers may have been higher but what does that show about 'crash and burn' classes increasing ratings?

If sailing wants to be assured of its spot in the games for cycles to come, it needs to be sure it attracts general interest. One way of making it more interesting is to get high-speed boats in there where every mark rounding could be a spectacular trip down the mine and the crossings at 15+knts are within inches of each other. Do you have another?

Well, we could stop assuming that crash and burn racing increases ratings....For example, figures I have checked show no significant increase in ratings for sailing when more "extreme" classes came into the Games.

We could also look at the fact that the OPC reports on which sports to dump do NOT concentrate on ratings. There are 33 criteria that the OPC uses, and TV ratings are just a minor part of that.

Among the other criteria used by the OPC are universality, history, athlete welfare, etc. Last time I checked the story was that sailing seems to suffer more on the issues of poor spread of medals and poor take up in places like Africa than it does on ratings.

Concentrating on spreading the grass roots of the sport would therefore solve many of sailing's Olympic problems, AFAIK, and from looking at the classes new countries sail and talking to some of their Olympians indicates that you do that with simple slow boats and not with high performance ones.

BTW wrestling rated higher than 10 of the 21 sports I listed, and it's said to have been dumped from the permanent sports....ratings obviously aren't everything or shooting, triathlon, etc would have been dumped instead.

Great news. The Star should live forever.

News flash:

http://sobreasaguas.blog.uol.com.br/arch2013-02-24_2013-03-02.html#2013_03-01_11_54_28-165753517-0

Here is the google translation:

The International Olympic Committee is in possession of an official request for the Star class back to the Olympics in Rio 2016 yet. Brazilian sources revealed that the Isaf finally decided to fold the insistence Brazilian and entered the campaign for the return of class.There is no official confirmation about the order.

This request is an old dream of COB and Brazilian sailors, but until now had neither the support of ISAF itself, the International Federation of sailing. Now, with the support of the host country and the international federation, the class of the star gets new hope to shine in Olympic Brazilian waters.

The Star has six Olympic medals to Brazil (four to two with Scheidt and Torben) and the Brazilian Olympic Committee is former supporter of the campaign-Star, as this would greatly increase the chances of another medal in Rio Brazilian, possibly a gold. ISAF, in contrast, refused to support the cause of the class, since it was she herself who took the Star of the Olympic program. How are decisions by vote, it is common for a large number of countries with no tradition in Vela vote against very traditional classes, in which they would not have a chance the next four years.

The decision now is politics. If rolling, doubt will be if Robert Scheidt, who now reigns in the Laser, will want to return to Star having lost a termporada training. I bet yes

ISAF = International Sailing Anarch Forum?

And it's out - no Star for 2016: http://www.sailing.org/news/34667.php

"Finally got some hard confirmation that this deal is inked. The Star will be the 11th sailing event in Rio.

That's the same information I got about 5 weeks ago, which was then confirmed by one of our South American readers who happens to be on some IOC committee or another. I was corrected by a couple of people today that 'the agreement with the IOC may be inked, but even if not, the main points have been agreed to and only some details have yet to be ironed out.'"

-Mr Clean

Nevermind. OK Clean time to makeup, report, create another story. Put all inside sources to work to get another scoop!

Is one of details to be ironed out that your story is not factual?

Star never should have been an olympic class to begin with. Etchells is a much better option....

Star never should have been an olympic class to begin with. Etchells is a much better option....

didn't the etchells lose out to the soling when it had its chance at the Olympics?

didn't the etchells lose out to the soling when it had its chance at the Olympics?

Yes, but it was all political BS. Stars don't even fly kites FFS...

Kites are for pussies.

NOT! going downwind with only a tiny jib is for pussies....

Think what you want. We have heard the rumors for ages now from multiple sources, and I'm told that the plan was in place for even longer though still not approved by IOC. Now we are told that the IOC meeting is in early September, and that the pieces are all lined up, but that the final decision will be made then. Henderson has apparently been working on this since before London...

Either way, it's not like it was a secret; the entire Star community has been talking about it for months.

That would be neat, except for all the other bullshit you've published without facts. There's a reason none of us believe you.

I'll wait to hear about it from someone with credibility.

That would be neat, except for all the other bullshit you've published without facts. There's a reason none of us believe you.

Now the SA defense to DM's suit is clear -- DM was not defamed because no one believes anything written by the SA staff.

The defendants should be able to point to at least a dozen big whoppers they've told on the FP in the last five years that have been thoroughly and immediately debunked in the forums.

Its the one element of the SA brand that all of us can trust -- the promise they keep as it were - "the SA FP - where only BS goes"

Now the SA defense to DM's suit is clear -- DM was not defamed because no one believes anything written by the SA staff.

The defendants should be able to point to at least a dozen big whoppers they've told on the FP in the last five years that have been thoroughly and immediately debunked in the forums.

Its the one element of the SA brand that all of us can trust -- the promise they keep as it were - "the SA FP - where only BS goes"

I actually heard from the skipper of Promises's Kept that Alan was in to dudes. It's nearly 100%, just waiting on confirmation.

Hey Sweet Tits, we all know you're full of shit. Nobody believes you. Lets start with baby steps. Where's the Promise Kept paperwork? Remember that big ol' fraud claim of yours? Sort that one out or you're a fucking hack!

I actually heard from the skipper of Promises's Kept that Alan was in to dudes. It's nearly 100%, just waiting on confirmation.

sometime pictures can tell a story.....

scot-tempesta.jpgcleanundercover-XL.jpgsparkle-pony-fat2.jpg

scot-tempesta.jpg

sometime pictures can tell a story.....

scot-tempesta.jpg cleanundercover-XL.jpg sparkle-pony-fat2.jpg

scot-tempesta.jpg

Well played sir!!!!

Funny_men_Ugly-People-Photo-150x150.jpg