Sailbydate

Coolboats to admire

Recommended Posts

On 6/5/2019 at 4:01 PM, SloopJonB said:

In mathematics, the Kronecker delta (named after Leopold Kronecker) is a function of two variables, usually just non-negative integers. The function is 1 if the variables are equal, and 0 otherwise:

 
 
δ i j = { 0 if  i ≠ j , 1 if  i = j . {\displaystyle \delta _{ij}={\begin{cases}0&{\text{if }}i\neq j,\\1&{\text{if }}i=j.\end{cases}}} \delta _{{ij}}={\begin{cases}0&{\text{if }}i\neq j,\\1&{\text{if }}i=j.\end{cases}}

where the Kronecker delta δij is a piecewise function of variables i and j. For example, δ1 2 = 0, whereas δ3 3 = 1.

The Kronecker delta appears naturally in many areas of mathematics, physics and engineering, as a means of compactly expressing its definition above.

In linear algebra, the n × n identity matrix I has entries equal to the Kronecker delta:

I i j = δ i j {\displaystyle I_{ij}=\delta _{ij}} {\displaystyle I_{ij}=\delta _{ij}}

where i and j take the values 1, 2, ..., n, and the inner product of vectors can be written as

a ⋅ b = ∑ i , j = 1 n a i δ i j b j . {\displaystyle \mathbf {a} \cdot \mathbf {b} =\sum _{i,j=1}^{n}a_{i}\delta _{ij}b_{j}.} {\displaystyle \mathbf {a} \cdot \mathbf {b} =\sum _{i,j=1}^{n}a_{i}\delta _{ij}b_{j}.}

The restriction to positive integers is common, but there is no reason it cannot have negative integers as well as positive, or any discrete rational numbers. If i and j above take rational values, then for example

δ ( − 1 ) ( − 3 ) = 0 δ ( − 2 ) ( − 2 ) = 1 δ ( 1 2 ) ( − 3 2 ) = 0 δ ( 5 3 ) ( 5 3 ) = 1. {\displaystyle {\begin{aligned}\delta _{(-1)(-3)}&=0&\qquad \delta _{(-2)(-2)}&=1\\\delta _{\left({\frac {1}{2}}\right)\left(-{\frac {3}{2}}\right)}&=0&\qquad \delta _{\left({\frac {5}{3}}\right)\left({\frac {5}{3}}\right)}&=1.\end{aligned}}} {\displaystyle {\begin{aligned}\delta _{(-1)(-3)}&=0&\qquad \delta _{(-2)(-2)}&=1\\\delta _{\left({\frac {1}{2}}\right)\left(-{\frac {3}{2}}\right)}&=0&\qquad \delta _{\left({\frac {5}{3}}\right)\left({\frac {5}{3}}\right)}&=1.\end{aligned}}}
 
 
 
 
I knew that.
 

At last, some commonsense on this topic! 

Brilliant riff, guys, brilliant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kris Cringle said:

LYNNETTE, Eggemoggin 47

 

This is pretty much my dream boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mr. Ed said:

At last, some commonsense on this topic! 

Brilliant riff, guys, brilliant. 

Am I the only one seeing mangled formulae and raw LaTeX?

It's not fair, I am a sucker for this kind of stuff. My daughter sometimes say, we've lost Dad on planet Math!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Panoramix said:

Am I the only one seeing mangled formulae and raw LaTeX?

No you're not. We're all math PhDs. Can't you tell? Would you like some chemistry jokes?

:D

10 hours ago, Kris Cringle said:

LYNNETTE, Eggemoggin 47 

Kris, do you have a shot of the companionway?

:D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ Tres sexy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple proper companionways: 

 

The 26' Nielsen/Luke is dead center. It would be hard on your eyes to offset the companionway on a double ender, don't you think? Symmetry. 

LUCY.thumb.jpg.853b5b73e5b32a9f7805d7475a6929ba.jpg

A good old Hinckley. Nearly always the oldest - yet newest looking, fiberglass boat in the harbor. 

EILLEEN.thumb.jpg.57c8b91115942f5470694f93c4530c3a.jpg 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kris Cringle said:

A good old Hinckley. Nearly always the oldest - yet newest best looking, fiberglass boat in the harbor. 

EILLEEN.thumb.jpg.57c8b91115942f5470694f93c4530c3a.jpg 

 

FIFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[âIMG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kris Cringle said:

The 26' Nielsen/Luke is dead center. It would be hard on your eyes to offset the companionway on a double ender, don't you think? Symmetry. 

There is a probably a minimum length, below which an off-set companionway just doesn't work visually. 33 to 35 feet perhaps? (Of course the minimum from a safety standpoint is about 500 feet.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a view of a Mariner 32. Is that a little overly off set to your eye? It is to mine. But then you've got the mizzen to contend with. I suppose you could have two companionways: one for port tack, one for starboard.

offset.jpg.db95c624be65dd11161a996ab38d84d9.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 7:15 PM, Importunate Tom said:

61183163_2232209083566631_47237068701103

That's a really Admirable gaff boom, at least while in use. The matching curve on the mizzen is cool too. And the way the rudder wraps around the transom.

If someone asked me to take that main sail down I think they'd just get a blank look.

Beautiful. reminds me of a Nigel Irens design.... Image result for nigel irens romilly

Image result for nigel irens romilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 10:10 PM, valcour said:

Pretty boat. What is it?

Looks a bit like Nigel Irens’ Romilly

Ah, you beat me to it. Agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies for the multiple posts, I was too lazy to scroll through properly. I love the way the last photo illustrates the mainsail shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kris Cringle said:

Good point. At 30', they (companionways) begin to wander: Pearson Wanderer: 

2108298173_Pearsonsteppingclose.thumb.jpg.42b40e2b842bab0570e02b20b17cafa4.jpg

Kris, what's going on with the lines leading away from the wood pilings, and what the things that look like pipes? Was this photo taken in Canada (aka The Land without Cleats)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bull City said:

Kris, what's going on with the lines leading away from the wood pilings, and what the things that look like pipes? Was this photo taken in Canada (aka The Land without Cleats)?

 

Those lines hold dinghys off our public docks. Old window sash weights the dinghy lines to the wharf. As the tide rises and falls 10+', the weights keep the dinghys just off the docks. This is high tide: 1769783374_Pearsonstepping.thumb.jpg.269e462d671f5f303abfb5fa31cfb6ac.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chester said:

window sash weights ...are you kidding me? :D

They will also keep a Swan 70 off the dock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kris Cringle said:

 

Those lines hold dinghys off our public docks. Old window sash weights the dinghy lines to the wharf. As the tide rises and falls 10+', the weights keep the dinghys just off the docks. This is high tide: 1769783374_Pearsonstepping.thumb.jpg.269e462d671f5f303abfb5fa31cfb6ac.jpg

So each line goes from the stern of the dinghy, around the piling, and has a weight on the other end? At high tide, the line is fully extended, and as the tide drops, the weight drops?

I see some bull rails on the dinghy dock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost. As the tide drops - the docks and boats go down - the weights go up. Same docks at low water, here.

 

The weights (out of the frame) are nearly to the pulleys attached to the top of the wharf. 

272576900_MAsdinghys2.jpg.3bd592cd033df66f47cc2ac24dc56100.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Kris Cringle said:

Almost. As the tide drops - the docks and boats go down - the weights go up. Same docks at low water, here.

 

The weights (out of the frame) are nearly to the pulleys attached to the top of the wharf. 

272576900_MAsdinghys2.jpg.3bd592cd033df66f47cc2ac24dc56100.jpg

It's very pleasant to see some traditional small boats among the RIBs.

FB- Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ingenious. Thanks, Kris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a tidal version of a Med moor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's not a sailboat, but I think it's very cool nonetheless.

Saw Aphrodite at the fuel dock when we were delivering Gemini from winter storage to Pilot's Point in Westbrook CT for the summer. Wow. This would be a fine way to commute to and from work as per her original design brief - sitting in the front cockpit sipping coffee and reading your newspaper while traveling in style! I further admire the (probably recent addition) tender which appears custom-made exactly for that location.

 

Aphrodite has some history. Here are just a few articles:

https://www.theday.com/article/20170722/NWS01/170729789

http://brooklinboatyard.com/aphrodite/

https://stephenswaring.com/yachts/aphrodite/

https://usharbors.com/2012/07/aboard-the-classic-1937-commuter-yacht-aphrodite/

 

I present: Aphrodite (apologies for the iPhone photos; didn't have a "real" camera with me that day)

IMG_2240-X3.jpg

IMG_2238-X3.jpg

IMG_2241-X3.jpg

IMG_2242-X3.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We see Aphrodite often in Fishers Island Sound. I love watching the boat move - leaves almost no wake as she zips by at  20+ kts.Image result for aphrodite boat watch hill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RedRyder said:

I know it's not a sailboat, but I think it's very cool nonetheless.

Saw Aphrodite at the fuel dock when we were delivering Gemini from winter storage to Pilot's Point in Westbrook CT for the summer. Wow. This would be a fine way to commute to and from work as per her original design brief - sitting in the front cockpit sipping coffee and reading your newspaper while traveling in style! I further admire the (probably recent addition) tender which appears custom-made exactly for that location.

 

Aphrodite has some history. Here are just a few articles:

https://www.theday.com/article/20170722/NWS01/170729789

http://brooklinboatyard.com/aphrodite/

https://stephenswaring.com/yachts/aphrodite/

https://usharbors.com/2012/07/aboard-the-classic-1937-commuter-yacht-aphrodite/

 

I present: Aphrodite (apologies for the iPhone photos; didn't have a "real" camera with me that day)

IMG_2240-X3.jpg

IMG_2238-X3.jpg

Nice rump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kris Cringle said:

Putting away a Rhodes Astro. You can tell by the sailing garb this is Maine. 

614020503_VIXEN20192.thumb.jpg.9ae1f601fc48a0cb9af5169642e5ccbe.jpg

Jean jacket, fleece and plaid?  Could be saskatchewan!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 8:56 AM, RedRyder said:

I know it's not a sailboat, but I think it's very cool nonetheless.

Saw Aphrodite at the fuel dock when we were delivering Gemini from winter storage to Pilot's Point in Westbrook CT for the summer. Wow. This would be a fine way to commute to and from work as per her original design brief - sitting in the front cockpit sipping coffee and reading your newspaper while traveling in style! I further admire the (probably recent addition) tender which appears custom-made exactly for that location.

 

Aphrodite has some history. Here are just a few articles:

https://www.theday.com/article/20170722/NWS01/170729789

http://brooklinboatyard.com/aphrodite/

https://stephenswaring.com/yachts/aphrodite/

https://usharbors.com/2012/07/aboard-the-classic-1937-commuter-yacht-aphrodite/

 

I present: Aphrodite (apologies for the iPhone photos; didn't have a "real" camera with me that day)

IMG_2240-X3.jpg

IMG_2238-X3.jpg

IMG_2241-X3.jpg

IMG_2242-X3.jpg

I just give a big sigh every time I see her in Watch Hill...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CyberBOB said:

Almost enough to make a guy turn to the dark side.  Almost.

Yeah, nope. Between the polishing of the metal, the cleaning of the glass, the varnishing of the wood, and the filling of the tanks, it's completely out of my league.

I won't even pay a guy to mow my lawn...This would not only require 10-100X my net worth and income but a complete personality transplant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Aphrodite and Thunderbird and the like are commuter boats and picnic launches for the ultra rich. And the years have not made any thing cheaper. Especially fuel for the pair of vintage Allison V-12’s.

 

I’m just glad that their are people that keep classics going, not just these but unreachable classic sailboats such as the J-Class yachts as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CyberBOB said:

I’m just glad that their are people that keep classics going, not just these but unreachable classic sailboats such as the J-Class yachts as well.

I'm right there with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, IStream said:

Yeah, nope. Between the polishing of the metal, the cleaning of the glass, the varnishing of the wood, and the filling of the tanks, it's completely out of my league.

I won't even pay a guy to mow my lawn...This would not only require 10-100X my net worth and income but a complete personality transplant.

Thunderbird required owning a casino IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I chanced across the Pegiva brand while working for a boating rag about a decade ago. There are similar designs, however this seemed particularly well made. I've always owned sailboats, but this kinda grabbed me. Has a double berth up front.

Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 3:03 AM, rendon said:

The Aphrodite boat looks awesome!

Since Aphrodite is an ancient Greek goddess associated with love, beauty, pleasure, passion and procreation, I was going to say voluptuous.

image.png.9e71aae8356ddfff15298377023b5b94.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A torpedo stern launch. O.M.P was built in 1984 in the Moosebec region of Maine on the lines of workboats built at the turn of 1900. Fast boats then, they were favored by rum runners as well. 

1815039030_TorpedosternlaunchOMP.thumb.jpg.9767e17ee43634a27768c0a3fc42e7bf.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 8:08 AM, Cwinsor said:

somehow reminds me of this:

 

:Woman sleeping in bed on her side with her head on pillow

 

On my iPhone that looks like a Wyeth.  (?)

Gunters- best of all worlds- shape control baby!  Now if I could just figure out how to put one on Amati....with 22 degree swept spreaders.  Really short lower mast?  Lots of light air sail, and automatic gust response while reefed....

(Off in the distance, I hear the soft sound of heads exploding? ;))

(Or is it an echo?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 6:57 AM, Kris Cringle said:

A good old Hinckley. Nearly always the oldest - yet newest looking, fiberglass boat in the harbor. 

EILLEEN.thumb.jpg.57c8b91115942f5470694f93c4530c3a.jpg

Kind of newfangled looking with the name/hail treatment. Hinckley stopped using real gold leaf on the powerboats.

I kept my transom traditional looking.

j6NMBHZ.jpg

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20140710_190654.jpg

Best Frankenboat there ever was and will be.

Spaekhugger hull. Beautiful top added. Rudder hung.

Allegedly Peter Bruun's own boat. Wouldn't surprise me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matagi said:

20140710_190654.jpg

Best Frankenboat there ever was and will be.

Spaekhugger hull. Beautiful top added. Rudder hung.

Allegedly Peter Bruun's own boat. Wouldn't surprise me.

On the opposite side of my pier, there's a Spækhugger quite similar to that. I'll try to grab a picture of it later today.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks kind of bulbous to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Matagi said:

20140710_190654.jpg

Best Frankenboat there ever was and will be.

Spaekhugger hull. Beautiful top added. Rudder hung.

Allegedly Peter Bruun's own boat. Wouldn't surprise me.

Not my cup of tea but certainly a coolboat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Wooden" boats are tricky. With fresh paint and varnish, they often are the newest looking boats in the harbor. The HAWK looked like a new build at the docks, but also looks dated somehow. 

1468246903_TheHAWK1.thumb.jpg.70cbdfb1f080b0d4b3fda749bb737788.jpg

Sure enough, HAWK isn't new at all. She has local roots. Conveived by Henry Sheel of Rockport Maine in the late 60's, HAWK was drawn by Bill Tripp to compete in the "One Ton" international series of the day.

2073649196_TheHAWKsternclose.thumb.jpg.dc34acd910b964d0d11ab03cb2077dce.jpg

She had her heyday in the One Ton then was modified to compete in the new IOR rule, which she did all over the world with crew lists that reads like yacht racing history. 

35 trophies and countless awards later, she ended up back in Maine, tired no doubt.

 

An optimistic owner planned to restore her but that was not to be. So she was offered up for free to anyone who could prove a serious intent to restore the boat. 

 

Obviously that person was found and HAWK was just recently restored at the Brooklin Boatyard on the Eggemoggin Reach. 

790005553_TheHAWK2.thumb.jpg.cf6193f1ceca57492ec9f0510fe5a6be.jpg

She'll probably race in a more leisurely manner today in the popular classic boat races around the area.

 

The owner better be a top sailor, she's likely to have a challenging rating. 

 

The HAWK 3.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking off the rails changes the look completely, a. Eautiful blat.

Makes me wonder how the older S&S one ton designs would look with the same treatment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2019 at 8:36 AM, SloopJonB said:

Looks kind of bulbous to me.

True, but the bulbs do balance near perfectly. I like it. That spoon bow actually works aesthetically by balancing the other spoons. Really nice and bold design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kris Cringle said:

Obviously that person was found and HAWK was just recently restored at the Brooklin Boatyard on the Eggemoggin Reach. 

790005553_TheHAWK2.thumb.jpg.cf6193f1ceca57492ec9f0510fe5a6be.jpg

She'll probably race in a more leisurely manner today in the popular classic boat races around the area.

I would hope that she would be more leisurely. And a boat like this deserves an appropriate crew

Image result for wedding crashers rachel mcadams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2019 at 10:49 AM, Misbehavin' said:

On the opposite side of my pier, there's a Spækhugger quite similar to that. I'll try to grab a picture of it later today.

Oh well, "later today". I went out on a weekend cruise and forgot about it, but here it is. 

I'm not sure if it's with a spade rudder or skeg hung rudder, definitely not a hung rudder like on the earlier posted picture. I'll have to ask the owner, when I see him again. The first production Spækhuggers had a spade rudder, but that quite early got changed to a skeg hung rudder because of design/construction issues. About 300 were built.

image1.jpeg

tegninger600.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 3:08 PM, Misbehavin' said:

Oh well, "later today". I went out on a weekend cruise and forgot about it, but here it is. 

I'm not sure if it's with a spade rudder or skeg hung rudder, definitely not a hung rudder like on the earlier posted picture. I'll have to ask the owner, when I see him again. The first production Spækhuggers had a spade rudder, but that quite early got changed to a skeg hung rudder because of design/construction issues. About 300 were built.

image1.jpeg

tegninger600.jpg

She reminds me a bit of the Marsvin.

 

40265513124_8261b1399a_b.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 7:53 PM, captain_crunch said:

She reminds me a bit of the Marsvin.

 

40265513124_8261b1399a_b.jpg

There's a reason for that. Marsvin, Spækhugger, Grinde and Kaskelot were all designed by Peter Bruun. When my parents met, my dad owned a Marsvin, like the one above, so there's quite a big chance that I was conceived on it.
From left to right, year of design, size and a translation of their names.

Marsvin, 1977, 6.8 meters (harbour porpoise)

Spækhugger, 1969, 7.4 meters (killer whale)

Grinde, 1974, 8.2 meters (pilot whale)

Kaskelot, 1972, 10.3 meters (sperm whale)

img_3051.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grew up on the Great Lakes in the Detroit area. This was always one of my favorite boats. Dick Carter design NA 40. I am sure @Cal20sailor is familiar with these. Hull #4, built 1978. She is currently getting ready to race in the Chi/Mac. Then down to Port Huron for the BYC Mac. Went to school with the owner. Oh, he has got 12 trophies in the Chi/Mac on FT.

received_2520545407976255.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not what you think it is. Rather the granddaugther

IMG_3816-2.jpg

It's called an MF-boat.

It's 6m80 long, so somewhat shorter as the Nordic Folkboat, it's also only around half the displacement.

Looking at the sheet angle, this should go to wind like little else.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 7:01 PM, woahboy said:

Grew up on the Great Lakes in the Detroit area. This was always one of my favorite boats. Dick Carter design NA 40. I am sure @Cal20sailor is familiar with these. Hull #4, built 1978. She is currently getting ready to race in the Chi/Mac. Then down to Port Huron for the BYC Mac. Went to school with the owner. Oh, he has got 12 trophies in the Chi/Mac on FT.

received_2520545407976255.jpeg

2nd in their division. It was definitely a drifter this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what this is, looks like a aluminum hull, really like the lines, lots of subtle work in keeping clean and simple.  Maybe 65'.

 

Cant get pic to load will try later 

IMG_20190717_122304621_HDR~2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SASSAFRASS said:

Not sure what this is, looks like a aluminum hull, really like the lines, lots of subtle work in keeping clean and simple.  Maybe 65'.

 

Cant get pic to load will try later 

IMG_20190717_122304621_HDR~2.jpg

That looks nice and proper.  Has that Hinkley feel to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice hull but I'd like it a lot better with a much shorter cabin top - like ending behind the mast.

A boat that size should still have headroom forward under a flush deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was thinking a flush foredeck would be nice especially to store the rib on chicks, but it looks like that is all master SR also there is a check stay that would make the tender stowage not work.  The lines as is are almost perfect. It doesn't move alot so I'm thinking shoal keel, tons of surge here and we are moving around alot more with 8' under us. The wind gen mounts need some work they were shaking a fair bit when they braked might be a harmonic thing.  Looks like a couple could sail it pretty easy.

 

Nice boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SASSAFRASS said:

Was thinking a flush foredeck would be nice especially to store the rib on chicks, but it looks like that is all master SR also there is a check stay that would make the tender stowage not work.  The lines as is are almost perfect. It doesn't move alot so I'm thinking shoal keel, tons of surge here and we are moving around alot more with 8' under us. The wind gen mounts need some work they were shaking a fair bit when they braked might be a harmonic thing.  Looks like a couple could sail it pretty easy.

 

Nice boat.

Nope, I reckon the coachroof forward of the mast is perfect for the chicks. There’s even a nice bit of wire for them to hold on to.

The RIB is perfectly happy contending with the kicker.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 12:29 PM, SASSAFRASS said:

 

IMG_20190717_122304621_HDR~2.jpg

Wow, I love that. Long and lean. The hull looks like Tripp, but the cabin top doesn't. Almost looks like something Van de Stadt could have designed in the 60's. Transom's going the wrong way, and she appears to be a little less full all around, but she reminds me of a Southern Ocean Gallant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ Amazing. I don't see any rebar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 4:35 AM, Matagi said:

It's not what you think it is. Rather the granddaugther

IMG_3816-2.jpg

It's called an MF-boat.

It's 6m80 long, so somewhat shorter as the Nordic Folkboat, it's also only around half the displacement.

Looking at the sheet angle, this should go to wind like little else.

As in Mother F**ker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 1:29 PM, SASSAFRASS said:

IMG_20190717_122304621_HDR~2.jpg

The cabin profile bothers me; it's too long visually. I think it needs a doghouse, like the ones Phillip Rhodes did so well:

image.png.da1a4a3cd057f44ddf6b8671d5fd5e13.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bull City said:

As in Mother F**ker?

Theoretically yes.

Gives an interesting look into the inner workings of your mind, though...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ Now we're getting into "Celebrity Boats to admire."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matagi said:

Theoretically yes.

Gives an interesting look into the inner workings of your mind, though...

 The M-F, an interesting evolution on an older design. I like it.

image.thumb.png.2e96d1707a5714afc308b7057ac6334d.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's something off the C&C drawing board but built in Germany, 1971. If given the chance to throw all rationality out the window, I'd do it in a heartbeat. It was originally a race boat and was converted to a 'fast cruiser' in the 80s.image.thumb.jpeg.22f481d0b69e8747e34c95c7172cdfa7.jpeg

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1971/c-c-50-3548861/?refSource=browse listing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that is a cool boat.  C&C were such good designers.   My only real gripe with that boat is the tiny cockpit, which I suppose is sort of made up for with the cockpit aft of the mast.   Very cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fufkin said:

Here's something off the C&C drawing board but built in Germany, 1971. If given the chance to throw all rationality out the window, I'd do it in a heartbeat. It was originally a race boat and was converted to a 'fast cruiser' in the 80s.image.thumb.jpeg.22f481d0b69e8747e34c95c7172cdfa7.jpeg

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1971/c-c-50-3548861/?refSource=browse listing

 

Want.

drool-clipart-homer-simpson.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fufkin said:

Here's something off the C&C drawing board but built in Germany, 1971. If given the chance to throw all rationality out the window, I'd do it in a heartbeat. It was originally a race boat and was converted to a 'fast cruiser' in the 80s.image.thumb.jpeg.22f481d0b69e8747e34c95c7172cdfa7.jpeg

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1971/c-c-50-3548861/?refSource=browse listing

 

I Admire whatever that fixture is on the right side of the pic. Also the honesty of emphasizing that there's no toilet paper roller.

7104332_20190606051838155_1_XLARGE.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I meant to add...AN ACTUAL BIDET!!!!!   After adding one to my house a couple of years ago, taking a crap anywhere but in my own throne is painful.  That is now the only drawback to cruising is that I obviously don’t have one as this boat does...  new world yet project?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Repastinate Tom said:

I Admire whatever that fixture is on the right side of the pic. Also the honesty of emphasizing that there's no toilet paper roller.

7104332_20190606051838155_1_XLARGE.jpg

Who needs toilet paper if you have a bidet?