blackjenner

Mocking Ads on Craigslist

3 hours ago, py26129 said:

It's the 4 cylinder Volvo Penta that's got me baffled.

Me too.

diagram-illustrating-noise-flow-through-

What the Hell is that thing?  From the outside it looks somewhat like the shitty heat exchanger on my Volvo Penta.

1 hour ago, Israel Hands said:

What the Hell is that thing?  From the outside it looks somewhat like the shitty heat exchanger on my Volvo Penta.

Looks like a muffler to me. It has baffles.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

They didn't say it was a Volvo, they said it was the Penta Diesel..... you know, the one that comes after Hexa Diesel, and two before Octo Diesel......

FB- Doug

That would be the less-famous Volvo Hepta

When you needed a part for one, the mechanic would say "We hepta order dat part from Sweden. You gonna hepta pay us big moneys up front."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

The Helmholtz resonator takes the swirls out of the cooling water doesn't it?

14 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I have no idea, but it's a good theory.

Ah, it looks like a land-based muffler.

"A Helmholtz resonator or Helmholtz oscillator is a container of gas (usually air) with an open hole (or neck or port). A volume of air in and near the open hole vibrates because of the 'springiness' of the air inside. A common example is an empty bottle: the air inside vibrates when you blow across the top, as shown in the diagram at left. (It's a fun experiment, because of the surprisingly low and loud sound that results.)

https://people.seas.harvard.edu/~jones/cscie129/nu_lectures/lecture3 /ho_helmholtz/ho_helmholtz.html

Thread drift - Craigslist story from today/yesterday.

Just posted a boat for sale.  “Larry” replies shortly after I posted it.  “Is it still available?  I’m driving right now and will text you more when I stop.”

No word back. Previously several others contacted me.  Larry is like 4th or 5th on the list since a few people didn’t follow through.

So, today, I text Larry that the boat is still available.  He’s driving again.  Then he texts me the short message.  “In Lake Union?”  [in Seattle]

Scratching my head, I text my reply, “No, Blahblahblah Island, BC, in Canada, as listed in the ad.”

Comes his reply: “Oh, I got kicked out of Canada.”

On 8/23/2019 at 1:14 AM, SloopJonB said:

And the Hizenberg Compensator prevents degradation of the scan data during transport!

- Stumbling

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stumblingthunder said:

And the Hizenberg Compensator prevents degradation of the scan data during transport!

- Stumbling

Trekkie alert!  Trekkie alert!

On 8/18/2019 at 1:40 AM, Norse Horse said:

I think this would be the most intrusive tender ever. Imagine being 10ft in the air. Hoverwing - boats - by owner

UH-18SPW Hoverwing | Universal Hovercraft

We have one of those in Darwin (Aus) at the moment, creates lots of noise but looks kind of cool zooming across the bay. Ended up on TV a couple of times.

Seems like this could have even been a project.  Picture makes it look good.  But at $3500, with no masts, sails and soft spots (decks or hull?), motor left disassembled and left out in the open (them disesls love their rust like sailors love their rum)  might be more of a chain saw project than a sailing project.  ONLY MASTS Have TERMITE DAMAGE???

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/boa/d/fort-myers-beach-sailboat-1957/6953597559.html

11A32C00-DDF7-49EF-A989-65DB0EFC793B.jpeg

"Only the masts were damaged from termites. I have only one of the masts." This content is why I have to check MAoCl every day.  In its defense though, I think everyone must recognize this is really being sold as a zombie fleet live-aboard that's not supposed to go anywhere, but we must still maintain the fiction that could be ready to sail across an ocean. Perhaps the key to living on a zombie boat is to indeed maintain the fiction that you are just doing some work on it before sailing off to Tahiti. Boats are so much living embodiments of our dreams about ourselves. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Foiling Optimist said:

"Only the masts were damaged from termites. I have only one of the masts." This content is why I have to check MAoCl every day.  In its defense though, I think everyone must recognize this is really being sold as a zombie fleet live-aboard that's not supposed to go anywhere, but we must still maintain the fiction that could be ready to sail across an ocean. Perhaps the key to living on a zombie boat is to indeed maintain the fiction that you are just doing some work on it before sailing off to Tahiti. Boats are so much living embodiments of our dreams about ourselves. 

I apologize. I really liked the boat but was so taken aback by the description. 

Just now, Santana20AE said:

I apologize. I really liked the boat but was so taken aback by the description. 

I was a bit succinct about it but yes I completely agree the description is a bit of a literary triumph in the used boat field. It starts out quite positive and then the problematic details  emerge bit by bit, like those pharma ads which have all the nice stuff before listing the side effects. It's also random like it's been through a couple of halfhearted rewrites. Here's another bit that is downright poetic: "Make an offer. Serious offers only please. Please make offer. Boat has to go." Actually that's more like tragic but alas, sad stories are rather familiar on this thread. 

Craigslist flagger reply of the week.

" Large selection of mainly smaller head sails ..

John show contact info

Would the idiot who keeps flagging my post go play on the white line in the middle of the highway .. "

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/bpo/d/delta-sails-various-symetrical/6938265542.html

11 hours ago, Santana20AE said:

Seems like this could have even been a project.  Picture makes it look good.  But at $3500, with no masts, sails and soft spots (decks or hull?), motor left disassembled and left out in the open (them disesls love their rust like sailors love their rum)  might be more of a chain saw project than a sailing project.  ONLY MASTS Have TERMITE DAMAGE???

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/boa/d/fort-myers-beach-sailboat-1957/6953597559.html

11A32C00-DDF7-49EF-A989-65DB0EFC793B.jpeg

I believe the soft spot in is the mind, looking for someone else with a similar soft spot.

- Stumbling

I present for the committee to mock and deride:

24' MIDGET OCEAN RACER - $7500 (Deland)

00c0c_lsCWfn5eUst_600x450.jpg

00808_2a3ln1htXXJ_600x450.jpg

00m0m_cwIeLSBn08s_600x450.jpg

This is a double header, Mocking Craigslist with Ugly Dodger Collection potential.   

First, it appears that the poster is marketing to potentially height challenged sailors, both as a racer, as well as the enhancement to the day cabin is still too short for the average sized human. (I am well aware of M.O.R.C., I grew up crewing in that 30' and under organization)   

I do not know if the glass house extension is to help a claustrophobic person using the head, or for a Napoleonic Naval Officer reenactor to keep the moisture off of their sartorial splendor.

- Stumbling

On 8/22/2019 at 7:26 AM, Norse Horse said:

I see your canopy boat and I raise you one level of aerodynamics...

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/pml/boa/d/port-coquitlam-north-17-foot-boat/6961901873.html

So much to admire here!   Pirate indeed.

My wife may not be pleased with the curtain color though... may need to revisit that choice.

8 hours ago, stumblingthunder said:

- Stumbling

That "midget" should not go near the ocean, and it is far from a racer... 

You know, if the pope ever did a tour of Venice or Amsterdam, this could be of interest to the Vatican to replace this:

image.png.3a63d3180d1b3fb3eb4c193639a4857c.png

51 minutes ago, AnotherSailor said:

That "midget" should not go near the ocean, and it is far from a racer... 

You know, if the pope ever did a tour of Venice or Amsterdam, this could be of interest to the Vatican to replace this:

image.png.3a63d3180d1b3fb3eb4c193639a4857c.png

I had thought I had included the link to the wonderful ad:

https://daytona.craigslist.org/boa/d/deland-24-midget-ocean-racer/6964690320.html

Yes, that would be a modest nautical "Pope Bote," in becoming of his low key preferences.   I think the Benz was a hand-me-down from the former occupant of Vatican City.

The hull definitely looks like a Raven class sailboat:

https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/raven-usa

raven_drawing.jpg

With a few accessories, such as the bimini, dodger house and sailing hardware strewn on the deck.

- Stumbling

10 hours ago, stumblingthunder said:

This is a double header, Mocking Craigslist with Ugly Dodger Collection potential.   

First, it appears that the poster is marketing to potentially height challenged sailors, both as a racer, as well as the enhancement to the day cabin is still too short for the average sized human. (I am well aware of M.O.R.C., I grew up crewing in that 30' and under organization)   

I do not know if the glass house extension is to help a claustrophobic person using the head, or for a Napoleonic Naval Officer reenactor to keep the moisture off of their sartorial splendor.

- Stumbling

Would make a fine lighthouse lawn darted somewhere...

38 minutes ago, Norse Horse said:

Would make a fine lighthouse lawn darted somewhere...

A Midget Lightship!   The seller was just slightly off....

- Stumbling

2 hours ago, stumblingthunder said:

I had thought I had included the link to the wonderful ad:

https://daytona.craigslist.org/boa/d/deland-24-midget-ocean-racer/6964690320.html

Yes, that would be a modest nautical "Pope Bote," in becoming of his low key preferences.   I think the Benz was a hand-me-down from the former occupant of Vatican City.

The hull definitely looks like a Raven class sailboat:

https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/raven-usa

raven_drawing.jpg

With a few accessories, such as the bimini, dodger house and sailing hardware strewn on the deck.

- Stumbling

I am quite sure it is a Rainbow 24, designed by S&S. 

11 hours ago, stumblingthunder said:

- Stumbling

Y’all be missing the point.  This is not a midget racer for the oceans....Its a racer for midget oceans.  “Midget Ocean” racer 

• Like 2

And converting this to a pope boat should be considered a crime. I think it is Moitessier who said that anyone who fails to recognize that sailboats are alive will be a miserable failure at sea.

11 hours ago, stumblingthunder said:

- Stumbling

This is truly one of the best bastardizations that's come along recently.  Without the mast it could be a commerical crabber. But it's just so...wrong looking!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Santana20AE said:

Y’all be missing the point.  This is not a midget racer for the oceans....Its a racer for midget oceans.  “Midget Ocean” racer 

The Ol'Salt - "Aye, I have sailed seven of the Midget Oceans, and there be monsters on all seven!"

His wife - "Harry, you sailed on seven lakes in Florida, and those were all alligators!"

The Ol'Salt - "Damn it, Agnes, you squelched my tale again!"

- Stumbling

• Like 1

1985 J/24 - $5000

https://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/d/salisbury/6966022709.html

Holy shit. I made it about 1/2 way through the copy.  

Well let me tell you there no leak in the boat , I’m still fixing all the thing previous owner broke and did not properly explain, the rudder is floating in deal Island where I was forced of coorse , unable to sail it because again the owner was supposed to diliver the to my marina, unbelievable can’t sail it and 3.3 engine could handle the wind,I’m not talking just stuck , in the middle of a the path to heaven , but so close I don’t fear god . Now it it at Salisbury Port Marina same path from the office to my boat I can’t seem to finish anything not because I’m am capable but , but here say thing I won’t put anymore money into your Home sound threading , if I turn or push the light switches to puff and make it all go away I will. Now as for this lovely boat I mean absolutely clean line and shape for speed and could take on anyone in it way with any proble with the skilled sailer to finish the basic thing I needed to sail home to see my daughter, like the rudder but I’m sure you can go over to deal island marina and pick up from fishing crew , seeing it floating right bye them, and 1500, to be tow back and 200. Travel except for Rutro how game me a ride and got back shore , now if was surfboard I would road it all the to shore , boat pair is new on lift by previous owner , rudder again and where the sail attacked to bar that slid between and in front of the rudder that held on by PVC and no charter pin , I sanded the intire boat started with brand new sand that they blew up like phone and other home ,you know the slip I already paid for the one they said I did pay but I was a month head , took brake from add had clean bathrooms due mold and clean my own spot so don’t get sick from them , office is trying there best to learn there job Bill supposed come take a check , so if want leave to leave here they say it the Quitest spot but I disagree, but I’m sure the the marina will look as nice as boat if I could get money back to finish, but we all know this a nice boat even with a missing rudder and engine I know run just not for me , the broke part he fell on breaking part wondering how in world did get push of course, the shocking truth your reading is just to much for stop now because that’s beginning , sanding smooth few false did it rocking on the water not rock , Custom paint job not perfect but once you decide to what kind top coat grip you , it ready to just lay down . I got all the like working deep find on but I don’t know how to it works have some light inside worth 500. And tv fridge OG inside complete with new racing sail brand new and so storm sail , I guess this boat ready race the only light I can’t get turn on is the cabin may need new bulbs , still working on it ,toilet , now I going take a lot pictures of paint the inside but as for now you finish make me offer if sounds to good to be true I will take it , But your welcome to come down here pick boat up take it home starting number 5000.00 yeah you part it out and make more so 5000. And you can don’t ask unless you want to by that part for 5000. Now you got 10000.00 car I’ll trade your for like VW or Audi but it must have all the paper work a detailed never wrecked and be will to take over to Auto shop right from of the marina because you won’t leave if screw me over again , in fact what time is it , well any time you want to come see the boat and help get hell out this town. Leaving for the island will trade home land in Hawaii, or a plane hope you understand I don’t play and I don’t think it’s funny so if some really want to help no worries the but would be awesome like I planned I got wat to much money in two boat and if could l would let you step into my office , to work out the detail, now don’t get to hard it awesome boat that why I picked it boat I’m afraid that there going continue ruining the anti life so I proud of the work I have a accomplished here in the Marina I always a little hard on my self when come to work or a just trying to make it hard , now I love to sell this Marina and boat slip and I can’t put right on mike Or Brian desk to read over and sign just make sure all party’s are happy when they leave by car boat or plane , but on the seriousness life short and even with the heater I have on this boat it going to be told I think in winter so I thought sell it and move where weather suits . Then made fly back like a bird during summer or who know maybe my daughter would like me just sell everything and we live happily ever after and a fair tail can live my old life and visit all the place I have in last 5 years most never make it a year if you have trouble finding it I will point you in the right direction

image.thumb.png.892458853088cc8e88697ac77ea15615.png

6 minutes ago, Schnappi said:

Well let me tell you there no leak in the boat , I’m still fixing all the thing previous owner broke and did not properly explain, the rudder is floating in deal Island where I was forced of coorse , unable to sail it because again the owner was supposed to diliver the to my marina, unbelievable can’t sail it and 3.3 engine could handle the wind,I’m not talking just stuck , in the middle of a the path to heaven , but so close I don’t fear god . ... if you have trouble finding it I will point you in the right direction

A wall of text no sane person would attempt.

33 minutes ago, Schnappi said:

A wall of text no sane person would attempt.

Well, I'm no sane person, so I read much of it and found the following segment remarkable in that it shows an unexpected self awareness: "make me offer if sounds to good to be true I will take it".

• Like 1

Literary Gold!

Better than our Snaggy could do.

11 minutes ago, Windward said:

Literary Gold!

Better than our Snaggy could do.

bite your tongue!  although tongue biting might explain snagalese?

ESL stream of consciousness if I'm not mistaken.

7 hours ago, Schnappi said:

like the rudder but I’m sure you can go over to deal island marina and pick up from fishing crew , seeing it floating right bye them, and 1500, to be tow back and 200. Travel except for Rutro how game me a ride and got back shore , now if was surfboard I would road it all the to shore , boat pair is new on lift by previous owner , rudder again and where the sail attacked to bar that slid between and in front of the rudder that held on by PVC and no charter pin , I sanded the intire boat started with brand new sand that they blew up like phone and other home ,you know the slip I already paid for the one they said I did pay but I was a month head

Huh?

On 8/22/2019 at 10:26 AM, Norse Horse said:

I see your canopy boat and I raise you one level of aerodynamics...

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/pml/boa/d/port-coquitlam-north-17-foot-boat/6961901873.html

That was a pretty cool little boat before someone did that to it.

15 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I think it has become more of a lawn ornament than a viable boat.

Mosquito farming.  The future is now.

• Like 1

At first glance it seemed odd for the first listing in the Boats category to be a car, but this is actually filed appropriately.

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 2.45.49 PM.png

$8K for a pink '87 ghetto sled! :lol:  I guess he rides around with Bruce's ode cranked, windows down (since the AC doesn't work)

22 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I think it has become more of a lawn ornament than a viable boat.

That has become ephemera. When your neighbor has a car that hasn't moved, a tractor, or bunch of crab/lobster traps that don't go anywhere - that's ephemera. as in "yep, that house has got some real Maine ephemera."

On 8/28/2019 at 8:47 PM, Schnappi said:

1985 J/24 - $5000

Well let me tell you there no leak in the boat , I’m still fixing all the thing previous owner broke and did not properly explain, the rudder is floating in deal Island where I was forced of coorse , unable to sail it because again the owner was supposed to diliver the to my marina, unbelievable can’t sail it and 3.3 engine could handle the wind,I’m not talking just stuck , in the middle of a the path to heaven , but so close I don’t fear god . Now it it at Salisbury Port Marina same path from the office to my boat I can’t seem to finish anything not because I’m am capable but , but here say thing I won’t put anymore money into your Home sound threading , if I turn or push the light switches to puff and make it all go away I will. Now as for this lovely boat I mean absolutely clean line and shape for speed and could take on anyone in it way with any proble with the skilled sailer to finish the basic thing I needed to sail home to see my daughter, like the rudder but I’m sure you can go over to deal island marina and pick up from fishing crew , seeing it floating right bye them, and 1500, to be tow back and 200. Travel except for Rutro how game me a ride and got back shore , now if was surfboard I would road it all the to shore , boat pair is new on lift by previous owner , rudder again and where the sail attacked to bar that slid between and in front of the rudder that held on by PVC and no charter pin , I sanded the intire boat started with brand new sand that they blew up like phone and other home ,you know the slip I already paid for the one they said I did pay but I was a month head , took brake from add had clean bathrooms due mold and clean my own spot so don’t get sick from them , office is trying there best to learn there job Bill supposed come take a check , so if want leave to leave here they say it the Quitest spot but I disagree, but I’m sure the the marina will look as nice as boat if I could get money back to finish, but we all know this a nice boat even with a missing rudder and engine I know run just not for me , the broke part he fell on breaking part wondering how in world did get push of course, the shocking truth your reading is just to much for stop now because that’s beginning , sanding smooth few false did it rocking on the water not rock , Custom paint job not perfect but once you decide to what kind top coat grip you , it ready to just lay down . I got all the like working deep find on but I don’t know how to it works have some light inside worth 500. And tv fridge OG inside complete with new racing sail brand new and so storm sail , I guess this boat ready race the only light I can’t get turn on is the cabin may need new bulbs , still working on it ,toilet , now I going take a lot pictures of paint the inside but as for now you finish make me offer if sounds to good to be true I will take it , But your welcome to come down here pick boat up take it home starting number 5000.00 yeah you part it out and make more so 5000. And you can don’t ask unless you want to by that part for 5000. Now you got 10000.00 car I’ll trade your for like VW or Audi but it must have all the paper work a detailed never wrecked and be will to take over to Auto shop right from of the marina because you won’t leave if screw me over again , in fact what time is it , well any time you want to come see the boat and help get hell out this town. Leaving for the island will trade home land in Hawaii, or a plane hope you understand I don’t play and I don’t think it’s funny so if some really want to help no worries the but would be awesome like I planned I got wat to much money in two boat and if could l would let you step into my office , to work out the detail, now don’t get to hard it awesome boat that why I picked it boat I’m afraid that there going continue ruining the anti life so I proud of the work I have a accomplished here in the Marina I always a little hard on my self when come to work or a just trying to make it hard , now I love to sell this Marina and boat slip and I can’t put right on mike Or Brian desk to read over and sign just make sure all party’s are happy when they leave by car boat or plane , but on the seriousness life short and even with the heater I have on this boat it going to be told I think in winter so I thought sell it and move where weather suits . Then made fly back like a bird during summer or who know maybe my daughter would like me just sell everything and we live happily ever after and a fair tail can live my old life and visit all the place I have in last 5 years most never make it a year if you have trouble finding it I will point you in the right direction

Reads like the poster smoked what Miley did:

That one special bond with the English language...

- Stumbling

I look forward to when a celebrity smoking weed isnt news.  lol

On 8/30/2019 at 2:04 PM, MauiPunter said:

I look forward to when a celebrity smoking weed isnt news.  lol

Well tmz isn’t exactly A news outlet...it’s barley a step above the National enquirer or springer...

On 8/28/2019 at 7:36 PM, The Lucky One said:

Still wondering why folk can't bother to throw a cheap tarp over something they may want to sell in the future:

Then that stuff wouldn't grow. Don't you know anything?:)

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 1:47 PM, Schnappi said:

1985 J/24 - $5000

I hope this guy is on the list that prevents you from buying a gun.

And now, for review by the committee:

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/d/miami-sail-boat-classic-world-cruiser/6969150415.html

00I0I_fEPcQbBvfBa_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_dIxl16aqwSW_1200x900.jpg

00E0E_I0Zb3MKLEY_1200x900.jpg

A triple threat, Junk in the Trunk (the Dodge Daytona Charger-esq wind charger tower),  Ugly Dodger Collection (strangest wheel conversion),  and a Mocking Craigslist ad:

We lived on her for over 30 years In 30 year We Circumnavigate once aroud the world an several Atlantic crossings we lived and visit many places my soon came to the boat when he was only 9 months lived on her till he became a man build in the 50 ths like a tank fiberglass no wood core only hand layed fiberglass this boat made me feel very safe even in the worth storms .please get some info on the Bounty II 41 by philip before you contact me . call me or text .this is a boat for serious ocean sailors if you look for lots space and you not handy sailor this boat is not for you.she needs some TLC but everything is there sails are like new a 50 hp westerbeke with only 1000hrs Sokar panels with Geneator AC 16 btu 2800 inverter etc many extras call xxx-xxx-xxxx

The boat has classic lines, but the interior is ... just off, including the offset companionway.

You all take a look and see what you find comment-able.

- Stumbling

• Like 1

There should be a new thread, Scary Boat Ads on Craigslist:

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/wan/d/miami-beach-donate-your-sailboat/6969511850.html

00k0k_g6wwTpjN7kH_600x450.jpg

Donate your used sailboat and let it be in loved once again ! We will collect

Thank you!

Nothing more to say on this....

- Stumbling

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

Another in the dinghy series, the hard boiled soft dink. You knew, one day, this would happen...

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/kelowna-10ft-heavy-duty-commercial/6963705425.html

I kind of like it but wonder what that thing is where an engine should be.

3 hours ago, stumblingthunder said:

An offset companionway and an offset wheel.  Certainly double-damned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Repastinate Tom said:

I kind of like it but wonder what that thing is where an engine should be.

Are you sure it isn't just yard art?

- Stumbling

4 hours ago, stumblingthunder said:

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/wan/d/miami-beach-donate-your-sailboat/6969511850.html

Thank you!

- Stumbling

That is just wrong on so many levels.

4 hours ago, stumblingthunder said:

Thank you!

- Stumbling

My my. Lices sure grow big those days. Poor girl. 

6 hours ago, stumblingthunder said:

And now, for review by the committee:

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/d/miami-sail-boat-classic-world-cruiser/6969150415.html

00I0I_fEPcQbBvfBa_1200x900.jpg

00E0E_I0Zb3MKLEY_1200x900.jpg

A triple threat, Junk in the Trunk (the Dodge Daytona Charger-esq wind charger tower),  Ugly Dodger Collection (strangest wheel conversion),  and a Mocking Craigslist ad:

We lived on her for over 30 years In 30 year We Circumnavigate once aroud the world an several Atlantic crossings we lived and visit many places my soon came to the boat when he was only 9 months lived on her till he became a man build in the 50 ths like a tank fiberglass no wood core only hand layed fiberglass this boat made me feel very safe even in the worth storms .please get some info on the Bounty II 41 by philip before you contact me . call me or text .this is a boat for serious ocean sailors if you look for lots space and you not handy sailor this boat is not for you.she needs some TLC but everything is there sails are like new a 50 hp westerbeke with only 1000hrs Sokar panels with Geneator AC 16 btu 2800 inverter etc many extras call xxx-xxx-xxxx

The boat has classic lines, but the interior is ... just off, including the offset companionway.

You all take a look and see what you find comment-able.

- Stumbling

Let me take a stab at this one. 

As a whirled cruiser I can see what he was trying to accomplish it's just the way it was done that could use ameliorating.

The scaffold and bird-a-matic along with the bimini are destroying any chance of sailing is a balanced state. Give me an afternoon with my tool box, a few spare 10mm sockets and the boat would become a better sailer.

The steering wheel mounter right forward under the dodger would be practical in cold and snotty conditions. It'd also help pull crew weight forward to somewhat offset the sturdy scaffold- bird chopper's weight cantilevered out past the waterline.. I'd build some drop boards that are solid on the starboard side and open on the side closest the centerline to accommodate a little ventilation yet give a bit more integrity in the event of a knockdown.

And of course a dumpster to store the previous owners treasure and memories. (I need room for mine).

• Like 1

For all of you McGregor Lovers (at least I think its a Mac). For light duty, the Galvinized trailer actually has some value.  Maybe not $800.00 worth but at least some value.  And, I must give the skipper some credit, he has his anchor deployed to assure that floodwaters won’t carry her away.

https://jacksontn.craigslist.org/boa/d/milan-sail-boat/6958770250.html

D40C9F8A-D8F0-4C4F-B100-1F6E53A4EBEF.jpeg

I think that is a record for arch altitude, ST.

One more level for a radar needed.:lol:

I saw a Mac 26 in Comox with no rigging anymore, converted to a pure salmon fighting machine. Multiple rod holders, dual downriggers, prawn traps, 9.9 troller.... Now that was weird.

9 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

I think that is a record for arch altitude, ST.

One more level for a radar needed.:lol:

I saw a Mac 26 in Comox with no rigging anymore, converted to a pure salmon fighting machine. Multiple rod holders, dual downriggers, prawn traps, 9.9 troller.... Now that was weird.

Owner was certain that clear air was up there!

- Stumbling

On 9/2/2019 at 3:05 AM, Bull City said:

I hope this guy is on the list that prevents you from buying a gun.

He should also be on a list that prevents him from buying a pen. Anymore writing like that is sure to break the world...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Santana20AE said:

For all of you McGregor Lovers (at least I think its a Mac). For light duty, the Galvinized trailer actually has some value.  Maybe not $800.00 worth but at least some value.  And, I must give the skipper some credit, he has his anchor deployed to assure that floodwaters won’t carry her away.

8 years ago it was registered.   The bow has been raised to prevent frog invasion.   The jungle has already been cut away.  No evidence of redesign by home shipwrights.  Maybe this could be made into a boat?    It’s not that far from Kentucky Lake.

18 hours ago, Santana20AE said:

The fenders are deployed. Looks ready for voyaging!

21 hours ago, Santana20AE said:

200 for the trailer, 600 for the flower pot.  

And a pretty clean fender for free.

5 minutes ago, Therapy said:

200 for the trailer, 600 for the flower pot.  

And a pretty clean fender for free.

Nah...$300 for the trailer and throw in the flower pot for free.  Trailer’s galvinized.  Its gonna last.  Oh, the anchor looks good...IF you like that style anchor, I don’t.  Kinda like the anchor to anchor.  

25 minutes ago, Santana20AE said:

Nah...$300 for the trailer and throw in the flower pot for free.  Trailer’s galvinized.  Its gonna last.  Oh, the anchor looks good...IF you like that style anchor, I don’t.  Kinda like the anchor to anchor.  

You win the low bit.

It's yours.

Heh.

1 hour ago, g7tunison said:

I found that guy with the Harlasaki! Do not say the name!

https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/boa/d/titusville-1975-ct54-ketch-by-robert/6929019997.html

That boat has been for sale forever.

There must be a host of things wrong with her (pictures of rust stained bilges is one clue!)

- Stumbling

8 hours ago, stumblingthunder said:

That boat has been for sale forever.

There must be a host of things wrong with her (pictures of rust stained bilges is one clue!)

- Stumbling

Looks like the Captain Ron boat.... 

Looks like it's been under at least to the floorboards.

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Looks like the Captain Ron boat.... 

What ever is going to happen, will happen out there!

- Stumbling

On 9/5/2019 at 5:38 PM, Israel Hands said:

something about this little motor touches me. It's just...cute.

https://eastnc.craigslist.org/boa/d/beaufort-firestone-antique-outboard/6970320427.html

Firestone Antique Outboard Motor - $275 (Beaufort)

Kind of like a Kinder egg with a leg.

8 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

If you liked Kinder eggs...you might not like this one...it's had seamen inside it.

Fortunately this 100 person 32’ sardine can has seen “very little use”.   The seller doesn’t seem to like dreamers.    That would eliminate the most likely demographic.    It has a working motor but they won’t let the buyer leave under power.    

• “Buyer will have to tow out of the Deas basin where they are currently located or have craned out and trucked away (14 foot beam, near the maximum for a wide load permit in BC.   Pilot vehicle required). Contractor will have to submit a safe work plan that satisfies BC Ferries Safety Dept. or pay for BC Ferries to organize.”

48C2131B-152F-4ED4-8C85-E4ADA88FE38A.jpeg

I submit this to woodies lovers appreciation. Sorry for some pics size, they came as they were.

https://www.bandofboats.com/fr/buy/boat/42878?utm_medium=rtb&utm_source=criteo&utm_campaign=achat

5bfe8cd3a7e68-42878-1.jpg.9a82c0b83cfd7f44d5f62e0c5d65a03e.jpg5c01233abe532-42878-9.jpg.8106d6cd7d36e84686cf3f78a5c27098.jpg5c01233ad75c7-42878-17.jpg.4475708572ab4e9709d6e958ec8d9f14.jpg

5c01233ab51ca-42878-6.jpg.dbb0c16d8f90380e98ec491b1e7efdbe.jpg5c01233aaee16-42878-4.jpg.05f3f996d3bdbd5947ca68c19a0abc28.jpg

For 10.000 euros, you get a -I quote- "half-rebuilt" boat. So, even though the dodger itself is "90% rebuilt", the project misses the 80% complete category by a big margin.

Meh - no more work to look after than a glass boat.

Ask any wooden boat owner.

Yah right Sloop...  that's called denial...

59 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Good Lord...that funky keel. Like a Pearson 30 only even more exaggerated.

Yes, a strange affliction of that era.   Sailboats were never going to get going fast enough to take advantage of swept wing attributes, but it was "swoopy"!

- Stumbling