• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

Moth Rod

Leave it to a Mothie to make a Rat Rod even cooler. If you had a choice, which would you take - The Rat or the Moth?

Moth-and-Rod-low-res.jpg

Both mine - not sure who sent you the pic but thanks for posting. Strangely they cost about the same and are equally scary downhill. Main difference: it took two years to assemble the bits for the rat. Just an email (and requisite payment) gets you the Moth in a box in about a month.

The rat is due to make it's first appearance in the ABYC parking lot this Sunday. Hope the commodore's in a good mood.

It better be the car as I'm too porky for the moth! I was probably the right size for moths when I was 14.

Yep, I'm not going to be much good in/on a moth, but at 6'5 don't think I'll fit in the rod either... But I'll settle for one of those armchairs in the shade...

Shit, the Moth does not fit on my roadster, the 2 seater big Healey. Should construct special racks, to beat this rat...

Hmm.. does the moth actually travel there, or is it balanced on top for the photo?

I'd take the boat.. never did understand these 'merican cars, like mine to go round corners :)

I would not be able to choose between the two.

I've always loved Sailing Anarchy, but when you start combining the two things that give me wood in one website it's dangerous.

Posting the Merc leadsled the other day almost made me cry. I sported a huge shit eating grin for couple hours.

Throw a foiling dingy on top of a rust-o-rod & you've touched a place inside me I didn't know existed.

Keep hurting me soooo good. I love it!

Both mine - not sure who sent you the pic but thanks for posting. Strangely they cost about the same and are equally scary downhill. Main difference: it took two years to assemble the bits for the rat. Just an email (and requisite payment) gets you the Moth in a box in about a month.

The rat is due to make it's first appearance in the ABYC parking lot this Sunday. Hope the commodore's in a good mood.

You are one cool MF!

uhmmmm..... both?

Let's see...

Too fat for Moth? Yes.

Not enough skilz for Moth? definitely yes.

Rat. Except that I don't have enough tats (as in none) to pull of the rat either.

Shit, the Moth does not fit on my roadster, the 2 seater big Healey. Should construct special racks, to beat this rat...

Great ride. Never driven a Healey, always thought they were good looking cars. I used to drag my Moth on a light trailer behind my MGB. Amusing to tow a boat longer (and wider) than the car, with the mast overhanging the cockpit.

Let's see...

Too fat for Moth? Yes.

Not enough skilz for Moth? definitely yes.

Rat. Except that I don't have enough tats (as in none) to pull of the rat either.

Well said. Some can dream. What if we got launched by the rat in the moth?

Great ride. Never driven a Healey, always thought they were good looking cars. I used to drag my Moth on a light trailer behind my MGB. Amusing to tow a boat longer (and wider) than the car, with the mast overhanging the cockpit.

I love this. Makes me want to try popping a trailer hitch on my Alfa.

No choice....I mean, no I'm not going to make a choice, I'm keep both! The bitch can have the house, but I get the Moth and the Rod!

loud is it?

pics or it never happened.

its no Propper Shaguar but it will do! I should think your neighbors are the bigger problem? Not to mention finding a Yakima rack to fit?

See you on the water sometime soon,

K

its no Propper Shaguar but it will do! I should think your neighbors are the bigger problem? Not to mention finding a Yakima rack to fit?

See you on the water sometime soon,

K

If the rod still has rain gutters I have the racks for it....

pics or it never happened.

No problem Clean, though this ain' t no car forum. But first I have to get back from Giyczko, Poland where we are currently sailing the DN EURO and than wait for spring time, get the Moth out of the box, assemble it and than it can happen.

Good idea, just missing a tow bar on my other car, the MGB GT. But an old fashioned roof rack would fit. We did use it for windsurfing gear. You gave me food for thought. Thanks.