blackjenner

Mocking Ads on Craigslist

It might hurt a bit to land on the fiddles of the tables / counters...

1 hour ago, sculpin said:

It might hurt a bit to land on the fiddles of the tables / counters...

I guess a penitentiary is not supposed to be fun and is supposed to make you think about things done wrong.

• Like 2

Is that metal bowl on the left next to the stove the sink or the toilet?

14 minutes ago, Hukilau said:

Yes.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Hukilau said:

sink/urinal combo.  the 5 gallon bucket in the focsl is for  sitting down business..

21 hours ago, Bull City said:

image.png.132a4ed4c90061740cb144f8204e276a.png

On a phone screen this looks just like anything you’d see at any boat show today. Light, roomy, airy, with indirect light. 

24 minutes ago, 10thTonner said:

On a phone screen this looks just like anything you’d see at any boat show today. Light, roomy, airy, with indirect light. 

Yup. No handholds, lots of sharp edges. The yott stylists will be all over this one. 

4 hours ago, 10thTonner said:

I guess I need to go to a boat show.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bull City said:
4 hours ago, 10thTonner said:

I guess I need to go to a boat show.

Sounds like I'm glad I have not gone to a boat show for the last few years

FB- Doug

It's been over 40 years for me, probably the Miami Boat Show in the mid 1970s.

Went to the Auckland show maybe 4  years ago - when my boat was in NZ- I found it quite sad.

All I recall of new boats in the water was a benny, a bav and a Hanse....maybe 45 feet... dunno...

Stuck my nose in the Hanse .... a couple of a certain age were making  very impressed noises .... may have even been thinking of buying it.

I was anything but impressed .... not even a decent marina queen in my eyes.

Hmmmm.  I love boat shows.  There will never be a world where I can afford or even want a new boat, but I really enjoy seeing boats that are out of my league.  But I have to agree with Cisco; the sailboat pickings are getting slimmer.  The Miami show is a good case in point:  fewer and fewer sailboats are being shown.  The Strictly Sail part of the show used to be a separate show at Miamarina, but it's gotten to the point where they've just combined it with the power boats at Key Biscayne.  Newport is still strong, and I've heard that Annapolis hasn't lost any steam, but the smaller shows that I used to go to are either gone or don't have any sailboats at all.

The local show has been a waste of time since the 90's unless you are looking for a "boat show" deal on electronics or sails.

85% of it is obnoxious ski boats with roll bars full of stereo speakers to ensure everyone within a couple of miles knows you are there.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

obnoxious ski boats with roll bars full of stereo speakers to ensure everyone within a couple of miles knows you are there.

Didn't realize this is an international trend...I thought it was just a Southern US thing.  Boats usually contain 2-3 drunk rednecks, cranking country or even rap.  The cherry on top is an oversize US or confederate flag.

• Like 1

not really mocking, except he has the price right.  but sails cost extra...

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/boa/d/topping-sail-boat-catalina-22-free/6893727903.html

Come and get this 22' Catlina (1972) for free.
The Boat was re-rigged and could be ready to sail with a little TLC.
The hull, drop keel and mast/rigging are sound and in working order.
There are no electronics on the boat.
1 main sails and 2 jibs (from Bottger Sails, NY) in excellent conditions and stowed in bags indoors, are available for $350
Johnson 8 hp Outboard, with gas container is available for $250.
Motor will run after a tune up.
The original seat cushions are also stowed and are in decent shape.
This boat has been kept on a lift, but hasn't been sailed in a year.
This Boat came with the house purchase and I'm not a sailor so I'd like to find it a good home.
There is no trailer, so you would need to tow it from the lift.
There is also a nearby boat ramp if you want to haul it away.

Free? Except for sails and outboard?

Thats like a free car with no wheels......

1 hour ago, Marcjsmith said:

Motor will run after a tune up.

Honest.

Trust me.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:37 AM, SloopJonB said:

85% of it is obnoxious ski boats with roll bars full of stereo speakers to ensure everyone within a couple of miles knows you are there.

Maybe that's a good idea for the people around that type of "boater"? Just a guess.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:37 PM, SloopJonB said:

The local show has been a waste of time since the 90's unless you are looking for a "boat show" deal on electronics or sails.

Not a lot of great boat show deals either, unless you want to buy an actual boat.  There's always the discount sunglasses booth, but most stuff that is discounted is only discounted about 5% off regular retail.  I don't go for the deals; I go for the entertainment value.  I love looking at and hanging out around sailboats and with other sailors.  And swag.  Swag is good.  Granted, there are limits in how many keychain floats a man really needs, but I'm not there yet.  And I could always use another pair of sunglasses.

And I really like it when it's a combo power and sailboat show.  The differences in the crowds at each part makes me smile.  Sure the power boat side has more young people and families, but sailors know more about the boats.  Usually. 

Times have changed though;  I remember back in the day (late '80's) when I lived in NYC, and would go to the NY Boat Show.  This is an indoor extravaganza held every January.  The show is at the huge Javits Center, and used to be fully half power boats and half sailboats.  Back then, it looked more like a car show, with models and tacky come-ons designed to get you to look.  The models on the power boat side would be dressed in bikinis or other similar (lack of) clothing, while those on the sailboat side looked like they had stepped out of an LL Bean catalogue.  I recall one time at the show where the mid-20's and single me saw a really beautiful salesgirl in the cockpit of a sailboat, and decided to ask her some questions about the boat (ahem).  I climbed the stairs to the cockpit, and proceeded to charm the young lady.  She smiled back and said "you really need to ask my Dad those questions".  Out from below pops the young lady's father, ready to answer any questions and take my deposit check.  I didn't know if I should admire his sales technique or call the cops for pimping out his daughter.

• Like 2

Compare The Skaters by MIke Camp to the Dancers by David Wynne (PepsiCo Sculpture Gardens)

2019-05-26_0911.png

2019-05-26_0911_001.png

• Like 1

Not sure how we drifted to sculptures but it reminds me of the Oberto ones.  My son played kid soccer with the great grandson of founder Constantine Oberto, (Nice, at games we had all the jerky and meat snacks you could eat from the Oberto motorhome).  Year end party was at the grandparents waterfront home where they'd commissioned life size bronze sculptures of their 3 or 4 kids dancing and cavorting in a wide circle next to the beach.  It was a really fun, playful celebration of the family that fit into the landscaping beautifully.  I wish I had pictures.  They must have moved on as I don't think the sculptures are there any more.  You can see the house from the I-90 bridge but my eyes aren't as good as they used to be.  I really should make the ~7 mile jaunt in the outboard to see for sure.  Stupid new I-90 bridge there is not tall enough to sail under, the high rise span adds another ~20 miles round trip to get to the same spot, grrrrr.

2 hours ago, SemiSalt said:

Compare The Skaters by MIke Camp to the Dancers by David Wynne (PepsiCo Sculpture Gardens)

2019-05-26_0911.png

2019-05-26_0911_001.png

There is no comparison.

8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

There is no comparison.

Not being clever here: which do you like more?

On 5/21/2019 at 12:37 PM, SloopJonB said:

That's the new "acoustic AIS."

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ajax said:

Now we need sound seeking missiles along with the jetski seeking missiles.....

FKT

• Like 2

Some of the foiling kiteboarders have put deer whistles in their rig, so you can hear them zooming up behind you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ajax said:

Asshole Identification System

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mr. Ed said:

Not being clever here: which do you like more?

The dancers.

Painted statuary almost always looks tacky.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:46 PM, d'ranger said:

So, that is hilarious but now I am stuck with the picture of you going out with a Viking Metal Rave - leaving not a dry eye or eardrum among the gathering. 

Found the Viking to lead the rave, just need some more metal added:

- Stumbling

2 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

How about this?

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/boa/d/hayes-34-morgan-sloop-trailer/6871630225.html

34' Morgan sloop - trailer (Gloucester)

image 1 of 14>

00Y0Y_5UkN1ex4xJY_1200x900.jpg

Woah....   You have to work really hard at ignoring the engine room for a long time to get it that bad.   Note the mold, delaminating paint and plywood.  

I am still trying to decide about the hole in the bulkhead way in the back, it looks like someone started to jigsaw a hole and then switched over to the "damnit, I'm using a claw hammer!" method of drilling.

- Stumbling

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

How about this?

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/boa/d/hayes-34-morgan-sloop-trailer/6871630225.html

34' Morgan sloop - trailer (Gloucester)

image 1 of 14>

00Y0Y_5UkN1ex4xJY_1200x900.jpg

Needs pretty much everything, and it will cost you $7,000 to cart it away. Make sense to me.

Guys like this are why people think sailing is expensive and inaccessible. 

I like this feature-

"Previous owner fiberglassed over the swing keel, can be removed to allow it to go down again."

Jon B is right; painted statues are almost the definition of folk art. But the question at hand is not, which you like better but, would you buy a boat from the guy who made The Skaters? As has been made abundantly clear on SA, boat building is based on a corpus of knowledge going back thousands of years and beyond some aesthetic variation, really isn't a place for whimsicality and naive self-confidence. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

I like this feature-

"Previous owner fiberglassed over the swing keel, can be removed to allow it to go down again."

Sure, it's great. Of course without the centerboard, the boat goes to windward like overcooked mush, but that's what it's got the engine for.

Oh wait................

Actually I feel sorry for this boat, it's been neglected then fucked over then neglected some more. And it could be a really nice boat. All it needs is enough money and skilled labor expended to build a new one, plus about 20%

FB- Doug

Somewhere, I read that a lot of the classical marble statues that we are used to seeing in abstract white were originally painted. Sometimes quite elaborately.  

Come to think of it, the story may have been that they were painted and dressed to look as much as possible like living people.  

8 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Sure, it's great. Of course without the centerboard, the boat goes to windward like overcooked mush, but that's what it's got the engine for.

Oh wait................

Actually I feel sorry for this boat, it's been neglected then fucked over then neglected some more. And it could be a really nice boat. All it needs is enough money and skilled labor expended to build a new one, plus about 20%

FB- Doug

There are enough Morgan 30s out there to find one in much better shape with all parts functioning for that price.

- Stumbling

• Like 1

I present to the council another petri dish of a boat:

https://staugustine.craigslist.org/boa/d/sailboat-30-pearson-yawl-trailer-1st/6880646972.html

What it use to be:

01515_2dyc7kOI8DL_1200x900.jpg

What it is now:

00H0H_lWi2Z0Nrk5f_1200x900.jpg

00G0G_faKdwPqd6Vs_1200x900.jpg

01515_4AKMuElAJH6_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_gR7cQrevoU5_1200x900.jpg

00Z0Z_S0X2ERdGFi_1200x900.jpg

Where to begin... The trailer, a 2 and 5/16" ball?   Who the hell would use that?   That is the first I have heard of that size.   I do admire the reuse of a strong yard stand into a substantial trailer.

The photography in some shots has hints of artistry in their composition and presentation.

Its sad to see classic plastic deteriorate like this.   If this was a wood boat, it would have already decomposed in shame from its condition.

Another boat that you would have to sink multiples of her asking price to bring her back to functional and human habitable shape....

- Stumbling

2 hours ago, stumblingthunder said:

I present to the council another petri dish of a boat:

https://staugustine.craigslist.org/boa/d/sailboat-30-pearson-yawl-trailer-1st/6880646972.html

What it use to be:

Where to begin... The trailer, a 2 and 5/16" ball?   Who the hell would use that?   That is the first I have heard of that size.   I do admire the reuse of a strong yard stand into a substantial trailer.

The photography in some shots has hints of artistry in their composition and presentation.

Its sad to see classic plastic deteriorate like this.   If this was a wood boat, it would have already decomposed in shame from its condition.

Another boat that you would have to sink multiples of her asking price to bring her back to functional and human habitable shape....

- Stumbling

I think I got mold sickness just from looking at the cabin pictures.  Ugh.  Its going to take a big truck to get that trailer unstuck.  hell it looks like its sunk up to its axles on top of the likley flat tires and rusted up bearings...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcjsmith said:

- Stumbling

"A little fixing up and we can do it all again!"

Back on the bus

Hey - a Hazmat suit and a weekend with a pressure washer and you'd be 85% complete.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Hey - a Hazmat suit and a weekend with a pressure washer and you'd be 85% complete dead.

FIFY

I actually own a 2 5/16, heavy duty equipment trailers used to use them before going to the military style or 5th wheel.  The spanish moss is a nice touch for art's sake.  One must wonder what people are thinking, like uh, didn't we used to have a boat back there? Somebody go take a look, get some pics and we will sell it.

I am surprised.

In this place someone misstating a dimension by 1/16th of an inch could generate two pages of haranguing. 

Most just call it a 3-inch ball.

It is interesting to note though, that he missed the bit of mold.....ummm......everywhere else.

On 5/27/2019 at 12:33 PM, Israel Hands said:

$3,000 for the boat alone.

$4,500 for the trailer but boat must sell first.

OR $7,000 as package.

I'd say the trailer is probably worth his asking price, or worth $3,000 if you must take the boat to get it.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/d/long-beach-cal-jensen-sailboat/6899672164.html

This add needs no external mocking... it's just not clear if the creepy stalker comes with the boat or stays behind? Otherwise doesn't look bad for $700

00n0n_eoBk8Nrifcd_1200x900.jpg

1977 Cal Jensen 29' recently flooded by ex partner.
Engine and electrical were submerged and toast.
Boat does not have a leak, it was an intentional act
Needs to be removed from marina as the guy keeps trying to sink it
Will need new power, outboard is a great option.
Or rebuild the diesel that on board, Starter Alternator where submerged 
Electrical will need repairs as well, Arced when the water hit it 
Cushions stayed above water.
Sails and rigging are all good
This is a huge loss on a very nice boat 
I can't keep repairing as some dude is made it his mission to sink / destroy it
This boat had it all, fun fast, comfortable 
$700 has to leave Long Beach soon
No trailer, I have tow service or sail it off, Will need a winch handle 
No battery will need one for sump pump / lights

:blink:

20 hours ago, toddster said:

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/d/long-beach-cal-jensen-sailboat/6899672164.html

This add needs no external mocking... it's just not clear if the creepy stalker comes with the boat or stays behind? Otherwise doesn't look bad for $700

I believe the services of a exorcist, hit man and possibly a witch doctor, in addition to a lot of money, are needed on this boat.

- Stumbling

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 12:13 PM, toddster said:

JFK!

https://redding.craigslist.org/msg/d/redding-wanted-long-speaker-box-for/6871308405.html

00J0J_9puL3k8UtjH_600x450.jpg

I am looking for a long speaker box, one that has the speakers on both sides of the box, as I want to screw it to the deck of my homebuilt sailboat as a LOUD sound system. Pictured are some boxes that kind of represent what I'm looking for, and a pic of my boat with a future sound system attached.  

I'll pay $5 for a speaker box in shitty condition, unless you think this is a cool project and just want to give it to me.
I'll pay $25 to $35 for a speaker box in decent condition.
Up to $50 for one in great shape.
If there are speakers in it, I'll pay for the equivalent value of used speakers too.  

Help me build the DUBSTEP QUEEN!

23 minutes ago, Marcjsmith said:

https://redding.craigslist.org/msg/d/redding-wanted-long-speaker-box-for/6871308405.html

00J0J_9puL3k8UtjH_600x450.jpg

I am looking for a long speaker box, one that has the speakers on both sides of the box, as I want to screw it to the deck of my homebuilt sailboat as a LOUD sound system. Pictured are some boxes that kind of represent what I'm looking for, and a pic of my boat with a future sound system attached.  

I'll pay $5 for a speaker box in shitty condition, unless you think this is a cool project and just want to give it to me.
I'll pay $25 to $35 for a speaker box in decent condition.
Up to $50 for one in great shape.
If there are speakers in it, I'll pay for the equivalent value of used speakers too.  

Help me build the DUBSTEP QUEEN!

That's a funny listing. Until you contemplate being blasted by dubstep on your weekend retreat to the water.  

And there's something funky & twisted going on (photoshop?) between the fore and aft of that hull. Is it made of papier mache?

On 5/31/2019 at 9:20 AM, stumblingthunder said:

I believe the services of a exorcist, hit man and possibly a witch doctor, in addition to a lot of money, are needed on this boat.

- Stumbling

Does the stalker come with the boat? 

3 hours ago, oldfurr said:

Stiffed the last winning bidder too, but adding a $1000 minimum bid should prevent having to do that again! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-Chris-Craft-Cavalier-Project/303170374963?hash=item46965ccd33:g:ftgAAOSwMvBc2xIj

s-l1600 so mock.jpg

s-l1600 so mock 2.jpg

That's rather cavalier of them to do such a thing. 

9 hours ago, oldfurr said:

Stiffed the last winning bidder too, but adding a $1000 minimum bid should prevent having to do that again! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-Chris-Craft-Cavalier-Project/303170374963?hash=item46965ccd33:g:ftgAAOSwMvBc2xIj

s-l1600 so mock.jpg

s-l1600 so mock 2.jpg

"Just needs someone with some woodworking knowledge to bring it back to life. "

Someone with wood, too.

• Like 1

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/vancouver-vancouver-27-sailboat/6904762867.html

Only $17K

85% finished....

"This well made cold molded Vancouver 27 is unfinished, never launched and has a lead ballast, new installed Vetus diesel engine, and interior with cabin sole and bulkheads. Included are aluminum toe rail and stanchions, installed portlights and hatch, stove/oven, many stainless steel fittings and other parts. Will consider offers."

01616_aZmt2id1OH5_600x450.jpg

00q0q_6wl1ZPWEeHT_600x450.jpg

00I0I_8BGi5a2AhPS_600x450.jpg

22 hours ago, oldfurr said:

s-l1600 so mock.jpg

s-l1600 so mock 2.jpg

This is actually a nice little boat.  I have several Chris Craft sea skiffs and a Cavalier.  Cavaliers were the plywood and kit boat division of Chris Craft.  As such, putting new topsides on would be a pretty simple task.  It would also be very easy to install wanted upgrades before the sides go on.  If that boat were listed somewhere closer to me, I would probably buy it, as I’m looking for a cool little boat to go up and down the river in.  

2 hours ago, Zonker said:

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/vancouver-vancouver-27-sailboat/6904762867.html

Only $17K

85% finished....

"This well made cold molded Vancouver 27 is unfinished, never launched and has a lead ballast, new installed Vetus diesel engine, and interior with cabin sole and bulkheads. Included are aluminum toe rail and stanchions, installed portlights and hatch, stove/oven, many stainless steel fittings and other parts. Will consider offers."

That engine does not look NEW to my admittedly-jaundiced eye. Seems like a pretty nicely done boat though.....

it's that dreaded 15% undone

FB- Doug

That looks like the hull that was sitting outside the small boat shop on Granville Island for years. More effort spent keeping the moss off than outfitting it.

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

That engine does not look NEW to my admittedly-jaundiced eye. Seems like a pretty nicely done boat though.....

it's that dreaded 15% undone

FB- Doug

Well the engine is newly installed in the boat.   

Should someone point out to that guy that for $17k you can buy a 27' boat that is complete and ready to sail away?  

Edit:  Just looking on Craig's List where that boat is listed, the following boats are listed for less than $17k.  All appear in sail-away condition:

CS 27; Cal 2-29; Mirage 27, Hughes 31, Catalina 30, Alberg 30, Olson 30, Choate 27 and ODay 27, C&C Redwing 30.  Prices on those boats are $8k to $17k.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bugger said:

Should someone point out to that guy that for $17k you can buy a 27' boat that is complete and ready to sail away?  

Edit:  Just looking on Craig's List where that boat is listed, the following boats are listed for less than $17k.  All appear in sail-away condition:

CS 27; Cal 2-29; Mirage 27, Hughes 31, Catalina 30, Alberg 30, Olson 30, Choate 27 and ODay 27, C&C Redwing 30.  Prices on those boats are $8k to $17k.   

Or for probably less than what it would cost to get this one finished, you could just buy one already done and save a lot of pain, broken dreams and inevitable cost of having it finally cut up and taken to a dumpster https://thunderbirdmarine.com/yacht-sales/robert-harris-vancouver-27/

1 hour ago, bugger said:

DOA

1 hour ago, bugger said:

Yeah, but they aren't "brand new, never launched". :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Yeah, but they aren't "brand new, never launched". :ph34r:

True.  Those boats are all used up.  May as well throw them into the landfill.  :D  Bwahahahaha.

10 hours ago, Zonker said:

Only $17K

85% finished....

We’re Vancouver 27’s cold moulded?

Nope.

That's a custom build.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Nope.

That's a custom build.

Thanks. That’s what I thought. 

46 minutes ago, CyberBOB said:

Thanks. That’s what I thought. 

Could it have been the plug the mold was taken from?

18 minutes ago, Mitre cut said:

Could it have been the plug the mold was taken from?

Unlikely.

In 1972 Robert moved to Vancouver, Canada and established a small drawing office where his first design was the V27, which was also Robert’s first monohull. These plans were drawn up to meet the challenge placed by George Hartley for the design of a small ocean-crossing cutter, which he paid for in kind by providing Robert an office in an old iron works building in False Creek, Vancouver. The V27 that George built in endgrain balsa core glassfibre laminate attracted Trade Wind Boats, also of Vancouver, who asked Robert for a production license for V27s and thus started the production of a new family of Robert Harris designed ocean going monohull designs (i.e. specifically for this history - the Vancouvers), many of these were to be built by US, Canadian and Taiwanese boat builders as well as by Pheon and Northshore in Europe. Robert’s Vancouver yachts were to become very much a world-wide family.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/515d56_08856e8404794c04b8c32547e7baa094.pdf

• Like 1

It must be Polynesian week in CL:

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa/d/saint-petersburg-polynesian-sailing/6905836426.html

Birthed as proa, grew up to be a tri:

Hand built Polynesian canoe with gaph rig sail and flashing construction. This was built using traditional construction methods and have withstood the test of the Gulf of Mexico.

I sailed this canoe 230 miles from High Spring to tarpon Springs Florida. The canoe at first had one outrigger but now there's two and the bamboo is hard and green.

01414_cVlhid5S0wQ_1200x900.jpg

00909_aRwKOxnfqbh_1200x900.jpg

00S0S_bcLNcuj24Hu_1200x900.jpg

00101_gOuCJaVcYpu_1200x900.jpg

I admire the reuse/recut of an old sail, although I think there needs to be remedial aerodynamics course redo for the sailmaker on this one (gaph rigged, no less.)

I especially admire the cosy natural bimini on the stern.   Instead of junk in the trunk, this is more trash on the transom...   But replacements are plentiful in FL., just need a pruning saw and your bimini is green again!

I also admire the natural fiber standing and running rigging.

Finally, thats the first time I have heard of flashing being used in traditional construction. Maybe traditional house construction.   Ahhh, "lassshhing," not flashing, ok...

- Stumbling

So why the hell didn’t the Professor, Skipper and Gilligan put their heads together and build a large sailing Proa and use the costumes from the variety shows they would host as sails? 

Jesus they were stupid 

so that's what a gaph rig looks like....

Looks more like a gaffe rig from here

On 6/4/2019 at 8:36 AM, oldfurr said:

s-l1600 so mock 2.jpg

I know a guy who built a really cool Half Fast Cruiser starting with the bottom of a Chris Craft that was found in a field.

I hope no one helps at all with the Dubstep Queen.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Av5J2ifGMuD8YntNQ29mee-2IZXPdRpYRhxMlw0B0HQ/edit?fbclid=IwAR2Jmok7svgwSw6A3QdmDZKjxJ64lSTq2RA8e9qHdyW0GkroNIpg1WiFlz4

I wasn't sure what to do with that one. It's kind of a Coolboat. It's also more than a bit Ugly and has Admirable attributes.

It's a dream that actually got built and stands a good chance of costing money for no reason while deteriorating, so a very young, budding candidate for the Zombie Fleet.

But it's barely usable and most of the stuff to make it that way is not included and that's mockworthy.

13 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

Mock is why is there a toilet seat in the pic? Isn't the broken rib pic and the blue drum enough to scare buyers?

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc/boa/d/burnaby-6m-pacific-proa-expedition-craft/6897752911.html

00i0i_g0EGs6BRAxB_600x450.jpg

I saw this boat on the beach at at Jericho last summer I think, and I thought to myself, "ooh a folk proa, this needs to be shared with the SA gang"  but I was on a training paddle and when I got back it was gone. It was always destined for this thread.

• Like 1

I'm guessing this somehow didn't work out for Dr. Evil?

60’ Lifting keel world crushing sailboat - $34000 (Vallejo)

00505_6fZnu5Bmhdu_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toddster said:

00505_6fZnu5Bmhdu_600x450.jpg

Looks more like the world is crushing it.

5 hours ago, toddster said:

He must have crushed a coral colony...

Yes.

Sister city to Dull, Scotland. Not kidding - they stick together.  

On 6/4/2019 at 3:36 PM, oldfurr said:

s-l1600 so mock.jpg

s-l1600 so mock 2.jpg

The visible Man is selling his visible Boat!

dscf4083.jpg?w=538&h=717

- Stumbling